Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bachaddict
Apprentice

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 20) [Mature Content]

#256 Post by Bachaddict »

Jonesy wrote:
Bellhead wrote:
Jonesy wrote:I've been playing around with Lego Digital Designer for the first time in years, and have made a scene of Jakob and Zyanya having a picnic while Elaiel and Enukr play nearby.
Yeah sorry, it says I need to be logged in to see more than the thumbnail.

Also, I used to mess around with LDD myself, a long time ago. I didn't think anyone else even knew about it. That thing was FUN! :D
I give up. Almost every attempt I've made to share an image on this site has been met with failure.

But yeah, I was into it quite a bit back in the day. I'm surprised that they only recently discontinued support, even though it's still available for download.
[blindpost, have only read to the quoted message]
I started building Trace once. Didn't get further than the face.
It's still the easiest LEGO CAD software to build with, I hope it'll stay around. I used it to help people build a walking Katipo I created, though I don't think anyone did end up building it :|

As far as the story: I'll echo the comments of others after each chapter. Loving it, and sad that I've reached the end of the binge. Maybe I'll start at the beginning again!
|This box is too sm|

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 23) [Mature Content]

#257 Post by Jonesy »

OK, so I've got a bit of news.

First of all, as of this morning I've graduated from university with a distinction.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP5BlXM7hIs[/video]

Secondly, as some of you may already know, I'm a moderator on the Chucklefish forums. Since they've just released Starbound 1.0, I'm currently very busy both moderating the now very busy forums, all the while playing the game I've been waiting a good four years for. And, you know, looking for jobs.

So, while a lot of my attention remains elsewhere, I'm still making sure I've plenty of time to work on the story. At the moment, the next chapter is of normal length, and about halfway done.

TheFightingMonk

#258 Post by TheFightingMonk »

Congrats on graduating!! :P
Grate story. So glade I found it. When is the book coming out? :grin:

Computer wont let me subscribe. Keeps saying there was an error. Now it says I am subscribed. I hate computers.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#259 Post by Jonesy »

TheFightingMonk wrote:Congrats on graduating!! :P
Grate story. So glade I found it. When is the book coming out? :grin:

Computer wont let me subscribe. Keeps saying there was an error. Now it says I am subscribed. I hate computers.
Glad you're enjoying it! I'll consider doing a book once the story's finished, and perhaps once I've brought some of the earlier chapters up to my current standards.

In any case, the next chapter isn't far away. It'll be proof-read within a week, hopefully.

Jonesy
Templar Master

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 24) [Mature Content]

#260 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#261 Post by anonfox123 »

OOOOOOOOHHHHH man, this just got real! Good job on making everyone in that meeting so hateable that when I saw the wine come around I was thinking "Please be poisoned, please be poisoned..." But also good job on reminding us just how much an act that drastic can set back Jacob and Zyanya's cause.

And somehow I'm also thinking there is a Corvo Attano analogue somewhere out there in this town...
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#262 Post by FrogSteaks »

Okay, just gonna put this out there. The scene with Nituna's cubs being born is the sweetest thing I've read in this story. I can't help but feel proud for them. And like Zy said, they'll be able to live in a better world, thanks in no small part to Jakob's actions.Also, if anybody happens to create some fanart of Nituna and Rakai with their newborn cubs, they'd be my best friend forever. Just sayin'.

Holy damn, that last part! It actually took me a minute to realize what had taken place. I didn't think anyone would resort to such drastic measures. Man, what a development this will be. I can only imagine what Jakob's reaction will be when he sees the Gazette article on this.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#263 Post by Bellhead »

Saw this last night, just now found time to read it. Wow.. just Wow. This is why I read this story.

Nicely done, Jonesy, nicely done.

Nituna as a mother... She'll do a wonderful job, I'm sure. And Rakai doesn't seem like the deadbeat type, so I wish them both everything and then some.

Also

Politics are a nightmare, Jakob. We all know this. But rebellion is.. Well, let's just say it's worse. Politics are the grounds for a call to action. Rebellion is the cavalry riding in when politics are too slow. This is going to get worse before it gets better. Much worse. Hold your head high, and forgive them; for they know not the consequences of their actions.

Also

Lieutenant, grab your sword, grab your pen, and keep your wits about you. The next few weeks may very well be much more of the same, and if you waver in your duties, one of them may be you.

This.. Just holy cow. The implications of an entire race rebelling.. Here in the states, it was people who wanted slaves fighting people who didn't, and that war was not pleasant. This.. This will be bad. Very bad. The immovable object of slave owners versus the irresistible force of an entire hellbent race. This will not end well.

Jonesy, part of me hates you for being so good at writing this. And part of me just wants to know what happens next. Well done, Jonesy. Well done.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#264 Post by Jonesy »

I see Elaiel and Enukr have found some acting work.

https://twitter.com/thetempertrap/statu ... 0451364865
FrogSteaks wrote:Also, if anybody happens to create some fanart of Nituna and Rakai with their newborn cubs, they'd be my best friend forever. Just sayin'.
That would be neat. I'd also be keen to see some fanart of Taima and her friends.

On a more general note, I'm glad everyone enjoyed that chapter. Obviously, it's something I wanted to make sure I got right.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#265 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 25) [Mature Content]

#266 Post by Bellhead »

War among the masses, fire in the streets. Rebellion. Now, more than ever, the people need a place to call safe. Keep strong, Jakob.

That "soldier" had to be the worst immitation of a peacekeeper I've ever seen. Even for a warrior. Especially when in unfamilliar territory, never attack first. He had no right to do what he did.

In a way, I'm glad the Sons stepped in. Daily oppression by people like that can only go on so long.

Great chapter, as always. Sorry I couldn't read it sooner, there's been some stuff.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

NinjaWithAStick
Merchant

#267 Post by NinjaWithAStick »

This plot is so thick that I couldn't cut it with a light saber. I can't wait for more OwO
And that's just my walking stick...

Jonesy
Templar Master

#268 Post by Jonesy »

Only two replies this time? You're breaking my heart, guys. (;_;)

anonfox123
Grand Templar

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 26) [Mature Content]

#269 Post by anonfox123 »

Wait, so did that meeting with all those important pricks happen for real or no? The way its written makes it seem like Jakob is tripping balls after getting hit in the head maybe.

But then again maybe not? Sometimes I read too fast.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Jonesy
Templar Master

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 26) [Mature Content]

#270 Post by Jonesy »

anonfox123 wrote:Wait, so did that meeting with all those important pricks happen for real or no? The way its written makes it seem like Jakob is tripping balls after getting hit in the head maybe.

But then again maybe not? Sometimes I read too fast.
It did happen. He was suffering from concussion and collapsed in the middle of it.