restarting the requests

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

restarting the requests

#1 Post by kiabugboy »

so, the request thread is sort of dead for a while now, and frankly, it was because i was overwhelmed

i really loved drawing all of the things you guys asked me to since the beginning :P , but later on there's starting to be more and more of them and they get more and more complicated as well... so eventually i can't keep up with them anymore.

i want to start taking requests again, but, i don't think i can do it simply for free now...
so i'm thinking of charging for some amount of money for them. (i'm really sorry (;_;) , i thought it would never come to this ) i've never made actual money from my arts before, but i want to try to, it'd be something i'd be proud to tell my parents :P

you guys can still ask around for requests that i might do for free :roll: but i can't guarantee i'll do them,

anyway, now i'm just trying to figure out a way on how to set up the payments. i have a paypal, and maybe i can set up a patreon or something? so if you guys are interested maybe you can help me out if some of you know about these kind of things?

thanks a lot guys :heart:

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: restarting the requests

#2 Post by amenon »

Excellent! I hope you're not going to sell yourself too cheap, either :P

Can't help you with any of the practical stuff, I'm afraid. It's proper income and everything, so you might have to think about taxes and all that jazz as well... definitely a pretty big research topic if you want to be all proper about it, and very dependant on your specific laws. Patreon would probably be pretty convenient from all that perspective, but I don't think it makes sense for commissions in specific.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Ketzal »

Well it's about time you asked for compensation! XD

Seriously, it's good that you're starting to value your time now.

Expect something from me by the beginning of august :P

ReBob
Council Member

#4 Post by ReBob »

Would you accept art trades? If not, I may go ahead and request anyway depending on price, but my money may get allocated to other things for awhile.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Bon
Master

#5 Post by Bon »

Kia your art is amazing, and i think you should charge money for them! you are too good, and could make some good money from it :P

I think i have something in mind i want to commission from you next month when i get paid :P Just a drawing of my updated sona xD and I would also say it would be amazing if you streamed drawing so we could watch it with like Picarto or something :P

Add/Follow me on anything :flora:

Steam!

Twitter!

Facebook!

Twitch!

PSN: IBonsly

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#6 Post by FrogSteaks »

kiabugboy wrote:i want to start taking requests again, but, i don't think i can do it simply for free now...
so i'm thinking of charging for some amount of money for them. (i'm really sorry (;_;) , i thought it would never come to this )
Please don't feel bad about doing this. If anything it's a testament to just how much you've improved as an artist. And to how much your drawings are appreciated. You definitely deserve to be properly compensated for what you do.
Bon wrote:I would also say it would be amazing if you streamed drawing so we could watch it with like Picarto or something :P
Absolutely yes! I'd love to see how you go about making these drawings. I think it would be quite fascinating watching how they come together.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Samantaz
Master

#7 Post by Samantaz »

Yay ! Cool !

Don't be afraid to ask something for art ! Any work deserves salary !

Just choose the right payment method/system (taxes D:), and .. here ya go ! I'll be happy to support you :)
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#8 Post by SirJahar »

Glad to see you picking up the pen again, Kia!
Just make sure now that money is getting involved, you make sure to brush up on your nation's tax code, and try to think what you'll charge in general for certain kinds of work.
Once I have an income again, I plan to try to get a couple things.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#9 Post by Hayate »

Good for you Kia, your work is so amazing you really deserve to be paid to do this. :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--