Chaosye's Learning to Draw! (8/23/14, Assorted Animations)

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Chaosye's Learning to Draw! (7/15: Darser Had A Bad Fall

#16 Post by DariusL »

Chaosye wrote:Thanks, man!

I was kind of just throwing everything at the wall for this one; wanted to see what sticks and what falls off into a horrible, goopy mess, you know?

Right now I need to focus on lighting and shading, and some proportion while I'm at that. I think before I really go and tackle backgrounds I need to understand lighting a lot better.

Velocity I have really no clue how to improve on, though. Only ideas I've got is using blur, but that seems a bit too easy.
Blur is harder to use than it looks. It is very easy to overdo it, and it often leaves a very sharp transition zone. You have to go slow and add blur gradually to get a smooth transition.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#17 Post by Twippit »

Okay, so I finally got a chance to actually read that backstory you wrote up... I must say, that was damned good! I love monster PCs.

In fact... Would you mind if I borrowed that character for an NPC in my campaign? How unique, a half-illithid paladin of Heironeous...

And as for your Darser pic: the leg closest to the veiwer should be larger than the one behind it; also, if he's falling, the bottom side of his clothes should be pressed up against his body, providing the veiwer a sleek outline of the underside of his body and legs. Cloth doesn't naturally bunch up in peaks like that unless it's at rest; cloth generally mooves in long, fluid lines, all pointed in the same direction, much like waves. I hope that helps!

And yeah, that inner cannon fire is epic.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#18 Post by Chaosye »

Sure, go ahead! Tell me how it goes; I'd expect either a team-up or some slaughtering.
Be warned that he has a remarkably high Disguise skill! :wink:

And yeah, that definitely helps; I really should have looked at a reference of some falling cloth and clothing for that one.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

Re: Chaosye's Learning to Draw! (7/15: Admiral TiTsBy!)

#19 Post by Chaosye »

DA: http://chaosye.deviantart.com/art/Admiral-316958237

Felt like drawing up another one of my old DnD characters again: Admiral TiTsBy, Mechanical Construct Sorcerer!
This one was more of a sketch and I didn't spend too much time on it. Mostly just wanted to test out a bunch of textures I recently got and used some on this!

Edit: Also wanted to test out colored outlines on this one; think I need to go darker when I use em.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

Re: Chaosye's Learning to Draw! (8/7/13 Littles, The Kobold

#20 Post by Chaosye »

Didn't feel like it would be appropriate to start a new thread while this one was still in circulation. (And man, oh man, my old pictures are embarrassing!)

DA Link

Littles the Kobold, one of my current Pathfinder characters! (and also some practice on shading and color blending, which is what led to those abnormal feathers; albeit I should really figure out my proportions first.)

Chaosye
Grand Templar

Re: Chaosye's Learning to Draw! (8/7/13 Littles, The Kobold

#21 Post by Chaosye »

Because every time I come back here, I end up having something more. Oh well!

Also, I've pretty much moved all my art to my tumblr over here.
More convenient.

Anyway, here's what I've been up to:

Some "Oyasumi Punpun" fanart

Some more D&D art

another animation, as a gift to a much, much better artist

Hope everyone else here has been improving and expanding as well!