The Dividing War Art Thread (Run by Jed255)

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jed255
Traveler

Re: The Dividing War Character Design Art Thread

#16 Post by Jed255 »

FrogSteaks wrote:Why do I get the feeling like I'm not gonna trust this guy?
He's quite the shady character, but we'll just have to wait and see why that is. 8)

As for the spoilers, I didn't want to give away too much, but I was just so dang proud of the thing that I wanted to show it off a bit... :oops: But consider it more of a teaser, as I'm going to be keeping this fine young man hush hush until he enters the story.
FrogSteaks wrote:Seriously, that's your worst drawing? That looks really good. Definitely a whole lot better than anything I can crank out.
Aww, thanks FrogSteaks! |D Its certainly a lot better than how I started with my drawings, but it certainly isn't up to snuff with my current stuff... (My old DeviantArt is filled with the horrors of the past. :shock: )

This is actually the first picture I drew, (Caine FTW!) and though he's stiff, I still think he's decent.

Fun fact, his scarf design was completely accidental. :P
Co-developer of The Dividing War Series, and the art slave who works in the cellar. Living the dream.
[The Dividing War - Forum Edition]

Jed255
Traveler

#17 Post by Jed255 »

Ilusha Gorwin, the daughter of Caine and Liviana! :D Had a great time writing about this miracle child, and I can't wait to write about her again! (Totally digging the new forum set up too.) I drew this one before I got into shading, but I think it works well without it too. 8)

And to clarify about Ilusha's age, she's 14, but her age translated into human years is somewhere around 18-22ish... Basitin and Keidran age mixing is confusing. (;_;)

Co-developer of The Dividing War Series, and the art slave who works in the cellar. Living the dream.

Jed255
Traveler

#18 Post by Jed255 »

Heh, don't hate me for this, but I'm scrapping the height charts in favor of a "status sheet" for our characters in the book. Height charts are sorta overdone, and I think it'd be fun to put little halo's over the people who die as the book progresses! :D Wow I'm saddistic...
I won't be posting any spoilers if you're up to date with both the books, but just in case you aren't, I'll be posting the pictures under a spoiler bar.
Each picture will feature 6 characters with their most up to date showing in the new book. (So basically everyone from the first book who is still alive will be old.)

This time around (from left to right), we have Zander, Liviana, Richard, Caine, Carter, and Vera!
Spoiler!

Jed255
Traveler

#19 Post by Jed255 »

Humans forms? Eh, doodles.

Featuring special guests, me (Austin), Jacob (brother and coauthor), Andrew Jackson, and ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)!

Jed255
Traveler

#20 Post by Jed255 »

Doodle...? Zander somehow became a time travelling fairy and went back to bother young Sayyaf perhaps?

cj3003
Apprentice

#21 Post by cj3003 »

Jed255 wrote:young Sayyaf
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjMZf1Nbogs[/video]
I am the silliest noodle.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#22 Post by FrogSteaks »

cj3003 wrote:
Jed255 wrote:young Sayyaf
[video]It's gettin' hot in here[video]
:| ...the hell?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Jed255
Traveler

#23 Post by Jed255 »

I don't even know what my brother does half the time... I'm so sorry, I can't delete his strangeness (;_;)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#24 Post by Bellhead »

Jed255 wrote:I don't even know what my brother does half the time... I'm so sorry, I can't delete his strangeness (;_;)
Eh. Look who you're with. We thrive on strange. Think of what would happen if we didn't.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

cj3003
Apprentice

#25 Post by cj3003 »

Bellhead wrote:Eh. Look who you're with. We thrive on strange. Think of what would happen if we didn't.
Bellhead: The Wisest Man on the Forums

Really though, you are right. This forum is strange, but that is the appeal (well, I think at least)! We must accept each others weirdness with open arms, because that is the Forum Way!
Jed255 wrote:I don't even know what my brother does half the time... I'm so sorry, I can't delete his strangeness (;_;)

...I probably didn't help myself, did I?
I am the silliest noodle.

Jed255
Traveler

#26 Post by Jed255 »

LET THE WEIRDING COMMENCE