Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves

#121 Post by Bellhead »

Hey Jonesy, mind if I reference this for a paper I have in Gender Race and Crime? It fits what I need almost to a tee.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#122 Post by Jonesy »

Bellhead wrote:Hey Jonesy, mind if I reference this for a paper I have in Gender Race and Crime? It fits what I need almost to a tee.
I'd be honored, but I'd also advise caution. In my academic experience, references for assignments and such really ought to come from professional sources, namely other studies, papers or relevant information sources. Using a piece of fiction would best be used as an example you'd then apply your other findings (gathered from other sources) to.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#123 Post by Bellhead »

Jonesy wrote:
Bellhead wrote:Hey Jonesy, mind if I reference this for a paper I have in Gender Race and Crime? It fits what I need almost to a tee.
I'd be honored, but I'd also advise caution. In my academic experience, references for assignments and such really ought to come from professional sources, namely other studies, papers or relevant information sources. Using a piece of fiction would best be used as an example you'd then apply your other findings (gathered from other sources) to.
This is for, and I quote, a "reaction paper". I am to read/watch/listen to/attend something that relates to class, and write about it. H&L has racism, unfair justice, race-related riots and strike, uneven pay.. As far as the teacher is concerned, and I asked, this would be great.

Many thanks for your blessing.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#124 Post by Jonesy »

Bellhead wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
This is for, and I quote, a "reaction paper". I am to read/watch/listen to/attend something that relates to class, and write about it. H&L has racism, unfair justice, race-related riots and strike, uneven pay.. As far as the teacher is concerned, and I asked, this would be great.

Many thanks for your blessing.
Ah, OK then. Sounds fine. In fact, would you mind PMing me the paper when it's done? I'd love to see it.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#125 Post by Dadrobit »

Daaaaaaang...

So, there I was with a few hours to kill, (aka I was a quarter the way through the work day...) and I figured I'd gamble a read in here to pass some time. To say that I was pleasantly surprised would be a vast understatement.

I'll be honest in that I wasn't super impressed to start out when you were throwing out phrases like "little did she know..." and having those minor grammatical errors, but after just a bit more, I found myself dreading having to hit the next page button knowing that every time it took me closer to the end of the most recent update.

Perhaps one of my happiest takeaways from this is that you've avoided throwing in any useless love triangles to boot, (though you had me worried there a few times...) thank you so much for that!

So here I sit 3 hours from shift change and a month from the next update, eagerly awaiting both!

Sorry for any text weirdness, I'm typing this from a phone, will fix anything when I get home.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#126 Post by Jonesy »

Dadrobit wrote:Daaaaaaang...

So, there I was with a few hours to kill, (aka I was a quarter the way through the work day...) and I figured I'd gamble a read in here to pass some time. To say that I was pleasantly surprised would be a vast understatement.

I'll be honest in that I wasn't super impressed to start out when you were throwing out phrases like "little did she know..." and having those minor grammatical errors, but after just a bit more, I found myself dreading having to hit the next page button knowing that every time it took me closer to the end of the most recent update.

Perhaps one of my happiest takeaways from this is that you've avoided throwing in any useless love triangles to boot, (though you had me worried there a few times...) thank you so much for that!

So here I sit 3 hours from shift change and a month from the next update, eagerly awaiting both!

Sorry for any text weirdness, I'm typing this from a phone, will fix anything when I get home.
I'm glad you're enjoying it. Even I admit that my writing has come a long way from those flowery early chapters, as you can probably tell since I've done a MSTing of the first one. Once I'm finished the story, I'm thinking of going back to do some moderate re-writing to bring those early parts back to my current standards.

And despite all the possible ships I could do, I think the protagonists have enough to deal with without having to compete for affection. It'd be horribly cliched as well. Although, I know at least a couple of readers who'd like to see Isaakai become a thing...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#127 Post by Bellhead »

Jonesy wrote:anything at all
Gah! Curse you for making me think there was an update sooner than there was one! -Obligatory-

Isaakai, eh? Doesn't Rakai have enough to deal with just talking to Nituna? :P

stumblinbear
Apprentice

#128 Post by stumblinbear »

Jonesy wrote:I know at least a couple of readers who'd like to see Isaakai become a thing...
Me :vc
ImageImageImageImage

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#129 Post by FrogSteaks »

stumblinbear wrote:
Jonesy wrote:I know at least a couple of readers who'd like to see Isaakai become a thing...
Eh, I'll leave Issakai in the hands of fanfic writers. :P Like I said earlier, I'm more in to Rakai and Nituna. I hope to see them work things out. Also, I wonder if Iduel will find someone.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Jonesy
Templar Master

#130 Post by Jonesy »

stumblinbear wrote:
Yesh. :grin:
FrogSteaks wrote:
stumblinbear wrote:
Eh, I'll leave Issakai in the hands of fanfic writers. :P Like I said earlier, I'm more in to Rakai and Nituna. I hope to see them work things out. Also, I wonder if Iduel will find someone.
Yeah, Isaakai isn't going canon. As for Iduel, considering all he's been through and the state he's in, finding someone is probably pretty low on his list of priorities.

stumblinbear
Apprentice

#131 Post by stumblinbear »

Jonesy wrote: Isaakai isn't going canon.
;-;
ImageImageImageImage

Jonesy
Templar Master

#132 Post by Jonesy »

stumblinbear wrote:
;-;
You'll have to make a fanfiction to correct that mistake, won't you?

Also, I just realized that Jakob x Rakai would have the same name as a race from Slightly Damned; Jakai. Or at least, with a 'k' missing. Close enough.

stumblinbear
Apprentice

#133 Post by stumblinbear »

Jonesy wrote:
stumblinbear wrote:
;-;
You'll have to make a fanfiction to correct that mistake, won't you?

Also, I just realized that Jakob x Rakai would have the same name as a race from Slightly Damned; Jakai. Or at least, with a 'k' missing. Close enough.
Pffff, who do you think I am? Someone who writes? Pffff. okaymaybesometimes.
ImageImageImageImage

Jonesy
Templar Master

#134 Post by Jonesy »

Next chapter isn't too far away, and is being proof-read. In the meantime, I've done up an entry in the November Writing Contest.

https://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19243

red.wolf
Merchant

#135 Post by red.wolf »

Jonesy wrote:Next chapter isn't too far away, and is being proof-read. In the meantime, I've done up an entry in the November Writing Contest.

https://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19243
With your editorial process, do you use another person as an editor and if so is it purely proof reading or are creative changes made by the editor? Just a question of comperison to editing ive had done in the past.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction