bugboy's art, concept art, fanarts

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

bugboy's art, concept art, fanarts

#1 Post by kiabugboy »

alright, so this is where i'll be posting a lot of my digital painting and sketches. i draw a lot of stuff most of the time so hopefully i can post pretty often here (yay!)

anyway, what better way to start this thread than with another twokinds fanart. so here you go:

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: bugboy's art, concept art, fanarts

#2 Post by The Rookie »

Nicely done. Looking forward to more like it in the future.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

amenon
Grand Templar

#3 Post by amenon »

Keith speaks truth :grin:

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Vintage »

I'm really liking these. I can't wait to see more!

You should put your other one in here too. It's much easier to have one thread of all your works rather than a new one for each drawing.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by kiabugboy »

TheWMM wrote:
You should put your other one in here too. It's much easier to have one thread of all your works rather than a new one for each drawing.
sure

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by kiabugboy »

(varanus salvator)monitor lizard-mage

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#7 Post by FrogSteaks »

Hell of a job on that lizard-mage. Really loving that forward stance on the second one.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by kiabugboy »

hunters of salamanstra concept art

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by kiabugboy »

miasmic mercenaries
concept art of the webcomic derelict

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by kiabugboy »

monitor lizard-mage - colored

"there's light even in the darkest places.
without darkness, one cannot know light"
-internet-

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#11 Post by Vintage »

kiabugboy wrote:monitor lizard-mage - colored

"there's light even in the darkest places.
without darkness, one cannot know light"
-internet-

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/Aldri ... l.jpg.html
Those look really good. Pretty ominous in those dark shadows.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by kiabugboy »

my second attempt at re-drawing scribble netty's character as different animals.
netty is an animator youtuber that i found through pewdiepie's channel. she also happens to be the reason i found twokinds
Let me know which one's your favorite

here's my first attempt about 4 months ago back in may
obviously a lot has changed

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13 Post by Bellhead »

Quite the improvement, very nice! I love the detail on the shading, especially on the face of the wolf. Very well done.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by kiabugboy »

this is a world that i have been imagining and expanding for a very long time:
(the second and third drawing were made before i got a wacom so i had to make everything with my computer mouse, that's why they don't look that good)

the pods
by the end of the 21st century humans have achieved great progress in science, however, war, poverty, and overpopulation still exists. global companies became increasingly corrupted, using new technologies without fully understanding it. mining industries started using dangerous machines that slowly destroyed the inside of the earth, causing continents to become unstable and eventually fall apart. many scientists tried to explain this threat to the masses but no one really believed it would happen, sheltered in their ignorance while corrupted companies always end up silencing those who try to harm their profits. as the inevitable approaches, all of the world's few remaining non-corrupted organizations started an underground project to save whatever can be saved.

The pods, humanity's last 'escape pod', are basically mobile cities containing the few remaining civilizations after the world has fallen apart during the great quake. unexpected by the scientists, many flora and faunas (mainly invertebrates) were genetically altered heavily before the catastrophe, fast growing, extreme climate resistant, and dangerous biological oddities soon thrive after the cataclysm. nature was forced into an evolutionary arms race against these creatures until eventually, a completely different biosphere emerges. colossal towering jungles that grow within weeks filled with giant fast breeding arthropods along with dinosaur-like birds and reptiles covers most of the main continent where all of the pods are. it became impossible to create a new civilization under such a hostile environment. so, the pods must keep moving in fixed routes simply to keep itself from being severely overgrown with vegetation and to avoid being breached with the creatures that dwell in the jungles.

thankfully, solar energy and bio fuel created from the descendants of the many genetically engineered, oil rich plants can keep the pods almost perpetually moving. usually the pods are divided into 4 levels each as high as an apartment made to house many of the residence as well as militaries, laboratories and turrets while under each levels are sewage and air circulation systems along with farms growing crops requiring no sunlight, and breeding one of the harmless arthropods as a main source of meat

boneyard
taking place in the second, slightly smaller continent comprised of europe and america. the ecosystem here is much tamer compared to the main continent where it's impossible to establish a society outside of the pods, therefore allowing the human survivors to establish communities and eventually maintain a stable population as nomadic societies taking advantage of the rich wildlife to build weapons, temporary housings, vehicle armor, etc. In the absence of advanced human society, Towering trees replaced skyscrapers, gigantic insects roam the vast jungles filled with toxic plant life. dinosaur-like reptiles populate the open grasslands alongside grotesque mammals while vicious predatory birds hunt in the sky. The remaining humans are left to survive with whatever monsters nature manage to conjure up. This particular drawing depicts a small community of survivors who mine bones from colossals, any creature that manage to live longer than its species' average life span and continue to grow in size until it eventually collapse on its on weight. The boneyard is an area where many of this creatures come to die. Human survivors have taken advantage of this place to mine the strong bones that had harden overtime. They live a nomadic life but occasionally visit the area.

harpoon town
on the other side of the now changed planet earth. the Australian continent is sunken down during the massive earthquakes that wiped out advanced human civilizations but still shallow enough for human survivors to salvage the ruins of the cities to build new ones. gigantic coral reefs now fill the continent. many aquatic animals grow to huge sizes. giant arthropods, crustacean and various other marine invertebrates larger than humans now roam the ocean floor and inside corals.

aside from being very huge, many reef fishes have developed armored skin and tough plates as protection against predators even larger and more ferocious than them. Harpoon town is well known for its reliance on its large numbers of harpoon hunters to hunt for fishes in the open sea or to catch crabs and other giant invertebrates lurking under the large supports that keeps the town above sea level. Aside from hunting, inhabitants of harpoon town harvests sea weeds and various marine plants. Fresh water is gathered from very frequent rainstorms while oil is collected from the carcasses of the fishes they caught or from many new species of marine plants that was discovered to be able to produce large amounts of oil like substance that are far more efficient than gasoline. This drawing is very much inspired by the movie waterworld

there are a lot more concepts of creatures, places, and human survivors that i have in mind or that i wrote down and drew in my sketch books its just that i dont have the time to digitally draw every one of them

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by kiabugboy »

POOF!

now, lem'me just hide the JPEG file in the most obscure folders to make sure NONE of my family members see this