Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves

#106 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

I was worried that Jessamine would be romantically interested in Jakob and be competition for Zyanya... I mean, Jakob isn't exactly sure how he feels about Zyanya, not to mention the social implications of them getting together, and now suddenly there's this human girl around his age who seems very pro-lupusad, a perfect match for Jakob. But I'm very glad how things turned out. I really look forward to Jakob and Zyanya having dinner with Jessamine and Kasa, that will be wonderful, having these two couples able to talk openly to each other about themselves. I wonder if the reason Jessamine wanted to examine the shelter was not only for her article, but also to meet Jakob himself, to see how he interacts around lupusad, to ask the locals in the shelter about Jakob and Zyanya, in order to work out whether it's safe to reveal her relationship with Kasa to him. They've probably been having it in secret for years, and all of a sudden they read about Jakob and Zyanya in the newspaper, and think "hey, could this be someone else who feels the same way too?". They just needed to suss him out and make sure he was as trustworthy and legit and tolerant of such a relationship as he seemed, then take the first step and reveal their own relationship to him, in the hope that he would feel comfortable enough to be honest with them too. Just my speculation over the situation. In any case, Jakob really needs to talk to someone about the whole situation between him and Zyanya and his confusion over what he should do, and it looks like he's finally found someone who he's able to talk with about the issue. (well, I reckon Daniel would have been tolerant and understanding if he had opened up to him, but it's clear that Jakob doesn't feel comfortable enough with Daniel to admit what's really going on. It also seems to me that Gregory would be understanding of Jakob's dilemma and wouldn't flip his [censored] or anything, but would more likely tell Jakob that nothing could ever come of it, that it would be social suicide to come out as *dating* a lupusad, and that he needs to just put it aside, tell Zyanya that they cannot be more than just friends, and start looking for a human girl to court. It makes me wonder just what exactly happened with Gregory and Rayen...)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#107 Post by Bellhead »

Why did I have to leave for a place without internet the day this updated? WHY?!

Great chapter to come back to, I must admit. Reopening shelter, meeting another interracial couple, and the slavers face justice. Closing the book on the slavers, and opening another between Zyanya, Jakob and the Shelter.

You've done it again, Jonesy.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

red.wolf
Merchant

#108 Post by red.wolf »

Time for all the hopeing that this story isnt dead.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#109 Post by Bellhead »

red.wolf wrote:Time for all the hopeing that this story isnt dead.
T'has not been but one moon. Have patience, for Jonesy shall return in good time.

He better, I wanna know what happens. :P
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#110 Post by Jonesy »

red.wolf wrote:Time for all the hopeing that this story isnt dead.
I live, as does the story. University has been far too busy this semester, but I'm more than two thirds of the way through the next chapter.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#111 Post by FrogSteaks »

Dammit guys, y'all had me going. :P
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Jonesy
Templar Master

#112 Post by Jonesy »

In the meantime, I've got a new piece of fanart from Vurrunna on the Chucklefish Forums. Look under the 'Fan Art' spoiler on the OP.

http://community.playstarbound.com/thre ... ves.77660/

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#113 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Jonesy wrote:In the meantime, I've got a new piece of fanart from Vurrunna on the Chucklefish Forums.

The image is on a site that requires you to sign in to see it :(

Jonesy
Templar Master

#114 Post by Jonesy »

AndreRhineDavis wrote:
Jonesy wrote:In the meantime, I've got a new piece of fanart from Vurrunna on the Chucklefish Forums.

The image is on a site that requires you to sign in to see it :(
Yeah, I give up on trying to link the image directly. Won't let me attach the file, and now it won't let me link it. I've replaced it with a link to the H&L thread on the Chucklefish Forums, where you can find the image under 'Fan Art' towards the bottom.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#115 Post by FrogSteaks »

Jonesy wrote:Yeah, I give up on trying to link the image directly. Won't let me attach the file, and now it won't let me link it. I've replaced it with a link to the H&L thread on the Chucklefish Forums, where you can find the image under 'Fan Art' towards the bottom.
*scrolls through fan art images* Wow, these are pretty ni- *sees Rakai and Isaac image* OHGODWHY!?!?

Jonesy
Templar Master

#116 Post by Jonesy »

FrogSteaks wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Yeah, I give up on trying to link the image directly. Won't let me attach the file, and now it won't let me link it. I've replaced it with a link to the H&L thread on the Chucklefish Forums, where you can find the image under 'Fan Art' towards the bottom.
*scrolls through fan art images* Wow, these are pretty ni- *sees Rakai and Isaac image* OHGODWHY!?!?
Isaakai does seems to be a thing now. Then again, I once heard someone on CF shipping Rakai and Franklyn Tholmes. In TV Tropes terms, that's 'Foe Yay' meets 'Ships that Pass in the Night'.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#117 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#118 Post by Bellhead »

So nice that Jacob found somebody to confide his feelings in.. He really needed that.

Zyanya's estrus comes in winter, eh? Winter with snow, when two hapless travelers may be stuck in, say, a homeless shelter for days with nothing to do? :wink: Oh how I wonder how they'll pass the season.

Gettin' juicy, this story. Nicely done.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#119 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

yay new chapter!!!!! :D

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#120 Post by FrogSteaks »

I noticed this story updated this morning before I went to work, but I didn't have time to read it until I got home. Needless to say, it was on my mind all day.

It was really cool hearing the backstory on the relationship between Kasa and Jessamine. I eagerly await what happens when they meet with Jakob and Zyanya.
Bellhead wrote:Zyanya's estrus comes in winter, eh? Winter with snow, when two hapless travelers may be stuck in, say, a homeless shelter for days with nothing to do? :wink: Oh how I wonder how they'll pass the season.
I wonder if they do the whole sock-hanging-on-the-doorknob thing. :P Seriously though, I'm sure we'll see this new detail creep back up in due time. I feel that this could be quite the predicament for the both of them.

Also, I ship Rakai and Nituna. Nikai? Hopefully they'll work everything out between them.

Beautifully done yet again, my friend.