Cupil's Thread of Pictures (03/22/15 update)

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Re: Cupil's Thread of Pictures (03/17/15 update)

#421 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Neat!

Also, I like blue tigers.

Hybrids are cool!
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#422 Post by avwolf »

Cupil! :mrgreen:

It's so good to see you again. Rusty or not, you still draw some excellent character sketches, and I am in general agreement on the "No" box. I thought there was more blue in Zao's original design. Just evolved it out, or is my memory once more at fault?

For what it's worth, Kanti remains a personal favorite, both in name and appearance.

Cupil
Templar Master

#423 Post by Cupil »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Neat!

Also, I like blue tigers.

Hybrids are cool!
Thank you :) I'll try to work more on the concept when I find the time
avwolf wrote:Cupil! :mrgreen:

It's so good to see you again. Rusty or not, you still draw some excellent character sketches, and I am in general agreement on the "No" box. I thought there was more blue in Zao's original design. Just evolved it out, or is my memory once more at fault?

For what it's worth, Kanti remains a personal favorite, both in name and appearance.
Good to see ya again too av :)
Ya Zao's original design basically followed the blue hair+white fur model that matched with 'Keidran Trace'. When I discovered other variants of white tigers, I found that the newer browner stripes matched his mother's hair color more. His tail tip and hair may take on familiar glow when near mana deposits though,(or when doing something magical if I decide to retcon that bit of personal fanon) which is where the 'daddy' blue comes in aside from the eyes. XD

>:3 Hopfully Kanti and her bro will be gracing this thread again.

Cupil
Templar Master

Re: Cupil's Thread of Pictures (03/20/15 update)

#424 Post by Cupil »

Potential younger sibling for Zao? Still a lot of messing around, but I do know that personality wise Skye is more of a little terror than my other fankids. Adept at magic in a way that other hybrids aren't she has a tendency to play around with it in playful yet sometimes scary ways. As said on her paper she has some dark mana corruption heavily implied to be inherited from her father. (under the assumption that evil-hand mcgee is still around by the time Flora and Trace decide to 'have another one' for whatever reason) Highly intelligent, absorbing knowledge faster than her peers, she unfortunately has issues with empathy, and as a result has close to no friends aside from her family.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Re: Cupil's Thread of Pictures (03/20/15 update)

#425 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

"Nyaaaaaa~"

"NYAAAAA"

I love it. Her tail-paw likes to flip the bird?

I can see some interesting plot for this character already. She has a pretty good, if only a bit cliche(but hey, just look at the beginning of TwoKinds), description, and is overall a cool character.

Just hope she's not a Mary Sue..
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Cupil
Templar Master

Re: Cupil's Thread of Pictures (03/22/15 update)

#426 Post by Cupil »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:"Nyaaaaaa~"

"NYAAAAA"

I love it. Her tail-paw likes to flip the bird?

I can see some interesting plot for this character already. She has a pretty good, if only a bit cliche(but hey, just look at the beginning of TwoKinds), description, and is overall a cool character.

Just hope she's not a Mary Sue..
HAH! Too late! This thread is like 90% mary sues :twisted:

That depends on how she turns out in my actual stories(if any at all) I guess. The very nature of my hybrids has a very 'wish fulfillment' element already with how they're basically: "Please do something unique when the hybrid is born Tom. For the love of the masks nothing like Karen or PPP! Flora." haha But I can see where she can fall into other traps what with the whole high-intelligence + magically gifted thing. Granted her high intelligence mostly pertains to academics and mechanics(Like 'Oh! this lever does this' sort of thing), unfortunately social cues and graces are beyond her. Skye can pick up when something maybe bothering a loved one, but will often find herself frustrated with coming up with the right reactions. Either coming off as coldly logical or throwing around fireballs on another's behalf without asking. Expressing herself is even an odd concept to Skye, she'll smile gleefully during battle, make cutesy 'mews' creepy by virtue of dragging them out for too long.(nyaaaaaa) Cliche's are inevitable, and you can't really control whether someone will like a creation or not. I've seen several instances of people throwing 'mary sue' label at reasonable flawed or harmless character as if it was a synonym for 'I don't like them'. When it's more like 'author's indulgent fantasy, often a personal avatar, but is essentially the favorite, getting attention and privileges that surrounding characters are cut off from.' At their best other's can indulge in the fantasy alongside the author, at their worst it feels like being forced around someone's hyper spoiled child haha. Again, it depends. Sorry for the random tangent XDD

To take a break from ramblings
Seeing some images of the 'silky anteater' inspired me for another hybrid concept. Today's victim subject is everyone's favorite shape shifting wolfgirl Raine. Considering the circumstances of her conception I'm content with her being a full human(biologically/culturally) with magical issues. It's sort of odd with how if she really was both it would dampen/take away the specialness of Trace and Flora having the first(or at least one of them) Keidran/Human child. Or maybe she's actually foreshadowing and becomes the kid's group B parallel XD.

It should be noted in the image above that she's still a 'Wolf', much in the same way that Zao is still a 'Tiger'. The mixed heritage being the cause of their 'otherness', and/or 'oddness'. (On a side note I'd be disappointed if the future kid was a shifter too since that would take away Raine's specialness. only exception is if it's enchantments for disguises or something)

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#427 Post by avwolf »

So jealous of your capacity for drawing expressions. So very jealous.

I'm going to second your feelings regarding the narrative preference that our "special" characters remain special and distinct from one another. The unique (well, okay, Trace and Flora are "unique" only in "first") circumstances surrounding Trace and Flora's child and Raine would definitely be best served by each character having unique capacity and design. I'd hope that the first hybrid really does do "hybrid" as the child of a shapeshifter really does just do "shapeshifter." (I wonder if Raine will ever learn to turn into a Basitin -- she's half-Human, half-Wolf (sort of), but her "Wolf" side is really "uncontrolled flawless transformation into a Wolf" inherited from her father. Euchre just chose to transform into a Human. Raine could theoretically transform into other races. Imagine if she never gets with Red or Sythe and instead grows intimate with Keith after Natani dies, and starts to transform into Basitin-Raine.

yaytime
Apprentice

#428 Post by yaytime »

avwolf wrote:(I wonder if Raine will ever learn to turn into a Basitin -- she's half-Human, half-Wolf (sort of), but her "Wolf" side is really "uncontrolled flawless transformation into a Wolf" inherited from her father. Euchre just chose to transform into a Human. Raine could theoretically transform into other races. Imagine if she never gets with Red or Sythe and instead grows intimate with Keith after Natani dies, and starts to transform into Basitin-Raine.
then due to the basitins not being able to use magic being stuck like that unless someone else uses the transformation spell on her.

also the art on this thread is good keep it up Cupil, i especially like the fact the rain carrying the sleeping roll make her look like a husky that make me chuckle abit, and the detail in the lore of some of the older stuff fascinates me too.

EDIT
Is it bad that while think about Raine looking like a husky with the sleeping mat again that i imaged Red riding a dog sled with her pulling it and not looking to happy about it ... then giggling to my self?
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#429 Post by FrogSteaks »

avwolf wrote:Imagine if she never gets with Red or Sythe and instead grows intimate with Keith after Natani dies, and starts to transform into Basitin-Raine.
yaytime wrote:Is it bad that while think about Raine looking like a husky with the sleeping mat again that i imaged Red riding a dog sled with her pulling it and not looking to happy about it ... then giggling to my self?
I would love to see these scenarios drawn.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky