Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves

#61 Post by Bellhead »

Always nice to see people making friends.. and I can definately see Isaac making a few jokes behind closed doors as time goes on. Who wouldn't?

Great update, Jonsey. Always a pleasure.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#62 Post by FrogSteaks »

I actually felt a little bad for Rakai after he told Zyanya how he felt about her (even though he kicked Isaac in the nuts) :roll: Another great chapter. Keep it up, my friend.
Oh, and if the Ask the Cast thing is still open, I have a question for the cubs. What do you think about Zyanya and the Kingsleys taking you in and giving you a proper place to call home?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#63 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#64 Post by Bellhead »

You took my breath away with that last part...

Though I did get quite a chuckle from Jakob and Franklyn, and the wine glass. Definately necessary. Needed to be done. 8)

And based on how they're thinking of each other, I certainly hope Jakob can sort his feelings out by the time his beloved friend returns, for both their sakes.

Lovely chapter is beautifully written. Can't wait for the next one.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#65 Post by FrogSteaks »

Well, well, Looks like Franklyn doesn't need to get a glass of wine for Elizabeth since Jakob offered him his. How thoughtful.:P
Man I can't wait to hear Zyanya tell her mother all she's been through since she left. They both have plenty of catching up to do.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#66 Post by Jonesy »

Considering I'm back at university now, the next chapter may take longer to complete. I'll likely post another Ask the Cast if it takes too long, but I'm also posting an older story of mine to help tide you all over.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18759

Jonesy
Templar Master

#67 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#68 Post by Bellhead »

He should have gotten a lot more than wine in his face. And Jakob should't feel bad, given what was said. The guy earned a broken nose.
Also, very touching reunion. Very well written, amazing job.
As usual, can't wait for the next chapter. I wonder what repurcussions await Jakob in the social community for standing up for himself... That will be interesting.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#69 Post by FrogSteaks »

Bellhead wrote:I wonder what repercussions await Jakob in the social community for standing up for himself... That will be interesting.
I get the feeling that there will be another article in the Gazette with a less than flattering depiction of what actually happened. Hell, Tholmes himself would probably be the one giving the details to the reporter.
Wow, what a long time coming for Zyanya and Ithua to finally get reacquainted. Nearly brought a tear to my eye. It will be interesting to see if they can find the brothers before they have to head back to Esterton. Of course, if they do, that means there will be three more Lupusad heading to the estate. Might start to get a bit crowded in there. :)
Also, Ithua is such a beautiful name.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#70 Post by Jonesy »

Ask the Cast Issue #2 - 29 / 03/ 2015

Jonesy: "Welcome, welcome, to our second edition of ask the cast. It's been a while since the first, and Chapter 12 was only very recent, but I figured I'd bring out another guest to share their thoughts. Tonight, we have our favourite lupusad vigilante. Rakai, it's a pleasure to have you here.

Rakai: "Of course it is."

Jonesy: "Quite. Now, Bellhead has a question for you. Given that you carry a sword when out and about, how often have you had to use it?"

Rakai: "Once."

Jonesy: "Really? What happened?"

Rakai: "A human asked me too many questions."

*Jonesy tugs at his collar*

Jonesy: "Very funny. But in all serious, how many times?"

Rakai: "Not once in anger; just when I'm practicing with Dozoen. I'll be ready when I need to use it.

Jonesy: "On whom, do you think?"

Rakai: "Humans.

Jonesy: "Any in particular? Or is it just a... general sort of thing?"

Rakai: "Whichever ones threaten me. Slavers. Thugs. Watchmen."

Jonesy: "But not a lupusad?"

Rakai: "No. We'd be on the same side."

Jonesy: "Right... why do you feel humans are such a threat?"

Rakai: "Go down to the lupusad slums sometime. Have a look around at how we have to live. Humans make us make them money... but won't let us have our own. Humans want us to live like them... but they don't want us to equal them. Humans want us to be civilized... but treat us like we're not. We're living in a society where those who built it are working against us. I think you can forgive me for wanting to ensure the safety of myself and those around me."

Jonesy: "Surely there are exceptions to what you're saying. What about the Kingsleys? The Rileys?"

Rakai: "Two families, with a limited number of businesses between them. Doesn't change what everyone else is doing."

Jonesy: "Then that would mean a sword won't change anything. Killing a human certainly wouldn't."

Rakai: "I can't change the world. I can only do my best to survive it."

Jonesy: "Well, I suppose I can't judge you for that. Do you think if more people were as accepting as the Kingsleys and Rileys, things would be different?"

Rakai: "I... don't know. It certainly couldn't hurt."

Jonesy: "It certainly couldn't. And I'm afraid that's all we have time for tonight. Thank you for answering question from a human."

Rakai: "You're welcome."

Jonesy: "And don't forget, readers, new submissions for the 'ask the cast' are always welcome. Good night!"

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#71 Post by Bellhead »

I often forget how calm and logical and collected Rakai can be when he wants to be. Wonder if he ever considered philosophy? Either way: I'd be pale-face scared to see him snap, with his sword skills.

Well done, Jonesy. This was fun to read.

And, since I hadn't thought of these for a while, I just had to come up with another suggestion.
What would Tholmes have to say about the conversation between him and Jakob, provided it was known what was said? How would he (and those around him) react knowing just how racist he really is?

I might recommend adding a little reminder at the bottom of your chapters, maybe with a divider of some kind, saying something like "Don't forget to submit your questions for our next 'ask the cast' segment!", maybe?

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#72 Post by FrogSteaks »

Bellhead wrote:I might recommend adding a little reminder at the bottom of your chapters, maybe with a divider of some kind, saying something like "Don't forget to submit your questions for our next 'ask the cast' segment!", maybe?
That or you can put it in your sig so you don't have to worry about typing it each time.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#73 Post by Bellhead »

Even better idea. That would work quite nicely, I should think.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#74 Post by Jonesy »

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#75 Post by Bellhead »

Hurray for happy endings! I hope Iduel will be able to recover.. if he's been through that much, he may very well be long gone. Maybe a good old-fashioned hug from his long-lost big sister can snap him out of it.