Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 22) [Mature Content]

#241 Post by Jonesy »

amenon wrote:
Jonesy wrote:I was beginning to wonder if anybody noticed. :wink:
I was originally going to say something about shipping them, but... no. This isn't even a ship, they're totally a thing :P Do you think he'll be introduced earlier if you rewrite?

Oh, and, somewhat paradoxically, I like that Halil is pretty racist toward the lupusad. I don't have the story in active memory, so I can't remember if it's been an issue, but the good guy / bad guy divide shouldn't be too pat. And I'd think that sooner or later someone is going to have to figure out how to be pro-lupusad and pro-human at the same time.
I don't think I'll be introducing him earlier, no. Might mention him, but won't have him crop up until now.

Also, I haven't really explored it outside of the (vastly outdated and largely redundant) lore document, but Mironorans are generally xenophobic. It must say a lot if Halil is one of the more progressive ones since he's moved to Albevion and is alright with the local humans. But lupusad... not so much.
amenon wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Man, I really messed up quite a few parts on this one. Hopefully, once I'm done with university, I'll be able to focus on it a bit more.
If you want to catch typos, read it out loud. It takes a good bit of time, but it works really well for most people, myself included. And you can find some other types of problems that way, too. There's something about doing it that forces the text to go all the way through language processing.

Oh, and thanks for the chapter, of course! 10k words, too. That's novelette-sized in itself, and I think you're nearing... about 400 pages if this were a paperback? This is going to be too big for traditional publishing :P
I'll have to remember that. Might get time-consuming if I keep doing long chapters, but it's worth a try.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#242 Post by Warrl »

Jonesy wrote:
amenon wrote:Oh, and thanks for the chapter, of course! 10k words, too. That's novelette-sized in itself, and I think you're nearing... about 400 pages if this were a paperback? This is going to be too big for traditional publishing :P
I'll have to remember that. Might get time-consuming if I keep doing long chapters, but it's worth a try.
According to ebook-publishing site Smashwords, being long is pretty much the opposite of a problem... if, of course, the story is well-written.

amenon
Grand Templar

#243 Post by amenon »

Warrl wrote:
amenon wrote:Oh, and thanks for the chapter, of course! 10k words, too. That's novelette-sized in itself, and I think you're nearing... about 400 pages if this were a paperback? This is going to be too big for traditional publishing :P
According to ebook-publishing site Smashwords, being long is pretty much the opposite of a problem... if, of course, the story is well-written.
I did specifically say 'traditional publishing' :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

dragonfriend7738

#244 Post by dragonfriend7738 »

I just finished catching up to the current chapter, and I have to admit that I'm in love with the story. Thank you for sharing it, and I'm eagerly looking forward to future installations.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#245 Post by Jonesy »

dragonfriend7738 wrote:I just finished catching up to the current chapter, and I have to admit that I'm in love with the story. Thank you for sharing it, and I'm eagerly looking forward to future installations.
Glad you're enjoying it! And you're just in time, too; the next chapter's being proofread and should be up within a week or so, depending on how busy my proofreaders are.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#246 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 23) [Mature Content]

#247 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

awesome, as usual! :D

Also:
"A bowl was filled with… something, and Kasa tenderly lifted it to Nituna’s lips for her to drink from it, before she did the same to him."
*Rakai ?

Jonesy
Templar Master

#248 Post by Jonesy »

AndreRhineDavis wrote:awesome, as usual! :D

Also:
"A bowl was filled with… something, and Kasa tenderly lifted it to Nituna’s lips for her to drink from it, before she did the same to him."
*Rakai ?
I accidentally created a new ship; Kasuna.

amenon
Grand Templar

#249 Post by amenon »

Hmm... so is that rhetoric, or does the act literally not apply?

Smooth move, Kasa. Smooth move. Probably clued Daniel in, though. Still, Good End marches forward! Seems odd that there's no scene of Jakob and Zyanya discussing it afterwards... but maybe there isn't that much to say? I guess nobody's thinking long-term yet.

Also, 'figurative wolf-whistle'. Hee :grin:
Spoiler!
I’m sure you have some you have some very important details to share.

“No, they’ve known around Jakob since their time at the shelter.

“That can’t be right. Can’t it?”

Jonesy
Templar Master

#250 Post by Jonesy »

amenon wrote:Hmm... so is that rhetoric, or does the act literally not apply?
Literally. It specifies human children specifically, thus creating the loophole.
amenon wrote:Smooth move, Kasa. Smooth move. Probably clued Daniel in, though.
Note that they were speaking in their language at the time, so anything Daniel overheard he wouldn't be able to understand.
amenon wrote:Good End marches forward!
We're heading into the final act now. Wanted to tie up some loose ends first.
amenon wrote:
Spoiler!
I’m sure you have some you have some very important details to share.

“No, they’ve known around Jakob since their time at the shelter.

“That can’t be right. Can’t it?”
Ah, thanks for that.

amenon
Grand Templar

#251 Post by amenon »

Jonesy wrote:Note that they were speaking in their language at the time, so anything Daniel overheard he wouldn't be able to understand.
Sure, except for the honeybuns bit and the general tone. I just think Daniel is canny in these matters, is all :P

Thanks for writing, as always!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#252 Post by Bellhead »

That was a wonderful way to start the week! It's so nice that Rakai and Nituna are happy together. The gift from Gregory sure won't go unused, I'm sure.

"a bit of fun beneath the sheets", eh? Sounds like somebody's going to sleep pretty well tonight. :wink:

I think I'm going to have to reread this again sometime. It's just that good. Any plans for making a print copy?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#253 Post by Jonesy »

Bellhead wrote:That was a wonderful way to start the week! It's so nice that Rakai and Nituna are happy together. The gift from Gregory sure won't go unused, I'm sure.

"a bit of fun beneath the sheets", eh? Sounds like somebody's going to sleep pretty well tonight. :wink:

I think I'm going to have to reread this again sometime. It's just that good. Any plans for making a print copy?
Once the story's finished, I'd like to try and redo some of the earlier parts. At that point I may well look into getting it published, but I don't know how it would go if I've already got it available for free on several sites.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#254 Post by FrogSteaks »

Here's hoping that Jakob and all the rest can finally do away with all the horrible acts going on with the Tholmes'. Hell if I was at that meeting, I would've happily signed that petition as well.

And of course, I wish for all the best for the new couple. After what they both have been through, they definitely deserve happiness.
Jonesy wrote:Once the story's finished, I'd like to try and redo some of the earlier parts. At that point I may well look into getting it published, but I don't know how it would go if I've already got it available for free on several sites.
If you do put this story to print, you can definitely put me down as a buyer.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#255 Post by Bellhead »

FrogSteaks wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Once the story's finished, I'd like to try and redo some of the earlier parts. At that point I may well look into getting it published, but I don't know how it would go if I've already got it available for free on several sites.
If you do put this story to print, you can definitely put me down as a buyer.
Same here. Even if it is for free, there is still something to be said for a hard copy of a book.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.