My.. um... art. update: 8/5 Possible Redesign? <WIP>

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

Re: My.. um... art. update: 7/16 A Bad Day...

#61 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

judah4 wrote:Everytime I peek at this thread this week I see Ame. I like. I also like the style of the other two arts below it.
I'm glad you like them! :roll:
TinyVoices wrote:Well jeezo dude. Maybe coming back just made everything a bit weird or something. Don't give up, and try to just remind people of why they liked you originally. :)
eh, I dont think I explained very well... the problem is that I'm not at home. I've been away for a year now and it's becoming harder and harder to keep in touch with everyone I knew back then. It doesn't help that my personal life improved immensely in the few months before I had to leave it all behind.

Enough about that though, nobody should have to suffer this much sad rambling in an art thread :|
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#62 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

I decided to try drawing my character while playing with the style a bit. What I came up was a design that was more animation inspired than my previous one:

Thoughts? Comments? Rude Remarks? It's kind of a work in progress (notice the lack of a background... and shading... :roll: ) but I thought I'd get some outside opinions while I brainstorm background setting ideas.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#63 Post by TinyVoices »

AlfaWskyDlta wrote:Thoughts? Comments? Rude Remarks?
He doesn't have the bandanna around his neck. He's in de nude! :P
That's a reference to the webcomic Housepets, where whenever one of the pets find themselves without a collar of some kind on, they feel naked.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

Re: My.. um... art. update: 8/5 Possible Redesign? <WIP>

#64 Post by Chaosye »

Good color scheme, and although I don't have much experience with wolf anatomy, there are a couple issues I can see in the picture.

Most notable of these issues would be the perspective of the head: while the mouth, teeth, and nose seem to be angled towards the viewer, the rest of the head appears to remain in a side-view. For reference, his head appears to be in a position similar to this, while his mouth is more in the line of this. The other side of the bridge and forehead should be more prevalant, assuming you intend to follow the mouth's current position. Make it 3D, yo!

Other minor issues can be seen, such as how the mouth's side in the background appears to have a convex shape, like a membrane connection, while the foreground side of the appears to simply meet at an angle. Having both be convex would make a bit of a lazy face, while making them both angled would make him seem a bit more fierce. Your choice! (reflect it in his expression too, if you do make a change. Eyes are the window to the soul, after all!)

The stripe along the back of the wolf also appears very dissonant with the rest of its fur, without having any of the frays or hairs to be expected in a fur-like texture, as well as ending very abruptly. Look at wolf heads to see what I mean for yourself. To fix this, however, would require texturing the fur, and I'm uncertain if you want to go to that length. Otherwise, I'd say try making it a bit more jagged, following the body's shape, rather than being a bold line going across the top of the wolf.

Hopefully this critique doesn't come off as rude, and if another artist gives you any recommendations, please follow them! I'm very amateur when it comes to art, and this is the extent of my knowledge right now.

I hope to see the finished product!

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

Re: My.. um... art. update: 8/5 Possible Redesign? <WIP>

#65 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Chaosye wrote: ...Hopefully this critique doesn't come off as rude, and if another artist gives you any recommendations, please follow them! I'm very amateur when it comes to art, and this is the extent of my knowledge right now.

I hope to see the finished product!
Not at all! I really appreciate the all feedback you've offered. Looking again, I can see what you mean with all of the suggestions you've made. Due to recent changes to my schedule, it might take me a while to finish this project, but I look forward to showing off the finished results. :grin: