Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Phaing
Master

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 19) [Mature Content]

#196 Post by Phaing »

Jonesy wrote:
Bellhead wrote:...
Edit: Got a reply, and the whole thing is fine to post here, with the right warnings. Sorry for the worry, everyone.
Its all good, we're with you to the end.

And I kinda figured it would be fine for posting here, you don't do any distasteful writing and that really the whole issue. If it's not, then it should be.
You are the one I want to tell "don't worry" to. You are writing about a Victorian Era, not living in one. :mrgreen:
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#197 Post by Jonesy »

Phaing wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
Bellhead wrote:...
Edit: Got a reply, and the whole thing is fine to post here, with the right warnings. Sorry for the worry, everyone.
Its all good, we're with you to the end.

And I kinda figured it would be fine for posting here, you don't do any distasteful writing and that really the whole issue. If it's not, then it should be.
You are the one I want to tell "don't worry" to. You are writing about a Victorian Era, not living in one. :mrgreen:
Yes, well the snippet in the PM didn't even trigger the offensive language filter. I guess some good authors still use better words instead of four letter words writing prose.

Besides, I'm probably too used to the Chucklefish forums, where we're typically stricter with these things. More slashfics here than we get over there.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#198 Post by Jonesy »

itshappening.gif

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

[Author's Note: This chapter is too long for one post. The rest can be found below.]

Jonesy
Templar Master

#199 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 20) [Mature Content]

#200 Post by Bellhead »

Spent so long reading that I got logged out. :P Really loving the long chapters, though.

Jessamine and Jakob, eh? So many ways this could go. It's a pretty nifty idea with quite the chance to sway some opinions, I'll give it that.

Very nicely done with the.. intimacy, it felt genuine and natural. Based on what was spoilered, my two cents would agree with your NSFW warning, but it's not nearly as vulgar as it could have been. Spoiler was a safe bet.

Can't really blame them for the morning after, either. :wink:

As usual, MOAR. I wanna see Elizabeth Dunard faint from a healthy dose of reality. :twisted:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#201 Post by FrogSteaks »

That was awesome! You did a great job on the bedroom scene. One could tell even without reading the rest of the story that this was their first time, but hey, they made it work. Twice. :wink:

I seriously hope Elizabeth comes to her senses when she sees what conditions are really like for the Lupusad. Something tells me that might not be the case, though. :roll: Here's hoping otherwise.

Took me over an hour to read everything, btw. Totally worth it.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#202 Post by Dadrobit »

Good times in the H&L thread. :mrgrin:

I was guessing, (and hoping) you'd get Jess and Jakob together, happy to see it pan out like it did.

Also,
Jonesy wrote:
[Author's Note: NSFW content ahead. Skip the spoiler contents if you don't wish to view it.]

Oh my sweet summer child. :mrgrin:

It was quite an adorable scene. Fun update all around.

red.wolf
Merchant

#203 Post by red.wolf »

Here i was worried you might hurt the story with smut. I was wrong, you approached the matter in a way that didnt really dirty the story up but still got the point through that it happened.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

Jonesy
Templar Master

#204 Post by Jonesy »

red.wolf wrote:Here i was worried you might hurt the story with smut. I was wrong, you approached the matter in a way that didnt really dirty the story up but still got the point through that it happened.
Believe me, I was absolutely terrified writing that scene, so I wouldn't have had it in me. For the longest time, they were either not going to have sex at all, or I would have ended the scene way earlier. I decided to go with a middle ground; it's simply part of their relationship's progression, and can be done in a way that doesn't smutify the story.

Although that might have actually roped me some readership on FA before I gave up on it. S:P

stumblinbear
Apprentice

#205 Post by stumblinbear »

Me before:

Me after:
Spoiler!
No, but seriously, great chapter! x3

I'd been waiting 2 years for this moment and it was totally worth it. I really liked the way you did that scene, not too lewd by any means :u

iwonderwherethestorygoesfromhere:v
ImageImageImageImage

Phaing
Master

#206 Post by Phaing »

Jonesy wrote: Believe me, I was absolutely terrified writing that scene,...
And now you know better :wink:

IMHO, it was the relationship working up to that scene, making it believable and something the readers wanted to see, that was the real challenge . You met it admirably and have nothing to worry about from here on in.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Jonesy
Templar Master

#207 Post by Jonesy »

It's been about half a year since I've done this, but I'm going to try and get back into the Ask the Cast segment, since the chapters have been long lately. I'd like to use this to cover character perspectives that aren't necessarily the focus of the story, or that I've not got around to properly covering yet. Otherwise, they're running the risk of just stating the same thing as what's in the story.
Ask the Cast Issue #4 - 09 / 02/ 2016
Jonesy: “Hello, and welcome to the latest issue of ask the cast! I know it’s been a while, but I thought it’d be a good idea to dust it off, and get back into the habit. Tonight, we’re here to chat with our favourite little scamps, Elaiel and Enukr!”

Enukr: “Hi!”

Elaiel: “How do you do?”

Jonesy: “I’m well, thank you. Tonight’s question is from FrogSteaks; what do you think about Zyanya and the Kingsleys taking you in and giving you a proper place to call home?”

Elaiel: “They’re family now, I guess. Zy’s going to be our mother, and Jakob our godfather. And the estate’s the best place to live, ever.”

Enukr: “Yeah. They care about us. Now, we don’t have to worry about food, or finding a place to sleep. It’s all just there, y’know?”

Jonesy: “I do. So, it doesn’t matter that they’re not related to you?”

*Elaiel shakes his head*

Elaiel: “Family’s people who care about you. Doesn’t matter if you’re related.”

Enukr: “Or human.”

Jonesy: “So, Jakob being a human doesn’t matter?”

Enukr: “He’s… different to others. They’re usually really mean, but he’s as nice as Zyanya. And not just to us, but all lupusad.”

Elaiel: “Yeah. He has the shelter, and looks out for Taima and the others. Nobody’s ever done that. Not a human.”

Jonesy: “Then, do you think other humans could be like him?”

Enukr: “Some, maybe. Richard’s our friend. Jessamine and Daniel are alright, too.”

Elaiel: “Wish there were more like him.”

Enukr: “He and Jessamine are in love. They’re going to have cubs one day.”

Elaiel: “Hope so. Can’t wait to play with them.”

Jonesy: “We’ll see what happens. But back to Richard, for a moment; when you first met, how did you get along? Was he very different from you?”

Enukr: “He was, yeah. So neat, and smart, too. But he wanted to be our friend, and play with us.”

Elaiel: “Just wished he hadn’t kept asking about our family.”

Jonesy: “Well, I won’t ask after it, then. But one day, you might want to tell Jakob and Zyanya.”

Enukr: “Maybe. I trust them, but… still not something we tell people about.”

Jonesy: “Fair enough. Anyway, now that you’re at the estate, what do you hope to happen with Taima’s pack?”

Elaiel: “I want Jakob to let them move into the shelter. That way, they’ll always have food and beds, and don’t have to risk stealing or scavenging. Nothing can happen to them in there.”

Jonesy: “It would be the best place for them. So, overall, do you think things are looking up for you both and your friends.”

Enukr: “Uh-huh. Thing have never been better.”

Elaiel: “Yeah. Hope Jakob keeps helping people, and making things better for them as well. He’s great like that.”

Jonesy: “I’m sure it means a lot for him to hear that. But I’m afraid we’re out of time tonight. Thank you both very much for coming.”

Elaiel and Enukr: “You’re welcome!”

Jonesy: “In any case, the next chapter of H&L is in the works. It’s probably going to be another long one, but I’ll have to see how it shapes up first. I’ll update you if it will take a while. Until then, good night!”

Jonesy
Templar Master

#208 Post by Jonesy »

I've been playing around with Lego Digital Designer for the first time in years, and have made a scene of Jakob and Zyanya having a picnic while Elaiel and Enukr play nearby.

(Here's a link if the embed doesn't work: http://community.playstarbound.com/thre ... st-2780351 )

It'd be better if the wolf (Bothan?) heads had... you know... ACTUAL TEXTURES. But hey, it's something.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#209 Post by Bellhead »

Jonesy wrote:I've been playing around with Lego Digital Designer for the first time in years, and have made a scene of Jakob and Zyanya having a picnic while Elaiel and Enukr play nearby.
Yeah sorry, it says I need to be logged in to see more than the thumbnail.

Also, I used to mess around with LDD myself, a long time ago. I didn't think anyone else even knew about it. That thing was FUN! :D
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#210 Post by Jonesy »

Bellhead wrote:
Jonesy wrote:I've been playing around with Lego Digital Designer for the first time in years, and have made a scene of Jakob and Zyanya having a picnic while Elaiel and Enukr play nearby.
Yeah sorry, it says I need to be logged in to see more than the thumbnail.

Also, I used to mess around with LDD myself, a long time ago. I didn't think anyone else even knew about it. That thing was FUN! :D
I give up. Almost every attempt I've made to share an image on this site has been met with failure.

But yeah, I was into it quite a bit back in the day. I'm surprised that they only recently discontinued support, even though it's still available for download.