bugboy's art, concept art, fanarts

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

Re: bugboy's art, concept art, fanarts

#31 Post by kiabugboy »

been pretty bored lately, so i decided to draw a few of the forum member's profile picture that i often see
can you guess which one is which?

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#32 Post by Vintage »

kiabugboy wrote:been pretty bored lately, so i decided to draw a few of the forum member's profile picture that i often see
can you guess which one is which?

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/Aldri ... k.jpg.html
That made my day! :mrgreen:
(Which reminds me, I need to finish my drawings too. I forgot how plain I was)
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#33 Post by puredeathly »

Nice drawings!
Thank you for drawing my sona :mrgrin:

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#34 Post by kiabugboy »

The southern kingdom

amidst the peaceful, lush, green scenery of the southern highlands, the majestic towering structures of the southern kingdom can be seen piercing through the dense vegetation covering the mountain slopes.
at first glance this southern fortress looks nothing like a post-apocalyptic structure. in fact, it looks rather fantasy-like.
further south in the secondary continent, the climate gets colder therefore creating a far more tamer ecosystem compared to the northern plains. the flora and faunas inhabiting the highlands don't really differ too much from the old world. mountain mammals resembling gigantic versions of animals in the ice age roam the snowy landscapes higher up in the mountains. while over sized mountain goats, elks, and many other mammals reside in the same heights inhabited by humans thus creating a relation between them. the arthropods of the highlands are still very huge but much lesser in number than the north and rarely get bigger than a human. these tame conditions have led humans to thrive and flourish. therefore having more time to actually create a society with rich cultures and large architectures.

a northern cargo vehicle can be seen crossing the bridge, entering the gates of the fortress. this truck, along with the rest of the trading convoys bring with them crates of bone plates as well as bone-based weapons and armors harvested from the boneyards spread across the northern jungles. there are no boneyards in the highlands because the colossal faunas of the north can't move around in jagged mountainous terrains
this makes bone materials highly valuable to the southerners which led to trading activities happening between the two societies.
the southern kingdom possesses the one capability that northern nomads do not have, which is mining. therefore, the nomads highly value metal and any other resources obtained from mines that can be fashioned into more weapons and armors while the bones that they trade with the southerners are very durable against rust and weather conditions, creating a perfect material for long lasting housing materials that can withstand natural damages for a long time. an aspect that the nomads consider useless because they survive by constantly moving from places to places, living in their vehicles or temporary housings.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#35 Post by kiabugboy »

sand nomad

this is supposed to be a random sketch but sometimes i just get carried away and end up finishing a whole painting in a few hours

located on the northern part of the secondary continent is a large dessert often called by the northern nomads as the sand plains. the people living in this dessert have a different appearance than the ones near the jungles. they wear less protective armors due to the lack of dangerous faunas and instead, wear more dessert suited clothing to protect them from the sizzling heat. boneyards are easier to access in the dessert, often close to oasis's therefore many nomads have actually settled there, building houses on top of the large skeleton structures and creating a kingdom influenced by western and middle eastern culture. although, this kingdom is still smaller than the southern kingdom. the northern nomads are aware of the existence of the sand kingdom but don't really bother with them so the two civilizations simply mind their own business.

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#36 Post by puredeathly »

Your drawings are REALLY impressive.
I really love the "southern kingdom" (I like the pretty vivid colours).

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#37 Post by kiabugboy »

puredeathly wrote:Your drawings are REALLY impressive.
I really love the "southern kingdom" (I like the pretty vivid colours).
Thankyou :mrgreen:
I was inspired by hayao miyazaki's movies when drawing the southern kingdom

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#38 Post by Twippit »

Oh man, how did I miss this thread?! This stuff is great pal, keep it up!
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#39 Post by Him »

Hm, I enjoy this art. In fact the first thing I thought while looking at the landscapes is how great these would be as altered art for basic lands in Magic the Gathering. Which is a pretty good compliment, in my opinion.

Honestly, I like your work a lot and would rank you as one of the better artists here. I expect only the best from you, congratulations.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#40 Post by kiabugboy »

The Pods 2

i felt like the first drawing didn't really capture the sense of the size and scale i was going for
so i made this close up drawing of one of the large tank-like wheels of the pods from a lower angle to
R e a l l y show how colossal this thing is.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#41 Post by Ketzal »

holy crap, your stuff looks awesome :O

What program are you using?

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#42 Post by kiabugboy »

Fubar de Lizzy wrote:holy crap, your stuff looks awesome :O

Good ol' photoshop cs6 :mrgrin:

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#43 Post by Myperson54 »

Man, this is really good stuff. Your scenery especially makes me think of the environments from Myst or Mass Effect.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Vintage
Certified Fool

#44 Post by Vintage »

kiabugboy wrote:

You're lucky to have CS6 before Adobe moved to the cloud. Whoever thought that was a bright idea needs to be fired...
I've been wanting that program for the longest time, as I only have a rapidly-aging Photoshop Elements 10. Still gets the job done, though. Keep up the good work!
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#45 Post by Myperson54 »

TheWMM wrote:
kiabugboy wrote:

You're lucky to have CS6 before Adobe moved to the cloud. Whoever thought that was a bright idea needs to be fired...
I've been wanting that program for the longest time, as I only have a rapidly-aging Photoshop Elements 10. Still gets the job done, though. Keep up the good work!
Oh, the newer versions are pretty great, though. One of the more recent versions of CC2015 allows you to apply custom css to things. I know Illustrator is sort of better for wireframing and mocking up webpages, but the option is great to have. I can use it to convert css properties to images for my rainmeter skins.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!