Go [censored] yourself

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Schradiecks Animations

#1 Post by Vintage »

schradieck wrote:i have begun working on creating a 1/1 3D recreation of the twokinds world, and if all goes right i should be able to turn it into a free rift demo. let me know if you guys think it should be hyper-realistic, or cartoony, i was thinking realistic as i wasn't planning on adding any characters to it, but who knows
Twokinds by nature is mostly created in a cartoony style, so you might run into some design conflicts when trying to translate that into a more realistic style. Eh, but what do I know? I'm not an designer :P
schradieck wrote:(Now imagine there was a teaser image here, as the forum would not let me upload it :? )
Attachments don't work as far as I know. You'd need to upload it to a hosting site then use BBcode [img]link[/img] to display it.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#2 Post by judah4 »

Very neat :grin:

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#3 Post by puredeathly »

schradieck wrote:(I know i botched the lighting, but after a 12 hour render i didn't feel like fixing it.)
12h render? o.O What on earth is taking so long to render this?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

That is absolutely gorgeous. The peace and tranquility is simply masterful.

Well done.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#5 Post by Sage Asuka »

What program are you using for these..?

Also if you're still thinking of a recreation of the TK world for Oculus, it'd probably feel more like TK if you went cartoony. Otherwise it won't really stand out as being 'TwoKinds'. Are you making these assets yourself? Your image there has the grass very evenly spread out and it'd probably work better visually in spaced out clumps. It's enough of an implication that it doesn't seem out of place.

And goodness, 12 hours for a render omo; worst I've had was an hour because I applied a depth of field and stupidly used like...50 lights in a single Maya scene. You probably should try to cut down your time there.
Image Image Image Image

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#6 Post by Sage Asuka »

Ah, I've never touched blender. All my knowledge is maya. I know in maya you can split renders into layers (ao pass, shadow pass etc) which helps with render time. But I think you should try to work 'smart' with your stuff opo; 12 hour render is just really ridiculous, especially when we're not able to appreciate said fine details you're mentioning. You don't need to make unseen details for photorealism. You can fudge a lot.

http://orig13.deviantart.net/06db/f/201 ... 5meb40.png
Like take this thing...1 hour render because of the depth of field. N64 in the background is a low poly brick of a model with fancy textures because I could get away with it. The cartridge is also a block with texture because again, I knew I could get away with it. The soda can also is 100% texture on that top with a seam in back because no one would ever see from behind. The whole image is smoke and mirrors.

Don't kill yourself over the fine things. That or let us see all your effort. Don't let it go to waste, okay : D
Image Image Image Image

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by kiabugboy »

schradieck wrote:So i decide I'm going to teach myself to draw, this is going to be fun...

But at least i set up a nifty art station
Man, makes me wish i had a decent desk lamp when i was learning to draw. Would've saved me from
Wearing glasses and looking like a nerd :P

I still don't have a proper art station in my room since i mostly draw in my small sketchbook (and test papers) at school now. I dunno, i personally found that when i try to sit down and draw with a large sketchbook in front of me with all of my art supplies on the side, i actually end up making stiff-looking arts. But when i'm bored during class or having some free time after reccess, all this ideas would start popping up in my head and my drawings and designs actually looked better and more fluid.

Maybe you should get a small sketchbook to carry around and whenever you're bored you just doodle random stuffs in there. I don't even use many art supplies now, i just use one cheap pen to sketch anything i can think of

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by kiabugboy »

that tv remote in the last picture actually looks really good, pretty realistic if you ask me :D
the fox's face is also cute.

maybe if i could give an advice in drawing outfits it would be to draw the human figure first in its entirety including the torso and then drawing the outline of the outfit not too far from the shape of the body (unless you're intentionally drawing a really loose jacket or somethin'). then you can erase the body and draw the details of the outfit.

i don't think you suck at art at all, because your drawings are pretty good.
if you're ever interested in learning about drawing or maybe you have some free time, maybe you could checkout tutorials like this one from drawabox.com or youtube videos from this guy who i learn a few useful things from when i started digital drawing.

also, y'know, if you want to have the plague doctor's oc outfit, i could draw some designs for you.
if you're interested of course :roll: