Both Sides Tk fanfic- WARNING Violence, Language ect.

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Ardal
New Citizen
Location: Somewhere in Texas, which doesn't narrow it down much.

Re: Both Sides Tk fanfic- WARNING Violence, Language ect.

#16 Post by Ardal »

red.wolf wrote:OK, most of you will notice I have gone back and replaced my old post with revised and reformatted versions. The story has not changed but has become rather crisp and a much better read. Special thanks to Ardal who acted as my editor. I think he did a perfect job of turning my little pet project into the a story that readers will truly enjoy. Ardal, dont know what i would do without good help :grin: .
:mrgrin: Yaaay...

Ardal
New Citizen

#17 Post by Ardal »

Oh, it wasn't properly format into its intended format. PMing something better to use.

red.wolf
Merchant

#18 Post by red.wolf »

Ardal wrote:Oh, it wasn't properly format into its intended format. PMing something better to use.
Fixed it. Everyone enjoy and there is more to come soon.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

Ardal
New Citizen

#19 Post by Ardal »

Yay fixed!

red.wolf
Merchant

#20 Post by red.wolf »

Chapter 4: Old friends and Burned Memories
Cloudy

Cloudy hadn’t strayed too far from where she had left Ghost. The village she was looking for should be getting close, and her old friend would be there waiting.
      Making friends with the right people really paid off. I got a former slave to give me a new home, and guide me into the life a free Keidran. I hope I find her quickly. A cat alone in a village of wolves sounds too much like a cliché to end well.
*SNAP!*
      Cloudy quickly, but silently lunged into a nearby bush. She managed to, without making enough noise alert the possible threat that the forest hid from her. As she lay in the bush, figures with silver armor and blue markings began to march by.
      That armor and symbol... I know them, but how?
      The few moments it took for the soldier-like group to pass felt like years to Cloudy; they nearly walked on top of her. Unfortunately, she couldn’t clearly make out what race they were, let alone whether or not they were a threat.
      As Cloudy crawled silently in the direction of the unknown soldiers, she began to notice the beautiful green of the forest canopy was thinning out and allowing a view of the pure blue of the sky. Soon, the trees stopped and Cloudy lay near the tree line of the flower filled field that held the small village she was searching for.
      "TEMPLARS!" Cloudy heard the scream from the village.
      Templars? They can’t be this deep in Keidran territory.
      Cloudy’s heart stopped as no less than fifty Templar soldiers and mages took up positions in the field.
      I have to do something, I can’t just sit here. They... they can kill me. I can’t fight Templars.
      Cloudy muffled her muzzle with her arm, so her whimpering could not be heard. There was nothing she could do against that many Templars. She killed one before, but that was a lone guard. Not combat-hardened soldiers.
      She watched as the Templar infantry threw themselves at the gate, to no avail. The gate held strong until the lead mage threw a massive fire ball clear across the field. With perfect accuracy, the ball of heat and hatred blew through the gate. The infantry poured in, like water through a broken dam.
      The sounds of death could be heard across the field. Screams of those too weak to fight back rang out every few seconds. Tears began to well up in Cloudy’s eyes. She didn't know these people, but the view was horrifying. She noticed something odd going on near the gate, Templar soldiers being fought off. There was distinct twitch in their movements, as if they were fighting something that they couldn’t stop and were truly scared for their lives.
      From where she lay, she couldn’t see who or what was fighting back. Cloudy slowly worked her body backwards, low to avoid detection. After an agonizing minute, she got into a better position to view the fight at the gate. She could see that most of the Templars fighting at the gate had been killed as she crept.
      When she saw him, her heart stopped. The assassin, who just a few days before, saved her from a slaver, was fighting alone against waves of Templar soldiers. He was good, and wasn’t going to be stopped easily. Cloudy noticed that Ghost had thrown a knife somewhere out of her vision. It looked like he was yelling at someone as he slashed through another soldier.
      Without warning, the Templar infantry retreated through the gate like scared sheep. The only person left standing in the village of dead bodies was Ghost. He stood motionless near the gate as he readied himself for the next wave of fighters. Cloudy glanced over at the retreating soldiers and noticed that they had stopped and took out their bows.
      Are they going to wait for him to come out to them and then shoot him? That isn’t honorable at all. Templar scum. I should have gotten in that fight to teach them a les… No…
      The sky began to glow as the mages cast fireballs into the air. Each fireball was big enough to destroy a building with ease, and bright enough to blind someone that stared directly at them. As the flaming balls neared the village, the infantry sent arrows to follow the fire. Splinters of the exploding buildings flew into the air. The smoke in the air blocked Cloudy's view of Ghost, and she was clueless about the fate of the man that had saved her.
      The Templars marched back into the woods. Their laughs were heard clearly by Cloudy as she remained hidden amongst the green undergrowth of the forest floor. When the laughter could no longer be heard, she dove out of the bushes and tore into the field with incredible speed.
      I need to see if he made it, he’s strong there’s a chance for him. Oh, Gods, let him be okay.
      The smoke was thick as she entered the village. The charred remains of soldiers and villagers littered the ground. This was hell, a rare glimpse of what true evil looked like. Cloudy looked around for any survivors, then saw the familiar hooded figure lying on the ground. It was Ghost, but he had an arrow that went through both sides of his left ankle and another arrow that punctured the side of his gut. Only a few feet away from Ghost was a charred scar in the earth where a fire ball had landed. The concussion from the blast surely knocked him out.
      Cloudy put her hand on his chest, and felt a heartbeat. He was alive, but wouldn’t be for long without help. Cloudy acted quickly, beginning to drag him out of the burning village. Ghost wasn't heavy, but it felt as if no progress was being made. Cloudy looked back to see the crimson trail of blood left behind by Ghost’s wounds. They gleamed in the sunlight. A glance up revealed the trail of blood staining a hellish path to the burning hell that once was a village. The image burned into Cloudy’s mind. This was a sight that could haunt one’s thoughts for a lifetime.

Written by red.wolf
Edited by Ardal
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

red.wolf
Merchant

#21 Post by red.wolf »

So after 4 chapters, I haven't gotten much feedback. I would love to know what people think of the story so far so feel free to let me know what your thoughts are.

red.wolf
Merchant

#22 Post by red.wolf »

Chapter 5: An Odd Alliance
Cloudy

Ghost has been asleep for a few days. Cloudy had managed to keep him alive with various bottles of unknown medical supplies that she had taken from the trader’s wagon on the day they met. Those medical supplies were now depleted, but it was enough to save Ghost’s life.
      I wonder if what I did was enough. I really don’t need an assassin stuck in a coma as my back up out here.
      Cloudy had slowly built a sizable camp around herself between spurts of helping Ghost. There was a fire pit with a good rolling fire, a log that she pulled out of the forest to use as a seat near the fire, and a tent with a blanket and ferns she had pulled to act as bedding. It was enough for her, but one tent may be an issue if and when Ghost wakes up.
      Oh well, Ghost is cute. Sharing a tent wouldn't be that bad. Hell, I might be able to have some fun with it. Wow, did I really just have that thought? He’s a human assassin, that is the last person I want to try to be with… but, he did save me, and was very nice to me when we met. He was the only person that has treated me well my entire life. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. If he makes me happy, I should just go for-
      Her thoughts were interrupted by a groan.
      “Ug, where am I? Damn it, my legs are still screwed up. There goes any hope that the fight was only a dream.”
      Ghost began to look around and inspect his surroundings.
      “Cloudy, is that you? Did you get me out of the village?” He muttered as he attempted to roll onto his side but failed.
      “In the fur, but you owe me now, big guy. I ran through Templars and fire to save your sorry hide, and then you slept for two days while I cared for you like a sick child,” Cloudy said with a sarcastic tone, trying desperately to hide her earlier thoughts that were still bouncing around in your head.
      “[censored]. Okay, I’m useless like this. Do you think there is any way to get me a cleric or a healer? If you get me fixed up, you know I can work and make it up to you,” Ghost mumbled as he grabbed his side after another failed attempt to sit up.
      “I know another Keidran that may be able to help. The problem is though, she’s a slave and I would have to free her to get her out here. She’s close, but she is in that small military town just across the border. She’s a slave to a cleric and was trained to be one by her master so that she could work on patients while he was busy,” Cloudy replied.
      Ghost seemed to think a bit before he threw out his crazy idea to Cloudy. “I may be able to help you free her. There is a Templar, a captain actually, that used to work with me to free slaves. He and I used to plan to one day run off and join up with a neutral village, but the Templars started looking to deeply into what he did in his free time, and I had to break contact with him.” Ghost pulled a small notebook out of his pocket and began writing a note. “If you find him and give him this, he should spring your friend for you. He will have more than enough gear to come along, and chances are, he’ll love the chance to finally get away from the Templars. The only thing is, he’s still a Templar. He won’t kill you on sight unless his friends are around, or if you surprise him so be sure he’s alone when you talk to him. But don’t spook him. The guy can hold his own against me; he knows how to fight, so be careful.”
      Cloudy stared at Ghost with a dumbfounded look on her face. “You want me to get a Templar to free a slave, and then join us? That sounds about as crazy as it is, and you’re the only human I trust. However, if you say it will work, I’ll do it. If I manage to do this, you owe me more than you could imagine.”
      Ghost laughed and winced in pain. “Whatever you want. I’ll make you the happiest Keidran in the world if you just keep me alive.”
As Ghost said this, a sharp pain went through him. It was enough to make him fall unconscious again. Cloudy jumped to his side and lifted his head up off the ground.

“Maybe I am dead. Why else would a beautiful angel be holding me up?” Ghost weakly murmured.
      Without a delay, Cloudy pulled Ghost into the tent and closed the flap. She needed to leave now. If she wasn't quick, Ghost wouldn't make it.
As she ran through the wood towards the border, Ghost’s voice echoed in her head. Beautiful angel, beautiful angel. She had had those thoughts about him being cute and caring before, but that was the last straw. She was actually falling for a human assassin, and he had to have been having feelings for her if that what his subconscious spits out in a condition like that. If he said that while he was near death, she must have been going through his head while he was doing better. Her thoughts were so clouded that she barely noticed that she was only a few meters away from the wall of the human city.

Okay, find this Captain, and then wait for him to spring my friend. Shouldn't be that hard. The note says his name is James. Description says long black hair, about Ghost’s length. Shouldn't be hard to find him, since all the Templars keep their hair so short. He should stick out.
      Cloudy made her way over the wall and onto to some nearby rooftops. She watched the streets as Templars did their night patrols. There was a larger two-story house down the way that a group of Templars were moving towards. The group knocked on the door and waited. Cloudy saw as the door slowly opened to reveal an officer in full gear and long black hair.
      Ghost was right. You couldn't miss him if you tried.
      The Templars handed a written report over to the captain as Cloudy slipped into the upstairs window. She was in a spare bedroom, and the door was wide open. Being quiet wasn't going to be hard. She slipped out the doorway that lead to the upper landing of the houses staircase.
      “If you think you can kill me, be my guest to try.” A strong voice echoed up the stairs. How did this guy know she was here? Soldiers aren't usually that alert. As Cloudy walked down the stairs, a view of the man began to appear. He was standing in front of the houses fireplace. On his hip was a curved sword much like Ghost’s blade.
      “Maybe I’m not here to kill you,” Cloudy said as she threw the note into the man’s chest. She calmly sat in one of the nearby chairs and stared at the man, ready for him to make a move.
      “Well, I’ll be damned. My little assassin is still kickin’. Looks like he found himself a cute traveling partner too. Luckily for the both of you, I am so sick and tired of this Templar [censored] that you won’t have to do much to convince me. Hang out here for a bit, I’ll grab the gear I can. I’ll give you my pack to carry if you don’t mind; it’ll be easier to save your cleric if you take the pack and meet us outside of town.”
      Cloudy sat in the living room of the house while James gathered his supplies. The man had a nice house, and was obviously paid well. This must be a man who truly hates what the Templars stand for if he was willing to leave such a good setup.
      When James came back into the room, he had changed his gear. His new outfit looked a lot like what Ghost wore. The only real differences were the color and quality, along with the lack of sleeves for knives.
“Ok, here’s the pack. I’ll meet you at the tree line in 15 minutes. If I’m late, just give me a few extra minutes.” James chuckled. “Oh, call me Char by the way. Old call sign from when I ran with Ghost.”

With that, Char left, and so did Cloudy. Fifteen minutes was a long time to spring a slave, but this guy really seemed to know what he was doing. With the pack on her back, Cloudy made her way onto the rooftops and over the wall. It only took her a few minutes to get over the wall and out to the tree line. She kept her eyes on the gate, ready to react to any trouble that might come her way.
      Five minutes passed and a commotion could be heard from the gate. A wolf Keidran was thrown through the gate and landed hard on her side. She had her wrist tied together and a slave rope around her neck as a leash. Cloudy could see clearly now that the Keidran was her cleric friend, Audrey. Walking up to the downed wolf was James, now wearing Templar armor over his assassin gear.
      “Got a report of wounded soldiers just over the border. This slave should be enough to fix them up, and maybe even show them a good time to raise their spirits.” James laughed.
      The guards joined in with his laugh as James lifted the wolf back on to her feet. They began to walk for the tree line. Cloudy readied herself to kill this traitor. How could Ghost trust this guy? He’s going to kill Audrey and Cloudy, probably even Ghost.
      As the two of them entered the tree line, James stripped off the Templar armor and pulled out his sword. He cut the bindings on Audrey’s hands and took off the leash.
      “Good acting, it should keep them off our trail. Sorry I had to throw you, but it had to be believable,” James said as Cloudy appeared in front of them.
      James handed a bag of mana crystals to Audrey. Cloudy was now convinced that the act in front of the gate was legit, so she waved them forward and began to lead the way to Ghost. The walk wasn't long, and before they knew it, they were in the camp.
      “Audrey, he’s in the tent and he wasn't doing well when I left,” Cloudy said as her and James entered the tent to remove Ghost. With Ghost placed by the fire, Audrey began to work her magic. The wounds on Ghost began to close and the bleeding slowed. As the last parts of the wounds closed, Audrey collapsed.
      “I’m fine, I’m fine, that just took a lot of me. He’ll need a few hours to recuperate, but he should be walking around fine once he wakes up,” Audrey said as she limped toward the tent.
      James had already begun to set up his part of the camp. His tent was only meant for one person, and Audrey had taken over Cloudy’s tent, so it looked like Cloudy and Ghost were sleeping under the stars that night. Ghost had begun to stir, and was now sitting up.
      “Wow, I guess you found your friend and James,” Ghost said as he glanced at the two occupied tents.
      “Yea, but I’m more excited that you’re doing well. I don’t think I can handle losing the one person I really like.” Cloudy grabbed her muzzle, but it was too late. She had let it slip. Ghost blushed quite obviously with his fair skin.
      “Well, it looks like we’re out here tonight. The sky looks great tonight though, so it’s not all bad,” Ghost said as he walked over to the tent that James was in. Ghost returned to Cloudy with two blankets in hand.
      “Oh, I see how it is. I haven’t seen you in years and all you do is steal my blankets. Missed you too, pal,” Char yelled from his tent.
      Ghost handed a blanket to Cloudy and then bedded down himself. A while later, Ghost rolled over and saw Cloudy shivering a few feet away from him. He got up and went to her, taking her blanket off of her. She rolled over and looked at him confused until he laid down next her and through both blankets on top of them. He pulled her close and looked her deep in her eyes.
      “I couldn't stand to watch you suffer the cold,” he whispered to her. With a smile on her face, she leaned in and gave him a lick on the cheek. Her thoughts were going to be keeping her up tonight, but thinking about Ghost would keep that smile on her face.

Written by red.wolf
Edited by Ardal

red.wolf
Merchant

#23 Post by red.wolf »

Delays are a bummer, ive manged to get the next 2 chapters written but Im waiting on edits and what not, expect updates soon.

red.wolf
Merchant

#24 Post by red.wolf »

Chapeter 6 The Not So Lone Blade

Ghost

The sun had yet to rise and the stars still owned the sky. The soft glow on the horizon hinted to the start of the day to still be an hour or so away. Ghost was awake but was careful with his movement to avoid waking the women that lay near him. As he slipped out of the blankets, he looked her over. She truly was beautiful in his eyes, but he knew better. He was a lone blade and wasn’t used to company, let alone a relationship. He didn’t even know if she was interested in him or if her affection was just a way of saying thanks for what he had done.
      As he finally managed to get to his feet silently; the cute cat rolled over to see him.
      “Wow, you assassins really do hate to sleep in. Can’t you change the pace up and come back to the blankets with me. You were the only thing really keeping me warm.” She said as she let out a yawn.
      “Well I would, but someone has to go to the stream and get some fish or our breakfast is really going to suck.” Ghost answered making up an excuse to not join her and truly make himself happy.
      Cloudy let out a sigh of disappointment as she curled up further under the blankets. It had warmed up quite a bit since the deep of night so Ghost set off without really worrying about Cloudy being frozen when he came back. The stream was nearby and luckily was filled with fish. The spawn for trout had started so pregnant females were slow moving and plentiful. Within minutes, Ghost had already caught three fish with nothing but a sharpened stick. As he thrust his spear through the forth fish, the bushes behind him began to rustle.
      “Can’t avoid me that easily.” Cloudy said as she emerged from the bushes. “I need a bath anyway, figured I would get that in before the other two woke up, if you don’t mind.”
      Ghost shrugged and Cloudy began to take off her clothes.
      “Well you’re not much for hiding your body eh?” Ghost asked as Cloudy laid her cloths on a rock near the pool she was going to bathe in. “Get your mind of the gutter boy, I have fur covering the good stuff.” She taunted back at him.
      She was right, her fur kept her relatively decent, but her curves and feature shown well in the dull light from the slowly rising sun. Ghost did his best not to gawk, but he was impressed. He was impressed by her overall beauty and not as much in a sexual way, although she surely had to think that was why he was looking.
      “Staring at a girl that’s good with a sword can get you hurt you know.” She said as she waded up to the bank near Ghost.
      Ghost was a little shocked that she had called him out like that.“No, no, I wasn’t … well screw it I’m already caught. It’s just that you’re beautiful and I can only control my eyes so much.”
      Cloudy giggled. “I’ve been acting all cute to you since you woke up from you little coma, but you haven’t made a move or even really tried to show me anything back. If you think I’m beautiful, why haven’t you tried anything?”
      Ghost shrugged as he sat down on a nearby stump. “Well to start, I’m a better man then to try to just get you in bed. Second, why would someone like you want anything to do with a lone blade that’s human?”
      Cloudy climbed out of the water and walked toward Ghost. Ghost was too lost in the thoughts of how he was nothing more than a lonely killer who ended life for nothing more than money. He hadn’t even noticed that the nude Keidran had sat next to him on the stump until she wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug.
      “Ever stop to think that I don’t care that you’re human. Maybe the fact that you’re a human that is genuinely good makes me like you more. Thinking race can stop people from being together is the last thing I would ever expect a neutral assassin to say anyway.”
      Ghost was still staring at his feet lost in thought when Cloudy leaned in to give him a lick. She could easily notice the smile move across his face.
      “Licks really cheer you up that much?” She asked as she leaned away.
      Ghost looked up and met her gaze. “Their nice, but you’re the one that makes me happy.” Ghost leaned in and gave her a kiss.
      “You know I’m not a good person, I’ve done things that would make Keidran and human alike want to see me dead. Things still haunt me, but just being around you makes things better.”
      “You know, that’s cute and all, but you really should notice that I’m not the only one watching you two. Y’all got a friend across the stream.” Char said as he emerged from the tree line.
      “Wow you pervert, I’m not even decent.” Cloudy yelled as she ran for her cloths.
      “O I see how it is, decent enough for your little boyfriend here, but not your good buddy Char. O well, good for you Ghost, she’s cute.” Char said as he neared the bank of the stream. “Now our little friend across the stream better step out in open before I go over there and drown his sorry [censored] in the stream.” Char yelled loud enough that their guest was sure to hear him.
      The bushes on the far side of the stream began to rustle as a figure began to emerge. Across the stream stood a young fox with nothing more than rags for cloths and a poorly made bow. The fox stood at the edge of the tree line with a sly smile on his face.
      “The hell are you smiling at?” Ghost yelled in an attempt to intimidate the young Keidran.
      Just as Ghost said this, the bushes surround the fox exploded with a hail of arrows. Ghost and char both dove behind the stump that Ghost had been sitting on earlier. Cloudy dove under the water to avoid giving the shooters a clear line of sight on her. Ghost and Char rolled over the stump and ran for the stream. They cleared the narrow stream in one leap and drew their swords midair. The two fighters ran through the trees and looking for the shooters. Cloudy had retrieved her cloths and blade and joined them. The bushes around the three of them began to move. Before they knew what was going on, seven Keidran surrounded them. Five were wolves and two were foxes and all of them were bandits. Without a word, the first wolf made a move on Ghost, quickly followed by a second. Ghost managed to block both attacks but was delayed enough to stop a killing blow. Char was attacked by the two foxes and one wolf. It was less of a fight and more of a blocking contest between Char and Ghost. There were too many fighters to be able to land a killer blow and constant blocking a countering were the only things keeping the two assassins alive. The remaining two wolves moved in on Cloudy. Due to poor timing, she was able to kill one before the second got close enough to assist his ally.
      Ghost had finally made a perfect counter, giving himself enough time to kill his first enemy, making the second one an easy kill. With both his attackers dead, Ghost moved on to help Char. The two assassins stood victories over the bodies of the bandits when Ghost realized that the remaining wolf was missing. Cloudy was also gone.
      They took Cloudy! I swear to the gods I will kill everyone you’ve ever loved if you hurt her you [censored]!” Ghost yelled as he sprinted into the trees.
      Ghost came to a small clearing in the forest. In the center of the clearing stood a wolf, holding Cloudy in front of himself with a blade to her throat.
      “It’s you or her, human. Your choice, but you make a move on me, she dies. Throw your sword on the ground and walk to me with your hands in the air and I won’t do any more than show her what a real male can make her feel like” The wolf said as he licked Cloudy’s neck.
      Ghost threw his blade off to the side and approached the wolf. When he was a few feet away, the wolf threw Cloudy to the side. Her feet and hands had been bound. The wolf lunged forward in an attempt to stab Ghost. He was met his hand going under his arm and his sword missing Ghost’s head. Ghost wrapped his hand to the back of the wolves head and pulled him down. A sharp knee to the gut brought the wolf even lower as Ghost brought his knee to the side of the wolfs skull. Knee after knee hit their mark and the wolf was hurting quite badly when Ghost changed it up and began to bring down hammer blows to the back of the wolf’s head. Ghost then grabbed the hair on the back of the wolfs neck and threw him back into the standing position, just to put a swift kick into the knee of the wolf, breaking it back the wrong direction. The wolf lay on the ground with major head injuries and a leg pointing the wrong direction. The wolf was in too much pain to even yell as Ghost hoisted him up and held him against a nearby tree.
      “You made the worst mistake of you miserable life.” Ghost scowled as he delivered repeated blows to the wolf’s chest. Ribs were breaking with each hit, and the pain increased for the bandit wolf. Ghost slid a knife out of his jacket and jammed it through the wolf’s throat, staking him to the tree, dead.
      Removing yet another knife, Ghost ran to cut Cloudy free. As he took a knee to start cutting the ropes on Cloudy, he noticed a large gash on his left thigh. It wasn’t enough to faze him, all he wanted was to get Cloudy loose and be sure she was safe. As the last of the binds were cut, Cloudy jumped up and onto Ghost.
      “You risked your life to save me! You were even going to let that wolf kill you to see that I was free. Ghost I think I…I think..I.”

red.wolf
Merchant

#25 Post by red.wolf »

Sorry for this rough looking chapter. I was forced to self edit this one for the sake of getting it posted. The same will be done for the next chapter if i don't get a word back from my editor. Not sure why some of the paragraph brakes are leaving the command in place but its easy to read around so enjoy.

red.wolf
Merchant

#26 Post by red.wolf »

Chapter 7: Unbreakable bonds
Cloudy

“Shhh, I’m just glad you’re ok.” Ghost whispered in her ear as he embraced her in a warm hug.
      Cloudy fell silent as she melted into his arms, she felt safe when he held her like this. Still in Ghost’s arms, she began to blush as crazy ideas swirled in her head. She was about to say something to him, but she couldn’t tell if she really meant it. She had nearly told him that she loved him, but he’s a human. They had had the conversation already about not caring about race, but it was still stuck in her head.
      “We should find Char and get back to camp. We kind of left Audrey alone at camp and I would hate to go back to find out something bad happened to her. “As Ghost said this, Char entered the clearing.
      “Hey you found her, good deal, now let’s get back to camp and… damn, that wolf has seen better days. There isn’t even a stab wound on him, did you beat him to death?” Char asked as he looked over the body.
      “He had it coming; you don’t threaten to rape anyone I care about.” Ghost mumbled as he and Cloudy began to walk toward camp. The camp wasn’t far from the stream so they were there rather quick. When they broke through the trees and entered the camp, the burnt corpse of a wolf lay in the middle of the camp. Audrey stood strong near her tent, her hands still engulfed in flames from the spell she had cast to kill the bandit.
      “Y’all are some brutal killers you know that? I go from ghost beating someone till all their bones are broken, to quiet little Audrey burning someone to death. I am impressed though.” Char announced as he looked over the new corpse.
The attack had killed some time and the sun sat directly above them. The noon day heat warmed Cloudy’s fur as she sat down on the stump near the fire and got to work filleting the fish that Ghost had caught that morning. As usual she was lost in thought.[/paragraph]
      <I hinted to him how I feel about him; I even tried to play the sexy card down at the river. I can’t tell if he feels the same as I do or if he’s just nice and enjoys finally having company. There was some passion behind him when he killed that wolf, but was it because he loved me, or cared for as part of the group. I wish I could just get the guts to ask him, but if he doesn’t feel that way, the awkwardness might drive the group apart. O gods help me figure this out.>
      The final fish was filleted so Cloudy decided to try to get Ghost away from camp and open up to him. With luck he would feel the same and all the walls would come down. Ghost had just gotten back with Char. They had been scouting out the forest a bit so they could move on the next day.
“Hey Audery, come out her will ya.” Ghost yelled over to Audrey’s tent. “Ok, so we found a small settlement. It’s just an inn and a smith, but they are neutral. Apparently their bar does rather well so we thought we might get some rooms at the inn, and well hoist a few. Think of it as a party to celebrate new friends.”[/paragraph]
      <Change of plans, I’ll talk ghost into sharing a room with me and ill make a move of some kind. Not going too far with this but at least I can let him know how I feel in private. I can also blame the alcohol if it doesn’t go well.>
      “Alright let’s clear out, pack up the camp and well move out, hooah?” Ghost said as be begun to pack up his gear.
      “Hooah sir.” Char replied. The common thought by the girls was that Char out ranked Ghost back in the military days, but this way of talking sounded foreign. What was hooah and why were these two acting in this odd way.
      All questions aside, the group set of for the inn. It was nearly an hour walk, but the terrain was easy so it wasn’t too stannous. When they arrived at the inn, the sound of music could be heard from outside. The sound was loud and different from usual music. When they entered, they noticed glowing orbs were the only light in the bar. The greens, reds, blues and purples of the glow added an odd atmosphere to the bar, yet it seemed more fun than the usual inn.
      “Hey Ghost, do you think we can share a room?” Cloudy asked and tried to give a cute little smile to entice Ghost a little bit.
      “I can afford four rooms, but if you want to stay in my room I won’t stop you. Why do you want to stay with me anyway?” Ghost asked as the inn keeper met them near the door.
      “It’s pretty obvious why she wants to stay with ya bud, but I’ll go ahead and let you learn it that on your own, three rooms sir.” Char said as he handed the inn keeper enough money to pay for the rooms.
      The group set their gear in the rooms they chose and moved down stairs to get a bite to eat and a few drinks. The bar was rather crowded, but not over packed. The food was nothing to get excited over, but the ale was good. The bar was known for making its own house rum which just so happened to be the drink of choice for Char and Ghost back their crazy days.
      “Go hard boys and girls.” Ghost said as he walked to the groups table with a two handles of rum,
      The night built a bond with every member of the group. Ghost and Char told stories of how they had quit following the Templar commands. Audry even told of combat stories from a small slave uprising. Everyone had broken out of their shell and began to really trust each other. Cloudy, as usual, was flirting with Ghost. With human alcohol in her system, this time was a bit more intense. She had a goal set in her head and was working at it from every possible angle.
      “Ghost, let’s take a walk, I gotta ask you something in private.” Char said as he got up from the table. Ghost stood up, knowing damn well what this was about. The two stepped outside and Char pulled out a pack of cigarettes.
      “How do you still have those? I ran out after a few weeks of being here.” Ghost questioned as he took a cigarette from Char.
      “Simple, I have an entire carton left because I don’t smoke like the chimney that I’m talking to.” Char laughed as he lit up. “I didn’t come out here to smoke though; I want to talk to you about Cloudy. What’s your plan here, because she obviously into you and you have done nothing with that? Second, she’s going to pull the sex card on you tonight, I can guarantee that. Now if that’s all your going for, well there you go, but if you actually like and care about her, and want to be with her, don’t take the chance.”
      “You really think she’s not just playing around. You and I have known each other since the before we were soldiers, you know my luck with women.” Ghost said as he looked up to the moon as he took a long drag from his cigarette. “Don’t get me wrong, I have thought about her a lot, but its hard to believe she would want anything to do with me. Human, assassin, former Templar, and she still doesn’t know about our story.”
      “She won’t leave your side; she obviously wants something to do with you. I mean really, did you see her face when we walked out, she was sad just to see you leave for a few minutes. I really don’t even know why our story has anything to do with her, were stuck here with no way back so our story dies with that. What are you going to tell her; yea, were from a different dimension that is futuristic compared to this one. We were in the United States Army, but you don’t know what the United States is. We used guns, you don’t know what a gun is either.” Char laughed as he lit up a second cigarette.
      Ghost took another smoke from Char and let the conversation die knowing that Char was right. Cloudy was great and what could be hurt by finding out if she felt the same.
      Taking a drag to get his smoke rolling, Ghost said “You’re right; I’ll talk to her tonight and see what happens. I was probably going to get drunk and spill the secret anyway.”
      “’atta boy, no more lonely sniper, or I guess assassin now. Go get her bud.” Char said as he flicked his cigarette butt into the path. Ghost finished his smoke and the duo moved back inside. Something had changed since they left, the table where they had been was now filled with men, both human and Keidran. The guys were pulling the moves out on Cloudy and Audry. “Ok, the guys are back, now you see were not here alone. Now kindly go away before I rip your manhood off.” Cloudy announced as Ghost and Char approached the table.
      “O come on baby, if these two are the best you’ve had, you’ll really love what I give you.” One of the humans laughed as he looked down at Ghost and Char.
      Without a word, Ghost walked up to the larger man and drove his knee into the man’s gut, followed by a quick hit to the side of the head sending the man sprawling towards the bar.
      “Anyone else?” Ghost announced, glaring the rest of the men down. The group backed away, only one male fox keidren held his ground.
      “You’re really gonna make me do this aren’t you?” Ghost said as he leveled up with the fox. The fox shook his head and got into a fighting stance. Ghost stood in a normal fashion as if he really didn’t care about the fight that was about to happen. The fox threw the first punch toward Ghost head. Ghost dipped out of the way, quickly spinning around and grabbing the fox’s arm. With a grunt, Ghost through the fox against a wall followed by a satisfying thud as the fox hit the ground.
      Ghost walked up to the table the men had come from and grabbed the liquor they had been drinking.
      “Looks like yall are done for the night; get the hell out before round two starts.” Ghost announced as he took a swig from the bottle he had taken. He made his way back to the table, noticing Cloudy’s eyes shining as she gazed at him.
      <Maybe she does like me, that is one deep stare.>
      “To good friends!” Char interrupted the after fight silence, holding a bottle of rum in his hand. Without hesitation, Ghost tipped back his bottle.
      The night was a blur after the next few hours. Ghost handled himself well after polishing off nearly an entire handle. Char left half way through the night and passed out in the hallway to his room. Audrey stayed sober and offered to take care of him while Ghost and Cloudy enjoyed their night.
      “Soooo, it might be the drink talking but, crap, what was I saying.” Ghost slurred.
      “You’re the cutest guy I know, and the bestest fighter ever” Cloudy slurred back. Cloudy slurred back.
      “I forget what I was gonna say, I think, bed is a good idea. “Ghost slurred as he stumbled out of his chair, catching himself on a nearby wall.
      Cloudy didn’t question the idea and followed Ghost up to their room. The short walk sobered Ghost up slightly, at least enough to make simple decisions. Ghost began to take off his gear, all but the shorts he wore under, he sat on the bed getting his bearings back. With a glance up, he saw Cloudy, lacking any kind of clothing, coming toward him. She knocked him down onto the bed and jumped on top of him.
      “Finally got you where I want you.” She said as she licked his cheek. “Tonight, I can repay you for all you’ve done for me” She whispered with a sensual grin on her face.
      Ghost grabbed her by the shoulders and rolled her onto the other side of the bed. With him now on top of her, he brought his face close to hers.
      “Every inch of my body is screaming at me for this, but I won’t do this to you. You're drunk and I care about you too much to take advantage of you. I, I love you.” Ghost leaned in and kissed her before rolling back onto his side of the bed.
      Ghost laid there for a few minutes thinking about what he had said. A soft nudge brought him back to reality. He turned over, now face to face with Cloudy.
      “I love you too Ghost, I really do.” Cloudy said as she gave him a peck on the cheek. She rolled over to finally sleep off the night of drinking. Ghost did the same, but his thought would keep him awake for a while.

red.wolf
Merchant

#27 Post by red.wolf »

Ok, so caught up to myself and now have editing on pace with writing, no spoilers, but the next 2 chapters is where things really twist around and conflicts arise so stick around for that in the next couple of days. As always I'd love to here what the readers think and can always use some critiques on my work. Thanks for those of you who read my story and i hope you enjoy, hope to hear from you.

red.wolf
Merchant

#28 Post by red.wolf »

Chapter 8: Dreams from a Lost Man
Ghost

“How did you convince me to help you dig this thing again?” Char asked as he shoveled dirt out of the hole.
      “Well you and your lady are always over here, so a pool would be used by you as much as me.” Ghost answered as he lit up another smoke while he worked.
      “Yea, but you have kids, Audry”s only pregnant. I don’t have to deal with your hell yet.” Char huffed. They had nearly dug out the pool and planned to line it with smooth river rocks.
      “Quit whining, we lead the defense force for a village that people barely know exist and it never gets attacked. We have other people in charge of training troops, others to run the guard; what else should we do with our time?” Ghost let out as he climbed out of the hole to start dropping rocks down to Char. “So how’s Audry doing anyway, haven’t seen her lately?”
      “She’s been working at the healing center patching up the guards after the tower collapse. I don’t mind her being gone much, gives me time to get stuff done. When she comes back to all my projects around the house done, she’ll be happy and that’s enough to make me happy.” Char had begun to line the bottom of the hole with rocks.
      “Dad!” The sound blared from the back door of the house as Cloudy and Ghost’s two kids ran outside. One son and one daughter; both had taken from both parents. Ghost’s son, Sift, had the body and face of a human, but the ears, legs and arms of a black cat Keidran. He had dark grey stripes crossing his fur that barely separated them form the black. Katelyn was much the same as her brother, but with a light grey fur tone with a few dark spots mixed in.
      “Dad, dad, are you and Uncle James going to be done soon!” Sift spoke up as his peaked over the edge of the hole.
      “Boy what did I say about calling me James.” Char barked as he playfully shoved a pile of dirt at the boy.
      Figuring the men were nowhere near done, the kids ran off to play together. Cloudy grabbed a few more rocks and lobbed them in the hole before jumping in herself.
      “Hey babe.” Ghost said as he kissed his wife. “Come to help me out, gods know Char is useless.”
      Without warning, a flash of light blared into Ghost’s eyes.
~ ~ ~
      Ghost looked around the room of the inn. Checking beside him, Cloudy was still asleep.
      What kind of dream was that, way too vivid for me.
      Ghost slipped out of bed, being sure to not wake Cloudy as usual. Ghost gathered his gear and began to layer himself up. All gear checks were complete, and he was ready to go. He leaned down and pulled a paper out of his pack. A contract he had been sitting on for a few weeks, and another reason he had wanted to stop at this inn. His target was a drunk that had raped a man’s daughter. Scums of the earth like this were targets worth killing no matter the price in Ghost’s eyes. Conveniently, the inn keeper was the pay master for the contract, and the target was a pathetic day time drunk.
      A stir caught Ghost’s attention and he turned around to see Cloudy sitting up.
      “Why are you all geared up, mask up and everything?” Cloudy asked as she rubbed her eyes into focus.
      “Char and I are grabbing a local contract so we have some money when we need it. Don’t worry, kills happening downstairs so I won’t be far.”
      <Should I tell her about the dream? No, no, it was just a dream. I should talk to her about what we said last night though, but later.>
      “Good luck, don’t get hurt.” Cloudy said as Ghost was walking out the door. Before he could close the door, Cloudy called to him one last time. “I love you Ghost.”
      “Love you too Cloudy, don’t worry about me, just stay safe for me.” Ghost said as he quietly closed the door.
      Ghost jumped as a masked figure stood near his door. “Sounds like you wo finally made it a thing. So you just get some or you two together now.” Char asked as Ghost regained his breath.
      “You scared the hell out of me, but yea, I don’t know if were together, but how we feel is out in the open.” Ghost said as he sheathed the blade he had pulled when Char had surprised him. “Let me do the talking and well get this done quick.”
      The bar was empty when they got down stairs, perfect. The drunken rapist would be here soon and hopefully the last contract for Ghost would be complete.
      “Hope you don’t mind the site of blood.” Ghost said to the inn keeper as he sat at the bar. The inn keeper just shook his head and kept on with his work. As if on queue, the drunk walked in. He still reeked of alcohol from the night before. The man took a seat at the opposite end of the bar from Ghost, but was mere feet away from the table Char had chosen to sit at. The man ordered a drink, and the inn keeper filled his glass. Ghost stood up and moved to a seat next to the man.
      “I’ll go ahead and let you enjoy a last beer.” Ghost said as he took the seat next to the man. “You know there’s no way out of this, could make the cleanup easy on the keeper that’s been filling your glass all these years. Old butcher sink in the back, blood won’t hurt it, and I’ll make it quick.” Ghost said as the man finished off the drink.
      “Fine, not like I could fight you and your friend there. Y’all are trained and good at your job, I wouldn’t last long. “The man huffed as he stood up and made his way to the kitchen. Ghost looked to Char with amazement with how easily that had went. They followed the man into the kitchen and toward the butcher sink. Ghost had grabbed the sword from under the bar counter and brought it along.
      “I’m not much for executing people who surrender, so I’ll give you a chance to fight for your life.” Ghost sighed as he lobbed the sword to the man. The man caught the sword and shrugged. With a hard overhand swing, the man attacked Ghost. Ghost ducked under the slash and spun around the man’s back, driving his sword through the man’s back and out his gut. With some force, Ghost was able to prop the man up against the sink, only allowing a few drops of blood to reach the floor. Ghost left the room and met Char back in the bar. Char just waved a filled pouch toward the staircase. The two men left for their rooms.
      “Got a little extra for giving the guy a chance to die with honor.” Char said as he handed Ghost the bag. “We have plans for the money?”
      “Was thinking split it so I can get some better gear for Cloudy, she needs it. It’ll also make me look good to buy her a few things, maybe even a necklace or something. Then give you some so you can buy some good magic style robes for Audrey, maybe something else if you want to impress her and try getting her.” Ghost smiled at the thought of Char settling down with the girl of the group that never said much.
      “Hey, why not? She is cute and I could settle down. I would like to get to know her a little first though; she barely talks now so she’s still a stranger to me.” Char replied as he thought about actually settling down.
      “You know Char, one day I hope we find a village for us all. Have my closest friend as a neighbor, maybe a family. I also want a pool.” Ghost laughed as the men went to their separate rooms. Ghost opened the door, half expecting Cloudy to still be asleep. He was right, and asleep on the bed was his beautiful girlfriend? Mate? Close friends? He had no real way of knowing what their relationship was at this point.
      Finding out exactly what we are is a good idea, but I’ll wait until we wake up.
      Ghost lay on the bed next to Cloudy. He decided that now was the time to really just go all in to letting her know how he felt so he planned on holding her in his arms as he slept. Before he had a chance to embrace his beautiful feline, a dark apparition began to manifest at the foot of the bed. The dark fog began to take the form of a ghostly human body and finally a masked face appeared. The cracked gray mask looked worn by centuries of use.
      “The time has come to talk to the face of true neutrality.”

red.wolf
Merchant

#29 Post by red.wolf »

Chapter 9 : The Price of the Girls
Ghost

“The claim of few fighters. Neutrality. You say you’re everyone’s friend and that you side with them all but how can you know your beliefs are true with only the subtle views of one side.”
      “I never claimed to be everyone’s friend; I kill for a living so god knows I’m not on everyone’s side.” Ghost uttered as he rose to his feet in this bright abyss of white light.
      “God does not know. God isn’t here; only us masks.”
      “The masks are real? Well I guess there isn’t much to doubt now, so which one of you miserable [censored] got bored enough to talk to me.” Ghost shot back.
      “I am the one you claim to be, I am Neutral.”
      “Well I guess that’s why I sparked your interest, and what do I need to hear. If you could make it quick, there is a cat back there that I would much rather spend time with.” Ghost spat, already tired of this mask.
      “I’ll make this meeting as brief as possible, but a fighter of your skill level can’t be truly seen as neutral until he realizes who he is killing for. You know the human view, but there are other you fight for and one of those in particular can be seen as a problem in the future for you. You will be tested; the length of the test has yet to be determined. In one cycle of the sun, your test will begin. You’ll know when it has started, yet you have no specific goals. This is a lesson and a test combined and you will pass or fail without my intervention. “The mask spoke clearly to be sure that it would be understood.
      Without another word, the mask let out a sharp black arc from is hand and launched it quickly into Ghost’s chest. The pain was excruciating but quickly dissipated. When Ghost opened his eyes after the pain left his body, the wood paneling of the room at the inn flooded his vision. It felt as if he had landed in the bed and Ghost shook on the impact. Cloudy shot up out of bed and turned to him.
      “What happened? Are you ok, is Char ok, did the contract go bad?” Her words rushed out of her mouth quickly as she struggled to think as quickly as she was talking.
      “No….no, it went fine and Char and I are both fine. I….you wont believe this but, I think I just had a meeting with Neutral.” Ghost said as he grabbed his head, still trying to grasp the situation.
      “What? What was the meeting about and are you sure you weren’t dreaming?” Cloudy asked dumbfounded at what Ghost had told her.
      “I’m pretty sure I wasn’t even asleep, and it said I was going to be tested. I’m pretty sure I know what the test is going to be too, but I want to talk to you about something else. Well cross this Neutral bridge when we get to it.” Ghost said as he gently push Cloudy’s shoulder down to the pillow while he lay down facing her.
      “I wanted to talk about us, what we have together. I guess the best way to start this is, well, just to say that I love you and what I said last night was not just drunken slip ups. I care about you more than anyone in this world and trust you more than anyone.” Ghost said as he stared into Cloudy’s deep blue eyes.
      Cloudy lay there with her eyes locked in Ghost’s gaze. She said nothing as she moved in for a kiss. With their lips locked, Ghost understood that the feeling was mutual, but there were important matters to attend to.
      “Ghost, I love you and being with you would be the best thing to happen to me, but we may have a problem. If your dream was real, then were in for a shock whenever your test starts. We should be prepared for that and so should Char and Audrey.” Cloudy said as she began to throw on her rough looking gear.
      “Your right, I think Char and I are going to run across the border into that human town and buy some things well need along the way. That last contract had a good pay off so why not spend?” Ghost said as he emptied a back pack in order to carry his new purchases.
      Ghost and Cloudy said their goodbyes. Now that they were a couple in some way, goodbye was no longer a short and easy thing. Finally struggling out of one of Cloudy’s many hugs, Ghost worked his way into the hallway and towards Char room. Ghost pushed the door open and stepped in.
      “Char you ready, we should get going……..Ummm,h- hi Audrey.” Ghost stuttered as his eyes fell on a naked female wolf.
      “Don’t you know how to knock? Great, now that I finally find people that I want to travel with, and I’m embarrassed.” Audrey said as she noticed Ghost laughing. “Why are you laughing?”
      “Because, you’ve barely talked since we met you, and first thing you say to me is after I accidently walk in on you naked. Remind me to embarrass you more often, makes you livelier.” Ghost laughed as he through the shirt on the floor near him over to Audrey.
      “I love how you have a Keidran girl, and I’m single, yet you’re the one who walks in on the other girl in our group while she’s naked. There is no justice in the world.” Char announced as he walked out of the bathroom that Audrey had locked him in for privacy.
      “Well, after that mistake, let’s go Char. Still going to run into town for supplies and thought you would want to come. Audrey, Cloudy is in my room and needs to fill you in on some information. Char, I’ll explain that to you on the way.” Ghost said as he waited in the doorway for char to clear a bag and gather other gear.

“So let me get this straight, you met Neutral, and he said you’re going to be tested to see if you’re neutral. How about me, I’m a neutral human too?” Char asked as they walked the dirt path towards town.
      “Yea I met neutral, and you’re not the one who started all this. Neutral seemed to think I was in the process of starting a revolution against both the Keidran hierarchy and the Templars. I’m sure I know what the test is going to be also, but I don’t think I’ll let y’all in on that until I’m sure of it.” Ghost said.
      The town could be seen in the distance, they were right at the edge of the trees the signified the border in this area. The noon day sun beat rays of gold into the grassy field as Ghost and Char parted the sea of grass with each step they took. The field had a rugged dirt path cutting it into two perfect halves. Following this road lead to the town’s gate and directly into the market district that was rather crowded for a border town. Humans dragging Keidran slaves was an all too common sight as Ghost and Char wondered through the bustle of the market.
      A small clothing store was spotted nearby so Ghost pulled on Chars sleeve to get his attention.
      “The girls could use some new threads; assassin gear for Cloudy and robes for Audrey.” Ghost said as he dragged Char through the crowd.
      The late afternoon sun shot a beam of light against the shop window, illuminating a set of robes in threaded with manna crystals. Ghost knew those robes would be perfect for Audrey, but she was Chars problem; after all, he was the one trying to get with her.
      “I would ask you two your business, but judging by your choice of cloths, you might have to kill me if I asked” The owner of the shop said as he stepped out from the backroom.
      “Actually, I’m looking for a get up kind of like the one I have. The only difference is I need it for a female. She is probably five or six inches shorter than me and a little thinner if that helps with sizing.” Ghost said as he moved some cloths aside on a rack, hoping to find exactly what he was imagining.
      “Yea, I’m looking for female robes if you have them, something functional but good looking, I’m buying to impress.” Char said as he glanced at the robes in the window.
      “Well you’re an easy one sir, those robes you are eyeing are simply exquisite, but also extremely functional. The manna crystals add to the functionality. You on the other hand, ill need to custom make your, well combat armor? If you don’t mind, I can copy the pants without problem, but the shirt I will need to borrow from you for a few hours while I get it ready.” The tailor said as he walked around Ghost eye balling the finer features of his shirt.
      “Fine, just have it done quickly; we have some distance to travel before nightfall.” Ghost said as he removed his shirt.
      Ghost was a rather intimidating man with his shirt off. Years of military service had created a machine. His tattoos had ink resting deep under his skin in the shapes of symbols that no one in this world could translate. Two connected silver bars printed into his right arm near the shoulder. On the other arm was a wolf with a combat knife in his mouth. Across the back of his shoulders was Arabic writing that only he and Char knew the translation to. Infidel; the wars of their old world would always be part of him. A mural on the middle of his back was a star with a golden border with the words U.S Army printed underneath.
      “Those are some odd tattoos sir; I hope you don’t mind me asking what they mean.”
      “Actually I do, if you would be kind enough to ignore them and get to work on those cloths that would be great. We’re heading out to shop around a bit; we’ll be back in a few hours for our stuff.” Ghost said as he made his way towards the door.
      As Ghost and Char moved through the crowd, stares from civilians all fell on Ghost. He didn’t care, getting stared at wasn’t something he wasn’t used to, after all, he fought in a war few agreed with back home. Through the crowd Ghost could see a sign that said jewelry. It was time to finally buy something nice for Cloudy.
      The shirtless Ghost approached the stand and began to examine the necklaces. Most shined bright, other had beautiful colors, but Ghost had no idea what he was really looking at.
      “So are you in trouble, or just buying to impress that special lady if your life.” The man running the stand leaned on the stand laughing at the confused shirtless machine of a man that stood in front of him.
      “Umm, yea I have no idea what I’m even looking at here, but first let me ask you this. How do you feel about Keidran?” Ghost asked.
      The salesman pondered the thought for a moment. “Well, between you and me, I don’t have a problem with them. If neutrality was an option I would go for it, but I’m just a salesman and any neutrals are fighters, and they are few and far between.”
      “Well, let’s hypothetically say I’m buying for a beautiful Keidran girl, what would you sell me?” Ghost asked as he flexed slightly to intimidate the man away from any poor outburst.
      “I actually have a piece from a Keidran village that was taken over by Templars. It’s a rare gym from the far north of Keidran territory; you’ll almost never find another one of these in Keidran territory let alone human lands. Its rarity symbolizes true care for the one you give it to and symbolizes deep bonds. It’s expensive, but it seems to be what you’re looking for.”
      “Fine, I’ll take it.” Ghost said as he took the necklace and left a bag of gold pieces on the table.
      “Sir, this is much more than that is worth, you could buy a house with this kind of money.”
      “Think of it as a reason to not turn your neutral buddy into the Templars.” Ghost stated as he walked away.
      Ghost found Char at a nearby magic stand buying manna crystals. The sun was beginning to set on the horizon with amber waves of light. The two men made their way back toward the tailor to retrieve the cloths that they had purchased. The tailor met them half way with their bags.
      “I knew you two were in a rush, so I set out to find you in the market, but wasn’t able to until now. Your cloths are all here, and here is your shirt back. I really am proud of this work so you should enjoy it too.”
      The assassins thanked the man for his kindness and gave him a few silver pieces as thanks for his efforts. The two men set off out of the town to meet back up with the girls at the inn. The trip didn’t take too long, but by the time they were back the moon had taken over the sky. As they approached the inn, two female Keidran were on the front porch. Smoke was bellowing from their mouths as the men got closer.
      “Are you smoking my cigarettes?” Char yelled as he ran toward the porch.
      Ghost stepped up onto the porch after Char and got a smoke from the pack that Cloudy had taken.
      “Audrey, light me up will you.” Ghost said as Audrey leaned over and flicked a flame from her hand lighting Ghost’s smoke.
      “I don’t know how you two do these things, the taste is awful.” Audrey said as she took another drag, intent on finishing what she had started.
      “Yea, they’re a little better to humans, but it’s a habit that dies hard once you start smoking them.” Ghost said as he smoked his cigarette.
      “By the way, we got you girls something.” Ghost said as he handed the bag over to Cloudy and Char to Audrey. The girls removed the contents of the bags and gasped as they saw their new cloths. Without a word they quickly stripped down and put on the new cloths.
      “These robes are amazing, the crystals are flawless. How could you afford this Char?” Audrey yelled as she looked at her sleeves in amazement.
      “Meh, you’re worth it.” Char said as he leaned against a post trying to act cool.
      Cloudy took no time to start slipping the multiple knives Ghost had bought into her near pants and jacket.
      “You boys really out did yourselves this time; we’ll have to repay you for this.” Cloudy said as she gave a seductive look at Ghost.
      “I actually got you one other thing while we were out.” Ghost said as he removed the necklace from his pocket. He undid the clasp and wrapped in onto Cloudy’s neck.
      “So what do you think?” Ghost asked.
      “G..Ghost, this gem, its. It’s beautiful, and rare. I’ve only ever heard rumor of these, you can’t be serious about this, it’s worth a fortune.” Cloudy gasped as she stared into the gem, the rainbow of color within the gem danced on her face from the reflected light.
      “Your worth more to me then that necklace, but it’s the best I could do.” Ghost said as he leaned in and kissed Cloudy on the forehead.
      “Tomorrow might need a lot of explaining anyway, so I’m glad everyone is happy now.”

red.wolf
Merchant

#30 Post by red.wolf »

So, I'm one of the worst artist ever, so this is a bit of a call for help to our art community. There is a small project that goes with this story that I would like done by someone who is gifted with artistic talent. If you enjoy my story and would like to put your efforts into a art piece of one of my character, let me know and I'll be happy to give you the details of the one that needs to be drawn, painted, animated, Photoshop, I really don't care how you do it, as long as it looks pretty good and you enjoy yourself while you do it. As always let me know your thoughts on the story and if you're interested in making some art.