Both Sides Tk fanfic- WARNING Violence, Language ect.

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bachaddict
Apprentice

Re: Both Sides Tk fanfic- WARNING Violence, Language ect.

#46 Post by Bachaddict »

Nice chapter. The story is worth continuing! :) This could do with more detail... and a good proofread. ;)
|This box is too sm|

red.wolf
Merchant

#47 Post by red.wolf »

1000 views on my story now, im pretty happy that people enjoy it enough to read it this much. Thanks for everyones support with fixing my writing in all ways.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

red.wolf
Merchant

#48 Post by red.wolf »

Chapter 20: The Academy
Ghost

“So explain again the whole wolf thing.” Raptor said as he manned the controls of the chopper.
      “Ok once again, there are active god like figures called The Masks. Since I’ve been a neutral assassin getting some attention, the mask of neutrality conveniently called Neutral decided to test me. It changed me into a wolf Keidran and, well that’s it. O, and remember its Keidran and not animal people, don’t want you running around offending people.” Ghost answered with a light laugh at the end.
      “Ok so let me get this straight, were in a time of swords and magic and animal people….”
      “Keidran.”
      “Yea those, and were flying around in a helicopter. To add to all this there is a massive war going on and were our own third party side in it so we have to fight both sides.” Raptor stated with confusion in his voice.
      “Ok, get ready for this one because this is where it gets a little more difficult to understand. No, we do not fight both sides, but we happen to be in direct engagements with a radical human group called the Templars. At the moment the Templars hold a lot of power over the human population. With luck we can get the human and Templar army’s to fight each other and well take the side of the standard humans. The Keidran on the other hand have a tendency to stay out of our way. We haven’t had to fight a military force of any kind but have killed a large number of Keidran bandits. The Templars ae pushing the Keidran hard enough that a lot are moving to drastic acts to survive but it’s still no excuse for murdering others for what they have.” Ghost answered to the best of his ability.
      “So you guys did all this in the matter of three days?” Raptor asked yet another question.
      “Three days? We’ve been here for well over a year.” Char said from his position.
      “We lost radio contact with you guys three days ago. SF teams got sent in to recon for you guys but nothing turned up. I pulled some strings to get one last fly over, and as you can see, it cost my entire crew their lives.” Raptor replied with a much more somber tone.
      “The village is coming up in about half a mile; put her down on the far side.” Ghost said as he pointed out the window at the village.
      Raptor brought the bird over the village as the rest of the crew waved at the people below. The sound of the rotors brought most of the villagers out of their homes just to have them be stunned at the sight of the otherworldly flying machine. Raptor brought the bird in easy as Ghost yelled in the back for those that were sitting out the door to get their legs up. With a soft thud the bird touched down and the engine was shut off and the rotors sputtered slowly to the stop after a few moments. The crew disembarked; Char, Ghost, Chloe and Audrey began to walk towards the village gate as Trace, Zen, Natani, Zen and Keith walked around the side of the village with Flora quickly joining them. With simple waves of goodbye, the Lynn K’noll group began their journey home.
      “I should know better than to question the strange things and people you bring home with you, so I’ll just assume that that will be a tool to use later. I’m General Thorn, and you are?” The General said as he approached the group and extended his hand to the new arrival.
      “We’ll since these two are going by their old call signs, I’ll do the same. You can call me Raptor.” Raptor said as he shook the Generals hand.
      “We’ll It’s nice to meet you, and I expect a full debriefing on your mission soon, but there’s other news for you. We got a letter from the human military, not the Templars. The runner said it was time sensitive and for your hands only Ghost.” Thorn said as he retrieved the letter from his back pocket.
      Ghost opened the letter and read the top line,
      “Event date (2 months from current date)”
      “Time sensitive my [censored], O well, got stuff that needs to be done here anyway” Ghost said as he stuffed the letter with the human legion seal on its front into his pocket.
      “Well the assassin trainees have been on hold until your arrival, I can send word for them to meet you at the academy.” Thorn offered as Ghost began to step away.
      “Yes, do that. I have to stop at the tailor first though; I was told she had something for me to pick up.” Ghost replied as he continued to walk away on his trip to the tailor.
      The walk through town did not seem out of the ordinary other than the occasional thank you or congratulations from the successful attack on the monster in human lands. The population of the village had increased a bit due to human refugees learning to live with the Keidran and deciding to stay. The tailors shop had the door propped open so Ghost saw himself in.
      “O, Ghost, It’s great to see you again! I had enough faith that you would come back from whatever you had to kill no matter how difficult so I decided to make a reward for your return. It’s taken quite a while to finish but I think it came out perfect, wait here.” The tailor said as she happily skipped into the back room.
      “Riya, you really didn’t have to reward me for this, I wasn’t alone and I don’t fight for rewards but I am really thankful for the thought and …… wow.” Ghost stopped as he gazed upon the gift the tailor had made.
      “Do you like it?” Riya asked.
      “That’s incredible, I really can’t believe it.” Ghost said in shock as he looked over the high quality formal hooded robes. The robes were partially built around leather pants and vest much like his current gear but with bright white sleeves and hood. Draping on the side of the right should was arm cape with a large logo in black on it. Some of the edges were trimmed in gold.
      “I wasn’t sure what the symbol of neutrality would look like but I think I made up a good one.” Riya bragged as Ghost slipped into his new fancy get up.
      “Now, it’s not exactly stealthy but it puts on a good show if you have to be in a more formal setting or teaching at your new academy.” Riya added.
      “Speaking of which, I need to get to the academy to start training our soon to be assassins but I will return this favor as soon as I can.” Ghost said as he gathered his gear.
      “I think I might have a few ways you can repay me but we’ll talk later, good luck.” Riya said with a wink.
      Ghost rushed to the academy for the first time sense it had been built. Coming up to the front Ghost saw how well made it was. The building backed into the side of the village where Ghost planned to conduct much of the physical training. Once Ghost was inside he saw the thirty or so trainees grouped together carrying on conversations.
      “Get yourselves in the best formation you know in front of me now!” Ghost yelled as the panicked trainees bolted to the best defensive formation they had learned in their times as guards or other jobs.
      “First thing, I’m going to offer you all is a chance to leave. This will be hell for all of you and I will make damn sure nobody here gets off easy. I will break you all and reform you as I see fit. If you want out, leave, but if you think you can half [censored] any of my training, I will ruin you. This is your chance to back out.” Ghost yelled again.
      All of the trainees held their ground in the formation but fear filled their faces.
      “I’m impressed you all stayed, but I can promise that not all of you will be here tomorrow. First thing, you will all be referred to as cadets. Second, you will address me as sir at all times. This is the first part of formalities that I will teach you and may the mask help you if you [censored] that up. Now with that said, let’s get to work; this is going to be fun for me but not for you.”

I'm going to give Tom some time to have a symbol of neutrality show up in the comic before I attempt to make one of my own for Stone Haven but with luck I might be able to make one and post it at some point.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#49 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

I only readed some sentences, Worth a continue
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

red.wolf
Merchant

#50 Post by red.wolf »

I would recommend continuing and i hope you like it.

red.wolf
Merchant

#51 Post by red.wolf »

The delays suck, hope to get the next chapter out quite a bit quicker. Been rather busy, but I did take the time to look up whats considered a novel length story. Apparently 40,000+ words counts as a novel and I'm at 37.5k. Random fun fact there, thought It was cool that I've almost reached that number.

Chapter 22: How to Deal With Competition
Ghost

“Have I ever cared about the rain? Get out there and run the hill! Nothing changes cadets; weather does not determine what we do; only I determine that!” Ghost yelled as the cadets quickly ran out the door of the academy to do their daily two mile run up the steep trails going up the rocky hills on the side of the valley.
      A mere week had passed since Ghost had begun to train the future elite of Stone Haven. The week was mostly spent on trying to weed out the weak and hopeless. The original thirty cadets had been slimmed down to twenty-two but from Ghost could see, these remaining cadets stood a chance. Ghost had the training set up to finished after only three weeks but followed by a much more relaxed training to build actual assassins out of the fighters he was making.
      “Sir, you’re not looking too well, is there anything I can do.” Mike, one of the better cadets asked.
      “Yea, I think for my own sake I’ll sit this one out. You’re in charge of PT for the day but remember this is testing you so don’t give anyone a brake. I might be down but I will be watching you.” Ghost said with sternness in his voice.
      Mike popped into attention and saluted his officer. With a returned motion from Ghost, Mike took off to lead PT.
      “God, I’m getting sick.” Ghost said as he sat down and pulled out his phone. “Char, come up to the academy, I need your help. Alright see you soon.”
      Ghost slid down the wall to a sitting position and threw his head into his lap. Whatever illness was overtaking him was making him suffer and it showed openly. Some time passed before the door opened and Char walked in. As soon as he walked in he saw Ghost on the ground and ran over to him.
      “[censored] man, you gonna make it?” Char asked as he lifted Ghost to him feet. “Chloe get in here and help me!” Char yelled as Chloe rushed in the door.
      “Char, I need you to take over training the cadets, just PT the hell out of them, I’m sure Chloe can handle dealing with me.” Ghost said.
      “Rodger, can’t promise all your cadets will stay once they go through my PT.” Char said light heartedly as he shifted Ghost’s weight over to Chloe.
      “I wanted to say it’s good to see you after a week of missing you, but you really aren’t in the shape I remember.” Chloe said as she helped Ghost to his room at the academy.
      “Don’t worry, I’m sick but I’m not going soft on you; still the same fighter you remember.” Ghost said weakly.
      “I know you are but right now we need to lay you down and get you some warm food. I know you eat with your cadets, but that cold ration food isn’t good for a sick man.” Chloe said as she laid Ghost in his bed.
      “You know I missed you Chloe, we haven’t been together long and I’ve been so busy it’s as if I’m ignoring you.” Ghost whispered with what energy he had left.
      “I don’t blame you; you’re a very important person here with a lot of jobs that need to be done. I missed you a lot and wish we had more time together, but I know I have to wait. The good thing about you being sick though is that you’re all mine until you get better. “Chloe whispered in Ghost ear with a soft smile on her face.
      “Well I’m not in good enough shape to take you out and show you how much I care, but I am here so time together is what we have.” Ghost whispered as his eyes slowly shut.
      “Well for now it looks like I’m alone again because you’re out like a light and I don’t even know why I’m saying this to you but sleep well, I love you.”
~~

“Why can I see your face, I thought I said low crawl!” The roar from Char could be heard from the window in Ghost’s room at the academy.
      Ghost sat up with quite a bit of effort and let out a cough as he managed to get himself to a half sitting position. A quick glance out the window showed the soft glow of the rising sun to let Ghost know that he had been out for nearly an entire day. Whatever illness he had was rough but he knew that he would live in the end.
      “Char, you got your ears on?”
      “Yea man, need something?”
      “Yea put Mike in charge for a bit and come talk to me.”
      “Rodger, be there in a sec.”
      A few minutes passed before the door of Ghost’s room opened and in stepped both Char and Chloe.
      “How many cadets do I have left?” Ghost asked.
      “Twenty flat, only managed to get two to drop out. It disappoints me really; I thought my PT was going to be hard. They haven’t slept since you left them.” Char laughed with the last comment.
      “Well I’m in no shape to train them still but we need them ready as soon as possible. How bout I give you a job Chloe?” Ghost asked as he sat on the edge of his bed.
      “I’m not sure what I could do, I’m only good with a bow and I’m not harsh enough to do what Chars been doing.” Chloe said confused at what Ghost was leading to.
      “I want you to train them with bows. Get them accurate and fast, and maybe even some training at shooting from concealed location would be nice. The bow isn’t our primary weapon but it is good to know how to use and I want well rounded fighters that can kill with whatever they get handed.” Ghost explained.
      “I guess I can do that, not like I have much else going on anyway. With you sick, I’m not getting missions due to the whole partner thing. Havening your mate as your partner really can suck sometimes; I want to take care of you while you’re sick, but I get bored not doing anything else.” Chloe said with a laugh as she kissed Ghost on the cheek.
      “Well now you can be busy while I get better. Only thing is, the cadets are going to need some time off. Let them take the day to see their families and report back here at dark to start weapons training in the morning. You got them as long as you want them; whenever you’re done I’ll just suck it up and get back to work.” Ghost huffed as he lay back down.
      “While you’re being a lazy sick [censored], read over this. Apparently our favorite Inn keeper has been keeping tabs on a nearby Templar run town with a bit of a neutral resistance problem. We have plans to work with the situation but it’s all written in the file. Well figure it out once you get the assassins up and mobilized.” Char said before handing off a file and leaving the room followed by Chloe.
      Date: [censored] if I know
      Security Status: Ghost better be reading this
      Topic: We gonna get em
      Intel came in from undisclosed source; I probably said who it was but no names in writing to avoid losses. Boarder town accused of living side by side with slaves that have been released or hired on as workers instead of slaves. Templars have moved in and are now policing the town. Templar General Malcom has taken over the position of governor while the original governor has moved to hiding alongside resistance forces. Most of the town is on the side of neutrality but only a few have the stones to stand against the Templars. The idea is to send yourself along with a medium size group of the assassins that you trained to blend in with civilians and run low profile ops in the town to thin out Templar forces and raise the number of resistance fighters. Your forces will be all human, while you will play the part of a slave. Option B would be to try to get in contact with Neutral again and see if you can pull your human form out for a bit. All Keidran assassins will be on standby to move in if it turns into a war zone.
      “Char you got your ears on still?”
      “Yup, what’s up?”
      “Got stuff going on already, about the time I get done with these trainees, I’m taking a group with me to meet with Templar, human and Keidran leaders.”
      “That takes priority since you might be able to talk the Templars out of the town.”
      “Option B, we kill the leadership and make the war go full scale.” Ghost laughed.
      “Let’s not.” Char huffed

~~

Three days passed before Ghost was in any condition to be out of bed. He slipped on the new gear the tailor had made and went to train with the cadets. Ghost was pretty good with a bow from years of hunting but he was used to a compound bow from his more modern world. The standard stick bow as he called it was not something he was as professional with. Chloe on the other hand, was a master with these bows. Never one to be against being well rounded, Ghost figured training under Chloe would help. When he entered the long room where the cadets were practicing with the bows, all motion stopped as the cadets snapped to attention.
      “As you were, Chloe is still in charge.” Ghost said as he took a bow off the rack.
      “Mike, draw it back smoothly, don’t yank it!” Chloe yelled, getting into the whole instructor mentality.
      “Yes ma’am!” Mike sounded off from the other side of the room.
      “You look better, ready to take over?” Chloe asked.
      “Nah, I’ll let you have them for a bit longer. I want to get better with a bow anyway” Ghost laughed as a slight look of disappointment came over Chloe’s face.
      “Fine, do you have off time when you’re done training?” Chloe asked as she watched Ghost take his first shot.
      “Nah, got an event to go to with leaders from all sides. Good news is that you get to come with me; it’s more of a ballroom event so you get to be my plus one while a few of the assassins count as my security detail.” Ghost explained as he let another arrow fly, knocking the fletching off the first arrow.
      Chloe stood silent as she knocked an arrow and sent it flying, splitting the shaft of Ghost’s second arrow. Ghost took this as a challenge and attempted to do the same. His shot landed a few inches to the left of the three arrow mass.
      “You might be able to kill anyone up close, but I can kill them without them even knowing where I was.” Chloe giggled.
      “Ghost! Tell me you’re up and moving!” Char screamed over the radio.
      “Yea yea, I’m up. Calm down for a second and tell me what’s going on.” Ghost calmly replied.
      “The inn got hit; scouts say there is a lot of blood but no visual on anyone, not even the Inn keeper.” Char called back.
      “Raptor get the bird up, Char meet us there.” Ghost called off as he and Chloe took off running.
      “Birds spinning off now, waiting on you.” Raptor responded quickly.
      Chloe and Ghost sprinted through the town and bolted through the already open back gate of the village. The rotor of the chopper was already spinning, kicking up a whirlwind of dirt and dust. Char stood in the door of the chopper waving them forward, m249 in his free hand. The couple mounted up and the chopper lifted into the sky. Within minutes the team was flying toward an opening in the canopy a few hundred yards away from the inn.
      “Scouts are in position near the inn waiting for us; we got back up on this one.” Char called through the head set as the bird set down.
      The team burst out of the chopper as the barrel of an M4 poked out the pilot’s window where Raptor planned to guard the chopper. Chloe, Ghost and Char tore through the woods and quickly linked up with the scouts in front of the inn. As reported, blood drenched the stairs in front of the inn and the door was propped half opened by what looked to be a human foot, also covered in blood. The team moved in and Ghost pointed to the scouts and then the side of the door to let them know to guard the outside. Ghost worked his sword out of its sheath and stacked up against the side of the door. Chloe and Char stacked up behind him and the group forced the door open and entered the room quickly, spreading out to cover most of the room.
      “Good to see this dragged you away from home.” A strange hooded figure laughed from his seat on the far side of the bar. The inn keep kneeled in front of the figure with a rope around his neck and a slight blood stain under his nose.
      “You know, you have caused quite a problem, you’ve gotten far too big to let go. The famous Ghost, making people honestly believe in living side by side with that mongrel race you call friends. Templars are really not in the mood to deal with you for much longer.” The hooded figure said.
      “So what, you came to kill me?” Ghost snarled.
      “Yea, pretty much. I thought you would like to take a seat and discuss what will happen when you’re gone.” The figure said as he waved his hand toward a nearby chair.
      “So yea Templars are pissed and what not, so they gave me unlimited resources to make sure I could not only match your skill level, but be able to beat you with ease. Years of practice and money was spent to make me into exactly what you are for the neutrals, but for the Templars. Once I kill you, top dog killer belongs to a Templar again.” The figure explained with his large ego showing.
      “It’s cute that y’all idolize me enough to train someone to be like me, but there are things you have to know, fighting isn’t all strength and skill, knowledge takes a part. I’ve been fighting here quite a while and other places for many years before that, and I’ve learned one golden fact. Fighting honorably and fighting smart are two completely different things. For example, if you are anywhere near as good as you say you are, it’s not worth the risk of fighting you, yet I can’t just let you live and cause problems.” Ghost calmly explained.
      “Quite a conundrum isn’t it, fight and loose or attempt to run away and deal with me later. The question is, how are you going to handle this hard choice?” The hooded figure laughed.
      “It’s a pretty easy question to answer.” Ghost said.
      Before anyone in the room could move, Ghost slid the handgun from his belt and loud crack echoed through the room. Blood poured from a small whole in the hooded man’s chest.
      “Problem solved.”

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#52 Post by Bachaddict »

Nice chapter. The spelling is better than last time!
Nitpick: how can his phone call without cell towers?
|This box is too sm|

red.wolf
Merchant

#53 Post by red.wolf »

... ummm, ill just have to fix that, i completely forgot that i put that in so ill go back in and change it.

red.wolf
Merchant

#54 Post by red.wolf »

Figured I would give a heads up that I most likely wont be updating for a little while. I have a longish chapter about halfway done but i would like to to start my writing contest entry and have that done ASAP. It should not take me the entire month for the entry and like I said, mostly done with the next chapter so as soon as my entry is done, BAM chapter is up.

red.wolf
Merchant

#55 Post by red.wolf »

Been rather busy and distracted lately but I finally got a part written. I should be following this one up quite a bit quicker then the last update and I'll try to get back in the rythem of posting consistently. I'm still not sure if I want to bring my story from the NWC into long term use. If I do I'm not sure what to do with two projects with no end in sight for either, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Enjoy.
Chapter 23: The New Beginning
Ghost
Two Weeks of Training Passed
      “The time has come, the time for us to be more than hidden resistance to the world the Templars have created. Our number are few, but are elite are the best; with the right planning and execution, we can begin to fight back. With you leading the way, we can end this. Your final test is much less straight forward then what you’ve dealt with for the past few weeks. Gather the training gear, less than lethal only, report back in ten.” Ghost announced as he stood in front of the crowd of hooded assassins.
      Each had proven their worth by making it through the training; each had earned the gear they now called their own. Weapons varied yet each of the no longer cadets was one with what they chose to fight with. Ghost walked silently to the sparing ring and stood motionless, hood shadowing his face up to the edge of the muzzle. The cadets fell into formation and stared at Ghost standing in the ring. Ghost reached across his chest and removed the cloth that covered his right arm and tossed it over the edge of the ring revealing the wooden knives and sword that were used for training. The training the cadets received was extensive, yet they were never expected to fight Ghost.
      “One by one, starting at first squad, you challenge me. In here now assassin!” Ghost yelled as he brought his wooden blade to a fighting position.
      The first fighter approached and Ghost held steady. The first attack was done by the new assassin with a heavy over hand blow that was blocked by Ghost with ease but with great speed, the new assassin spun and brought the blade low just to drive it upwards toward Ghost chest. Ghost reared back, barely dodging the attack only to kick his heal out to brace himself and lunge forward. A stab from Ghost was redirected so Ghost spun and drove the sword backwards under his arm hitting the new assassin in the chest.
      “Not bad; get back to formation and send the next.” Ghost said as he readied himself again.
      The next eighteen fights were just as Ghost had hoped. The new assassins could hold their own but were not able to beat Ghost. Ghost did not intend on making sure they were not as good as him, yet he was proud that he hadn’t lost his touch. The last fight was Mike, Ghost’s personal favorite.
      “I expect a lot from you, don’t let me down.” Ghost sneered as Mike squared up to his opponent.
      Mike stood silent and began to circle Ghost. Ghost had a plan to test Mike and remained motionless, not facing his opponent. As expected, Mike attacked from the rear. Ghost threw his sword over his should blocking the blow and with his free hand removed his dagger from his thigh. Ghost spun around with the dagger held back hand aimed for Mike’s chest. Ghost’s hand stopped early and he looked over his shoulder to see his dagger blocked by Mike’s own dagger that he had quickly removed to parry the attack. Ghost twisted his wrist to lock the blades together and muscled Mike around until he could throw him over his should. Mike fought back against Ghost’s larger stature but eventually lost his footing as was thrown over Ghost, landing hard on his back. Mike looked up to see a wooden blade pointed at his throat. A thump sounded through the room and as a headless arrow shaft bounced off Ghost back. Chloe stood at the far end of the ring with bow in hand laughing. Ghost looked down at Mike who had a smile on his face.
      “I thought I said one at a time?” Ghost questioned.
      “You once taught us that if a situation was more then we could handle, use other assets you have available. Your mate just happened to be an available asset.” Mike responded.
      “One on one I had you dead, but I like how you think. Fall back in the formation.” Ghost ordered.
      “I applaud all of your efforts and am glad to fight alongside each and every one of you. The celebration of finally having a fighting force that can handle itself will sadly be put off. The first mission for the assassins is one of diplomacy and will be happening tomorrow morning. This mission only requires four of you to join in, and those four have already been selected and will be pulled away later to be briefed by myself and Char. The rest of you will not be sitting around while we are gone. There is a list of nearby targets that need to be eliminated. General Thorn will be dispatching groups of you for each target. Report to Thorn now; Chloe will stop you at the door if you get to come on our mission.” Ghost announced to the crowd of assassins.
      Ghost walked out of the room and headed to the “war room” that he had set up himself. The large room had racks of miscellaneous weapons pushed up against the walls, along with a locked closet with a metal door that housed the guns. After taking the time to scavenge from the chopper, the gun safe held Ghost’s Ar-10, Char’s m249, four different handguns, one barebones M4, one m4 with a suppressor and Ghost’s personal favorite, a .338 lapua mag. Like most planning rooms, a large table sat in the center of the room with a large map of the known land surrounding them. Targets were circled on the map, mostly nearby. The plan was to start off clearing threats nearby and slowly work out from there. The assassins chosen for the mission slowly rolled in one by one; each had a smile on their face from being chosen for the first official mission.
      “Well good to see you all, all the formal stuff is gone now. You take you’re orders from me and that’s it, nothing more. The only thing that stands is calling your higher ups sir or ma’am. You’ll get you’re orders from Chloe and myself during this mission, although it should be simple enough. We have a bit of a party to attend in the human capital. This is not Templar held land so we are not everyone’s enemy here. The human army and the Templars work with each other quite a bit, but the standard humans are a less of extremist. The point of this mission is to make friends with the human army leadership. There is no possible way to get the Templars to just back off so we need to turn everyone against them. So far we have acted like the Keidren are allies, but they are not. We have been able to avoid conflict with them but we still need to set up a system where they won’t hate the human members of our society. This is a ball room event so well be dressed rather well; and on top of that, it’s a masquerade. This oddly enough helps with our other objective of making our selves better known. The masks we all will wear have already been made to show off the symbol of neutrality on both our humans and our Keidren. We have a fox, two wolves including myself, a tiger, and two humans, so we are a rather disperse group. We’ll be taking the chopper in as a little show of power so be ready to fly. Weapons are cleared here but keep them small and professional looking; leg size sword of smaller, none of the battle axe [censored]. Your fancy dress attire can be sized and picked up at the tailors place so report there and get sized and ready and report back ready tomorrow a few hours before sun down. The masks are on the table, find one that fits your species and grab it.” Ghost said as he grabbed the mask of his own.
      The assassins left the room in a single file line leaving just enough room for Chloe to slip in around them. Her dress hung around her loosely but still showed off her figure quite well. The white dress had a black symbol that matched the one on Ghosts dress gear.
      “This party is going to be so much fun; this beautiful dress will get all the guys looking at me.” Chloe said as did a little twirl to get the bottom of the dress to lift and spin like she was dancing.
      “Do me a favor and don’t make me have to kill anyone.” Ghost said as he help onto Chloe and dipped her as part of her little dance.
      “I won’t, but I know my job is to make friends while we’re there.” Chloe said as she looked up at Ghost while she laid back in her dip.
      “Then well make a lot of friends and put an end to the Templars.”
~~
      “Birds spinning off in 5 get moving.” Ghost said as he walked into the lobby of the academy.
      The assassins got up as a group walked to the chopper that waited in the field nearby. The rotor began to spin off as they all took their seats and soon they were air born.
      “Last run for this baby then we are out of fuel. Unless you wanna work on discovering jet fuel.” Raptor called over the headset.
      “Yea I’ll get right on that, I’m sure I can just crush some berries and rocks and have fuel, that’s how it works right?” Ghost said back sarcastically.
      The chopper broke the border of human lands and continued towards the capital. Within a few minutes they were arriving and the bird pointed down to land. The lights of the castle could be seen and the long path that lead to the door was filled with carriages with the symbols of the different kingdoms. The chopper flew low and twisted to show the broad side to the large group of people in front of the main doors. The chopper landed but kept the rotor spinning as Ghost threw open the door and step out and walked toward the group with his mask on, acting like there was not a whirlwind around him from the rotors.
      “Sir, this is a private event please leave now!” One of the door guards yelled.
      “Have some respect to your guest son; some of them can kill you.” Ghost said as he showed his invite and walked through the guard making sure to shoulder him out of his way in a display of power.
      “Alright ya’ll, be friendly and meet people but don’t take any [censored]; we’re here to make friends but not look weak.” Ghost said as he opened the door to the ballroom.
      The room was large and well decorated with banners from the different factions that made up the lands. Ghost was surprised to see neutral banners hung alongside the rest. The crowded room was filled with people chatting and mingling and the sound of soft music flowed like a soft wind through the crowd. The open bar on the side of the room caught Ghost’s eye so he made his way over. The bar keeper met him at the stool he took and offered to make a drink. Ghost asked for a bottle of whiskey and a shot glass. The only way he could think of to tolerate Templars was to be at least slightly buzzed.
      “I really didn’t expect to have a chance to meet one of the neutrals; my name is Stephany Mackson of the noble Mackson family.” The girl sitting next to Ghost said.
      “I’m just a fighter, no more noble than any other soldier, but it’s a pleasure to meet you. Would you care for a drink?” Ghost replied.
      “Well if you are offering sure, hehe. It really is good to see neutrals showing up. I shouldn’t be saying this but I do really like what you all are working towards. I wish I could meet Ghost and congratulate him on his accomplishments.” Stephany said.
      “Ghost is here but he is a very busy man and I’m sure he’s trying to avoid attention. I’ll be sure to pass the word on though.” Ghost said with a slight smirk.
      “Stephany? What are you doing talking to this mutt?” A Templar officer said as he approached the bar.
      “Seems like she’s having a quality conversation; if you have a problem with that you are more than free to ignore it and leave.” Ghost said as he glanced over his shoulder at the officer.
      “You talk as if you aren’t speaking to a superior! During times of peace rank still applies you waist of skin! You would make a better pelt on my wall then a soldier!” The officer yelled as he grabbed on to Ghost’s shoulder.
      Ghost shot up quickly and shoved the officer back. Slowly he lowered his hood and showed off his very distinct fur pattern.
      “Superior my [censored]. If you are so damn good at being a soldier then why don’t you try fighting a real soldier.” Ghost shouted.
      “Wait, you’re Ghost?” Stephany said in shock.
      “Sir, General Mackson would like to apologize for this outrage and would like to meet with you now before the meeting begins. If you would be kind enough to follow me I will take you to him.” A human army escort said as he stood between the two men.
      “Yes, of course. Thank you for fetching me. Stephany, it was nice to meet you and I would love to talk again soon.” Ghost said as he followed the escort off to the first of many meetings.

red.wolf
Merchant

#56 Post by red.wolf »

So this is a smaller update because I'm thinking about rapping up this story rather soon. Not sure if Im going to do a "book 2" kind of thing and just put it in the future or something but well see what goes on there. If you have any ideas on what to do after the conclusion of "book 1" then let me know. One last thing, I was ask why I did a masquerade thing and if I was copying the dragon masquerade concept. In i way I did but I had the meeting planned for a while and wanted to add to it a little and had alot of mysterious ideas to it the masks would help with but I cut most of those out.
Chapter 24: Extensions
Ghost

“Right this way sir.” The escort announced as he opened the door to a small office room.
      “Welcome sir, it truly is a pleasure to finally meet you.” One of the two men in the room said as he rose from his seat and extended his hand.
      “Ah yes, you must be General Mackson, and your friend?” Ghost asked as he shook the general’s hand.
      “I am General Hallock, I command the eleventh human legion.” The second general answered as he too shook Ghost’s hand.
      “If you don’t mind, we need to put pleasantries behind us at once. This meeting will be brief due to those around us. Simply put, we would like to extend a much larger hand to you and your people. We know of the problems caused for you by the Templars but yours are direct and easy to deal with hypothetically. Oddly enough, we have problems on the same end. This may come as a shock to you, but the average human in our kingdom has little to no issue with living peacefully alongside the Kiedren. The rise of the Templar has created a political view that washed over our lands like a flood. The King himself has been looking to take direct action against the Templars but worries of a backlash without sides being very clear.” General Mackson explained.
      “I believe I understand what you are getting at but you know my fighting force is far too small to do anything more then run small operations against the Templars.” Ghost said.
      “We have quite a few written accounts of a superbly trained small fighting force capable of fighting off, what this scout had written as, the gods themselves. You and your fighters will be a valuable asset.” General Mackson again said without explaining how a small force would be helpful.
      “Yet again sir, I don’t have the numbers…”
      “I do, the eleventh is three hundred strong.” Hallock stepped in.
      “And I can add two hundred loyal men to that. After the initial attack the human legions will separate. Most will join the Templars but a few will stay loyal and the two of us lead the largest two legions. You and your assassins will be running special tasks during the fights to take out strong points and flanking routes; you determine how we move.” Mackson explained.
      “If some legions won’t remain loyal, how were you able to formulate this plan?” Ghost asked.
      “We have been openly neutral and the king knew he could trust us with the tasks. We do have some more detailed plans for the first assault written up and we have already had it handed off to one of your men in secret. We have reasons to think we are being watched so nobody should know which of your men has it.” Mackson said.
      “Well I guess I’ll be getting back to the party to avoid any suspicion. I’ll see you at the big meeting.” Ghost said.
      “There is no second meeting. There are Templar orders to kill you before then. Don’t worry, my men will back you so be ready to hold your ground.” Hallock told Ghost on his way out.
      Ghost shrugged off the last comment and went back to the party to see Stephany still sitting at the bar as if expecting his return.
      “Good to see my new friend hasn’t left yet.” Ghost said as he sat on the stool next to Stephany. The terrified look on her face caught Ghost by surprise.
      “You need to leave now; things are end poorly for you if you don’t.” Stephany said.
      “What are you talking about?”
      “If we can have all of your attention, apparently a small plan of ours has been leaked and we are forced to act on it sooner.” The Templar officer that was causing trouble earlier announced.
      Ghost quickly rallied his fighter around him as Templars rushed in the room from the front. Behind the neutrals were Ghost’s new human allies in the human legions. The human soldiers advanced forward and raised their shields blocking in the neutrals. Ghost knew he was betrayed and started throwing out orders to his men.
      “Stay tight and only kill who you have to. Main priority is to get the chopper fast, don’t get caught up fighting.” Ghost ordered.
      “Raptor, get the bird here now, we need exfill.” Ghost called over his radio.
      The crowd departed and the ballroom was now a soon to be battleground. The human generals that Ghost had just met with stepped forward alongside the Templar officer.
      “Well Ghost, you must feel betrayed, and that’s quite understandable. There are a few things you need to remember though; the important one is that the direct approach does not always work. Another note is that having your enemy in the open makes things a lot easier to deal with. My point here is you are not the one being betrayed.” General Mackson announced before he quickly rammed his sword through the neck of the Templar officer.
      The human legion soldiers bolted forward and were joined by the neutral fighters to engage the Templars. For the first time in the fight against the Templars, Ghost was on the side that did the overwhelming. With the odds stacked with the humans and neutrals, the Templars quickly fell.
      “You had me spooked sir.” Ghost said as he patted the General on the shoulder.
      “I figured as much, but there is reason to be afraid. The war will begin as soon as word of this gets out and we need to prepare for it. This will never end cleanly so expect a full scale conflict. Can I rely on your fighters being there for it?” The general asked.
      “Given some time, I may be able to do better than just the neutral backing you sir.” Ghost said as he shook the general’s hand.
      “Send a runner when you need us, If things go the way I want them, I’ll bring an army much larger than the Templars with me.”

backonninja
Citizen

#57 Post by backonninja »

This is a good story that you have here, Red. I'm sad to see it end prematurely. I guess that all good things must come to an end eventually, though.

red.wolf
Merchant

#58 Post by red.wolf »

backonninja wrote:This is a good story that you have here, Red. I'm sad to see it end prematurely. I guess that all good things must come to an end eventually, though.
I might have to bring it back, just dont have the kind of time i used to have. I never would have thought i would accualy have people disappointed that i stopped but hey, thats enough of a reason to get back into it.

backonninja
Citizen

#59 Post by backonninja »

red.wolf wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:12 am I might have to bring it back, just dont have the kind of time i used to have.
Might? You DO have to bring it back. please! :heart:
red.wolf wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:12 am I never would have thought i would accualy have people disappointed that i stopped but hey, thats enough of a reason to get back into it.
Why wouldn't people be disappointed that such a great story stopped?

backonninja
Citizen

#60 Post by backonninja »

I skipped over the first five chapters, seeing as how Ardal had already edited them.
I'm also going to be omitting paragraphs that don't have any corrections in them to minimize the text wall and word count.
The corrections will be in bold red. I'll make ideas/suggestions in blue, with applicable text in green.
Spoiler!

Chapeter 6 The Not So Lone Blade

Ghost

The sun had yet to rise and the stars still owned the sky. The soft glow on the horizon hinted to the start of the day to still being an hour or so away. Ghost was awake but was careful with his movement to avoid waking the women that lay near him. As he slipped out of the blankets, he looked her over. She truly was beautiful in his eyes, but he knew better. He was a lone blade and wasn’t used to company, let alone a relationship. He didn’t even know if she was interested in him, or if her affection was just a way of saying thanks for what he had done.
      As he finally managed to get to his feet silently;, the cute cat rolled over to see him.
      Cloudy let out a sigh of disappointment as she curled up further under the blankets. It had warmed up quite a bit since the deep of night so Ghost set off without really worrying about Cloudy being frozen when he came back. The stream was nearby and luckily was filled with fish. The spawn for trout had started, so pregnant females were slow moving and plentiful. Within minutes, Ghost had already caught three fish with nothing but a sharpened stick. As he thrust his spear through the forth fish, the bushes behind him began to rustle.
      “Well you’re not much for hiding your body eh?” Ghost asked as Cloudy laid her cloths on a rock near the pool she was going to bathe in. “Get your mind out of the gutters boy,. I have fur covering the good stuff.” She taunted back at him.
      Ghost shrugged as he sat down on a nearby stump. “Well to start, I’m a better man then to try to just get you in bed. Second, why would someone like you want anything to do with a lone blade? Especially one that’s human?”
      “Ever stop to think that I don’t care that you’re human.? Maybe the fact that you’re a human that is genuinely good makes me like you more. Thinking race can stop people from being together is the last thing I would ever expect a neutral assassin to say anyway.”
      Ghost looked up and met her gaze. “TheirThey're nice, but you’re the one that makes me happy.” Ghost leaned in and gave her a kiss.
      “OOh, I see how it is, decent. Decent enough for your little boyfriend here, but not your good buddy Char. OOh well, good for you Ghost, she’s cute.” Char said as he neared the bank of the stream. “Now our little friend across the stream better step out in open before I go over there and drown his sorry [censored] in the stream.” Char yelled loud enough that their guest was sure to hear him.
      Just as Ghost said this, the bushes surround the fox exploded with a hail of arrows. Ghost and charChar both dove behind the stump that Ghost had been sitting on earlier. Cloudy dove under the water to avoid giving the shooters a clear line of sight on her. Ghost and Char rolled over the stump and ran for the stream. They cleared the narrow stream in one leap and drew their swords midair. The two fighters ran through the trees and looking for the shooters. Cloudy had retrieved her cloths and blade and joined them. The bushes around the three of them began to move. Before they knew what was going on, seven Keidran surrounded them. Five were wolves and two were foxes and all of them were bandits. Without a word, the first wolf made a move on Ghost, quickly followed by a second. Ghost managed to block both attacks but was delayed enough to stop a killing blow. Char was attacked by the two foxes and onea wolf. It was less of a fight and more of a blocking contest between Char and Ghost. There were too many fighters to be able to land a killer blow and constant blocking a countering were the only things keeping the two assassins alive. The remaining two wolves moved in on Cloudy. Due to poor timing, she was able to kill one before the second got close enough to assist his ally.
      "They took Cloudy! I swear to the gods I will kill everyone you’ve ever loved if you hurt her you [censored]!” Ghost yelled as he sprinted into the trees.
      Ghost threw his blade off to the side and approached the wolf. When he was a few feet away, the wolf threw Cloudy to the side. Her feet and hands had been bound. The wolf lunged forward in an attempt to stab Ghost. He was met his hand going under his arm and his sword missing Ghost’s head. Ghost wrapped his hand to the back of the wolves head and pulled him down. A sharp knee to the gut brought the wolf even lower as Ghost brought his knee to the side of the wolfs skull. Knee after knee hit their mark and the wolf was hurting quite badly when Ghost changed it up and began to bring down hammer blows to heavy elbows down on the back of the wolf’s head. Ghost then grabbed the hair on the back of the wolfs neck and threw him back into the standing position, just to put a swift kick into the knee of the wolf, breaking it back the wrong direction. The wolf lay on the ground with major head injuries and a leg pointing the wrong direction. The wolf was: in too much pain to even yell as Ghost hoisted him up and held him against a nearby tree.
... END OF CHAPTER 6...
Please tell me if you want me to do things differently.
Have a nice day!