Dragonis Artwork

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dragonis
Citizen

Such a big mountain to climb!

#1 Post by Dragonis »

I figured i'd give this forum a go, and throw out some pics that ive done since starting to draw about a month ago. to begin with, i'll have the first ever picture i SKETCHED (but not entirely me...it WAS from a teach yourself to draw tutorial). then the next 2 are a couple of Fanart pics done about 2 weeks after the first one. i would like to say that both these pictures are not originals. The first was a culmination of several reference pictures to get an idea of what i wanted to draw. The second is an EXTRACT of one of Toms pieces... i wanted to see these 2 like this, but by themselves. it seems to make it a little more intimate between them. Ive been drawing for about a month now.

Please note that This first image was taken using my new Web Cam... (i had to use it on SOMETHING). So im sorry that its so dark.

and for image #2, let me say "I HATE DRAWING HANDS!!!"

And for those who may not believe me when i said i drew Epion's Pic, Here is the Original (this one IS completely my creation! Mind you, don't ask me why he wanted this particular version drawn of himself :P ):

As a final note, I am currently in the process of doing another fanart pic, but this will be my first ever one doing it on PC. But it is going to take a while because i have to do it with a mouse (i dont have, and cant afford a tablet). However, once it is done, i have a feeling it will look reasonable. and the reason I'm doing it on pc is it NEEDS color. Pencil shading just won't cut it in this situation.

Constructive comments are welcome (and needed).

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

Re: Progressional consitancy or lack of development?

#2 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Who doesn't hate drawing hands?
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#3 Post by Nuff »

hands are the work of the devil!

kevin0000
Council Member

#4 Post by kevin0000 »

you know they need to be the same size as the face of the character i supos that

Dragonis
Citizen

Re: A small priceless collection ($0)

#5 Post by Dragonis »

UPDATE!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

However! Due to the large size of the picture, i am hosting it on my Deviant Art Gallery.

The Picture was created first by sketching it on a piece of A4 Art paper, Scanning into the pc, then going over it all using GIMP and a MOUSE! It took me 3 evenings from initial concept to completion. Not bad for my first try!

Please check it out!

http://dsworn.deviantart.com/

Once i figure out how to scale it, and if people want me to, i'll throw a copy of it in here.

*Edit*

Ok, here it is in a smaller scale:

Dragonis
Citizen

Re: Dragonis Artwork

#6 Post by Dragonis »

I would like to introduce you all to my very first character!

Taria

I am intending to use her in a number of upcoming comics that im going to start.

She is a Panther Anthro (and yes i realise she does need a little more work). I need to get the ears right. that being said, i did this using the tablet that i commandeered from a friend :twisted: comments VERY welcome (and needed...PLEASE comment so i can figure out what to improve on! Its incredibly hard to improve when all you get is "nice work" or "I Like it". and i have NO feelings, so dont feel as though you might hurt them with criticism)

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#7 Post by ButterBall »

Commandeered tablets are the best. Nothing like free access to something expensive that somebody else paid for.
*Used to be a guy people knew at one time.*
Avatar by druanderson. Some things are very NSFW.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#8 Post by Nuff »

It's no suprise to rthose familar with the Nuff that the first thing I noticed was the distinct lack of boobage. You've already pointed out the ears so no need to mention that. Uh, the tips of her fringe seem to be behind the eye whites which is wrong unless she has eyes on stalks. Her shoulders might be a little thin too judging by where you've put the armpit.

I think that's everything, I'm not great at the crit thing :?

Dragonis
Citizen

#9 Post by Dragonis »

this is what im after. this is the input that is useful! thanx. As to the boobs, ive yet to know how to best draw them under clothes. the eyes i ill definately take into account. and now that i look at it, th arms in general need redoing.... all in a day's (or a few days) work. thanx again.

KnightAceNick
Citizen

#10 Post by KnightAceNick »

I like the drawings other than what people have said I think you did better than I could atm lol.
All I'm good at drawing currently is inanimate objects.

Raziel Morgan
Council Member
Location: Hiding in the shadows, ready to strike whenever i am ordered.

#11 Post by Raziel Morgan »

heh nice character, looking forward to the comics. like nuff said, boobs. I generally find (though i suck at drawing) the main thing to show them is to add a curve to the figure, then sketch the shape. if there are clothes on top, then don't use hard lines for the shape but use soft shading along the same place. it normally works ok.
What is dark, but a lack of light?

Dragonis
Citizen

#12 Post by Dragonis »

Well, here she is!

Taria in he greatness!
(and my first picture completed on the tablet)

Happeh
Traveler

#13 Post by Happeh »

Looks quite good, better than what I could draw.

Although, the hair seems to stick to the head it needs to flow more.

In general: Congratulations.

Dragonis
Citizen

#14 Post by Dragonis »

ok, i need some help. i dont have any ideas on something to draw for my DA account. I am full of ideas for my comic, but i cant show those! any ideas?

Cupil
Templar Master

#15 Post by Cupil »

Well, I'm not sure what your comic will be about, but it could be to its benefit if you played around with poses and expressions.

Heck, it wouldn't have to be a specific character of yours. Just some unknown figure doing cool dynamic poses (There ought to be dynamic pose tutorials in the tutorial thread.) But the facial expressions ought to be character specific, because one person's happy can be another's 'I'm gonna kill you now'.