Martys1103's learning shenanigans - Land of bald heads

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

martys1103
Traveler

Martys1103's learning shenanigans - Land of bald heads

#1 Post by martys1103 »

Ignoring my relatives and friends' advices to me normal and not to waste time on something I'm just not good at, I started practising drawing. I know I am terrible at it, so I decided to ask for advice somewhere where I wouldn't get bounty on my head for just coming in and bombarding everyone with crap which I dare to call art. The only place which I know where people would tolerate this blasphemy, in my opinion, is these forums. So, after thinking whenever I should bother you or not and lurking in this board for 2 hours, I finally decided to try my luck (and possibly my escape plans). Also, sorry for the bad quality - I made pictures with my phone, but I will try to attempt secret ninja printing techniques when I'm able to. This isn't the first thing I've drawn, but if I would try to send all of my art to my computer, my phone would explode. Anyway, this IS the first time I've actually tried to draw something without any visual reference. It was bad, looked bad and tasted bad, so I didn't even finish it. You can also see huge, erased head if you try hard enough - it's first time I held non-HB pencil in my life.
Spoiler!
Another failed attempt which I left unfinished. This time, I only tried to draw the head. However, I failed at life (Definitely. Somewhat. Maybe). Sorry about it being hard to see.
Spoiler!
Bald head adventure continues on! After staring at myself in the mirror like some egoerotical freak, I figured out that I should draw head like two intersecting egg-like shapes, so I have done just that. However, head turned out a little too big.
Spoiler!
Just when opened the page on which is this drawing, a ray of light came from the skies and... Screw this, I have been writing this for an hour already. IMO, this turned out the best, but I'm not sure how it would work if I actually tried adding hair.

I know I'm terrible, but if you don't mind, I would like some advice on what I should improve. Thank you for spending your time and risking your sanity.

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Martys1103's learning shenanigans - Land of bald heads

#2 Post by RedDwarfIV »

If you're going to do a thin neck like that, you should move it further towards the front of the face. You seem to have got the facial features in about the right place, which is good.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

...still better than the guy in my thread....... Kinda
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Still better than... anything I could ever do

wolfgirl207
Master

#5 Post by wolfgirl207 »

Overall they do look pretty neat. Like RedDwarf said the neck is quite thin.
The postioning of your eyes and mouth are nice and looking at yourself in the mirror is a great way to practice!

I know it can't be helped at the moment but because of the low quality I am having trouble making things out. So I can't give a more detailed 'review'.

You are doing well so far and you can only keep practicing. ^_^