ZERO!
2%
pie |D
40%

Total votes: 42

Jonesu
Merchant

#31 Post by Jonesu »

Hahaha, I'm pretty much the same way! XD But, hey, it gets the job done well enough. XP

But that's pretty much what the pen tool does to me, too... -_-' Maybe we both just kinda fail. 8D'

*Thinks we need a Failure Club*

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#32 Post by Sage »

Jones wrote:Hahaha, I'm pretty much the same way! XD But, hey, it gets the job done well enough. XP

But that's pretty much what the pen tool does to me, too... -_-' Maybe we both just kinda fail. 8D'

You do... If you EVER get a jagged line with the pen tool YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRRRONG. Its a vector tool, its more smooth than you could EVER have a hand drawn line (granted the human eye wont be able to tell the difference 99% of the time between a vector at 100% and a normal well inked drawing at 100% but still) It's also scalable with no loss- which is why vector art is used in creating bilboards because you can make it HUGE from something tiny (if you made a web banner in vectors you could resize it to fit a bilboad- with no loss in quality)

And fuzzy- im sure you mean zoom in really really close... and thats how most of us do it especially with tablets!

As for what cause it - you probably stroked the line with a square brush or using the pencil rather than the paint brush.

FuzzlePup
Merchant

#33 Post by FuzzlePup »

Either way, the pen tool is just too tedious for me. I like doing anything and everything with my pencil/stylus. So if theres a line, I want to actually draw it, rather then click on specific points to anchor a line down.
"Everythings always better with two scoops of Fuzz"

Jonesu
Merchant

#34 Post by Jonesu »

Sage wrote:
Jones wrote:Hahaha, I'm pretty much the same way! XD But, hey, it gets the job done well enough. XP

You do... If you EVER get a jagged line with the pen tool YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRRRONG.

I don't think jagged is really the right word (at least for what I'm thinking of). Like, it's a nice smooth line, and then it'll TURN in a really random way. I feel like there isn't much control.
Sage wrote:Its a vector tool, its more smooth than you could EVER have a hand drawn line (granted the human eye wont be able to tell the difference 99% of the time between a vector at 100% and a normal well inked drawing at 100% but still) It's also scalable with no loss- which is why vector art is used in creating bilboards because you can make it HUGE from something tiny (if you made a web banner in vectors you could resize it to fit a bilboad- with no loss in quality)
Hey, I learned something today! Thanks, Sage! :D
Sage wrote:As for what cause it - you probably stroked the line with a square brush or using the pencil rather than the paint brush.
Sometimes I like to ink with the pencil brush (what on Earth tempts me to do that, I'm not sure), and I've played around with using it with the pen tool. Though with my obvious lack of skills with the pen tool, it would be easy to explain why most attempts turned out horrid. ^_^'

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#35 Post by Sage »

What you just described as "jagged" is a horrible way of describing it. What it actually is is pretty simple. The pen line tool is using math- and unfortunately a line in math cant fold back on itself using the system they use for drawing. What is happening is the curve is way too high - and the dirrection you are trying to point it in is the opposite of where a line would LIKE to go according to the math ( it always wants to go forward and it always wants to follow the curve you have created.

There are plenty of ways to avoid this problem- but the easiest way it to just make another line on a new path layer.

Either way- I dont recommend using the pen tool- it almost always ends up making you put less detail and accepting what you have as what you get- so the images look really bland unless its a real pro spending many many hours tweaking every line and fixing the stroke brushes for each path.

And now you can post without double posting- since you didnt take me seriously i was forced to do my job, and delete your previous double post.

Jonesu
Merchant

#36 Post by Jonesu »

One- Okay, I guess that makes sense. I guess the pen tool is just too mathematical for me. XD
Sage wrote:What you just described as "jagged" is a horrible way of describing it.
And I believe that "jagged" was Fuzzle's word, not mine. I was just agreeing with what it was that he was describing

Two- I never didn't take you seriously (at least I didn't mean to, I'm really actually very, very sorry if I disrespected and/or offended you in any way). I was--in a way--testing my luck since you hadn't said anything about my previous double posts (I'm an awful sinner, I do apologize TT^TT) But let me just say one thing in defense of my double posts (though I will, from now on, "take you seriously" and respect the no double-post rule by refraining from making them):

I feel like there is nothing wrong with such double posts. Okay, that sounds lame, I know. But here's what the scenario could be like, and possibly has been like:

Someone: *Comments on something on Tuesday*
Me: *Responds to comment later on TUesday*
NO ONE ELSE COMMENTS
Me: *Notices on Wednesday or Thursday that thread is dying a bit, or going down the page, as you will, and has finished a new piece* *Posts new piece as a second post, thus double posting, but bumps the thread back up so that people are aware that new art has been posted*

Now here would be an example of what I would consider a bad double post:

Person1- *Comments at 11:00*
Me- *Typing up a response*
Person2- *Comments at 11:05*
Me- *Poses response to person1 at 11:06*
Me- *Sees that Person2 commented and reply to Person2 in a separate post at 11:08*

Whereas, in that situation, I would edit my first post with my response to Person2

But, like I said, I will from now on respect the rules (unless you understand what I said and decided to maybe possibly let me break that rule every so often, which is totally okay if that doesn't happen 8D)

Anywho. I'm glad I didn't say much in the post that was deleted, or else I would have been pissed (though more so at myself, honestly, for not paying attention to the rules and wasting my time by writing, and yadda yadda, whatnot)

I seriously don't know what's on his plate... -_-'

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#37 Post by Sable Dove »

I think his left shoulder is sticking out a bit too far, but if you moved that in, the neck and head would also have to be moved over so that they're in the middle of his torso (which would now be narrower). I don't really know how to explain it, so nya.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Jonesu
Merchant

#38 Post by Jonesu »

Shoulders are my weakness... 8D Especially on guys. -_-' I always feel like if I don't make their shoulders broad enough, they'll look like girls. XD 'Cause I mean, c'mon, you can't deny that I draw very girly men. XD'

<_<' *Bumps*

C'mon, guys! D|

Oh, oh yeah. ANd here's this

Car trip with the fam. I got too lazy to give him a body. XD

FuzzlePup
Merchant

#39 Post by FuzzlePup »

Wow, you do really incredible faces. Its something I wish I could pull off, thats very good. Mui-excellentay.
"Everythings always better with two scoops of Fuzz"

Jonesu
Merchant

#40 Post by Jonesu »

Hahaha, thanks. I just wish I could draw decent bodies for them. XD

Oh, and I forgot to say this before... But his hair pisses me off. 8D Dang. I need to start drawing short hair more again. For a while, that was all I could draw and it looked good. And then I stopped with short hair, and nowI can't draw it anymore... D|

*Bumps again* COME ON, GUYS. You're killing me... D|

Why is it that I'm so incapable of getting critiques? >.<'

Arroyo Milori
Citizen

#41 Post by Arroyo Milori »

Why is it that floating disembodied heads remind me of Andross from Star fox?

Anyways it looks nice, the short hair looks well drawn.

Jonesu
Merchant

#42 Post by Jonesu »

Hahaha.

My brother complains about Andross a lot. Well, not a lot. But, you know. He complains about it. XD

And thanks. As I said, short hair isn't my forte, so I'm glad you like it. ^_^

NEW

!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!
Consider yourself warned. The following link contains mature content that should only be viewed by those who are over 18 (or those who think they should be 18. I won't lie, I did it all the time)

FOLLOW LINK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

MATURE CONTENT

Because Amber inspired me to draw more mermaids. Because I love mermaids.

Amber

#43 Post by Amber »

Oh! I love your mermaids!! They look like they are so in love.. :) I like the side fin on the lower one's tail! I was watching my beta swim around in his small little world and thinking about drawing one based on a beta. I think it'd be pretty cool.

btw, I think you should finish this one! I'd love to see it colored!

Jonesu
Merchant

#44 Post by Jonesu »

Ahhh. Beta fish are so pretty. <3 I unfortunately don't have any fish... -_-' I love fish, though. One day, I'm gonna get a goldfish tattoo on my wrist. XD

And I like adding little extra fins to my mermaids. It just seems much more fun that way. XD

I'll see what I can do as far as finishing it goes. I've been a bit unmotivated lately... -_-' I've had nasty allergies that have been completely ruining my sinuses... D|

NEW!

Here's an introduction to my Boys.

Sven

Charlie

Jasper & Dexter

YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO SAD! D| I'm not so amazing that you've got no critique, am I? XD'

In any case... I've started a comic. I don't know how far it'll get... But here's the first page. XD

WARNING!
It does contain sexual themes, etc, and some people might not agree with some of the views. You know, whatever. Believe what you want.

Thanks for anyone else who checks it out, though.

Flying Cats (Ion)
Traveler

#45 Post by Flying Cats (Ion) »

Sexual themes? so what...
nice skills
ImageAh, shoot, I hope that's the gas in the CAR I just smelt.

Working on a full-time story, expect it to be in the Story Board when I get back!