Tutorials for all

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

bigjc
Traveler

#31 Post by bigjc »

Sage wrote: Oh and "Experience with GIMP" on your resume is a lot like "Ive opened Paint before and used the spray can".
Actually its nothing like that and It is aparent that you havent used a recent version. I am not- and I will not say that GIMP is better than PS, or vice-versa... But they do easily stand side by side. When it gets down to which one are you going to use, well then it becomes a matter of personal taste. I like them both. I have CS2, and will probly upgrade to CS3, BUT, I'm not going to stop using the GIMP, and upgrading it because it is a damn good program, and I am just giving recognition where it is due. I've seen it...and done it. I'd put the GIMP against ps any day, my GIMP images come out just as good (and usualy better) than images done in PS. It's just a matter of technique. Just like someone's technique in ps could possibly school me. Its a tool. When you start talking like that, and "experience on a resime" all you're doing there is just talking elitist [censored]. Its not better because you spent 700 dollars on it. It's not better because you use a Wacom tab. They are just tools. Some people are just afraid that a free, openscorce program may be just as good as the program they just spent 700 bucks on, and feel a bit defensive and insecure. Both the GIMP and PS are very good programs. In many ways equal, in other ways PS is better and in other ways, GIMP is better. But in the end they are only tools, and the only thing that matters is how YOU use them.

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#32 Post by Ster Zetanee »

bigjc wrote:I dissagree. I've been using photoshop since digital manipulation classes in art school. I've used PS 3- cs2.. I have CS2 and the GIMP, and and I do all my coloring, linework, layering ect in the GIMP. The only reason I still keep PS around is that some of the brushes and filters are diffrent and... well, I paid a [censored] for it. ;P
I have to ask does GIMP use the same style for coloring as CS3, because the way it works in cs3 doesn't work for me, but that is why i am trying to fins Adobe Photoshop Elements which my school uses with Adobe Illustrator for computer graphics. Or is there a way to change the way the paint works in CS3, I don't like how going over a color darkens it more.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Firemelon
Citizen
Location: Australia, Victoria. -> Out in the Middle of Nowhere!

#33 Post by Firemelon »

Elements is nasty, i cant find the pen tool... Provided it even exists.
One thing that annoys me is that i have CS and the brushes have gone up the wall so i had to remake them... :roll:
All Toasters Toast ur FACE! >=(

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#34 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Well, that is another thing how hard is it to ink a photo with a mouse or on a computer in general, show i just buy inking pens from an art store
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Cupil
Templar Master

#35 Post by Cupil »

http://www.posemaniacs.com/
A flash based site that shows the human body in various poses, without skin. You can spin the selected figure around for different angles and such. Pretty handy if, for whatever reason life-drawing classes are out of reach.
(sorry if this was already posted)

KitsuneSefam
Traveler

#36 Post by KitsuneSefam »

Wow thanks, that will help a lot when all i had was Andrew Loomis's books and Drawfurry.com :D

Kibbles
Merchant
Location: Check under your beds for Kibbles. But the Closet is his second favorate :3

Re: Tutorials for all

#37 Post by Kibbles »

This is a huge help, hope to get on the Art fourums soon too
Rawr :3

I Be Kibbles

A.J./Kho
Grand Templar

#38 Post by A.J./Kho »

AHEM..

I found a really good artist named mark crilley who does videos on youtube.

His username is markcrilley and he does quite a few 'how-to' videos. I even got my hands improved! It sort of just... slid into place.
On Christmas 2009, Closing fast on New Year's Day, Kholhaus the Great came back

But who knows for how long? Not we, the faithful. We watch and wait. For the annoying noob to go away.

TheBasitin
Apprentice

#39 Post by TheBasitin »

thanks for tutorials! :)
ImageImage

UncleGrandpa
Apprentice

#40 Post by UncleGrandpa »

Here are 10 Websites to Help You Master GIMP for those who want to use the GIMP, for whatever reason (usually cost :-) ).
~~~~~~~~
I have absolutely nothing to do with the Cartoon Network "Uncle Grandpa" shows. Didn't even know it existed until today... and I sure wouldn't pick that name now I've seen one of them.
~~~~~~~~

VanDerSpar
New Citizen

#41 Post by VanDerSpar »

Thank you very much, both UncleGrandpa and Blind. Though we need to learn a lot by ourself, are these sites pretty good.

Arkaen
Traveler

#42 Post by Arkaen »

Thanks for the reservoir of tutorials; I need them, especially the anatomy ones.

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

#43 Post by Silver Seren »

emmy
Violent. Hateful. Fluffy.

#44 Post by emmy »

actually, not trying to be all know-it-all and such, but well, marc crilley does a lot of stuff very well, but his wings... also, not anatomically correct. :shock:

perhaps i should add my humble attempt at creating a small tut for wings.

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Don't make me slap you on the back of the head.

Shinta_urashima
Council Member

#45 Post by Shinta_urashima »

is there a tutorial for making battle auras in photoshop?