Hoodlum's Sketches

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Fellow Hoodlum

Hoodlum's Sketches

#1 Post by Fellow Hoodlum »

I found one of Tom's awesome sketches and decided to try to make my own sketch. Funny thing is, this is my first ever attempt at making a sketch without any tracing, and my 4th sketch ever. I actually started with trying to sketch Kat's left eye, and ended up adding details as much as the paper would allow me. Any opinions?

If the images are too big, I can resize them or just put links in their place.

EDIT: Latest version, some improvements in the breast/neck area.

Older version.

In the end, the only thing I had to fix was the thing i started from, left eye. Here's a pic of the original left eye.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: A sketch of Kat

#2 Post by Myperson54 »

This is actually quite good! I think the rightmost eye - Kat's left, seen on our right - is a tad too far to the side; It's reminiscent of KEY's face designs, of which there is one. It's not even as bad as that though - This is significantly less noticeable.

The other thing I'm thinking might be better is the way her breast slopes up into... her neck? It looks fine at a glance, but I almost feel like it should be coming up closer to the viewer, near her armpit or shoulder. That said, I'm really not sure because of the angle and position of the arms - Perhaps someone with a better knowledge (or more readily accessible archive) of anatomy can confirm or deny this for me.

That said, those are two minor things I noticed; This is still great! I think the forum would love to see more of what you can do.

Also, why not introduce yourself on the newbie board? It ain't mandatory, but it's a good way to meet the most present faces!

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Fellow Hoodlum

#3 Post by Fellow Hoodlum »

You're right on both accounts. Tbh I feel like I made her eyes slightly too far apart in general, resulting in a slightly wider head (compared to Tom's sketch at least), and that can also be noticed in the right curvature of the mouth which extends somewhat too far to our right. Concerning her breast slope, it was covered with an apron in Tom's sketch so I omitted adding a line to fix it as I did not include it in my sketch.

Still, I think it turned out okay for my first try. I'll definitely try to make more sketches with time, and hopefully they'll improve.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#4 Post by Myperson54 »

Definitely. Like I said, my criticisms are only small flaws, especially if you're not an experienced artist. I look forward to seeing what else you're capable of!

Fellow Hoodlum

#5 Post by Fellow Hoodlum »

I made some major improvements on the breast/neck area(breast is now correctly over the body instead of behind and size slightly increased to match Tom's sketch better), but sadly I can't fix the eye. I'd love to move it slightly to the left and increase it's size by around 5-10%, but I doubt I could erase the black outline without leaving a horrible smudge.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#6 Post by Myperson54 »

I wasn't sure if I was right, but I do think this looks better. I wouldn't worry about the eye too much, personally; It's too much effort for something so small.

Fellow Hoodlum

#7 Post by Fellow Hoodlum »

You definitely were right, I checked some pictures and this is more or less how the anatomy should look from that angle.

prototype99
Master

#8 Post by prototype99 »

nice sketch :) would you do requests? (small warning, it may involve pokémon XD) the second sketch does look better though.
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

Fellow Hoodlum

#9 Post by Fellow Hoodlum »

I could give it a try I suppose. What did you have in mind?

prototype99
Master

#10 Post by prototype99 »

could you do a sketch of a pokémon called sylveon? I thought it might be interesting to see you do it, also sylveon :3
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#11 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Holy balls.
- Markimoo

This is really good. The latest sketch.. I...

There's nothing wrong with it. I seriously cannot find anything wrong with it. Even her left(our right) eye, I just..

Wow.

Along the lines of request, think you could do something you may not have a reference for?
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

asphere8
Master

#12 Post by asphere8 »

You say you're not an artist? Liar!
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#13 Post by Twippit »

Wow, hot damn. I'll be watching this for sure.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Fellow Hoodlum

Re: Hoodlum's Sketches

#14 Post by Fellow Hoodlum »

Here's a drawing requested by prototype99. At least I think that's what he requested, I wasn't sure. Anyway, it's my version and it has some flaws, but hopefully my next sketch will benefit from the experience.

My first sketch without using a reference.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

Re: Hoodlum's Sketches

#15 Post by FrogSteaks »

That's pretty good man, especially with no reference. It may just be me, but seeing that pokeball there just sitting open made me giggle, like she just popped out of it ready to go. :wink:
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky