Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves

#16 Post by Jonesy »

red.wolf wrote:This story has a great build to it with nearly 0 noticed inconsistent parts. Are you writing as you go or do you have a pre-written guide that you work from?
A bit of both. I have a mental guide of the setting, characters and where I want the story to go (including some full scenes), which varies in concreteness. Some of these (namely the lore and some of the major characters) I've been writing down. Smaller elements, like minor events and some descriptions, I come up with as I go. Overall, the direction I've been taking the story has evolved quite a bit and is much more solid than when I wrote the first chapter.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#17 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

red.wolf
Merchant

#18 Post by red.wolf »

This is by far the most professional story I have read on these forums. It reads like a novel you would pick up from the library by a big name author. Giving examples would take forever but this story really blows me away.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#19 Post by anonfox123 »

AAAAHH, just read this on the CF forums, it's good enough that I want to write fanfiction for it. (I'll PM you my ideas, if you want) What kind of tech-level is this world at? Doesn't sound like there are any personal guns yet, maybe only cannons because of the powder-keg metaphor from that last chapter.

Wish there were drawings for this...
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#20 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

anonfox123 wrote:AAAAHH, just read this on the CF forums, it's good enough that I want to write fanfiction for it. (I'll PM you my ideas, if you want) What kind of tech-level is this world at? Doesn't sound like there are any personal guns yet, maybe only cannons because of the powder-keg metaphor from that last chapter.

There very well will be. I promise.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

red.wolf
Merchant

#21 Post by red.wolf »

Art always sounds good. Some updates and knowing really what a lupisad (spelling bad) looks like.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#22 Post by Jonesy »

General update; Chapter 6 is finished and getting proof-read. Also got a lore document essentially ready to post as well.
anonfox123 wrote:AAAAHH, just read this on the CF forums, it's good enough that I want to write fanfiction for it. (I'll PM you my ideas, if you want) What kind of tech-level is this world at? Doesn't sound like there are any personal guns yet, maybe only cannons because of the powder-keg metaphor from that last chapter.

It's at a Victorian- or Edwardian-era level in terms of steampunk. There are personal guns in the form of flintlocks, but swords and the like are still commonplace. Steam power is becoming commonplace, but electricity is new and not widely used outside of some expensive forms of lighting and heating.

I did request a piece of art on the Chucklefish forum, and someone is apparently making it. But I haven't heard back since, so I may need to find someone else. People can always submit something to me, as well.

And I would be genuinely interested to hear your fanfic idea. I'm humbled by the fact that you'd even consider writing some.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#23 Post by anonfox123 »

I put the idea in a convo on CF forums. (Gawd it's weird talking to people in two places at once. You would rather I PM'd here or there?)
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Jonesy
Templar Master

#24 Post by Jonesy »

anonfox123 wrote:I put the idea in a convo on CF forums. (Gawd it's weird talking to people in two places at once. You would rather I PM'd here or there?)
Chucklefish forums are fine. I spend more time on there, anyway.

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#25 Post by Bachaddict »

Zyanya reminds me of Florence from Freefall. The stories also have features in common.
|This box is too sm|

Jonesy
Templar Master

#26 Post by Jonesy »

Bachaddict wrote:Zyanya reminds me of Florence from Freefall. The stories also have features in common.
I haven't read it, admittedly. Looking over the plot outline on WikiFur, I can kind of see what you mean. But there seems to be a very big difference in motivation. Sam basically took Florence's contract illegally for his own gain, whereas Jakob took Zyanya in out of sympathy. Admittedly, though, the legality could still be debated since Zyanya is essentially undocumented.

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#27 Post by Bachaddict »

Jonesy wrote: I haven't read it, admittedly. Looking over the plot outline on WikiFur, I can kind of see what you mean. But there seems to be a very big difference in motivation. Sam basically took Florence's contract illegally for his own gain, whereas Jakob took Zyanya in out of sympathy. Admittedly, though, the legality could still be debated since Zyanya is essentially undocumented.

It's worth reading! Like Zyanya is helping her own people, Florence works for fellow artificial intelligences. They also both explore the issues around interspecies romance.
|This box is too sm|

Jonesy
Templar Master

#28 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

Jonesy
Templar Master

#29 Post by Jonesy »

red.wolf
Merchant

#30 Post by red.wolf »

Really hoping this isnt a dead story.