Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 32) [Mature Content]

#346 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

I actually don't usually read "smutfics", not out of distaste or anything, it's just not the sort of thing I usually look for.
But once my curiosity did get the better of me and I followed your signature amenon and read Entertaining Possibilities.
It was... an interesting read :)

amenon
Grand Templar

#347 Post by amenon »

backonninja wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:58 pm Actually, I have been on both of yours. I have to say, your stories are great! However, Two of a Kind nearly made me cry. I don't like to think about that time, no matter how inevitable it may be. I'm starting to feel sad just thinking about it.
Thank you for reading! I hope that you did not think me unfair, and that the experience was ultimately positive.

backonninja wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:58 pmH&L isn't a 'smutwork' , at least not like DfO or TL (some of Amenon's works), and never should be.
A point of correction: DfO is avwolf's. Mine is, in many ways, but a humble tribute.

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:32 am I actually don't usually read "smutfics", not out of distaste or anything, it's just not the sort of thing I usually look for.
But once my curiosity did get the better of me and I followed your signature amenon and read Entertaining Possibilities.
It was... an interesting read :)
Ah, this has been a point of curiosity for me! I remember that you commented in the thread after EP was released, and I've been wondering if you ever read the continuation. Might I humbly suggest that you give it a go? It's rather more interesting still. Why, just above you have a testimonial that it nearly made someone cry! (Though, if you should not value the potential for tears, it might be wise to skip Two of a Kind and go straight to Full House.)

I thank you both very much for speaking up, but this is Jonesy's thread. I don't feel too bad about hijacking it for a bit, since I'm currently doing some work for him at his request, but ultimately this isn't the place to discuss my stories. So if either of you -- or anyone else! -- wants to continue in this vein, my thread is over yonder [NSFW]. I welcome all comments, reactions, feedback, and survey poll answers. And I'm currently working on finishing the -- hopefully! -- last stories I'm going to write, so hearing from readers is even more valuable than normally! (PMs also welcome.)

But before I get off the podium... since I am here, it would be very convenient if I could say that Jonesy likes my stories. Alas, I think the fairest way I can characterize his reaction would be 'unimpressed.' Still, he does value my opinion when it comes to H&L, and that should in itself be something of a recommendation, yes? So if you enjoy H&L -- and why would you be here if you didn't? -- and are of legal age, perhaps you might consider checking my stuff out. It's probably not quite what you'd think :)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#348 Post by Warrl »

My opinion of smutfics in general is that every part of a story should advance at least one, and preferably two, of character definition, setting definition, or plot, and explicit sex scenes rarely advance even one of those things. So, out of those smutfics that are not pure smut (i.e. they actually try to have relatable characters and a plot - quite a lot of smutfic doesn't), 90%+ would be better without the smut, and the remainder would - with exceptions rarer than hen's teeth - be better with a lot less of it.

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#349 Post by Jonesy »

Just a quick update. I've been re-writing the second half of the chapter, as I'm not satisfied with the way it turned out based on amenon's reaction. Progress has been a bit slow going, not helped along by Witcher 3 writer's block, but the new version's starting to take shape. Don't know how long it'll take, though.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#350 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

all good :)

backonninja
Citizen

#351 Post by backonninja »

Gah!!! :x (;_;)
You tricked me! I thought this was the next chapter. *angrily waves a cane at you*

By all means, take your time. It's your story, and only you can make it perfect. Keep up the good work. :)

darksky

#352 Post by darksky »

This has been a really good read so far! Initially, I wandered over to the fiction section of the forum because as much as I love Twokinds, this forum just isn't very exciting as a whole (sorry :p) and I was looking for something to do.

And I got hooked on this story pretty quickly! Jakob and Zyanya are both very compelling characters. At first Jakob seemed just a tad flat, but wow did that change! Now we've seen him get angry (and justifiably so), do a lot of good for those around him, and fall in love. Not only are your characters very real, almost all of them are likeable. Elizabeth's change of heart, for example, was very touching. Also your story doesn't have the antagonists as some sort of obscure force of pure evil that must be destroyed, but rather as real, flesh and blood people who simply do not have a full understanding of what's going on. Or are just really, really prejudiced.

Oh, and the forbidden love is really well done, too. Jakob and Zyanya are just perfect for each other. But there is so much tension if others find out, and they might have to have cover marriages...I wonder if Jakob will end up confessing to Daniel the full truth at some point. Regardless of what happens, it should be interesting to see.

Anyway, I'm rambling. This is a good read you've got here, Jonesy. If this was a published book I'd definitely buy it. I'll stick around and see what happens next! ^^

Jonesy
Templar Master

#353 Post by Jonesy »

darksky wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:03 am This has been a really good read so far! Initially, I wandered over to the fiction section of the forum because as much as I love Twokinds, this forum just isn't very exciting as a whole (sorry :p) and I was looking for something to do.

And I got hooked on this story pretty quickly! Jakob and Zyanya are both very compelling characters. At first Jakob seemed just a tad flat, but wow did that change! Now we've seen him get angry (and justifiably so), do a lot of good for those around him, and fall in love. Not only are your characters very real, almost all of them are likeable. Elizabeth's change of heart, for example, was very touching. Also your story doesn't have the antagonists as some sort of obscure force of pure evil that must be destroyed, but rather as real, flesh and blood people who simply do not have a full understanding of what's going on. Or are just really, really prejudiced.

Oh, and the forbidden love is really well done, too. Jakob and Zyanya are just perfect for each other. But there is so much tension if others find out, and they might have to have cover marriages...I wonder if Jakob will end up confessing to Daniel the full truth at some point. Regardless of what happens, it should be interesting to see.

Anyway, I'm rambling. This is a good read you've got here, Jonesy. If this was a published book I'd definitely buy it. I'll stick around and see what happens next! ^^
Hello there! It's great to hear you've enjoyed the story so much. Always means a lot to me to hear from new readers.

Admittedly, the next chapter has taken a long time, and it's gone through a couple of iterations. But it's starting to take shape in a way that I'm satisfied with, and should hopefully live up to expectations.

backonninja
Citizen

#354 Post by backonninja »

Jonesy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:39 am Admittedly, the next chapter has taken a long time, and it's gone through a couple of iterations. But it's starting to take shape in a way that I'm satisfied with, and should hopefully live up to expectations.
Of course it's going to live up to expectations! You're one of the few people that delivers upon the expectation of perfection and excellence. (I don't know how to word that properly. HELP!) :heart: :heart: :heart:

Jonesy
Templar Master

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 33) [Mature Content]

#355 Post by Jonesy »

Sorry about the delay, but chapter 33 is finally complete!

And, as an added bonus, I won a competition hosted by the forum's own (User reference removed at user request - Turaiel), and he was kind enough to make a H&L theme song!

(Link removed at user request -Turaiel)

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#356 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

What an exciting chapter :D

Just one problem.
Franklyn says "Jakob is right; you’re going to run out of food sooner or later"
But Jakob said that in the lupusad language:
“<You can’t be growing enough food here to last forever,>” Jakob replied.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#357 Post by Jonesy »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:08 pm What an exciting chapter :D

Just one problem.
Franklyn says "Jakob is right; you’re going to run out of food sooner or later"
Typical. Spend so long on it, and the little things still slip through the cracks.

backonninja
Citizen

#358 Post by backonninja »

*whispers* Don't forget, Jonsey, there's always an edit button!
You didn't make a mistake. There's no proof!
AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:08 pm Franklyn says "Jakob is right; you’re going to run out of food sooner or later"

Jonesy
Templar Master

#359 Post by Jonesy »

backonninja wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:22 am *whispers* Don't forget, Jonsey, there's always an edit button!
You didn't make a mistake. There's no proof!
AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:08 pm Franklyn says "Jakob is right; you’re going to run out of food sooner or later"
Already corrected it, actually.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#360 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Awesome :)

But yeah, thanks for posting the chapter! :D