Down in the Deep of Carvana

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#1 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Prelude: Call me Ishmael

My brow was riddled with sweat, my eyes were filled with anger, and my heart was filled for the need to enact justice upon those who have robbed me, revenge. Long time ago a great white shark has taken my father and the parents of my crew. The Leviathan haunts the ocean, preying on the weak and the feeble, destroying their very soul in a calamity of horror. What seemed like a waste of time became the greatest hunt in the entire known world. To state that it is purely retribution driven is a complete overstatement, the Leviathan has destroyed the ocean along with other people’s lives, and it cares not for others but its own personal gain, its own hunt. Some say that this shark hunts beyond its own need of survival, greedily taking smaller and weaker fish. Some say that this Shark also has other sharks hunting in the waters too, those who give tithes to their supreme overlord.

Our campaign against the beast has been fruitful and our glorious conquest will not be stopped, no matter how many ships have and will fall. We brush through, wave after wave, turn after turn, ships sinking after ship sinking, we push through. When we have finally seen the light, the calm and quite beginning, we all were in awe. The boats have stopped, the air was dead, the waters were as calm as glass, and the monster waited above the water to greet its adversaries. Within the eye of the storm was the Great White Shark. Our boats, our grand galleons were mere ants to the size of the creature. Its body was like a whale, as others are dwarfed by its magnificence, its teeth were mountains, its eyes were the sun, its tentacles wiping and slashing about, its airs were self assured in victory; no matter, we will take down this beast once and for all. We have come this far, this beast will taste our fury.

Our boats began to pick up the winds, and our weapons began to fire upon the beast. The beast moved weirdly, as if it was still standing still. Every blow we delivered felt like nothing was being accomplished. Each one of our ships was being destroyed and the monster came closer and closer. When we finally came face to face, our ship as the last ship. I readied my sword and prepared to fight the monster. The Shark’s jaws opened wide to show how insignificant we were. It did little to deter me from my mission. The storm raged on now, before it began to sallow us, lightning at every possible turn. Our ships were continually firing upon the beast, hoping it will do damage. I knew our canons would do nothing to the beast now, all the hope we have left is to best this monster within its stomach, within its own bowels. Our ship sailed straight into the mouth of the shark and down into its jugular before it could damage our ship. As the beast closed its massive jaws, we began firing at all possible directions to inflict as much damage as possible. The shark felt nothing and closed its jaws for good.

___

I wake up in sudden shock; my heart was a snare drum and sweat pouring down from my face. “Rork. Get up, we have to go the Grand Entry.” My master told me. My head felt in pain, headaches arose in such an unforgiving manner. “Wha?” I responded as best as I could. “the Grand Entry, we judges have to go down into the lower levels, remember?” My mind recalled the missing information. Of course, how could I be so stupid to forget the Grand Entry. I jumped out of my bed and dashed into the locker for my armor. “I’ll be right there, master. Give me a few seconds.” My master scoffed a little.”Typical Rork, you have to be more punctual, especially when it comes to these events.” I nodded off the typical preaching and nagging that he usually gives. “Yeah, yeah. I know, I’ll be right there.” This is the time, the day that I will finally become an actual judge.

I realize this may be a bit short for a introduction, but don't expect the chapters to be that short, this was merely to set the mood before getting in the real meat of it. Consider it an appetizer to the appetizer.
Chapter 1...
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.