Marian - Linked within, updated 15JAN12

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Should this heavily NSFW story be posted to this board?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Yes
50%
No
No votes
Maybe
50%
I don't know
No votes

Total votes: 8

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

Marian - Linked within, updated 15JAN12

#1 Post by Talaisan »

Okay, I have a fairly large chunk of story written, and I want to post it to a larger audience than it has so far reached. But, it's got a heavy dose of erotica elements in it already, and is going to be delving deep into BDSM territory. I know that, if properly tagged, such things can be posted here without breaking the rules. I can, I'm just not sure if I should.

So, how about it, do you guys want to see a furry romance/action/adventure/erotica/fetish story?

Chapters 1 to 4 and 5 to ?
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Marian - Not posted yet, taking input

#2 Post by Insomniac »

I'm conflicted on this matter. I don't know if it should be posted here. From what I've seen, a good amount of the members here are mature enough. Then again, it's a moot point for me, since I can see it on that hidden la costa nostra (Italian for 'this thing of ours'), so it doesn't really affect me much if it's posted here. I think that, if we can get the mods to work out a way to password protect threads so that only people we know are mature enough to handle it are given access, then it wouldn't be an issue. For now though, should it be posted? A definite maybe.

[edit]I'm changing my answer. Yes! Absolutely yes! I know more than a few peeps who'd love this story...particularly the latest part posted, and what it's surely leading to...
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

xamali
Grand Templar

#3 Post by xamali »

I don't think the forums should have this content. I know, though, of a site you could publish this:
http://www.writing.com/
And then you can link it here, or whatever.
Hope it helps :grin: .
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4 Post by tony1695 »

The first three parts, I would like to see. The last two... Call me odd, but I can only deal with that if it's completely heterosexual. Not that I won't read it, just saying.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Talaisan »

tony1695 wrote:The first three parts, I would like to see. The last two... Call me odd, but I can only deal with that if it's completely heterosexual. Not that I won't read it, just saying.
The vast majority of it will be hetero sexual, just by virtue of who the main characters are. There may at times be a lesbian thing, or an extra guy or girl involved with the main two.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

#6 Post by avengedplatypus »

Talaisan wrote:
tony1695 wrote:The first three parts, I would like to see. The last two... Call me odd, but I can only deal with that if it's completely heterosexual. Not that I won't read it, just saying.
The vast majority of it will be hetero sexual, just by virtue of who the main characters are. There may at times be a lesbian thing, or an extra guy or girl involved with the main two.
AAANNNND now im interested in reading it....
I tend to avoid any adult story (besides MLP clopfics... so sue me...). But by god.... I kinda skimmed through the first part... im going to go back and read the WHOLE thing now...

My vote is yes... with warnings of course..

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Talaisan »

Nothing but yes and maybe? So far, so good. platypusman, If you want to avoid the smut, you can in the beginning, but as things go on, you'll notice that the plot and the smut intertwine more and more. That part's going to stay true until the current arc is done. The story is currently at 16000 words. I anticipate this arc taking at least another 30000, if not far, far more.

xamali, can I ask why you don't want to see such stories on this forum? Barring the fact that there are already many adult stories here?

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#8 Post by Insomniac »

Talaisan wrote: xamali, can I ask why you don't want to see such stories on this forum? Barring the fact that there are already many adult stories here?
I must admit I'm curious about this too. I mean, heck, just look a couple threads down at the MLP (Adult) thread.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

xamali
Grand Templar

#9 Post by xamali »

Talaisan wrote:xamali, can I ask why you don't want to see such stories on this forum? Barring the fact that there are already many adult stories here?
Well, if there were other's, I didn't see... so far I only saw one, and it was a link to the real thing. It's not I'm against reading the material, I actually tend to like it, and would, if there was a link. It's just that I'm not sure if the forum was supposed to have this material, but if there already are stories with adult content, then, I don't see why not.
Please don't take me wrong, I just spoke what I thought at first. :P
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Ironworks »

I do see Xamali's point here. Links to naughty things rather than naughty thing being posted, much as required in the drawing board.
This is partially why I am voting maybe at this point as well. I feel as though it's the mere having access to such things on the forum which can be a bit questionable. Not only could it spark a conflict with the rules, but a lot of the community I feel shoulnt be exposed to it on the twokinds forums directly. The comic does bring a lot of younger and immature (age sense, not insulting anyone) readers to the forums here, and something such as an erotica story on said forums could be a bad mistake for those kids merely exploring the forums. Not all would be mature enough to view such things.
But giving a link to said erotica, properly slapping a pretty little NSFW in colorful letters, and warning potential readers of the content can solve problems easily. Should someone still stumble upon it and be upset, it's entirely on their end, as they merely followed a link dispite proper warning.

Basically, what Xamali said. Link it, and I'm all game. Plenty of other stories around here, properly linked and all, so why not post yours :)

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Talaisan »

Linking it, I could agree with. I'm not sure I like this writing.com site, really. I'd like to put it somewhere a little less... uninteresting? The site looks like a dump ground for bad fanfic and half-assed attempts. Same reason I don't want to use Literotica.com really. I've seen too much terribly written crap there.

Five years ago I would have asked BondoFox to host it on his site, and just provided a link. A good place to put it, and the linking would have helped his site traffic. That site is a shambles now, and updates maybe once a year. I don't want you lot waiting months for a new chunk that I finished. That's not fair to me as an author looking for feedback, nor is it fair to my audience, who want to get the new stuff as quickly as they can get it. Also, no one wants to sit on a cliffhanger ending for months. That's just mean. And I like to use cliffhangers.

I like this forum because it's stable, reliable, and isn't going anywhere. Also, all my friends are here. Linking from here might work. I could make a VCL account and post the chapters there, just like I did with the original run of these characters. I'll link those for comparison at some point. It's nice to see how far I've improved. I know there are other places that can host my giant walls of text, but FA and DA are both buggy and prone to collapse on themselves without warning. VCL is stable, but also FREAKING HUGE, and has no feedback ability on its own. Most of the other hosting sites make me leery. I have heard horror stories of people putting up a half-finished story on a writing site and seeing their story finished, names changed, and sold to an e-zine, while their hosted draft was mysteriously deleted. Granted, half of those I dismiss as your usual LiveJournal-esque drama mongering, but it's still enough to make me uncomfortable putting it on a site like that.

So... does anyone have a reason I shouldn't host it on VCL, and remind everyone that feedback, complaints, and so on are to be directed to me here on the forums?

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

#12 Post by avengedplatypus »

Ya know... you could always just use google docs.

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire

#13 Post by FurryForlife »

Thats what I was thinking. Link it off site, and if anyone ignores your warning tags, its their fault. That's what I did.
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Talaisan »

avengedplatypus wrote:Ya know... you could always just use google docs.
Never used it before. Totally skipped my mind. I'll look into it after I finish this afternoons Amtgard demo.

EDIT : Okay, yeah. Google Docs it shall be. I'll upload and link by this afternoon.

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

#15 Post by avengedplatypus »

Talaisan wrote:
avengedplatypus wrote:Ya know... you could always just use google docs.
Never used it before. Totally skipped my mind. I'll look into it after I finish this afternoons Amtgard demo.

EDIT : Okay, yeah. Google Docs it shall be. I'll upload and link by this afternoon.
Awesome!
(yeah almost all of the MLP fanfic authors use google docs... its really easy to use :grin: )