E S S E N C E -- Story Banner

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kaizure
Apprentice

E S S E N C E -- Story Banner

#1 Post by Kaizure »

This is an image I gimped / photoshoped. The source links are below the image itself. On another forum, I started a sci-fi role play called "Essence". I had considered starting that same RP here, but frankly, the size of the community is kind of intimidating. :oops:

In any case, minus the details of the actual story, here's the banner I've chosen for said story. Also listen to the song linked above it to hear what I've chosen as the story's 'theme'. And yes, I know, it's hard to get into the song / image without any story information. Again, intimidated.

Song for the ESSENCE

Sources:
Anime Male on the Left: Otaku Zone
Anime Male on the Right: Otaku Zone
Space Battle Image: Picky Wallpapers

Text & Border + Color changes by me.
ImageImage
Choose Your Path

PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME UNLESS IT'S SOMETHING THAT REQUIRES MY IMMEDIATE ATTENTION

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

Re: E S S E N C E -- Story Banner

#2 Post by RedDwarfIV »

It's a nice image. Though I wonder why the artist chose to use beam spam against what is clearly only a fighter? Oh well.

Your editing worked well.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

Kaizure
Apprentice

#3 Post by Kaizure »

RedDwarfIV wrote:It's a nice image. Though I wonder why the artist chose to use beam spam against what is clearly only a fighter? Oh well.
I had thought it was a bit overkill, but this image had three things in the image that made me choose it:

A. A space battle taking place over a planet, and a particular planet is key to the story.

B. The firing of the guns added a nice effect, rather than it being just an image with a bunch of ships thrown together and cluttering the image.

C. This isn't a Star Wars, Warhammer, Starcraft, etc. image and so I wasn't using a really recognizable genre for the image, giving it it's own... 'flavor' I guess.

Thanks for the comment. :kathrin:
ImageImage
Choose Your Path

PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME UNLESS IT'S SOMETHING THAT REQUIRES MY IMMEDIATE ATTENTION

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by RedDwarfIV »

Kaizure wrote:
RedDwarfIV wrote:It's a nice image. Though I wonder why the artist chose to use beam spam against what is clearly only a fighter? Oh well.
I had thought it was a bit overkill, but this image had three things in the image that made me choose it:

A. A space battle taking place over a planet, and a particular planet is key to the story.

B. The firing of the guns added a nice effect, rather than it being just an image with a bunch of ships thrown together and cluttering the image.

C. This isn't a Star Wars, Warhammer, Starcraft, etc. image and so I wasn't using a really recognizable genre for the image, giving it it's own... 'flavor' I guess.

Thanks for the comment. :kathrin:
No problem.

At least it doesn't have the Star Wars laser design. Cause lasers don't work like machineguns - they definately don't shoot 'bolts' of light.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage