Rookie's Edits and animations

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: Rookie's Edits and animations

#61 Post by The Rookie »

Lief wrote:
The Rookie wrote:Kind of a shame so many people are using different themes or can otherwise see different shades of colour in the background, but it was still fun to make.
Make the background an alpha/transparent, then it won't matter quite so much what themes people are using.
This could work. I might give that a shot sometime this afternoon.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#62 Post by FrogSteaks »

The Rookie wrote:
Lief wrote:
The Rookie wrote:Kind of a shame so many people are using different themes or can otherwise see different shades of colour in the background, but it was still fun to make.
Make the background an alpha/transparent, then it won't matter quite so much what themes people are using.
Heh. So now you can really fool people into thinking its a real spoiler. Thanks a lot, Lief.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#63 Post by Vintage »

The Rookie wrote:
Lief wrote:
I would recommend that too. That's what I do whenever I try to make a .gif, if applicable. What you also have to watch out for is the fact that the spoiler window expands the size of the post and color. Last I checked, the forum's (subsilver2, I think it's called if you're using that version) gray color doesn't like to display well when you re-upload a picture of itself. You may have to tweak the actual color a little for it to work correctly. Plus, the color of the posting background alternates every other post. It's hard to see, but it's there.
Spoiler!
If transparency isn't an option, these are the best-quality color examples I could produce for the web:

-------------Light Gray (this post) --------------------- Dark Gray (every other post)--------
ImageImage

Try clicking and dragging them over other posts (if you have subsilver2 on) to see if they work well. If you look hard enough, you might be able to make out the outlines of the squares, but it's very subtle.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#64 Post by puredeathly »

TheWMM wrote:If you look hard enough, you might be able to make out the outlines of the squares, but it's very subtle.
If you can only barely notice the colour difference you probably have a bad screen :P
On my (calibrated) screen the difference is huge :flora:

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#65 Post by TinyVoices »

puredeathly wrote:
TheWMM wrote:If you look hard enough, you might be able to make out the outlines of the squares, but it's very subtle.
If you can only barely notice the colour difference you probably have a bad screen :P
For me, the appropriate colored square fits well with it's appropriate colored post. But I can see the difference between the light "gray" blue on the left, and the darker version. Also, while looking at the Topic review screen while writing this post, the color of the posts are swapped. The appropriate colors are seamless, still.

But this is the problem that we've always had, even before the forum style updates. Back when we tried to make hidden text, we'd use the forum colors to hide the words. But it was always next to impossible to get it 100% down because of the posts continuously swapping colors and people using different styles. Not to mention the HD fanatics who have fancy screens that can tell #000000 from #000004

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#66 Post by Vintage »

puredeathly wrote:
Would it even work like that? I took a screenshot of the page, then ran it though Photoshop to uploaded it correctly. If the monitor isn't calibrated correctly, I don't think it would show up in a screenshot (of course, unless you took a camera and took a picture of the screen). It would be like trying to take a screenshot of a cracked iPhone. I could be horribly wrong though.

-Edit
...I realize I'm defiling Rookie's thread :|. I forgot this isn't really for discussion.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#67 Post by The Rookie »

It's fine, man. Stuff like this is good to know if anyone wanted to try something similar.

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#68 Post by puredeathly »

TheWMM wrote:
puredeathly wrote:
Would it even work like that? I took a screenshot of the page, then ran it though Photoshop to uploaded it correctly. If the monitor isn't calibrated correctly, I don't think it would show up in a screenshot (of course, unless you took a camera and took a picture of the screen). It would be like trying to take a screenshot of a cracked iPhone. I could be horribly wrong though.

-Edit
...I realize I'm defiling Rookie's thread :|. I forgot this isn't really for discussion.
The colour doesn't change through a screenshot but a monitor which doesn't reproduce the colours accurately will probably either show almost no or a huge difference between the colour but not the "right" difference (wrong saturation).
The colour of a screenshot doesn't change depended on your screen's calibration ^^

easiest solution: transparent background

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#69 Post by Kellard »

Well played...

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#70 Post by TinyVoices »

puredeathly wrote:
Spoiler!
/quote

You gots problems. Quick! Rookie! Post a silly gif of Raine's derpy eyes moving and blinking offly.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#71 Post by The Rookie »

TinyVoices wrote:You gots problems. Quick! Rookie! Post a silly gif of Raine's derpy eyes moving and blinking offly.
I'm not a machine, dude. I need to be inspired, feel a sense of connection between the piece and myself. Sir, I am an artist !

Or I'm just incredibly lazy. Probably the second one...

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#72 Post by TinyVoices »

The Rookie wrote:
TinyVoices wrote:Raine's special eyes
I'm not a machine, dude. I need to be inspired, feel a sense of connection between the piece and myself. Sir, I am an artist !

Or I'm just incredibly lazy. Probably the second one...
Wasn't sure if you were the type who needed ideas or else the type who needed a reason.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#73 Post by The Rookie »

TinyVoices wrote:Wasn't sure if you were the type who needed ideas or else the type who needed a reason.
Bit of both honestly. I like it when people come to me with suggestions, but I'm always afraid I'd fail to meet expectations. Such as with this one.

As for motivation, I'm kind of 0 or 100. When I have an idea I tend to try and get it out the door quickly, less I shelve it and never come back to it. Which is still the case with Special agent 037, TK Pokemon and TK Battle Royal. So I only really make things when I know I can stay super focussed on them from start to finish.

As for right now though, I'm just feeling lazy :roll:

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#74 Post by The Rookie »

I loved the piece kiabugboy made for me over in his awesome sketch request thread, so I decided to try and colour it in a bit.
Thanks again man :grin:

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#75 Post by kiabugboy »

looks great :)