Ultra's little art thread

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

Ultra's little art thread

#1 Post by justanUltramarine »

So , yeah , i decided to post these here to get some advice on how to improve them/ improve my style . as many here are very good artits on the forum. I did watch a few deviantart tutorials , but i feel they lack the "human contact" and i don't know what i have to fix (i don't really know how to explain that) and also , you might notice a few poses of the characters i did are based on some from twokinds and others (as I think it helps me..) . Any way , i only show the links cus , all of them won't fit in (also.... ignore the texts , i usually draw on my lessons , you might learn a little french) . Enjoy: https://41.media.tumblr.com/2ae140f1741 ... o1_540.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/807e1400603 ... 2_1280.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/50cae8463f4 ... o3_540.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/e834ae8221a ... o4_540.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/1e01ce42dd5 ... o5_540.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/a9d5f060196 ... o6_540.jpg (not furry related but what the hell)
http://pre01.deviantart.net/634e/th/pre ... 8rv9lw.jpg

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Ultra's little art thread

#2 Post by DariusL »

Hey, not bad at all! I like where you're going with these!

Bridgeotto
Traveler

#3 Post by Bridgeotto »

I concur! I think these are really good! And by the looks of things you already have the #1 improvement tool - references.
If you want to improve from here then i suggest going into live art references. So real people and real animals.
Nothing helps (my) art more than the need to draw so fast you can only get the basic shape.

That probably sounds odd but in my experience it's true as you are no longer focused on "lines" so much as "Shape".

Anyway, something to think about.

I think you're doing amazing so far! I especially like wolfgirl at the beach.The body is spot on!
ImageCheck out my stuff!!

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#4 Post by justanUltramarine »

ticoun wrote:Hey, not bad at all! I like where you're going with these!
thank you Ticoun
Bridgeotto wrote:I concur! I think these are really good! And by the looks of things you already have the #1 improvement tool - references.
If you want to improve from here then i suggest going into live art references. So real people and real animals.
Nothing helps (my) art more than the need to draw so fast you can only get the basic shape.

That probably sounds odd but in my experience it's true as you are no longer focused on "lines" so much as "Shape".

I think you're doing amazing so far! I especially like wolfgirl at the beach.The body is spot on!

Thank you , i sure will try but what do you mean by live art ? like just go in a forest and draw the first animal that went by ?

Bridgeotto
Traveler

#5 Post by Bridgeotto »

justanUltramarine wrote:
thank you Ticoun
Bridgeotto wrote:I concur! I think these are really good! And by the looks of things you already have the #1 improvement tool - references.

Thank you , i sure will try but what do you mean by live art ? like just go in a forest and draw the first animal that went by ?
Hahaha, doesn't have to be like that, no. "Live" can be done with humans or anyones household pets. If you want to do other animals (or even people) then you can go off photos- just try to work on shape (as i mentioned before)

You can get super complicated and talk about negative space and stuff but it can be a bit confusing.
ImageCheck out my stuff!!

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#6 Post by justanUltramarine »

Bridgeotto wrote:
justanUltramarine wrote:
thank you Ticoun

Hahaha, doesn't have to be like that, no. "Live" can be done with humans or anyones household pets. If you want to do other animals (or even people) then you can go off photos- just try to work on shape (as i mentioned before)

You can get super complicated and talk about negative space and stuff but it can be a bit confusing.
oooh , ok . i will , thanks for the advice .

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#7 Post by justanUltramarine »

tried doing a hair style.. i'm not sure about it (tried doing Flora like "antennas" :flora: )

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#8 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

D'aww! She's cute. I like the hair on top of her head, but the longer hair over her shoulders is a bit weird. They look a bit like fox tails. Maybe use Flora's hair as a reference for that part, I always have trouble wish hair too. Other than that, it's pretty great. Does she have a name?
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#9 Post by justanUltramarine »

InceptionBwaaa wrote: Does she have a name?
Does "bored in german class" count as a name XD ? Any way I know i should use twokinds as templates , but i know that if i do to much , i'll end up blatantly copying it cus i'm lazy. (i mean her face is based of flora's face shape)

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#10 Post by justanUltramarine »

So i'm feeling down , and got my tablet out to color her , for some reason I keep thinking i already saw a color pattern like that somewhere but meh . Havn't tried the shading (well i did but after many fails i gave up)

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#11 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

She looks great.. except for her collarbones. It's has a few, uh.. right angles. If I were you, I'd only change two things: I would round out those squares, and make the collarbone itself a bit less prominent. Other than that, it's pretty darn good.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#12 Post by justanUltramarine »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:She looks great.. except for her collarbones. It's has a few, uh.. right angles. If I were you, I'd only change two things: I would round out those squares, and make the collarbone itself a bit less prominent. Other than that, it's pretty darn good.
I'll do my best :p

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#13 Post by justanUltramarine »

Image Have a guess who's this handsome guy....ok the drawing doesn't make him look at his best but still ....

prototype99
Master

#14 Post by prototype99 »

you? XD your drawing is inspiring, it makes me wish i was better at drawing, maybe one day i should try
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

justanUltramarine
Apprentice

#15 Post by justanUltramarine »

prototype99 wrote:you? XD your drawing is inspiring, it makes me wish i was better at drawing, maybe one day i should try
Nope , it's supposed to be this guy...... yeah I F'd up . Well , i never thought i could draw until I actually started so XD
just do it