Sapph's Drawing Corner! (Update: 01/07/11)

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Sapphwolf
High Art Magus

Sapph's Drawing Corner! (Update: 07/07/11)

#1 Post by Sapphwolf »

Ok, well I figured since I'm here I might as well lurk the art section since it's what I do everywhere else. So here's a couple pics I did of myself and AvWolf. He got it in my head to try and mimic Tom's style so I figured I'd give it a shot. Here's the results.

Image Image
and the B&W version I started with.

I'll post up other stuff later. I'll try to limit the stuff I actually post in here to Two Kinds related materials.

Here's my Deviant Art account for those that care to look. I warn you it's not been updated in awhile, nor was it ever updated often.

FuzzlePup
Merchant

#2 Post by FuzzlePup »

Really liking these :3 My favorite is the bottom right.
"Everythings always better with two scoops of Fuzz"

Salem
Citizen

#3 Post by Salem »

You draw good... *pokes blue wolf*

Sapphwolf
High Art Magus

#4 Post by Sapphwolf »

FuzzlePup wrote:Really liking these :3 My favorite is the bottom right.

Why thank you. I do try.

I finished this for a friend yesterday. Thought I'd post it here as well.

If this is too risqué just let me know and I'll take it down.

Kanashi
Traveler

#5 Post by Kanashi »

very well done, you have a talent with your shading which makes the pictures look so much better. I have nothing really to critique other than keep working hard and you'll go places with your art!
~Kanashi

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by avwolf »

I still can't stop laughing with the Natani pic. I don't know why. For some reason, I just have so much trouble imagining her saying those things without some sort of sarcasm. "Now come here and take me," is such a riot. It is very pretty, though I am admittedly biased toward anything relating to Natani.

Winterstorm
New Citizen

#7 Post by Winterstorm »

Haha, yep that Natani pic is hillarious. While she would never say anything like that, i could definitely see Keith dreaming about it :wink:

Your style is pretty cool. Did you color these in Photoshop? I couldn't color my drawings to save my life >.<

Sapphwolf
High Art Magus

#8 Post by Sapphwolf »

Kanashi wrote:very well done, you have a talent with your shading which makes the pictures look so much better. I have nothing really to critique other than keep working hard and you'll go places with your art!
I certainly hope. I am currently in college to be a graphic/web designer. I've been approached by people to do web comics, but the writers have all be rather lazy and so nothing happens plus with that kind of thing, as an artist, I need to have an investment in the comic as well. I have to want to draw it otherwise it becomes a chore instead of a project. I'll probably start a web comic once the summer hits.
Winterstorm wrote:Haha, yep that Natani pic is hillarious. While she would never say anything like that, i could definitely see Keith dreaming about it :wink:
Your style is pretty cool. Did you color these in Photoshop? I couldn't color my drawings to save my life >.<
Yeah, I use Photoshop and a graphire 3 tablet.

Sapphwolf
High Art Magus

#9 Post by Sapphwolf »

Well, I don't now what it is, but it feels like my brain is on fire (in a good way if one can imagine that) so on the downside, I can't sleep, on the plus side I've been in top form on my drawings.

Here's my rendition of (red tipped hair)Trace.

Image Image

From start to finish this took me 6 hours. The outfit is based off of the outfit that Trace is wearing in the current coming (March 10th)

Kanashi
Traveler

#10 Post by Kanashi »

Sapphwolf wrote:
Kanashi wrote:very well done, you have a talent with your shading which makes the pictures look so much better. I have nothing really to critique other than keep working hard and you'll go places with your art!
I certainly hope. I am currently in college to be a graphic/web designer. I've been approached by people to do web comics, but the writers have all be rather lazy and so nothing happens plus with that kind of thing, as an artist, I need to have an investment in the comic as well. I have to want to draw it otherwise it becomes a chore instead of a project. I'll probably start a web comic once the summer hits.
Winterstorm wrote:Haha, yep that Natani pic is hillarious. While she would never say anything like that, i could definitely see Keith dreaming about it :wink:
Awesome I'm already in a pre-college center working on every media design(interactive Media) there is so by time I'm out of high school I'll have degree's in a few. And at the beginning of this years fall semester I'll be starting my degree in game design in college.
~Kanashi

Sapphwolf
High Art Magus

#11 Post by Sapphwolf »

Kanashi wrote:
Sapphwolf wrote:
Awesome I'm already in a pre-college center working on every media design(interactive Media) there is so by time I'm out of high school I'll have degree's in a few. And at the beginning of this years fall semester I'll be starting my degree in game design in college.
That's pretty cool. If I could get a job designing/creating characters for video games I'd be happy. I really want to do web design, but sadly that's because there isn't a high demand (or like any) for illustrators these days. 2-D Animation has gone by the way-side in America for everything accept kid's shows, sadly, and I don't feel like moving to Japan or Korea to work on the interesting things. Most American comic books these days are trying to avoid the anime style like the plague from what I've seen so I'm stuck with design. *Le Sigh*

I wish I'd been able to work on some art degrees before I got out of high school. They had to make an art class for me since I skipped the first art class at my school. Nothing beyond the basics... kind of depressing that I went there because it had the best art program out of all the schools I looked at. Curse living in the middle of nowhere!

Lord Moose
Traveler

#12 Post by Lord Moose »

Sapphwolf wrote:
Here's my rendition of (red tipped hair)Trace.

From start to finish this took me 6 hours. The outfit is based off of the outfit that Trace is wearing in the current coming (March 10th)
You have death, killer, slayer, tyrant, and destroyer in there...
And then, Great?
:twisted:
obey me or face my mighty army of ninjas!!

Sapphwolf
High Art Magus

#13 Post by Sapphwolf »

Lord Moose wrote:You have death, killer, slayer, tyrant, and destroyer in there...
And then, Great?
:twisted:
Great would be attached to "Destroyer". There's also a "Death Bringer" in there too.

Mirku
Master

#14 Post by Mirku »

Man those drawings are cool. I can't wait for your next drawing.
Draw on \../ :twisted:

Salem
Citizen

#15 Post by Salem »

Pretty...

I want to see you make a webcomic.