Keaoden's Sketchbook 8/17 New Art!

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: avwolf

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Alone

Keaoden's Sketchbook 8/17 New Art!

#1 Post by Keaoden, The hidden » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:32 am

I finally finished out one sketchbook, quite the accomplishment for me, so I might put a few up here, yay me.

My Knight Commander from Neverwinter Nights 2
Male moon elf
Sorcerer Level 16
Pale Master 5
Focus in Necromancy and Illusion spells.
Got pretty fun later in the story, I mean it was my undead against Garius's undead. Mine usually won.
By the way, those are scars on his neck, yeah I still need to work on those kinds of details.
Image
Its Navi, from Zelda
A redo of an old request
And a banished prince

Comments and opinions are quite welcome, even bad ones.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

User avatar
Merchant
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:54 pm
Location: the great white north, eh?

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 12/29

#2 Post by neosgàthach » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:15 am

Those are pretty good. Only thing I could say is to work on anatomy and proportions. For example, the first elf (?) has a very small torso (they don't go straight down from the neck), and Navi's legs are in a strange position, and a tad short for her body.

Sorry if that sounded harsh or anything, but keep up the good work. If you practice (maybe using reference pictures?) I can see you really improving.

User avatar
Templar GrandMaster
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:52 am
Location: the daily grind

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 12/29

#3 Post by TheNewGirl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:53 am

Expanding upon what neosgàthach said, when I began really looking into getting my proportions right I worked using some skeleton pictures in different poses and drew my subject's skeletal system and then put skin over it, then clothes after that. A lot of work, but it helped me eyeball proportions and to better understand how the body should look in a variety of poses.
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."

User avatar
Merchant
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:54 pm
Location: the great white north, eh?

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 12/29

#4 Post by neosgàthach » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:27 am

Keaoden, The hidden wrote: By the way, those are scars on his neck, yeah I still need to work on those kinds of details.
Just a tip: instead of drawing scars as just a black line, have it lightly outlined, and shaded lighter than the surrounding skin.
Here's an example: http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 4m5nzs.png

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Alone

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 12/29

#5 Post by Keaoden, The hidden » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:29 am

neosgàthach wrote:Those are pretty good. Only thing I could say is to work on anatomy and proportions. For example, the first elf (?) has a very small torso (they don't go straight down from the neck), and Navi's legs are in a strange position, and a tad short for her body.

Sorry if that sounded harsh or anything, but keep up the good work. If you practice (maybe using reference pictures?) I can see you really improving.
No its really fine, in fact its really helpful. I know I have a lot of work to do but getting feed back like this will help me get to where I want to be. Thanks.
TheNewGirl wrote:Expanding upon what neosgàthach said, when I began really looking into getting my proportions right I worked using some skeleton pictures in different poses and drew my subject's skeletal system and then put skin over it, then clothes after that. A lot of work, but it helped me eyeball proportions and to better understand how the body should look in a variety of poses.
I'll try that to see if it helps me, thanks.
neosgàthach wrote:
Keaoden, The hidden wrote: By the way, those are scars on his neck, yeah I still need to work on those kinds of details.
Just a tip: instead of drawing scars as just a black line, have it lightly outlined, and shaded lighter than the surrounding skin.
Here's an example: http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 4m5nzs.png
I see, I should try that, and use rougher edges too. Thanks.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Alone

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 12/29

#6 Post by Keaoden, The hidden » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:14 am

Image
A $10 Commission for someone on Deviant art.
This is his OC pony.
Name: Drake Steel
Race: War Pony
Cutie mark: Kite shield adored with a red cross with crossed swords behind it.
Eye color: Cobalt Blue
Coat color: Gunmetal gray
Mane color: Matte Black

Partner: A lantern archon named Silvia who assists him.

Here he is shown without helmet, sword, or his shield.

This was a one time thing, do not ask for one, I will not do it.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Alone

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 2/27/12 Alharmenien Map

#7 Post by Keaoden, The hidden » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:01 pm

A map of the world of my recent roleplay.
Image
Enjoy.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Alone

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 3/6 (Catgirls!!!)

#8 Post by Keaoden, The hidden » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Image
He, he dumped me...just dumped me...for a demon....

An unlucky catgirl dumped by her date the night of prom.

This is actually an older piece that I decided to redo. Enjoy.

Image
Okay now that's not an accident!

Someone's hand is somewhere it should not be, and this catgirl is about to remove it one way or another.

Another old piece I redid. Enjoy
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Alone

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 3/26 (Catgirls!!!)

#9 Post by Keaoden, The hidden » Tue May 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Some pieces of practice, enjoy.

ImageImageImage
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Alone

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 5/15 (Practicing)

#10 Post by Keaoden, The hidden » Tue May 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Some more bad sketchings and something of a work in progress that have been sitting around for like half a year.
Image
Sketches

Enjoy.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Alone

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 5/29 (WIP and Sketches)

#11 Post by Keaoden, The hidden » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:51 am

Image
Meet James.
He is one of the characters I made while working on a Soul Eater fan fiction, yeah I know. Though it really is a piece connected to a friend's fan fiction. Working a bit on his design, I think I can finally get the scars on the neck to work.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Alone

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 6/3 (Story Character)

#12 Post by Keaoden, The hidden » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:34 am

So apparently tumblr supports audio uploads, though I might try it out with something awful. Flute Practice
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 2302
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:22 pm
Location: That place with the thingy.

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 6/20 (Something Different.)

#13 Post by Chaosye » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:56 pm

Oh lord, my ears are screaming in...
enjoyment!

Doesn't sound bad at all to a non-flutist like me. How much experience do you have with the flute, anyway?
ImageImage

User avatar
The Neobedouin Musician
Posts: 2177
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:46 am
Location: California

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 6/3 (Story Character)

#14 Post by Ravenous222 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Keaoden, The hidden wrote:So apparently tumblr supports audio uploads, though I might try it out with something awful. Flute Practice
The tone sounds really good! How long have you been playing the flute?
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

User avatar
Grand Templar
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Alone

Re: Keaoden's Sketchbook 6/20 (Something Different.)

#15 Post by Keaoden, The hidden » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:07 am

Ravenous222 wrote: The tone sounds really good! How long have you been playing the flute?
Chaosye wrote:Oh lord, my ears are screaming in...
enjoyment!

Doesn't sound bad at all to a non-flutist like me. How much experience do you have with the flute, anyway?
I..but..whut?
Well thank you.
I've played the flute since I was real little, like 8 or 9, but I only recently picked it up again.
I only barely remember how to read sheet music, and maybe half of the key names.
This was all just playing around with it.
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests