Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Message
Author
User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1150
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:46 am
Location: Sunny Arizona

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#406 Post by Dadrobit » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:30 am

Technic[Bot] wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:37 am
As i mentioned I have a very limited understanding of legal copyright.
I actually took a year of copyright law myself back in college, but alack and alas, this only qualifies me in the basics of how to not [censored] up my own legalities, does not qualify me as any kind of legal advisor, and certainly does not help me for copyright protection laws in countries outside of the USA. :mrgrin:
Image

User avatar
Templar Master
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Australia

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#407 Post by Jonesy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:32 am

Hi, all! I know it's been a long time, but I thought I'd drop by and provide an update.

I've just finished my writing degree, and am about to begin job-hunting. In terms of H&L, my current plans for hit have been shaken up. I got some feedback on it as part of an event I attended at a writing conference, which involved a manuscript assessment by a published author. The author enjoyed what she read and thinks it has good potential, but informed me that the length will be an issue in terms of both chapters and overall size. As such, I am currently working on a new draft with shorter chapters (which isn't too big a deal - the chapters have been easy to split and adapt, even with the changes in perspective) and a more focused story. The end result will be even more removed from the original version, but I'm confident will actually work better than what I'd planned initially. I feel like the previous draft was still beholden to certain things just because it happened in the original story, so I'm now focused on telling an effective story without worrying about that. And it's not like the previous draft has gone to waste, since much of it will be recycled in some way. But I don't really have an expected time frame for when it will be done at this point, but I'll keep you posted.

That aside, I am also working on a new project which I will likely focus more on once H&L is finished. The novel is called Peacekeeper, and follows the first alien to enlist in the human military amidst an interstellar cold war. I've written the first three chapters as part of separate assessments (two of which have been subjects dedicated to working on a single creative work - such as a chapter novel - over the course of the semester). Feedback on it has been very positive from both my peers and tutors, and I'm confident that I'll be able to get it published when it's done. Again, I'll let you know what happens.
Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves
A forbidden relationship forms between a human and lupine in a divided world.

The Desulti Chronicles: Stranded
A starship of kangaroos becomes stranded in deep space.

User avatar
Traveler
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#408 Post by James Polymer » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:03 am

Glory to the Masks, for he has returned! |D :grin: :mrgreen: :squirrel: :nora: :heart:

Seriously, though, thanks for the update, and congratulations on graduating! Hope the job search goes well. :)
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The mark of a truly wise man is that he acknowledges when he doesn't know @%$#." - Me

User avatar
Council Member
Posts: 507
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Location: México
Contact:

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#409 Post by Technic[Bot] » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:03 am

Hi Mr Jonessy.
I couldn't get the idea that there was something I was still missing this year. And turns out it was hearing an update from you!
Good to hear you graduated and that you still working toward getting published.
And hope you find a good job.
Regards
Your number one fan from Mexico.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook

New Citizen
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:04 am
Location: Somewhere over there

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#410 Post by backonninja » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks for the update, and congratulations on graduating! Good luck with the job search.

I was wondering if there was a way that I could read the original version? I know you took it down due to copyright reasons, so I wouldn't share it without express permission?

User avatar
Templar Inner Circle
Posts: 2953
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 pm
Location: The high country of the mind.
Favorite Character: Keith and Natani.

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#411 Post by Bellhead » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:52 am

Me too. I know a couple people saved it for personal copies. I was hoping to wait until I could buy it, if not. Any idea when that would be?
Gearhead in the digital world, who will probably grow up to be a very grumpy old man.

Grand Templar
Posts: 1296
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#412 Post by Warrl » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:27 am

I'm trying to decide if I'm missing a scene or not... maybe someone else with a copy can help out?

Just after Jakob gets bashed in the head, and after he chats with the guard at the humans' barricade, but before he gets to the governor's mansion - is there a scene in there?

Thanks

User avatar
Templar Master
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:33 am
Location: Australia

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#413 Post by Jonesy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:55 am

Bellhead wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:52 am
Me too. I know a couple people saved it for personal copies. I was hoping to wait until I could buy it, if not. Any idea when that would be?
I'm aiming to have the current draft finished by the end of 2020. Considering I'm about a third of the way through already, I'm pretty confident it's doable. The main hurdle will be finding a publisher. I'd prefer to get it published professionally, but I'm keeping self-publishing (especially digitally) open as a backup.
backonninja wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:39 pm
Thanks for the update, and congratulations on graduating! Good luck with the job search.

I was wondering if there was a way that I could read the original version? I know you took it down due to copyright reasons, so I wouldn't share it without express permission?
I know a few people have kept copies for personal use. And that's fine, as long as it remains that way. If you really want one you're welcome to send me a PM, but I'd rather not make a habit of giving it out. Probably wouldn't be a huge issue, since a lot of things are going to change at every stage of the story, but I'd rather play it safe - just look at what happened to the Salvation War.
Warrl wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:27 am
I'm trying to decide if I'm missing a scene or not... maybe someone else with a copy can help out?

Just after Jakob gets bashed in the head, and after he chats with the guard at the humans' barricade, but before he gets to the governor's mansion - is there a scene in there?

Thanks
No, it doesn't sound like you're missing anything.
Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves
A forbidden relationship forms between a human and lupine in a divided world.

The Desulti Chronicles: Stranded
A starship of kangaroos becomes stranded in deep space.

User avatar
Templar
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:20 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#414 Post by AndreRhineDavis » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:24 am

Jonesy wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:32 am
Hi, all! I know it's been a long time, but I thought I'd drop by and provide an update.

I've just finished my writing degree, and am about to begin job-hunting. In terms of H&L, my current plans for hit have been shaken up. I got some feedback on it as part of an event I attended at a writing conference, which involved a manuscript assessment by a published author. The author enjoyed what she read and thinks it has good potential, but informed me that the length will be an issue in terms of both chapters and overall size. As such, I am currently working on a new draft with shorter chapters (which isn't too big a deal - the chapters have been easy to split and adapt, even with the changes in perspective) and a more focused story. The end result will be even more removed from the original version, but I'm confident will actually work better than what I'd planned initially. I feel like the previous draft was still beholden to certain things just because it happened in the original story, so I'm now focused on telling an effective story without worrying about that. And it's not like the previous draft has gone to waste, since much of it will be recycled in some way. But I don't really have an expected time frame for when it will be done at this point, but I'll keep you posted.

That aside, I am also working on a new project which I will likely focus more on once H&L is finished. The novel is called Peacekeeper, and follows the first alien to enlist in the human military amidst an interstellar cold war. I've written the first three chapters as part of separate assessments (two of which have been subjects dedicated to working on a single creative work - such as a chapter novel - over the course of the semester). Feedback on it has been very positive from both my peers and tutors, and I'm confident that I'll be able to get it published when it's done. Again, I'll let you know what happens.
awesome :D
I look forward to reading your final version when it gets published :)

Post Reply