Shiru's Artistic Endeavors

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Shiru
Apprentice

Shiru's Artistic Endeavors

#1 Post by Shiru »

Having been stuck in the house all day because of all this Irene business... and also feeling quite lonely due to a certain person having their trip home delayed because of all this Irene business... I have made a drawing. I don't really draw much, but it came out alright so I figured I may as well share it.

I've heard Basitin don't do well in the rain. Something about short fur, all that.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: So much rain...

#2 Post by tony1695 »

You don't draw much? You could have fooled me. That honestly looks very good.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#3 Post by redundant_redundant »

huzzah, someone that I don't need to instruct.

two hoofs up! (two of two)
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

Chocolate wrote:Because its TASTY
- Chocolate

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#4 Post by KyeRaor »

Oh wow, that's a really cute picture Shiru! Keith's face is quite adorable the way you drew it.Please draw more!

xamali
Grand Templar

#5 Post by xamali »

Indeed it is :o
Loved the art. I want more :D
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Dont sell yourself short, its better than anything I've drawn so far! :grin:
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Lol I love they way their faces look. Please sir, may I have some more?
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

bluecore
Traveler

#8 Post by bluecore »

exactly what is your definition of 'i don't draw much'. that just looks really nice and cute and ... yes i can go on but i think you get the idea
human knowledge is boundless, as long as we want it to be boundless

Shiru
Apprentice

#9 Post by Shiru »

Well, it was every art teacher I ever had that put me off drawing. I was the sort of kid that always carried crayons around with me... but I liked to draw cartoony stuff and art teachers don't like cartoony stuff, so I kinda quit. In like elementary school. I actually do more spriting than I do drawing, but when the power's out and you don't want to waste precious laptop battery all that remains is a pencil and paper.

And flashlights.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! Maybe I'll have to get back into this, huh?

Also random sprite hijack-->
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Because I can't say that I like to sprite and then not show any.

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Question: are those sprites edits, or did you draw them from the ground up?

And you really should get back into drawing. You did really good with the Keith/Natani pic. Art teachers can be a pain, but I think they always harp on that because you need to know how to draw realistically to draw cartoony. By that, I mean knowing the "rules" for drawing a realistic person helps you to more carefully "break" them without "breaking" them too much. Hope that made some sense... ^_^;
Image Image

Shiru
Apprentice

#11 Post by Shiru »

They're edits of Pokemon trainer sprites. Easiest way to make custom trainer sprites that fit the size restrictions and thus would actually be usable in game hacks.

I know what you mean there, yeah. Being able to understand proportions and perspective is important. What I've had an issue with is this: draw a picture, give it a nice detailed pencil shade, art teacher tells me it's too cartoony. Erase outlines. Art teacher says it's perfect. Yeah... I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#12 Post by redundant_redundant »

that's a nice kamina you have their... [/creep]
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

Chocolate wrote:Because its TASTY
- Chocolate

Shiru
Apprentice

Re: Shiru's Artistic Endeavors

#13 Post by Shiru »

Holy revival, Batman! Well, this semester, I had a class at 8:30 in the morning. Factoring in the commute, it means that this semester, I had to wake up... well, earlier than I have since high school, anyway. And to top it all off, that 8:30 class was nightmarishly boring. However, it's been great art practice. I needed something to occupy myself just to stay awake, and so I turned to doodling. And on that note... I finally made myself a DA at the start of doodling season. Here it is! There's no great masterpieces there, mostly just simple portrait-style sketches of people and stuff from Monster Rancher. But, well... it's there anyway.

Here's a little sample (it's also up on the DA) that I actually think came out really well: It's Ann from Harvest Moon!

Also, I made a tumblr to put my sprite work on, because putting them on DA just doesn't feel right. That would be here! I haven't finished putting stuff up on that one though. There's a lot more, but they're sort of stored all on one giant messy .png and I haven't taken the time to sort them all out. So it's just really old crappy stuff for now... but if it's of any use to anyone, for a comic or a game edit or whatever else, they're up there.

Shiru
Apprentice

#14 Post by Shiru »

I feel bad double posting after just a few days, but I finished up some... things. I figured "Natani's pretty fun to draw, so let's do that!" And I wanted to draw him looking all cool and manly and stuff, because that... doesn't... ever happen. The result was this! What Natani expected when becoming an assassin. (Sorry it's so freaking giant).

But, well... it was just that, an expectation. I couldn't very well do this without the other half, right? So I thought, "All right, what has Natani ACTUALLY DONE in the comic?" And... um...

Just as a disclaimer, I'm not even into this sort of thing! It's supposed to be for the lulz! I'm just calling 'em as I see 'em.

It's here.

Somehow ending up naked all the time. And in awkward positions. With Keith. Yep, that's about it!

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#15 Post by DariusL »

Lol, this is so true. :)