NaNoWriMo 2011!

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Nikolai-097
Templar GrandMaster

NaNoWriMo 2011!

#1 Post by Nikolai-097 »

Since I didn't see it anywhere else...

WHOO! A psuedo-official board for those who are doing NaNo and/or those who want to know what's going on. This is here instead of the Story Board, since rather than posting stories here, anyone who is doing this can ask for help, give help, or just announce how much closer to victory you are.

For those who do not know what this NaNoWriMo thingy is, I present you with a link because it explains it rather more succinctly then I could and should you decide to join, you don't have to go looking for the site!

http://www.nanowrimo.org

I'll keep a nice little list here (updated when I get around to it) of people's usernames on NaNo so if you want thme for writing buddies, you can look them up easier. Good luck for those of you who are brave/crazy enough to attempt this, may the Muse be with you!
(EDIT: Of course in my foolishness, I forgot to start the list. Do'h!)

NANO USERNAME LIST
HorusTheWarmaster - Nikolai-097
Scytalle - Scytalle
MrAmoeba - MrFlyingAmoeba
Talaisan - Talaisan
BroadwaySport - TheNewGirl
y7h65 - y7h65
I will also punish without hesitation the weak, the incompetent, and the treasonous.— Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt

ALWAYS ANGRY! ALL THE TIME!-Angry Marines Battle Cry

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

Re: NaNoWriMo 2011!

#2 Post by Scytalle »

I tried last year and failed epically. This year I'm approaching it a bit differently. I am in the middle of writing a large story and have been for a few years. Last year I started something new as they encourage you to, but wasn't really attached to it and lost interest. So this year, I'm going to continue to work on this project as my novel.

Regardless, my username is Scytalle

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#3 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

I'm thinking about doing it, but my mind isn't giving me anything that I could use as a full-length novel, and I would feel quite angry at myself if I dropped it halfway because I couldn't go on. UserName MrAmoeba.
EDIT- Bleh, no good. My ideas aren't presenting themselves in the form of something I could write spontaneously for that length.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Talaisan »

It is a well known fact that I am elbows deep in this. With an identical username, even.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by TheNewGirl »

Nic I am so disappointed that you didn't post my username (BroadwaySport) here. Anyway, I'm trying scifi this year. Woot woot.
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."

bigro
Grand Templar

#6 Post by bigro »

hmm...seems like something I could do....I mean, a month is usually my attention span on one particular idea S:P then it all falls to crap...

anyhow, I'll be watching this, might not write anything but i'll definitely watch.

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#7 Post by Kinuki »

I admire the guys who're able to write an entire novel in just one month.

They must be Asimovs on crack!
Finally, the evil plan revealed!

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Talaisan »

On top of my 11 hour work day, I've also managed nearly 1000 words so far. I'm hoping to hit another 1000 before I crash out tonight. Only one job tomorrow, maybe I can get a this chapter wrapped up.

The entire story is now being hosted on Google Docs (link in my sig) so that I can work on it from anywhere. Whatever chapter is currently in progress is subject to change rapidly and frequently, but after I start the next chapter, it won't change unless I really, really need it to.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.

Glitcher
Templar Master

#9 Post by Glitcher »

I thought about participating last year, but never really got around to it. This year I have a really good idea, and have already started writing, so I might give it a try.
ImageImageImage

Nikolai-097
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by Nikolai-097 »

Glitcher, if you do start, what's your username for NaNo?

Very nice Talaisan, I understand your situation, even if I don't work nearly that long. Keep going you can do it!

TNG, I'm sorry :(. I didn't know if you were using the same account this year though. I started a new one cause I couldn't remember my old one.

I'm gunning for 2k words tonight, though I dunno if I'll complete it as I planned...
I will also punish without hesitation the weak, the incompetent, and the treasonous.— Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt

Glitcher
Templar Master

#11 Post by Glitcher »

Ok, I've registered under "Glitcher"
ImageImageImage

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Talaisan »

2497. At that rate, I'll finish on the 20th. And tomorrow, I only work until 8 AM, and no other major interferences at all, all day. I want to crank out at least 5k tomorrow.

Nikolai-097
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by Nikolai-097 »

1631 tonight. Somewhat shy of my hope, but there is tomorrow to make up for that! Congrats to all those who have survived day one!

Yash
Administrator

#14 Post by Yash »

Story board, you silly geese.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#15 Post by y7h65 »

Hell yeah! My name's the same on NaNoWriMo as it is here, y7h65. I've actually almost hit 2000 words and I've only been writing for two and a half hour in total... Damn Television keeps distracting me. EDIT: Ended first day with a solid 2678 words. Still have to edit the main character's dialogue to include her accent though, so that might drop my word count a bit.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.