TwoKinds: War of Deikli

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Re: War of the Dark Ones (repost)

#31 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Chapter 25

Family Time

Marisol smiled as Kyoden jumped into the river, his sister following close behind. Medora hit the water with loud smack, making Marisol groan.

"How'd that feel?" she asked, her daughter groaning as well. She smiled before standing up and backpedalling a few feet. She shifted into angelic form and leaped off of the bank, soaring gently into the water. When she resurfaced, Kyoden splashed her face and she dunked his head into the ice-cold water. Her teeth chattering, she got out of the water and lay herself on a towel to bake by the summer sun. "I don't know how you two can stand that water," she said to her children. They laughed and splashed and played like kids do, not a care in this world.

"You get used to it!" Kyoden shouted before his sister took her turn dunking his head in the water. He lifted her up by her waist and threw her over his head, sending her into the deeper end of the river.

"Oh, great! I can't touch," she said. Marisol's eyes sprang open. She jumped up in time to see Medora being carried away by the current and she leaped once more off of the riverbank. She took flight in mid-air and swooped down low to the water. Grabbing Medora's arm, she pulled up just before reaching the rapids. Medora's foot was cut open by a jagged rock and she screamed. Marisol landed on the nearby sand and looked at the wound. It was serious, Medora was bleeding badly.

"Okay, Medora?" Her daughter nodded, biting her lip. "I'm going to put you in the auto, alright? When I do, I need you to keep your foot above your head for as long as possible, okay?" Medora nodded once more. Marisol picked her up and place her gently in the front passenger seat of the automobile. Kyoden hopped over the door and into the back, and Marisol took her seat at the wheel. She stuck the keys in the ignition, turned them, and roared off through the winding roads of the southern wetlands.

Kimblee picked his sister up and set her on his shoulders. Her tiny frame was easy to carry, and she giggled like a loon. Their mother smiled and Kimblee again felt sharp daggers. But he ignored them, resigning to spend the rest of the day with them, and then leaving. He needed this. He would do it, for his sister, if not for Marisol. Kimblee lifted his bait-box and set it on the boat, which gave it a good rock back and forth. He stepped in, setting Maddie down on the seat next to him while his mother sat across.

"So, what is this, Kimblee?" she asked, holding the pole at the wrong end. Kimblee reached out to grab the handle and turned it around.

"This," he said, handing the pole to her the right way, "is fishing. Me and da used to do it all the time, before he left." Maddie stared into the water. "What ever happened to him?" Kimblee asked. His mother opened her mouth to say something, but closed it.

"He never came back," Maddie said. She didn't sound all too sad about it. She never really knew their father before he was drafted in the military. He lived live on the sea now. That, or at the bottom of it. Kimblee shook his head.

"So, the first thing you do is cast off," he said, demonstrating. They both followed suit, and within minutes they were all fishing on their own.

Marisol stopped the car and jumped out, running over to the other side. She picked up Medora and carried her inside the clinic, with Kyoden close behind. One of the attendants rushed over and relieved Medora from Marisol's arms, taking her into one of the back rooms without a word. Marisol tried to follow, but the door closed before she could pull it open and it wouldn't budge. She cursed and sat in one of the lobby's chairs, patting the other chair next to her as signal for Kyoden to sit there.

Marisol's eyes opened again as a hand touched her shoulder. It was a human nurse, and she had a bit of blood on her scrubs.

"Your daughter will be alright. There might be a scar, as we had to cauterize the wound, but the cut closed rather neatly. She should be walking again in a few hours." Marisol breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you," she said. "Can I take her home?" The nurse nodded and opened the door to the back rooms. Marisol looked inside the one to the left to see Medora sitting on a small bed, her foot wrapped in bandages. She scooped her up and carried out to the waiting room, where she thanked the nurse again before leaving.

Come sundown, they had each caught at least twenty fish, each one sizable, to a degree. Kimblee had almost forgotten that he had to head back to Lyn'Knoll. When he reached the cliff again, he hugged his mother and Maddie.

"I'll see you again, okay, Maddie? And you too, Mom." They each smiled and Kimblee wiped a small tear from his eye. He backed up. "Until then," he said, before turning around and taking a running leap into the ocean below. His mother and sister both ran to the edge to see him resurface a minute later, laughing and coughing. He heaved himself into the small boat and began rowing off towards the northeast. It didn't take long for him to vanish over the horizon.

1 WEEK LATER

Marisol groaned as she stood up. Someone had knocked at the door, this late at night. Who could it be? she thought. She opened the door and was met with a faintly recognizable silhouette. She let her eyes adjust before realizing it was Kimblee, panting.

"Kimblee, what are you doing here?" she asked. He looked confused.

"Why would I not be here?" he responded.

"Well, you come back from the dead," she said angrily, "and then you leave for two weeks? How the hell do that seem like a sensible thing to you?" He hung his head, staring at her feet. "Well, come inside. It's far too cold out for anyone, even you." He stepped inside, smiling and shaking his head. "What?" He didn't answer, but his smile faded. He sat in one of the chairs in the living room as Marisol sat in the one opposite to him.

"So? Care to tell me where you were for the past two weeks?"

He mumbled something she couldn't hear.

"What was that?"

"I said, 'I went back to West Basitin.'" She was shocked. He.. he'd gone to West Basitin and back in only two weeks? On that little fishing boat?

"And what were you doing there? Seeing an old girlfriend?" He shot her a pointed glare.

"I was visiting my sister and my mother," he said, beginning to anger. Marisol kept silent. His mother and his sister... of course.. they hadn't seen him in eleven years. But then again... neither had she. "They haven't seen me for eleven years," he said, as if right on cue.

"Neither have I," she retorted. He looked away from her, out the bay window.

"I.. I know. I'm sorry. I left in a fit of rage and they were the first people that popped into my head." He looked back at her. "I was just angry because you said you were going to tell the public. Which, now that I've thought about it, might not be so bad." He smiled and looked away.

"It's alright, Kimblee. I understand. You didn't happen to tell my family where I was, then?" she asked.

"Nope. Knew you wouldn't want me to."

"Good," she sighed. She had never had that great of a family. Not until Kimblee, Gneison, Fauna, Kyoden and Medora, at least. "You know.. I think the kids would love to see you, Kim." He looked up at her, his eyes shining with silent glee. "I'll go get them." She got up and, smiling, rushed over to the twins' room. She came back out a moment later with the two of them.

"Kyoden, Medora," she said, taking a deep breath. "This is Kimblee. Your... your dad."

EDIT: Woops, had a bit of a goof. Fixed.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#32 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Sorry for the major delay. I haven't been focusing on writing all the much and Skyrim for PC isn't even being considered at this point. But otherwise, here's the thingy.

Chapter 26

The Young and the Old

Medora rubbed her eyes once more and Kyoden simply stared at Kimblee.

"H-hi, kids," he said, his entire form trembling. Kyoden came forward and wrapped his arms around Kimblee, burying his face in his dad's shoulder. Medora was more skeptical, but still she came over and gave him a quick hug. Kimblee stood up, looking proudly down at the two. "Now," he began. "Let's see their tricks."

Marisol nodded. "Keep in mind that they've got more control over their forms than we do," she warned him. "So don't get jealous of them." Kimblee nodded as well, a wide grin spreading over his face. They all went outside, onto the back porch, and Medora stepped forward first.

"It'll be a minute," she said wearily. She shut her eyes and clenched her fists and the snow about her feet began to melt. Slowly, her fur turned gray and her hair grew wild. When she opened her eyes, they were jet black, and purple energy arced off of her.

"Well," Kimblee said quietly. "It's certainly less violent than mine." Both Kyoden and Medora's eyes widened.

"You can do it too?" they asked in unison. Kimblee only nodded, knowing they wanted to see it.

"Well, Kyoden. It's your turn," Marisol cooed, breaking the silence. Kyoden stepped forward, doing the same as Medora had. This time, however, his fur turned white and a pair of angelic wings sprouted from his back. His eyes had turned pure white and he glowed with a pale light.

"They don't work yet," he said, regarding his wings. Kimblee nodded, laughing a bit.

"Alright," he began. "I'll show you mine." He went over to where his children had stood and initiated the transformation. Instead of simply shutting his eyes and clenching his fists, he transformed in a flurry of darkened energies. When the whirlwind ceased, Kimblee stood, panting. His fur had turned a gleaming black, and red bits of energy danced around him. "Well.. this is new," he said, his voice low and demonic. His hair stood on end and his eyes glowed a fierce red. He looked at himself in the glass sliding door, wondering what had caused such a deviation in his demon form. Looking closely, he also noticed that jet-black velvet horns had sprouted from his forehead. "N-normally, I look like Medora..!" He attempted to change back, but something was prohibiting the transformation. He began to panic.

"I.. I can't ch-change back!" he said, his voice trembling again. He took a step back. As his foot hit the ground, a crack formed in the earth. He jumped forward as the crack expanded into a chasm. The ground begin to shift, the house sliding towards the split in the ground. Marisol grabbed Medora and Kyoden and quickly shifted into her own corrupted version of angelic form, with white batwings and wild hair. She too had horns, but white instead of black. She soared into the air, placing Kyoden and Medora in the back of the auto before coming back for Kimblee.

Kimblee, attempting to grab at rocks and bits of debris, was sliding towards the chasm as it spread open even further. He saw Marisol come from the other side of the house, but he knew that she would be too late. By the time she reached him, he would be tumbling down into the earth. so he would need to grab on to something. As he came within inches of death, his hand snagged a jagged rock and he stopped falling. Marisol reached him and lifted him into the air, dropping him into the driver's seat of the automobile. She then sat herself in the passenger's seat as Kimblee started the engine. He floored it, tearing out of the area at almost 60 kilometers per hour. They soon reached the edge of town, where Kimblee took off at a run towards City Hall. He reached it within the course of a few minutes, his speed and agility elevated beyond physically possible. As he slammed into the doors, multiple guards aimed their weapons at him, firing. The bullets bounced off of him harmlessly, yet he still stuck his hands in the air.

"Stop!" he yelled out. The firing ceased and he opened his eyes. They were all reloading their weapons. "I'm not here to hurt you! I need the intercom system!" One of the armed men stepped forward, peering up at Kimblee.

"Wh.. why?" he asked, obviously terrified.

"A very large chasm has opened up on the eastern side of the valley," Kimblee spoke, his voice striking fear straight into the poor man, who turned around, gesturing for Kimblee to follow. Kimblee did, and soon found himself in a room with a headset and a very large machine, with hundreds of wires sprouting from behind it. He grabbed the headset and flipped a switch, listening for the citywide wave of feedback he would definitely hear. After he heard it, he spoke into the microphone.

"Attention, people of Lyn'Knoll. Please evacuate your residences and make your way to the westernmost point of the valley. A large chasm has opened on the eastern end of the valley and is spreading outward. It should reach the Seawall in..." He calculated its rate of spreading with lightning fast math. ".. three days. By then, each and every one of you should be on a boat, bound for your homeland. I repeat, evacuate your homes and make your way to the Seawall. You will be loaded onto ships bound for your homeland, or wherever you need to go." He sighed, flipping off the switch. He stood up and set the headset down onto the table, stepping slowly outside. He saw people emerging from their homes, heading towards the Seawall without question. He guessed that hundreds of years of living in danger had drilled the understanding that the ruling body of Lyn'Knoll meant business, and to follow their orders as effectively as possible. Almost like Basitin, he thought.

Kimblee rounded a corner and hurried his pace as he saw the automobile. Marisol had left a quick note, telling him that they'd left for the Seawall with everyone else and would wait for him on top of it. He nodded and tossed the note aside, starting the auto's engine. He made his way down the road and skidded to a halt as he came upon the chasm. It was advancing faster than he'd thought. This is bad.

Kameron smiled his demonic smile as Dragon Battalion emerged from the chasm. There he was, in his automobile. The Maiar. He ordered his men to charge as he unsheathed Jaxon's sword, proud of himself. They were finally taking the surface. The world would once more be in darkness. Maybe the Maiar would even join them!
Certified Jojo fan

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#33 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

[insert generic apology for lateness here]

Chapter 27

Hello, Darkness, My Old Friend

Kimblee stepped back as one of the armored creatures approached him. It extended its hand to him, a letter written on grey, ashy parchment within. He took it and read.

Maiar, half spirit, this is your only chance. Join us and your family will be spared. Help us destroy Lyn’Knoll and the rest of the surface and you will be rewarded greatly. Attempt to stop us and we will destroy you as well. Choose wisely.

Kimblee looked at the note in shock. Protection… was it worth it? And how much of his family did they mean? He looked up at the creature and handed the note back, folding it neatly. He shook his head sadly, knowing that they would only use him. The creature snarled, turning back around to return the note to its masters. Kimblee got back into his auto and turn the ignition. The thing sputtered and died, and he had no choice but to deliver the explosives himself. He opened the trunk and grabbed a briefcase. Inside was a large black mana crystal. He would use it to create massive explosion, most likely destroying the entirety of them.. and himself. But it would be worth it, he thought. Wouldn’t it? So many people will get to keep on living.. he ground his teeth as he hefted the briefcase. The black mana was heavier than even he could handle, and it landed on the ground with a thud. He opened the case and discovered the crystal missing. In its place was a huge hunk of iron, cut neatly to fit into the briefcase like a glove. I know what’s cut this… Marisol, he thought.

Marisol took flight from the Seawall. She made her way to the crevice and floated above it, watching Kimblee. She then swooped down and grabbed him, bringing him back towards the Wall. It didn’t take long for them to get there, but in the meantime, Kimblee and Marisol spoke.

“They offered me protection,” he said. She looked down at him momentarily before returning her gaze to the skyline. “They said they’d spare you guys.”

“You didn’t accept, did you?”

“Of course not. Would you have?”

Marisol thought for a moment. “No, I wouldn’t have.” She remained silent, but as she landed them on the Seawall, she yelped in pain. Kimblee turned her around and discovered a small metal spear stuck in her back. Another note was tied to it, wet with Marisol’s blood. Kimblee removed the spear and laid Marisol on her side, slipping her shirt off slowly. He looked around for a human or Keidran, but there were none to be seen. So he picked her up and carried her inside, finding a doctor and demanding she receive medical attention. The doctor told him no, and at this he roared a ferocious roar that he didn’t even know he had inside of him. The teeny doctor was scared beyond terrified and led him into an emergency room, eyes wide and shaking. Kimblee set Marisol in the bed, again on her side, but with her back facing the doctor. He left before she could get a statement, a familiar rage building inside of him.

Kameron frowned. “I figured he’d relish the chance for salvation.” He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. “No matter. Begin the assault. Make sure nobody leaves.”

Kimblee slid down the side of the Seawall, hitting the ground with a crack of the cement. Walking forward, he grabbed the nearest lamppost and began to sharpen its edges on a rock. Meanwhile, a mysterious woman in seemingly metal garb ran past him, blades where her hands should be and a mask over her mouth and nose. Kimblee smiled devilishly. His ‘sword’ was complete, and he ran down the same road that the metal lady had run down. He saw her round a corner and he followed. When he was close enough, he tapped her shoulder. She stopped and spun around, ready to cut his throat. He stepped back, raising his hands.

“Relax,” he said, though his voice wasn’t really helping. It was still a low, demonic grumble. “I’m a friend. I hope,” he added. The girl narrowed her eyes at him before slowly removing her mask.

“You’d better” wheeze “be.” She took a drag of air through the mask. “My name” wheeze “is Amelia.”

“Mine is Kimblee.” A loud boom rang out through the city and a tower to their left crumbled to dust. He and Amelia took off towards the crevice, which was now flooded with Daekil and their war machines. Kimblee scowled as he realized that they were massively outgunned.

“We should leave..” he began as a large object struck his leg. He looked down to realize that he had been impaled through the calf, and he let out a small roar. He swiftly ripped it out, charged it with as much of his energy as possible, and lobbed it back to wherever it came from. The resulting sonic boom jerked him from his anger and told him to flee. He looked behind him. Amelia was attempting to get his attention, and he stumbled over to her.

“I think” wheeze “you’re right, Kimblee.” She slipped her mask back over her mouth and nose and began to run down the road. Kimblee tried to follow, but he couldn’t stand. Amelia ran back over to him, attempting to lift him up, but she only nudged him before he grabbed at her necklace. He broke it off of her and held the mana crystals in his hand. She watched as they slowly turned black, then crumbled. The tendons and muscles in Kimblee’s leg began to writhe and jump, eventually tethering themselves back together. He stood up, kicked his leg and ran back towards the Seawall, Amelia close behind. When they reached the docks on the other side, Marisol was being carried by an old-looking Keidran fellow, who seemed oddly familiar.

“Hello, Master Keiser,” the fox said.

Kimblee looked at him with wonder. “Sjin?” The fox nodded, smiling. With an incline of his head, he indicated an old boat setting nearby. Gneison’s boat, if Kimblee’s memory served him well. He turned to Amelia.

“You’re welcome to come with us,” he offered. She shook her head.

Removing her mask, Amelia looked at Marisol, Sjin and Kimblee with sad eyes. “I can’t” wheeze “while there are” wheeze “still people here.”

Kimblee nodded. “I understand.” His eyes widened as his fur began to turn back to its normal brown and his form shrank back to his normal 4’10.

“Well, this is the real me,” he said, smiling. Amelia smiled grimly and took off down the pier. Kimblee watched her leave, then turned around.

“We should go.”
Certified Jojo fan

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#34 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Accidental doubly post is accidental.
Certified Jojo fan

red.wolf
Merchant

#35 Post by red.wolf »

Double post? I guess its been a while since i read this but I forgot some names, like the fox i really dont remember.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#36 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Butler, when Kimblee's granduncle, Kieth Keiser III, was alive, before the house toppled and crushed him.

EDIT: Just noticed what you meant. I have no clue how that happened. It's fixed, nao.
Certified Jojo fan

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: War of the Dark Ones

#37 Post by Bellhead »

Finally caught up. That took longer than I thought...

I wonder how he's going to face a dragon army with a faulty demonic form..? Maybe this is where Kyoden becomes the savior of the people!

Too bad Lyn'Knoll got destroyed... I liked that place.

Like the story a lot. Makes me want to read more.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#38 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Bellhead wrote:Finally caught up. That took longer than I thought...

I wonder how he's going to face a dragon army with a faulty demonic form..? Maybe this is where Kyoden becomes the savior of the people!

Too bad Lyn'Knoll got destroyed... I liked that place.

Like the story a lot. Makes me want to read more.
Thank you.

I'll pm you spoilers if you want, but I won't put them here.
Certified Jojo fan

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#39 Post by Bellhead »

Thanks, but I'd rather read the story, honestly. It's a good one, and I wouldn't want to spoil it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#40 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Sounds good to me.
Certified Jojo fan

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#41 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Whoo! Has it been over a month since my last update? Sorry, guys. 3lazy5me.

Chapter 28

Fleeing from Paradise

Kyoden woke up at daybreak, and, heading up to the deck of the ship, reminded himself of yesterday’s events. His father had returned, Lyn’Knoll destroyed, and they were heading towards… he looked at the sun in the horizon. Feeling his cartography skills coming to a good use, he judged that their destination resided in the free East.

Medora was snoring happily when a bit of turbulence rocked the boat. She fell out of her bed and landed on the floor with a thud, shaking her head as she lie there. A minute later she stood up, still stumbling from the boat's rocking. She slipped on a gown and proceeded onto the deck, where Kyoden was leaning on a railing. He looked over to her, mumbling a good morning. She waved to him and took a place next to him, leaning over the railing. She felt a sudden feeling of ill, and barely stopped herself from vomitting.

Meanwhile, Marisol slept soundly next to Kimblee, who was in the middle of an enticing dream.

"... and the parachute comes right out," someone said above roaring winds. Kimblee looked over. The person was human, wearing some odd kind of suit. It looked to be made of leather, but was also very stretchy. Maybe some kind of painted cloth. He looked down at himself. He was wearing one of those suits too, as well as a backpack with strings and cords hanging out. The other man shook Kimblee's shoulder and jumped out of the plane, laughing like a maniac. Kimblee jumped after him in an attempt to save him somehow. He shifted forward into a face dive, and caught the man in a few seconds.

"Good," the man yelled over the wind. "Now pull the cord!" Kimblee looked at him, confused. The guy grabbed at a cord on Kimblee's backpack and showed it to him. Kimblee grabbed it and yanked it, letting the parachute to billow out behind him. It soon caught on the wind, and it pulled him upward and away from the man, who fell out of his grasp with a frown.

Kimblee woke in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. Marisol shifted next to him, but remained asleep. He stroked the side of her face and flicked away a strand of her hair before returning to slumber. This time, he dreamt of a harrowingly frightful black figure, tall as the sky. An arm reached out to Kimblee, and he slapped at it. The figure withdrew its hand and looked away. It became apparent that the figure was made entirely of darkness and shadows. It spoke to Kimblee in a long dead language, but Kimblee could understand every word.

"Maiar kron kel dul kel okh rhan; Sleep now, Maiar, now is your time. Kras doh mons unslyf drak luak; Kras the Destroyer rises to plague your world. Diid qil nat wyrm; the Dragon you must defeat. Frihn Kras dun wyrm vos niin alok; for Kras is weakened to the power of a Dragon. Ansil gen abkhan yod wyrm diid voh kuun; and by killing it, you can absorb the Dragon's power. Grys val tuman niin Suna'id; go now, with my mark of Shadow.

Kimblee's eyes fluttered open to see daylight pouring through drawn curtains. Marisol stood by the dresser, slipping a pair of underwear up her legs. Kimblee blushed through his fur, and Marisol laughed.

"Come on," she said. "We've been together for a long time. We have eleven year old children. You shouldn't be embarrassed to see my--"

"Stop. I'm still a child on the inside," he joked. Laughing with him, she came over to the bed and helped pull Kimblee to his feet. As he turned around to make the bed, she noticed large amounts of black fur on his back and gasped.

"What?" he asked, turning around. She spun him back around without saying a word, studying the markings. They seemed to take the shape of some kind of bird; a raven, she guessed. "What is it?" he asked again. She faced him away from the wall mirror and gave him a handheld one to look through. He gazed through it and through the mirror behind him at his back, furrowing his brow as he noticed the markings. He looked at the ouroboros on his hand, then back to his back. He guessed that those markings would glow purple just like the ouroboros.

"That certainly is odd," Marisol said aloud. Kimblee nodded in agreement. Slipping on a shirt, he heard, or rather felt, a familiar voice. Heading out to the hallway, the voice became more clear and he recognized it right away. He emerged on deck with Marisol behind him to find Lady Nora chatting with his children.

<And then, when the man tried to shoot me, I curved the bullet in midair and made it tap harmlessly against his forehead. He didn't try to shoot me again, but the other kept coming at me with his sword, so I turned the blade into cheese. He hit me with it, but it kind of broke,> she said before noticing Kimblee and Marisol, who were smiling. Kyoden laughed, and Medora chuckled a bit. Nora turned herself into a cat and leaped up onto the railing, licking her arm. <Hello, Kimblee,> she said softly.

"Hello, Nora," he replied. "I wish I could give you a hug. I haven't seen or spoken to you in eleven years." At this, Marisol elbowed him in the side, and Nora's cat eyes widened.

<Of course!> she exclaimed. <How could I forget?> She hopped down from the ledge and seemed to smile. Slowly, she began to take humanoid shape. Then, long white hair flowed down off of her head, as well as some white hair in other place. She gave Kimblee a squeezing hug, which earned him a very angered look from Marisol.

"Uh, Nora? C-could you, maybe.. make some clothes.. and wear them?" he asked nervously.

"Mmmm, why?" she said, speaking from her body and not her mind.

"Because my son is staring, my daughter is blushing and my wife is very, very angry with me. That, and she's my wife, and I have a wife," he said, still being hugged by a fully nude human-Nora, who almost immediately conjured some clothes and released Kimblee.

"Sorry.." she said, slightly embarrassed. Marisol glared right at her before bursting into laughter.

"You thought I was serious, Kimblee?" she said when she had finished. "Nora's a dragon."

"Mmm, didn't stop some people.." she said aloud. <Wouldn't stop you, either,> she tried to whisper into Marisol's mind, failing miserably. Instead, everyone heard her from the back of their mind. Marisol's faced turned beet red beneath her fur, and she resumed glaring at Nora. "Woops! Sorry, Marisol. That was meant for just you.."

Medora palmed her face. "You're all a bunch of sexual deviants," she said before returning below deck.

Sjin came running up on deck, patting Medora's shoulder on her way down. He looked at Nora and stared, breathless. After a few seconds, he pointed at her.

"How did you get aboard this ship? I made sure that there were no stowaways!" he said.

"I flew," Nora said, jumping off of the side of the boat and soaring out of the water on the other side in dragon form. Sjin only stared, mesmerized.

"Don't looks so surprised, friend," Kimblee said. "We know many strange people."

Nora accompanied the group as far as 12 miles out from the town of Sil, their destination. After that, they sailed in shallow water to avoid being destroyed by any determined sea creatures. When they reached Sil, they immediately booked 2 rooms at the beachside inn. Afterwards, they went to the city hall and asked to see the governor.

"I don't know what this is about, but be quick," the human governor grumbled. Kimblee pulled the official military report from his coat and handed it to the governor, who looked at it, then them, perplexed. He ordered his bodyguard to shut them in his office and asked them all to have a seat.

"How do you know of Lyn'Knoll?" he asked. Kimblee shrugged. Honestly, he couldn't remember.

It was Marisol who answered. "We've lived there for 12 years," she said. The governor leaned back in his chair and read the report. When he finished, he removed his glasses and set the paper down.

"Please", he said blankly. "Call me Josiah." He breathed in sharply and cleared his throat. "Where are you all going to be staying?" he asked.

"The Addenburg Inn," Kimblee answered.

"Under what name?" asked Josiah.

"Sjin Kelly," answered Sjin.

"Alright," Josiah said. "You'll be staying there free of charge while we arrange transport for you to the Central East. The president will want to see this."
Certified Jojo fan

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#42 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Been devoting much more attention to this. Here ya go.

Ps.: might be a bit of a raw version; expect a few errors.

Chapter 29

Horsepower

Kimblee dove into the ocean after his son, practicing his breaststroke and teaching it to Kyoden at the same time. After a while, Kyoden had mastered it, and they came out of the water sore and laughing.

Marisol had taken Medora to her first sauna, and she had put an "Out of Order" sign on the door to insure no others came in to disturb them.

"So," Marisol began. "What do you think of your father?"

Medora looked up in surprise, then looked towards the wall, thinking. "He's... nice, I guess. And he looks a lot like Kyo.. or, Kyo looks a lot like him..." she trailed off.

"Do you think he'd have raised you and Kyo well?" Marisol asked. This surprised Medora as well, and she waited a while before answering.

"I.. I think so, yeah."

Marisol smiled, then peered down at the floor.

"He and you are really great together, you know," Medora said, surprising Marisol this time. "The way you look at each other, the way you speak.. you're still in love, even after all these years." Medora sighed. "Reminds me of Kyo and Valerie."

Marisol nodded. Valerie was a pretty Basitin that Kyoden had gone to school with. He and her had formed a relationship, and they were together all of the time. Kyoden was only 9 when this happened. About the same age Marisol'd met Kimblee. And now they had children. If Valerie hadn't have fallen ill, her and Kyoden might still be together. A sound snapped Marisol from her thoughts. A knocking at the door. She peeked out the opening, with Medora behind her. Kimblee and Kyoden were waiting for them. Marisol wrapped a towel around her naked body and so did Medora, and they stepped out. Kimblee's jaw practically fell off. The last time Marisol had looked this beautiful to him was eleven years ago, in the frigid pond under the bridge. When he'd discovered his.. his Instinct.

Gods, he hadn't thought of Instinct in a very long time. Yet he was blessed with a constant reminder of when his soul split and he was granted the title of Maiar.

"So, what next?" Medora inquired.

"Now," Kimblee answered, "you switch with your brother and do something with me."

"Like what?" Medora asked.

"Whatever you want." Medora's eyes lit up. She knew just what to do. As she led Kimblee away, he turned to get one last look at his beautiful wife-to-be.

Medora's mind had immediately gone to horses. She loved horses; to her, horses were the most beautiful creatures on this planet. She had always wanted a horse, and she'd been promised one on her eleventh birthday, but it never came. The stableman had been cheated out of the horse. At least, that's what they'd been told. She didn't know how much of that she could believe. But she knew that there had to be horses somewhere in Sil, and they were going to find them.

Marisol knew exactly what Kyoden wanted to do: race. Ever since his fifth birthday, Kyoden had loved to watch big automobiles blunder down a course, all vying to cross the finish line first. He had been allowed to stay up until almost 1 am to watch the first televised broadcast. Now, he raced smaller vehicles: they were pretty much just a motor, wheels, a seat and the frame. He became a master of sharp turns, cutting off, T-boning, and motor combat. He had won eight medals.

Sjin, Kimblee and Marisol had selected Sil because it had these things: the horses, the cart races. They knew that the trauma of losing their home could be countered, so they did their best to do so.

As they approached the track, Kyoden's anticipation only grew. "Are we really..!?" he would mutter. When Marisol bought two tickets and handed him one, he practically burst. The carts in this place were professional grade. He'd only ever driven one of those once. He had won that race, of course. But he had always wanted to do it again. It was challenging. The normal carts consisted of the motor, all the attachments, the steering box, the wheels, the axles, the brakes, and the frame. That was it. But professional grade.. those were practically miniature stock cars. In addition to all of what the normal ones had, professional grade was equipped with a cage, suspension that could launch you into the air and break the fall, gear shift, and sometimes even weapons. They were what you wanted to drive, but you had to have a special licence to drive one if you were under 16. Luckily, he had his. He showed it to the admittor and stepped out onto the track. He picked the orange #3 cart, put on a helmet, and turned the ignition. The thing roared to life and Kyoden smiled. Marisol had picked the cart next to him, #4, and started her cart as well. As the light changed from red to green, Kyoden tore out of the start and into first place. #2 tried to flip him upside down, but Kyoden simply engaged his suspension jump and flew into the air. He landed on top of #2, totaling his engine. This was a combat race, he could immediately tell. As he inched his way off of the broken cart, #1 and Marisol sped past, Marisol attempting to take down #1. She leaned left, then slammed into #1's side, making him run on two wheels for a moment. In this time, Kyoden rammed his back corner, which spun #1 almost a full 180 degrees. He caught up with Marisol and smiled at her innocently before ramming her side and stealing first as they crossed the finish line. He let the car slow to a stop before getting out, watching as the 18 other carts(besides #2) pulled up and the drivers cursed with frustration. He smiled as he was later given a small bag of silver coins for winning first place and Marisol received five silver coins. They laughed and joked on their way back to the inn. The sun was setting over a small mountain that was the beginning of the range Lyn'Knoll had been nestled in, and Kimblee was leaning on the balcony's railing. When Marisol and Kyoden came in, he indicated the plates of food on the table. A prime rib rested on each, sided by peas and yams.

"Where's Medora?" Kyoden asked.

"She's in the restroom," he answered. "She doesn't know about the food yet, so shh!" Kyoden laughed and Marisol smiled her beautiful smile. Kimblee's heart still melted every time Marisol smiled. It always left him wondering what happened to her when he smiled. Hopefully something really good, he thought.
Certified Jojo fan

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#43 Post by Bellhead »

Good for them, getting the chance to relax. I sure hope the "dragon" the darkness mentioned isn't Nora... I kinda like her.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#44 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Chapter 30

Eastern Hospitality

Kimblee smiled to Kyoden and Medora before setting them up into the carriage. He took Marisol's hand and helped her in before sitting in the back-facing seat. They were on their way to Cienna, the capitol of the free east. The carriage, instead of being horse-drawn, had a magnificent automaton to pull it faster than any horse could. As they left, Kimblee waved good-bye to Sjin and Nora, who had shown up in the early morning. When they were well on their way, Kimblee lay on the seat, stretching out. His back popped loudly, and Kyoden laughed.

"What?" Kimblee asked.

"Your back, dad! That was so loud!" Kyoden answered. Medora and Marisol began to giggle a bit.

"You too? Oh well. Guess it's 'gang up on Dad' day." He smiled as well, laying back to close his eyes.

"Wait," Marisol said. Kimblee opened his right eye just a smigeon to look at her.

"Hmm?"

"What if.." She sighed. "Nevermind."

Kimblee sat up. "No, ask away."

Marisol sighed again. "What if something.. happens while you're out?" Kimblee smiled warmly at her, resting his hand on her knee.

"Nothing's going to happen. And if it does, I'll do my damnedest to stop it." He stretched again, shutting his eyes. "And you know how hard I can try." Marisol nodded, resting her head on Kyoden's to get some shuteye of her own.

A bump of the carriage woke Kimblee with a start. He opened his eyes to see the sky turning sideways before realizing the cart was being tipped. He rolled out of the top and onto the road, coughing. Looking up, he saw a few fairly large men come around the side. He quickly stood up, and turned to face them.

"What the hell?! This was our ride!" he shouted.

"We know," the biggest one growled. Kimblee took a second to assess the group: two humans, one of them the biggest, and a particularly large Basitin. Shouldn't be too difficult, he thought, his fur already beginning to darken. The tattoos on his back and the Ouraboros began to glow purple, and his claws elongated. His fur also grew out a bit, along with his hair, which grew wild.

"Well, maybe you should properly size up your opponents next time!" he yelled, charging the big one. Off to his side, something flashed, knocking him from his attack. His muscles jerked and seized, then went numb. He lay on the side of the road, smoke rising from his body.

Kimblee woke, startled again. He looked around to see a burning hole straight through the forest. Scanning over the vicinity, he found no signs of his wife or children. He ran into the burnt wood, shifting rapidly into demon form. He followed it to a desolate area, ash and burnt tree stumps all around. In the distance, he saw the group of men who assaulted him, along with twelve more. Something had happened, and he'd failed to stop it.

As Marisol was grabbed from the carriage, she panicked. She tried to hit her attacker, and when that failed, to call out to Kimblee, but the thug had covered her mouth with his giant hand. He threw her to the ground, burying her face in the road. The carriage came to a slow stop as the driver fell off of the seat, dead. The automaton-horse simply stared ahead, mindless. Marisol shifted into her angelic form, and attempted to fly from her attacker. She managed to get into the air before being grabbed again and slammed back to the groud. The giant stood over her, reaching down. She felt every crevice, every ridge of his hands as they grabbed her wings at the base. A feeling of dread flooded through her; was he going to...

Marisol screamed through another grunt's hand as her wings were torn from her back. Blood flowed freely from the stumps, and she soon lost consciousness. The thugs took Medora ad Kyoden with ease, not even waking them. They didn't need to incapacitate them; they weren't a threat bound, and were needed back in one piece. The mother.. not as much. Reynald cared little for appearances. They made their way to the edge of the road, leaving their three biggest men behind to take care of the father. One stepped forward, brandishing a mana crystal. The forest erupted into flames, clearing a path for the group to easily carry their precious cargo.

Kimblee caught up with the band of mercenaries in a few minutes, approaching one from behind. He put his fist through the thug's chest, a look of psychopathic rage on his gray face. One down, he thought. Fourteen to go. As it turned out, the man he'd just killed was the one who electrocuted him, and he smiled. Nothing to slow him down now.

An iron net soared through the air, trapping Kimblee, and burning him as well. He screamed in agony, while discovering something new: iron burns. He was soon surrounded, with ten thugs and four mages in total. He could see the fire and lightning sizzling and jumping from their hands as they prepared to incinerate him. He sat still, glaring at them. The net was lifted, and the burning ceased, but a new burning rose inside. He smiled his rage-delirious smile as the surrounding area was pushed outward, thugs, grass, dirt, rocks and all. It didn't quite reach the iron cage his family was kept in, but a large rock hit the side, denting the bars. The mercenaries, on the other hand, stood their ground, for the most part, shielded with magic. As the shielding ended, they dropped into the crater Kimblee had created, the now compacted rock hard as steel. Probably as sharp, too, Kimblee thought. He smashed his fist into the earth, picking up a long shattered piece of rock to use as a blade. He swung it, clipping a few mercenaries on their shoulders and decapitating one. He laughed maniacally, and charged forward to impale one of the wounded ones. He ran him through, but not without being shot in the back with hot iron. He screamed, turning to see the non-mages aiming high-powered rifles at him.

"Move another inch, and you'll be blown to pieces," a mage said, already directing a flame to rest neatly underneath Kimblee's chin. "Or I'll just sear open your throat." Kimblee growled deeply at him, causing a harmless flare of purple electricity that dissapated the fire. "Oh well. We've still got ten hand-cannons aimed at your head."

"You [censored]!" Kimblee bellowed.

"Change," said the leader, a large wolf Keidran in black-steel armor. Kimblee looked at him sideways. "Change or we kill your daughter, then drown your wife in her blood!" Kimblee snapped his jaws at the wolf, slowly changing back to normal. A man approached him, knocking him over with the butt of his rifle. He lay in the grass as he was bound with the same black-steel the leader wore. Another slipped a slightly familiar necklace over his head, though Kimblee couldn't think clearly enough to remember what it was. The cage containing his family lurched forward.

"Dad!" Medora yelled out. Kimblee looked up, creasing his brow. "Dad, no!"

"Honey! Listen to me, okay?" Medora nodded, her face wet with tears. "I need you and your brother to take care of yourselves and your mother, yeah?" Kyoden, grabbing the bars, nodded as well. "I'll find you, okay? Just stay good! Don't give them any reason to hurt you!" He clenched his eyelids shut. "And... just do what they say."

Soon, the cage was out of earshot, and he could no longer say his goodbyes. The same three men that ambushed him before were left behind, except the one he'd killed. They approached him cautiously, one aiming his rifle at Kimblee's forehead. He looked to the others, wary.

"Do we have to kill him? Why not just.. y'know, leave him here? Bound?" he asked his comrades.

"Because, stupid," the mage answered. "He'll kill us. You know who he is. Put a bullet in his head and let's get the horses and leave." The gunman looked back to Kimblee.

"I'll be sure to spare you," Kimblee spat as the gunman pulled the trigger.
Certified Jojo fan

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#45 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Chapter 31

Hell is Real

Kimblee had always wodered what it felt like to actually die.

Were there a few moments of peace, of bliss, before falling asleep?

Or was it the most painful thing anybody could ever endure?

As it turns out, the former. The bullet hurt at first, sure. But then it wiped out his body, leaving him a soul in a corpse. And since souls don't feel pain without bodies, he had a great time. He forgot all about the kidnapping. He forgot all about death. To him, he and his family were back in Lyn'Knoll, enjoying life. To him, he was as happy as one could ever be. Soon, though, everything vanished. His home, his life. His daughter vanished from his arms, and he only felt sorrow and despair. A figure appeared to him. Great, he thought. This thing again, come to claim my soul.

"Not just yet," it answered.

Kimblee was surprised. "You heard that?"

"This is a plane of the mind. There are no secrets here."

"Fine, then. What are you?"

"Well... some call me Death, some call me Life, some even call me a god. But mostly, they call me the gatekeeper and master of Enfers."

"Drenl'id," Kimblee muttered.

"Exactly! Proud of you, Kimblee! You've grown up, you know that, right?"

Kimblee only stared.

"Fine. Don't acknowledge your maturity."

"Get me back to my family."

"Oh, no. No, no, no.. that isn't how this works."

"Yeah? Then free them." Kimblee waited. "That's what I thought."

"There's something you don't understand, Kimblee. I've wanted your juicy soul served medium-rare since the dawn of this age. But.. every time, you elude me. In fact, last time, you abused a loophole in the rules of damnation."

"Yeah? What loophole was that?"

"You had forgotten all of your sins. Not out of ignorance, or a simple bump on the head, no. A diety took them from you. Not only is that against the dietic rules, it voids all of your sinning from the moment you wake up. Essentially, you didn't kill those thousands of Keidran. So we couldn't keep you."

Kimblee smiled. "That's quite a loophole. I feel smart."

"Well, you shouldn't!"

"Easy! You said I killed thousands of Keidran?"

"Yes, every single one you got your hands on."

"That really doesn't sound like me."

"It wasn't you.. so to speak. It was a crazed madman bent on human domination. You just happened to inhabit his body."

"Give me my family," Kimblee demanded again.

"I can't do that, and you know it. You're dead now, Kimblee. You'll have to find them in the next life." Death smiled evilly. "Who knows.. maybe you'll be sweet Medora's rape child."

Kimblee couldn't contain himself any more. He practically burst with anger.

"GIVE ME MY FAMILY!" The black around him seemed to darken as he suddenly towered above Death, who sighed with annoyance.

"You know what? Fine. I'll put you back up there to find your family."

Kimblee returned to his normal, puny self. "You will?!"

"Yes, yes, but on one condition."

"Name it."

"Once you die again, that's it. No more coming back."

"That's fine."

"Really? You won't ever be resurrected again, and danger likes you."

"So?"

"You also won't be reincarnated. In essence.. you'll be mine, forever."

"Am I flinching?"

"Fine. Off you go. But remember, and I mean really remember: this is the last time you evade death, Kimblee Kaiser."

Color flooded back into Kimblee's field of view as his soul found his body again. He opened his eyes, hearing three voices. He stood up, finding them walking away. The one who had reluctantly killed him on the left, he made sure to note. After all, a promise is a promise.
Certified Jojo fan