How to draw Flora's stripes?

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

nobodyforever123
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

How to draw Flora's stripes?

#1 Post by nobodyforever123 »

Hey guys! Working on a texture for Flora. Got most of the stuff done now, including stripe placements with proper seaming. On the final step of just drawing all the strips now. I can't quite figure out how to get Tom's furrish strippy look.

This is what I have so far. I'm not happy with them and I'd like to know what kind of method he uses before I go ahead and draw all the stripes.

Any ideas? Thank you! I'm using Photoshop btw.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: How to draw Flora's stripes?

#2 Post by Hulk10 »

Hmm very informative.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: How to draw Flora's stripes?

#3 Post by Bellhead »

I've watched his streams a few times, and for her stripes... I think he just shades them, like a heavy line weight, but fuzzy, in a dense zig-zag pattern.

Best way to find out for sure, would be to watch his streams on.. What's he on now, Picarto, right? Once a month, he does colored versions of a handful of sketch requests. Watching him would be much more reliable than my explanations.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.