The Dividing War Art Thread (Run by Jed255)

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

cj3003
Apprentice

The Dividing War Art Thread (Run by Jed255)

#1 Post by cj3003 »

Attention!
I don't run this thread anymore. Why yes, it's complicated, but let me explain:

You see, I was posting my brother's art for him on this thread to let you lovely people feast your eyes upon his art. Now, I was lazy af, and never really posted the art. Austin finally made an account, and now he controls the thread. So don't look for my postings, look for his. I will still totally comment and stuff, but I basically don't run it. Got the picture? Good. You may proceed!

Welcome! Now, I know what you're thinking. "What the hell is The Dividing War, and why should I care?" Well, it's a well developed spin-off (I guess you can call it that?) story using Twokind's lore and world. Of course, this is the Art Board and not the Story Board, so why am I here?
You could be from our actual story (in which I applaud you), or you could be here out of sheer curiosity. Either way, enjoy the art created by Austin, the co-author of TDW.

Also (if Austin just so happens to oblige), I'm sure Austin will be posting all his art here, not just TDW stuff.

This isn't true anymore.
I am the silliest noodle.

cj3003
Apprentice

Re: The Dividing War Character Design Art Thread

#2 Post by cj3003 »

Here is the first of many Character Design Art pieces. (Just realized it was cut off, let me fix that! I'll also add the rest of the Bradford Family excluding Vera)

Carter Bradford (my personal favorite character):

http://i.imgur.com/5HS2ib7.png

Saige Bradford:

http://i.imgur.com/w91EF5w.png

Delcan Bradford (the cutest of them all!):

http://i.imgur.com/gCdlbZ9.png

cj3003
Apprentice

#3 Post by cj3003 »

Want some hype? Here you go!

cj3003
Apprentice

#4 Post by cj3003 »

I'm doing something fun. In the sequel, I am doing a sort of art scavenger hunt. There will be hidden art for the characters in the text, but shhhhh! Don't say anything!

Well, this never happened. Oops.

Bridgeotto
Traveler

#5 Post by Bridgeotto »

cj3003 wrote:I'm doing something fun. In the sequel, I am doing a sort of art scavenger hunt. There will be hidden art for the characters in the text, but shhhhh! Don't say anything!
YOu missed the http:// in the url tag. Won't work without it ;)

Anyway i have been reading it a bit but i find i can't read as well with white background as i can with inverted colours so i'm a little slow.

Great job so far anyhow~!
ImageCheck out my stuff!!

Jed255
Traveler

#6 Post by Jed255 »

Hi everybody! Austin here, the co-author and man behind the art for The Dividing War, and I just wanted to announce that I'm going to be uploading the art that I've done for our book directly now! (Because Jacob is awful at actually uploading anything...)

So here's my latest project, the official character height chart starting with Caine, Liviana, and Sayyaf!

Co-developer of The Dividing War Series, and the art slave who works in the cellar. Living the dream.
[The Dividing War - Forum Edition]

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#7 Post by Bellhead »

For some reason, I always pictured Sayyaf as being about 3 inches shorter than everyone else... Odd.

Well done, Jed. I readilly await the day I have time to read more of the next book.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Jed255
Traveler

#8 Post by Jed255 »

Bellhead wrote:For some reason, I always pictured Sayyaf as being about 3 inches shorter than everyone else... Odd.
Heh, that would be interesting... I can't imagine Sayyaf as a little guy, that's more of Zander's playing field. 8) He's the shortest of the group!
Bellhead wrote:Well done, Jed. I readilly await the day I have time to read more of the next book.
Thank you Bellhead, I'm happy to hear that you like our book! :mrgreen: I know all too well the pain of not having enough time, its always so hard to find time for all of my hobbies along with work and school. I hope life's treating you well, and I too will be eagerly awaiting for your next reading of our book.
Co-developer of The Dividing War Series, and the art slave who works in the cellar. Living the dream.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#9 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Jed255 wrote:
Bellhead wrote:For some reason, I always pictured Sayyaf as being about 3 inches shorter than everyone else... Odd.
Heh, that would be interesting... I can't imagine Sayyaf as a little guy, that's more of Zander's playing field. 8) He's the shortest of the group!
Are you telling me that Liviana is taller than Zander?
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

cj3003
Apprentice

#10 Post by cj3003 »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Are you telling me that Liviana is taller than Zander?
Why yes. Yes he is. In our little character profile document (granted, it is older than the story itself and only possess like 3 characters, plus the fact the book was called "Integrated World" *shudder*), he is in fact... oh. He's actually the same height as Liviana. They are both 5'6" technically. Well, it might change when Austin draws Zander, but for now they are the same height.

Also, might I thank Austin for creating this so I could make Caine my avatar. Now, when new and improved Carter comes around, well... I guess I'll have to see. If you lovely fans haven't picked it up yet, Carter is my favorite character (well, it kind of says it in one of the posts, oops).

Jed255
Traveler

#11 Post by Jed255 »

Zander was originally listed as being 5'6" (same as Liviana), but I'd love to have the sassy bard be a shorter fella. :D Fits him well I think, somewhere around 5'3 5'4ish.

Jed255
Traveler

#12 Post by Jed255 »

Oops, my hand slipped.

Is it wrong to post art of a character who hasn't been introduced in the story yet?

No matter the verdict, I'm extremely proud of this drawing, so I'm gonna post it anyhow. |D

Also,
Spoiler!
Milo is the greatest side character ever, and I may have accidentally made him my favorite character in our book... :shock:

Jed255
Traveler

#13 Post by Jed255 »

For a reference on how far I've come in my art, here's my first drawing of Liviana...

Ugh, this is what I personally believe to be my worst drawing... (;_;) But hey, gotta start somewhere right?

cj3003
Apprentice

#14 Post by cj3003 »

Jed255 wrote: Is it wrong to post art of a character who hasn't been introduced in the story yet?
Yes :wink:

(You shouldn't tease the readers! C'mon, now! They haven't even gotten a taste of his Irishness yet! :x)

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#15 Post by FrogSteaks »

Jed255 wrote:[img]Sir%20Milo%20Finnegar[/img]
Why do I get the feeling like I'm not gonna trust this guy?
Jed255 wrote:Is it wrong to post art of a character who hasn't been introduced in the story yet?
Hey, now. Don't give away too much of the story before it happens. Remember, kids: Spoilers are the work of the devil. :wink:
Jed255 wrote:For a reference on how far I've come in my art, here's my first drawing of Liviana...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/F8bso0T.jpg?1[img]

Ugh, this is what I personally believe to be my worst drawing... (;_;) But hey, gotta start somewhere right?
Seriously, that's your worst drawing? That looks really good. Definitely a whole lot better than anything I can crank out.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky