xamali
Grand Templar

Re: Xamali's corner

#17 Post by xamali »

ticoun wrote:Lookin' good! :grin:
I like the look of the handle. :)
judah4 wrote:Very nice :grin:
Thanks guys! |D
Just did some misc details, such as adding satchels on her belt, the armstraps on her left arm, some basic coloring on the sword, and preparing the mesh for the next part, which I've been eagerly waiting for - sculpting! :D
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

xamali
Grand Templar

#18 Post by xamali »

Yay, finished the sculpting part of the tutorial, and I'm in love with sculpting. It's kinda hard, but it is so awesome! :D~
So, I've uploaded two images from the exact same angle, one from before sculpting the mesh, and one after. I've made them higher quality images to make it easier to see all the fine details, so I'll only leave the links here. Hope you like them, and tell me what do you think could have been made different/better. (I particularly think I overdid it on her sleeves, but I was too lazy to undo it and do it all over again :roll: )
Before Sculpting.
After Sculpting.

EDIT: For the record, it's 3:34 am here right now. :o
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#19 Post by LuckyMudman »

Wow, that's some great work there.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

xamali
Grand Templar

#20 Post by xamali »

LuckyMudman wrote:Wow, that's some great work there.
Thanks |D

xamali
Grand Templar

#21 Post by xamali »

Hey everyone! A lot of work have been done, and oh-so-many hours of tutorial have been covered. Next step was getting model textured: (Larger version)
I feel like I've come a great way since I first began modeling, and now look back at older models, and almost laugh at how horrible they were :roll:
And what's more fun, and makes me feel excited and challenged, is knowing that even though I did come a great way, there is still much, much more for me to learn, and much more to improve. Well, one step at a time, and if I continue to practice, I just know I can make it! :D

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#22 Post by judah4 »

wow, color! Looks really cool :grin:

xamali
Grand Templar

#23 Post by xamali »

Okay, okay, I didn't intend on telling this beforehand, as it was supposed to be a surprise. I'm trying to model Flora for tomorrow's anniversary, but without a decent reference sheet it's really, really hard.
Why am I telling you this? To ask for help! If anyone could so kindly provide me with a reference sheet (front and side views, and if possible one view of her head without the hair too) it would make my job much, much easier, and I'd probably get a far better result, too. So, anyone? :)

edit: I'm using this one currently. If you think you can do better, and are interested in helping, please do! :P

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#24 Post by judah4 »

Thatis the best reference I have been able to find too. You might need to glance at the comic get more of the details since that one is pretty old compared to the current comic :P

xamali
Grand Templar

#25 Post by xamali »

judah4 wrote:Thatis the best reference I have been able to find too. You might need to glance at the comic get more of the details since that one is pretty old compared to the current comic :P
It being old is exactly my problem. And I do have pictures I gathered of Flora to help with giving it a better look, but the old reference is making the modeling quite slow.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#26 Post by judah4 »

xamali wrote:
judah4 wrote:Thatis the best reference I have been able to find too. You might need to glance at the comic get more of the details since that one is pretty old compared to the current comic :P
It being old is exactly my problem. And I do have pictures I gathered of Flora to help with giving it a better look, but the old reference is making the modeling quite slow.
You could use one of your other models as a base and make it more flora like :P

xamali
Grand Templar

#27 Post by xamali »

Well, I did give it a try this day and a half to make a Flora model, but I couldn't see it to it's end with just a day and a half. I don't have nearly enough skill with hair-making, and just this small time wasn't enough for me to come up with a good model. The body itself is fine, just the details are really crappy (feet, face, etc). The texturing wasn't a masterpiece, but it was better than what I expected (I suck at texturing).
So, here's a really crappy Flora. I'll go back to learning process, and one day, make a better version of flora.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#28 Post by judah4 »

xamali wrote:Well, I did give it a try this day and a half to make a Flora model, but I couldn't see it to it's end with just a day and a half. I don't have nearly enough skill with hair-making, and just this small time wasn't enough for me to come up with a good model. The body itself is fine, just the details are really crappy (feet, face, etc). The texturing wasn't a masterpiece, but it was better than what I expected (I suck at texturing).
So, here's a really crappy Flora. I'll go back to learning process, and one day, make a better version of flora.
[img/]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1641/xls2.png[/img]
Better than my first attempt :P I would suggest adjusting the toes so that the middle 2 are farther out than the end toes. They should make an arc, not just flat across. Everything else looks great. :grin: The texture looks properly mapped and everything :P better lighting would probably make it look better but this is probably not the stage to worry about that yet

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#29 Post by EvilNinjadude »

I feel my perception of your Flora skewed by the fact that there are no ears. I always feel like there have to be ears! It's not like they matter or anything! Apart from that, it IS a pretty good Flora, and I'm anticipating an improved version. I'm curious how it will look.

xamali
Grand Templar

#30 Post by xamali »

judah4 wrote:Better than my first attempt :P I would suggest adjusting the toes so that the middle 2 are farther out than the end toes. They should make an arc, not just flat across. Everything else looks great. :grin: The texture looks properly mapped and everything :P better lighting would probably make it look better but this is probably not the stage to worry about that yet
Hum, true. I made the two middle ones slightly bigger, but I forgot to make them longer as well.
EvilNinjadude wrote:I feel my perception of your Flora skewed by the fact that there are no ears. I always feel like there have to be ears! It's not like they matter or anything! Apart from that, it IS a pretty good Flora, and I'm anticipating an improved version. I'm curious how it will look.
I know, I know. (;_;)
I was gonna make the ears after I did the hair for two reasons: I wanted to get done with the hair at once, since I knew I'd have problems with that part, and Keidrans without their hair may end up with a bat-like looks, it looks weird to me S:P
Also, once I realized I really wasn't gonna make it to the end, my laziness kicked in :roll: