Twokinds Animations interest check

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Twokinds Animations interest check

#1 Post by The Rookie »

Hey guys

So I know what you're all probably thinking. "Oh, another Twokinds Animation thread. *Locked*" but please hear me out.

For starters, I am not trying to gather support for an animated series. What I want to do is create a place for folks to come together, upload, discuss, work together on and offer advice for others interested in creating animated content here on the forums. I myself have very little experience in this regard, so I'm hoping some of the old hands in animation (Such as bond84 and... Others!) can offer up some of their knowledge and experience to the table.

So what I hoping to see is maybe a few short animations taking scenes from the comic, a couple of gifs, maybe even some original content and art styles, ect. Then be sit down and discuss the strengths of the pieces and offer/ask for advice on how to improve for next time.

I really hope this kind of acts as incentive for those in the community who've been sitting on the fence to try and take a stab at finally giving their ideas a try, or get around to finishing those early sketches and early renders.

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys :grin:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

Re: Twokinds Animations interest check

#2 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:Hey guys

So I know what you're all probably thinking. "Oh, another Twokinds Animation thread. *Locked*" but please hear me out.
Hmm, I'll have to dig back into the archives and have a look.

I am assuming you mean just a few seconds of motion, right?
What I would like to see is a scene of sweetness between :trace: & :flora: ... the reason being that due to the improvement in the art itself, the loveliest (visually) scenes we have are between Keith and either :laura: or :natani: .

Twokinds became a world-class (or better) comic right about the time Trace & Flora became a settled couple, I miss stuff like the scene at the waterline.

Edited out the outburst.... looks like you experts have it well in hand!
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#3 Post by The Rookie »

So, after this massive hail storm last night I couldn't get back to sleep. Instead I decided to try my hand and making an animated version of the first page. I hope it's alright.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by kiabugboy »

The Rookie wrote:animated version of the first page. I hope it's alright.]
Will you be doing the other pages in order? :D if that's even possible/not time consuming.

Maybe you should try animating the sarah vs basitins fight, again, if it's possible. I don't know how long it takes to animate stuff.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#5 Post by The Rookie »

kiabugboy wrote:Will you be doing the other pages in order? :D if that's even possible/not time consuming.
Maybe not entire pages, but I've got a few panels lined up. We'll just have to see.
kiabugboy wrote:Maybe you should try animating the sarah vs basitins fight, again, if it's possible. I don't know how long it takes to animate stuff.
It certainly takes a while. I'm not sure I'd be able to do much with the newer action pages. They're just a bit too pretty and flashy for me to pick apart and move around with out it looking awkward.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#6 Post by Vintage »

The Rookie wrote:So, after this massive hail storm last night I couldn't get back to sleep. Instead I decided to try my hand and making an animated version of the first page. I hope it's alright.
http://i.imgur.com/u8JHlAV.gif
Holy [censored] that's awesome! :o How long did that take? It's pretty smooth for a .gif.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#7 Post by The Rookie »

TheWMM wrote:http://i.imgur.com/u8JHlAV.gifHoly [censored] that's awesome! :o How long did that take? It's pretty smooth for a .gif.
Why thank you. It took me the better part of a morning, although the majority of that was deciding how I wanted to set the panels out, as well as fiddling with the speeds.