The Basitin Military in 3D: Part 6 - Battle on the Bridge

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Thallium
Templar

Re: The Basitin Military in 3D: Part 4 - Greatsword V2

#91 Post by Thallium »

Neptune wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 pm I mean, they look intimidating af so I gotta oven that to you
Well I guess that counts as a partial success then, I'll take it. Difficult to make a series about giving basitins the badass coverage they deserve if they look like wimps.
Image Image

What I cannot create, I do not understand.
The imagination of nature is far, far greater than the imagination of man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: The Basitin Military in 3D: Part 3 - The Hall of Glory

#92 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Thallium wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:50 pm
Neptune wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:37 am That 3D Basitin looks like an Eldritch horror, ngl
I'm sorry the new style isn't as appealing to you, I realise not everyone will like the transition to 3D but I think it will be better in the long run for most people.

And now on with image number 4. Going back to the original style again this time in order to show off how the gold-armoured marshals look now: shiny. As before, there won't be a detailed description after this one because it will just be the same as the last time I posted the greatsword; so if you want to read that, check out the original greatsword image in earlier pages of this thread or alternatively you can find it on my FA page, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/27161979/.
Next up will be another scene and if you've see some of the teasers I put out a while ago you may have some idea of what it will be. Let's just say that not every battle always goes the basitins way...
Enjoy!

Any problems viewing these images, you can find them mirrored on my FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thallium/

-big shiny basitin snip-
I mentioned how it look like you sculpted this stuff and photographed it rather than using 3d software to render it. This might sound a little gross but previous images looked like you sculpted the skeleton out of clay or wood and for the fur you hunted and unsuspecting squirrel, tanned its coat and "applied" it to your figurine before adding the armor. It looks THAT real, at least for me. However on this one it looks like could not source real fur and settled for synthetic fleece. What i am trying to say is that its fur looks a bit more plastic than the previous pieces.
Also that grimace, God... i do not know if its growling, grinning or laughing. It is a bit uncanny to say the least...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Thallium
Templar

#93 Post by Thallium »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:45 am I mentioned how it look like you sculpted this stuff and photographed it rather than using 3d software to render it. This might sound a little gross but previous images looked like you sculpted the skeleton out of clay or wood and for the fur you hunted and unsuspecting squirrel, tanned its coat and "applied" it to your figurine before adding the armor. It looks THAT real, at least for me.
I think that's a compliment... I'm going to take it as a compliment...
Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:45 am However on this one it looks like could not source real fur and settled for synthetic fleece. What i am trying to say is that its fur looks a bit more plastic than the previous pieces.
Interesting, its the exact same fur texture that I used for the Shieldbearer; maybe its the different lighting caused by reflection off of gold rather than silver that is causing it to look worse. Noted for the future, although I don't think I'll be doing too much more with the gold armour anyway so it might not matter.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:45 am Also that grimace, God... i do not know if its growling, grinning or laughing. It is a bit uncanny to say the least...
Hah that's his grand strategy; confuse the enemy so that they don't know what to expect! In all seriousness though, I see what you mean. He's supposed to be snarling through gritted teeth but faces are hard to do right and the facial rig I'm using is definitely one of the weakest aspects of the whole thing because it was designed for a human face and I've retrofitted it for use with a muzzle so it doesn't work quite as well as it should. It's something I'm looking to improve, however as I will be focusing more on whole scenes in the future rather then super detailed close-ups, I'm hoping to be able to get away with it as it stands. After all, it's the same rig as I used for the facial expressions in "Brace for Impact" and I think it worked pretty well there.
Image Image

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#94 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Thallium wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:40 pm think that's a compliment... I'm going to take it as a compliment...
Of course it is a compliment, if not evident by now I am quite a fan of your work!
Thallium wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:40 pm Interesting, its the exact same fur texture that I used for the Shieldbearer; maybe its the different lighting caused by reflection off of gold rather than silver that is causing it to look worse. Noted for the future, although I don't think I'll be doing too much more with the gold armour anyway so it might not matter.
I have no idea why is it either, my eyesight is not perfect so it might simply be me. In any case the officer fur still look a lot flatter than the shieldbearer, for me at least.
Thallium wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:40 pm Hah that's his grand strategy; confuse the enemy so that they don't know what to expect! In all seriousness though, I see what you mean. He's supposed to be snarling through gritted teeth but faces are hard to do right and the facial rig I'm using is definitely one of the weakest aspects of the whole thing because it was designed for a human face and I've retrofitted it for use with a muzzle so it doesn't work quite as well as it should. It's something I'm looking to improve, however as I will be focusing more on whole scenes in the future rather then super detailed close-ups, I'm hoping to be able to get away with it as it stands. After all, it's the same rig as I used for the facial expressions in "Brace for Impact" and I think it worked pretty well there.
It might be the perspective, in the "brace for impact" their faces look ok. Yet the officer "smile" looks like something a taxidermist made. But do not really now. Maybe the model simple does not work well for smiles/grimaces/snarls? Perhaps using a dog snarl as base might help, I do not know?
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Thallium
Templar

#95 Post by Thallium »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:27 am Of course it is a compliment, if not evident by now I am quite a fan of your work!

[...]

It might be the perspective, in the "brace for impact" their faces look ok. Yet the officer "smile" looks like something a taxidermist made. But do not really now. Maybe the model simple does not work well for smiles/grimaces/snarls? Perhaps using a dog snarl as base might help, I do not know?
Well I had hoped that you liked it, given all the feedback you've given me over these past few months. I hope to present more work you like even better in the future. Maybe I just did the marshal's face too quickly and need to spend more time on it when I do close-ups in the future; thing's to think on.

And now onwards to part 5! Sometimes battles don't go the basitins way, despite their abilities and armaments and you are going to see the result of such a situation this week. Of course, basitins don't run from a fight and so final stand situations like this one are not unheard of amongst the basitin's ranks. This image was difficult both materially and compositionally. From the materials perspective, it is always easier to make things look clean and pristine like you've seen in previous images, it is much harder to make things look scuffed, dirty and bloody like you see here. Compositionally, it was difficult getting the various pieces of "battlefield detritus" arranged in a way that made it look like a torn up war zone while not distracting from the central figure in the image: the signaller. Lots of things learnt from this one an I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Next up we have something quite different from a thematic perspective: an image based off of a page from the actual comic. I've chosen one of, for me, the defining moments in the comic so far for this initial test image and you'll have to let me know if you think it turns out ok. If you like it, I'll probably do more in the future. Enjoy!

Any problems viewing these images, you can find them mirrored on my FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thallium/

Today had not been a good day. Luther Tauber was, by his reckoning, the last surviving member of the Fenzloch 14th Shieldbearers company, a once proud hundred strong force that had seen action in numerous battles ranging from the Kalto Pass in the west to Oberwind in the east. They had made it through everything with only minor losses to show for it and now they all lay dead, strewn around Tauber’s paws like so much butchered meat. And he was soon to join them.

The day had started innocuously enough: Grand Marshal Venzer had needed a company to push out across the dead ground on the other side of a hill in order to screen the rest of the army’s advance and the 14th Shieldbearers were given the task. They had set out early, under the cover of darkness, and pushed out as stealthily as a hundred heavily armoured warriors could manage. So far so good. Unfortunately, whoever had made the map that Marshal Tycho Hauke, commander of the 14th, and been shown in the Venzer’s tent earlier that day had severely underestimated the distance between the hill they had crested that morning and the patch of forest they were supposed to occupy on the other side of the dead ground. This meant that by the time the 14th was getting into position, hours later than planned, the sun was up and everything started going wrong from there. A human scouting party, no doubt on the lookout for such mischief, had spotted them just as they were making their way in amongst the trees and had sounded the alarm. Within fifteen minutes what looked like a large proportion of the entire human army arrived, including cavalry, and swept down across the plain to meet the 14th Shieldbearers in battle. Tycho Hauke had a decision to make. If he stayed and fought, they would surely be overwhelmed. Not even basitins could withstand such an assaulting force as was raised against them. Alternatively, he could run and try and make it back to the rest of the basitin army. Hauke opted for a hybrid of the two, ordering the men into a fighting retreat, thus accomplishing his initial objective of screening the army’s advance while also attempting to make it back so that the company wouldn’t be destroyed. There was just one small problem. The 14th was now so far away from the rest of the army that Tauber, in his role as company signaller, could no longer reach his fellow signallers with his warhorn. No matter how hard he blew, no response was heard. They would have to get closer before any aid could come their way.

The 14th set off on the long journey, marching steadily until the human cavalry caught up to them and they were forced to turn and engage. Even as the outer ranks of Shieldbearers formed a defensive square perimeter, the whole company kept marching backwards, slowly inching their way across the open plain as horses and men bellowed all around them. It was only their supreme training that allowed the beleaguered basitins to fall back in such a manner while maintaining their formation and so keeping the worst of the cavalry attacks at bay. Even so, men soon began to fall, both humans and basitins. Enemies were finished off, friends were either quickly dragged back into the defensive square or left to the mercy of their foes. There could be no breaking of ranks to save compatriots. The company’s progress was so slowed by the harrying of the cavalry that the human infantry quickly caught them. Now, in addition to moving in formation under constant attack, they had to cut their way through foes from every direction in order to make any headway. By some miracle though, the company made progress and they eventually found themselves atop the small hill that they had crossed several hours earlier at the start of this whole mess. By this point, the 14th was at just over 2/3rds strength with many friends and even more enemies left strewn across the bloody path the company had cut across the plain. The foe had retreated for now, slinking back a hundred or so meters in order to devise some new strategy that didn’t involve throwing themselves at an impenetrable wall of certain death. They would be back though, of that no man in the company had any doubt. As the top of the hill was gained, a cry of triumph rippled around the survivors. Soon they would be able to get reinforcements from the main army…

…which was nowhere to be seen. The jubilant shouting quickly died as the message was passed around. Marshal Tycho Hauke, the company second in command Optio Rocco Ehlers and signaller Luther Tauber convened a hurried command conference as the rest of the men dug in on the hill, a much more defensible position playing to the advantages of the static warfare the Shieldbearers much preferred.
“Where the [censored] has everyone gone?!” hissed Ehlers, his sword bloodied and the blue plume atop his helmet in ragged shape. The basitin army had been right there when the 14th had set off before sunrise, yet now they had disappeared as if into thin air.
“Something must have happened, they must have had to relocate,” replied Hauke.
“Without telling us?” Ehlers was clearly livid.
“No way to reach us,” stated Tauber, matter-of-factly. “If they had to move quickly, I doubt even the Magno Audientium would have had the time or the volume to reach us all the way over here.” He was referring to the highest-ranking signaller attached to the army; a veteran of the Royal Corps of Signals who carried a massive brass horn called a cornu which snaked around the Magno Audientium’s body and was used to carry the commander’s orders across the battlefield. If they were so far away that even the cornu was inaudible, then the measly horn slung around Tauber’s neck on its red rope would have no chance. The company was completely on their own. A deathly silence seemed to fall over the 14th as this realisation spread amongst the men. The only sound to be heard was the gentle fluttering of the company’s battle standard, attached via a socket to the back of Tauber’s cuirass, and the tramping of thousands of feet as the regrouped human soldiers began to advance once more up the hill to engage the basitins. Death and Glory it was to be then.

The next half an hour was a whirlwind of steel, blood, screaming and dying. Marshal Hauke, leading the defence at the front of the line fell in the first few minutes, a sword thrust into his neck. His last act was to vomit blood into the face of his killer and to drive his own sword deep into the human’s gut. A true basitin’s death. With the marshal dead and his gold-armoured corpse trampled into the ground, Optio Ehlers took command of the 14th. As his new position demanded, he too pushed his way to the front of the rapidly contracting defensive square. The humans were coming from all sides now with the basitins facing outward in all directions, defending the hill top that was to be their grave with every ounce of strength they had. Tauber, in the centre of the square and with nothing else he could do, blew his horn repeatedly, sending the same message again and again into the ether where he knew no one would hear him: enemy engaged, reinforcements required.

The 14th’s numbers dwindled. Optio, now Marshal, Ehlers fell like his predecessor after only inhabiting the position for twelve minutes, leaving Tauber technically in charge of the company. There was nothing to be done in terms of command and control however as Tauber and all of the rest of them knew and he was still after all the company’s signaller so he remained where he was at the centre of the shrinking square, issuing brief bellows of encouragement to his compatriots to fight harder in between blowing the same old message: enemy engaged, reinforcements required. The morning dragged on and the hordes of enemy crowded ever closer. Their numbers were severely reduced, with far more human bodies littering the battlefield then basitin ones, but there were still so many that Tauber knew he was entering the last few minutes of his life. He felt a strange calm descend over him as this fact registered in his brain. Soon, all that would be left of him and rest of the 14th Shieldbearers would be a hundred gold names etched for eternity upon the great, black marble monoliths in the Hall of Glory. In the last minute or so, Tauber himself had had to bring his weapon to bear in combat as the square wavered and gaps needed filling. His sword was bloodied, his armour dented and scratched and even the 14th’s banner, still held high on his back, was torn from numerous arrows and spears that had come sailing over the formation and nearly ended his battle prematurely. Tauber’s mind wandered briefly, casting back to happier moments from his youth as well as the faces of those he would leave behind. It would not be long now. With a snap his attention was brought back to reality. It seemed to him that the battlefield had gone quiet and still. He looked around at the forces arrayed against him, for now he saw, he was the only one of his once proud company left standing. The bodies of friends, the last ones to fall, lay around his paws: Ackner, Nosske, Dorn and many more, all dead now or dying. Tauber raised his visor, put the warhorn to his lips and blew his message one last time… and was greeted by an answer.

Acknowledged, reinforcements incoming.

The sound, feint, carried on the wind to Tauber’s sensitive ears, came from a cornu. The main basitin army had heard his message and now were on their way. He could tell that even the humans had heard the call for they suddenly shifted nervously, unsure of what to do. They outnumbered him a thousand to one and had him surrounded on all sides, but in that moment, Tauber felt like their positions were reversed. In that moment, he had brought death to all of them. Luther Tauber, twenty-four years old, signaller and last survivor of the honourable Fenzloch 14th Shieldbearers company lowered his horn to his side, its work complete. He checked the mounting on the back of his cuirass to make sure the company standard was secure, raised his sword into an ochs guard, bellowed a final war cry at the wavering foe and charged down the hill to meet his glory.
Image Image

Thallium
Templar

Re: The Basitin Military in 3D: Part 5 - Final Stand

#96 Post by Thallium »

Part 6 of the 3D images. As mentioned previously, I wanted to try something a little different this time and actually recreate a scene from the comic. I've always considered Keith's encounter with Alaric on the bridge to be one of the most significant moments in the story so far, so I decided that that would be my first attempt, specifically page 478, panel 6. This provided a nice challenge on how to get everything looking wet, which is something I haven't done before, as well as the eternal challenge of lighting up a night scene.

So with this piece out of the way, I come to the end of my backlog of images, which means that from now on I will no longer be on the weekly upload schedule I've maintained since the beginning of this series. 3D images take significantly longer to create than 2D ones (for me at least) but I think the results speak for themselves, so I hope you don't mind uploads taking longer than usual. I won't give a definite time frame for uploads as that will vary based on the complexity of the scene and also, as art competes for my free time with everything else I like to do, on how motivated I feel at a given time. I will give a tentative schedule of at least something every month but do not be surprised if that slips. I haven't fully decided what the next image will be yet, although I do have some ideas but I'm also open to suggestions if any of you would like to give them. With that said, I hope you enjoy the Battle on the Bridge!

The steady drumbeat of rain and the occasional flash of lightning in the darkness were doing nothing to alleviate the creeping sense of dread that Keith Keiser felt in his heart. The past hour had seen one friend beaten and captured by the Templar and another almost killed by his own hand with only a moment’s hesitation on his part saving their life. And now he was walking alone through the deserted streets of the city of Fenzloch, his green cloak wrapped around his shoulders and the rain pummelling a steady drumbeat on his helmet, his paws drawing him inexorably towards a fate he never wanted but now had no choice but to accept. For years he had strived to return here, his home, from his exile on the continent. And now that he was so close to achieving that dream, it was all being taken away from him. It was all so unfair. But Keith knew he had to make amends; it was his fault they were all in this mess after all.

A gap appeared in the buildings up ahead and beyond it reared the great stone walls and mighty towers of Hohlen Hold, separated from the city proper by a great ravine with a river rushing along its base. In a quiet, secluded corner near a length of the wall was their target: the Templar tower; a pulsing blue light marking its presence like a beacon in the gloom of the night. Three bridges spanned the chasm with the largest being directly in front of him and the other two lying to the north and south. If the plan was to have a chance of working, Keith would need to distract any guards along this main arterial route so that his comrades could sneak into the castle across the other bridges. The whole mission was a long shot and the thought of raising steel against his own people made Keith feel sick to his stomach. But his orders had been wrong and deep down he knew that. If the choice came down to his friends or the people who had ordered him to murder his friends, he knew there was only one decision he could make. Biology and years of social conditioning screamed at him mercilessly for disobeying his superiors, but these feelings had been tempered by years of living outside of the bubble of the Basitin Isles and now what would have come naturally to him once stuck in his mind in a way that was both painful and unsettling. Yet despite this, the course of action he must take was clear. If his people would not listen to reason, then he must force it upon them.

The lightning flashed as Keith set paw upon the central bridge, illuminating his surroundings for a brief instant before they were lost to darkness once again. He had encountered no resistance thus far which boded well for his comrades; if they could make it to the tower before encountering opposition, this whole plan had a much higher chance of success. As he placed one paw determinedly in front of the other, Keith could hear the rushing of the water below him, the normally gentle river rising to a torrent amongst the downpour. He was about half way across when he saw it, a feint outline on the other side of the ravine. It was only visible in the brief moments when the lightning flashed but it was definitely there, a lone figure coming slowly towards him. With every abrupt illumination, the dark shape advanced down the bridge towards him like some sort of shadowy mirror image until they were but meters apart. It was in this moment that Keith saw who it was that opposed him. Master General Nickolai Alaric; his best friend from childhood and also the man who had ordered Keith to kill the person he loved. The two of them stopped and faced each other upon that narrow bridge far above the ground, the only sounds being the beating of the rain and the crack of thunder. For what seemed like an eternity they stood, neither moving as they studied each other’s faces. Keith did not know what expression he wore but he could see the look of solemn resignation upon his friend’s features. Alaric drew his arms back and clasped them behind his back under the leather cloak he wore, the pommel of the sword on his belt glinting dimly. The lightning blazed once more, throwing the two of them into sharp relief.
“I’m sorry, Brother…” Alaric began.
“This is the end.”
Image Image

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

Re: The Basitin Military in 3D: Part 6 - Battle on the Bridge

#97 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Ok to be honest i had not realized you posted the last 2 pieces...
It is a shame we won't bes being these more often. These pieces and the stories embedded were actually quite fun to read.
In any case my thought on your last 2 images:
Thallium wrote:And now onwards to part 5! Sometimes battles don't go the basitins way, despite their abilities and armaments and you are going to see the result of such a situation this week. Of course, basitins don't run from a fight and so final stand situations like this one are not unheard of amongst the basitin's ranks. This image was difficult both materially and compositionally. From the materials perspective, it is always easier to make things look clean and pristine like you've seen in previous images, it is much harder to make things look scuffed, dirty and bloody like you see here. Compositionally, it was difficult getting the various pieces of "battlefield detritus" arranged in a way that made it look like a torn up war zone while not distracting from the central figure in the image: the signaller. Lots of things learnt from this one an I'm very happy with how it turned out.
Ah machines! As you an tell by now they are exceedingly good at repeating the same over and over but fail we some "natural variation" is to be introduced. That is why making something look messy takes a lot of hardcoding manual effort and attention to detail. Now the person is doing most of the job. Not the machine.
Anyhow nice piece. The only thing that strikes me as weird is the random arm lying on the ground. Seriously what hit the poor rabbit dude to chop through his arm while wearing platemail: A water jet, plasma cutter? Also the blood has a ketchupp texture but that may just be me, I had not noticed but from this angle the basitin head looks a bit weird, like he does not have a neck, also it took me a while to figure out that the figure on the left was a horse, "What is a dead ogre doing in the scene?" was my first thought. But otherwise is a nice and well composed piece.
Thallium wrote:Part 6 of the 3D images. As mentioned previously, I wanted to try something a little different this time and actually recreate a scene from the comic. I've always considered Keith's encounter with Alaric on the bridge to be one of the most significant moments in the story so far, so I decided that that would be my first attempt, specifically page 478, panel 6. This provided a nice challenge on how to get everything looking wet, which is something I haven't done before, as well as the eternal challenge of lighting up a night scene.

So with this piece out of the way, I come to the end of my backlog of images, which means that from now on I will no longer be on the weekly upload schedule I've maintained since the beginning of this series. 3D images take significantly longer to create than 2D ones (for me at least) but I think the results speak for themselves, so I hope you don't mind uploads taking longer than usual. I won't give a definite time frame for uploads as that will vary based on the complexity of the scene and also, as art competes for my free time with everything else I like to do, on how motivated I feel at a given time. I will give a tentative schedule of at least something every month but do not be surprised if that slips. I haven't fully decided what the next image will be yet, although I do have some ideas but I'm also open to suggestions if any of you would like to give them. With that said, I hope you enjoy the Battle on the Bridge!
Not gonna lie here, this is a bit rough on the edges. The sky and the hill look really nice and ominous. The architecture not so much, both the tower, the wall and the bridge look like LEGO and sticks out from the otherwise green natural landscape. I wish I could say something about the general and his favorite rabbit warrior. But the scene is to dark and can only see two clocked figures. (I does not help that i keep my monitor brightness and contras low thought). Speaking of which the stone is incredibly bright compared to anything else except the thunder.

In any case gonna miss these post. Be reading you elsewhere!
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Thallium
Templar

Re: The Basitin Military in 3D: Part 6 - Battle on the Bridge

#98 Post by Thallium »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:19 am Ok to be honest i had not realized you posted the last 2 pieces...
It is a shame we won't bes being these more often. These pieces and the stories embedded were actually quite fun to read.
In any case my thought on your last 2 images:

---

Ah machines! As you an tell by now they are exceedingly good at repeating the same over and over but fail we some "natural variation" is to be introduced. That is why making something look messy takes a lot of hardcoding manual effort and attention to detail. Now the person is doing most of the job. Not the machine.
Anyhow nice piece. The only thing that strikes me as weird is the random arm lying on the ground. Seriously what hit the poor rabbit dude to chop through his arm while wearing platemail: A water jet, plasma cutter? Also the blood has a ketchupp texture but that may just be me, I had not noticed but from this angle the basitin head looks a bit weird, like he does not have a neck, also it took me a while to figure out that the figure on the left was a horse, "What is a dead ogre doing in the scene?" was my first thought. But otherwise is a nice and well composed piece.

---

Not gonna lie here, this is a bit rough on the edges. The sky and the hill look really nice and ominous. The architecture not so much, both the tower, the wall and the bridge look like LEGO and sticks out from the otherwise green natural landscape. I wish I could say something about the general and his favorite rabbit warrior. But the scene is to dark and can only see two clocked figures. (I does not help that i keep my monitor brightness and contras low thought). Speaking of which the stone is incredibly bright compared to anything else except the thunder.

In any case gonna miss these post. Be reading you elsewhere!
I've learned a lot in the few pieces I've done so far, as well as the kind feedback from yourself and others. In large I agree with your assessment of these last two images; the final stand being far better (with a little bit of artistic licence re. the severed arm) than the battle on the bridge. I think this is due to the content; at the end of the day this is furry art and the former has much more of that than the latter. The battle on the bridge is also not helped by being at night which automatically makes it less easy to see and therefore less interesting to look at.

So I'm going to take on board some general points that I've discovered and use them to make more interesting and better art in the future:
1) People like characters front and centre (again, this is furry art after all)
2) Bright scenes are more appealing than dark scenes
3) Dynamic content is more appealing than static content
4) Variety is the spice of life

To that end, the next piece (whenever it is done) will be taking on board all of those points and so will hopefully be superior to anything I've done in the past.
Image Image