TwoKinds Animation, Issue 1-3

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jam
Traveler

TwoKinds Animation, Issue 1-3

#1 Post by Jam »

I'm keeping these videos unlisted as I plan to finish a few issues before releasing anything publicly!

ORIGINAL POST:
I fell in love with Twokinds and read the entirety of it in one night only 2 weeks ago, and I decided I would love to see it animated so I set out to the task, this is a basic animatic I've made for the first issue/comic, I'm looking for constructive feedback when it comes to thing such as animation, and timing. Line work, and drawing quality will be majorly improved when I go over this with vectors for the final product, this was the first time I've drawn in a few years so don't be too mean :P and please forgive my bad voice acting, now that all the disclaimers are aside here you go:

https://youtu.be/a_BaFubMh-c (animatic of first issue)

UPDATE: 29/07/15
I have finalised the animation for the first issue of two kinds, for a first time animation I'm pretty pleased with the results. I won't be doing sound effects or better voice acting till I finish a few issues, but the backgrounds could certainly use some work if anyone has the talent and wants to redraw them please let me know :)
https://youtu.be/22XMu9Kn4r4 (final animation of first issue)

UPDATE: 01/08/15
I Finished the Animatic for the second issue, but I'm not gonna bother posting it because not too many people seem interested TBH, but once I've finalised it, I'll upload a video of it and issue one together as Iv'e animated them as one continuous episode.

UPDATE: 20/08/15
I finished the animation of issue one and two, I have compiled them into one video below, a few things of note 1) the background's are terrible it would be really great if someone more talented might want to redraw them, 2) The voice and audio are certainly not finals, these are all placeholders by me, and I'm recovering from a cold, and 3) there is no lip syncing because it would be a waste of time to lip sync to unfinal voices, I'm sorry this update was so late but I got quite sick and had some tech difficulties for a while. If you have any criticism please don't be shy.
https://youtu.be/rLjZBEY3T6M (final animation of issue 1 and 2)

UPDATE: 05/09/15
Issue 3 is complete, and I have smoothed out the animation in issue 1&2 a bit, I have redone all the voices, I'm happy with them now that I've had a chance to use my professional equipment, I haven't applied any effects to them yet, and they are still all me (there are a few people I'm considering for Flora), anyway for the very few of you who watch them here is the link to issue 1,2 and now 3
[video]https://youtu.be/koAzmkJoML0[/video]

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

Re: TwoKinds Animatic (animation)

#2 Post by Twippit »

Oh man, /another one/?! Look... We've had a few of these kinds of projects crop up over time (like four separate attempts), and I've had my hand at least partially in each one. We even talked to Markiplier once about doing some voice acting (not kidding).

So I'm here to offer support, and wish you luck. At this point, it's kind of my job.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Jam
Traveler

Re: TwoKinds Animatic (animation)

#3 Post by Jam »

Twippit wrote:Oh man, /another one/?! Look... We've had a few of these kinds of projects crop up over time (like four separate attempts), and I've had my hand at least partially in each one. We even talked to Markiplier once about doing some voice acting (not kidding).

So I'm here to offer support, and wish you luck. At this point, it's kind of my job.
Haha well thanks I suppose :P and I've finalised the animation of the first issue now, its up in the original post, if that's any confirmation of my dedication, I've probably now spent around 10 hours on this project, and it's so much fun.
Oh awesome about Markiplier, he has one of my favorite voices, so maybe if I finalise the animation of enough issues he'd be interested in this :P

Jam
Traveler

Re: TwoKinds Animation (Issue 2 complete!)

#4 Post by Jam »

UPDATE: 20/08/15
I finished the animation of issue one and two, I have compiled them into one video below, a few things of note 1) the background's are terrible it would be really great if someone more talented might want to redraw them, 2) The voice and audio are certainly not finals, these are all placeholders by me, and I'm recovering from a cold, and 3) there is no lip syncing because it would be a waste of time to lip sync to unfinal voices, I'm sorry this update was so late but I got quite sick and had some tech difficulties for a while. If you have any criticism please don't be shy.
Video is back up in main post

Jam
Traveler

Re: TwoKinds Animation, Issue 1-3

#5 Post by Jam »

UPDATE: 05/09/15
Issue 3 is complete, and I have smoothed out the animation in issue 1&2 a bit, I have redone all the voices, I'm happy with them now that I've had a chance to use my professional equipment, I haven't applied any effects to them yet, and they are still all me (there are a few people I'm considering for Flora), anyway for the very few of you who watch them here is the link to issue 1,2 and now 3 [links in original post]