Flora Pixel Art (Minecraft)

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Ipurgepeople

Flora Pixel Art (Minecraft)

#1 Post by Ipurgepeople »

Hey, everyone. I just finished building a large Flora Pixel Art in Minecraft. The picture is from the first panel on page 769 of the Anniversary chapter, so I won't link my original, cropped image.

Her exact dimensions are 230x237 blocks, and it took me about 8 hours to build her. Here's the finished image, complete with the starry background!

EDIT: full-size image available here, if you want it: http://i.imgur.com/0DXxpGV.png

For those wondering I do not use a mod to "transfer" the art. I build it myself manually with the assistance of World Edit for large areas (like coloring in her face).

And if you're curious about how I went about the process, here's the album showing the hourly screenshots with brief explanations:
http://imgur.com/a/waThH

As it says there, I will post a video on my youtube channel showcasing the project soon (probably some time this weekend). If you guys wish I can update you here when I post the video, just let me know, otherwise I won't!

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

Re: Flora Pixel Art (Minecraft)

#2 Post by judah4 »

That's.... Pretty cool. I really like how you have it shaded. I have not seen that before in minecraft

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#3 Post by kevin »

Holy talented creation batman. Nice job, no joke. When I read the title, I was like "This is gonna be goofy looking, isn't it?" Pleasantly surprised actually. I for one might like to see a video of you doing this, condensed of course. An 8 hour video of minecraft would be kinda insane to watch for my taste.

The TL;DR version: Well done and a vid might be nice.
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

Ipurgepeople

#4 Post by Ipurgepeople »

judah4 wrote:That's.... Pretty cool. I really like how you have it shaded. I have not seen that before in minecraft
I learned it from a guy I saw on Youtube, Herman Li. He builds in Classic, and I decided to ask him for some pointers on how he did it, and he suggested to do the shading like this. It works out quite well.
kevin wrote:The TL;DR version: Well done and a vid might be nice.
Sadly I do not have a video of my building the project as Multishots (which I used to make timelapses) is not working in 1.7.x - but I will make a very brief video where I fly around showing it off in-game so you can get a feel for just how it looks in-game. Still interested?

HeckobA
Master

#5 Post by HeckobA »

Very nicely done!

I once found this female Mike minecraft art video and some of you might have seen it before, but it's amazing so I'll just leave that here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Yh9bfeQ4A
ImageImage
-~☼ Look! It's my Steam Profile! ☼~-

Ipurgepeople

#6 Post by Ipurgepeople »

HeckobA wrote:Very nicely done!

I once found this female Mike minecraft art video [...]
That looks to me like he used a program that turns a picture into a schematic. The schematic can then either be imported, or, opened in a planning software that will allow you to copy it into game by hand.

It looks fantastic, don't get me wrong, but I highly doubt he did that from scratch like I do..