Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

bigro
Grand Templar

Some vauguely artistic things.

#1 Post by bigro »

heyo everybodies :grin:

geuss what? thats right...art
i've finally gotten around to doing some artsy fartsy stuff and have decided to share with you peeps.

HOWEVER! there is a slight problem (;_;) I only have MS paint (boo) and I just really don't think this is good enough. Could somebody recomend something better? (and free) before I snap and do something very naughty involving torrents.

And because i am a good bloke i will not leave you empty handed. Have a (terrible) pic of a random painting i painted on a random piece of wood i found.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Bigro? art thread? NONSENSE! (abstractness-ish ahead-ish

#2 Post by avwolf »

bigro wrote:HOWEVER! there is a slight problem (;_;) I only have MS paint (boo) and I just really don't think this is good enough. Could somebody recomend something better? (and free) before I snap and do something very naughty involving torrents.
I think the usual recommendation is Gimp, which is a pretty solid open source image editing tool. If you're looking for vector graphics (think Illustrator rather than Photoshop), software like Inkscape would serve you better.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by SirSlaughter »

AV is right, Gimp is usually the choice for free. And that is actually a nice paint job you did there. I like it. You should see about doing more random paints on random pieces of wood. lol.

bigro
Grand Templar

#4 Post by bigro »

avwolf wrote:
bigro wrote:HOWEVER! there is a slight problem (;_;) I only have MS paint (boo) and I just really don't think this is good enough. Could somebody recomend something better? (and free) before I snap and do something very naughty involving torrents.
I think the usual recommendation is Gimp, which is a pretty solid open source image editing tool. If you're looking for vector graphics (think Illustrator rather than Photoshop), software like Inkscape would serve you better.
Cheers, i'll check em both out as I do like illustrator :|
SirSlaughter wrote:AV is right, Gimp is usually the choice for free. And that is actually a nice paint job you did there. I like it. You should see about doing more random paints on random pieces of wood. lol.
I like my art spontaneous :wink: (Spontaneous ideas that is, the wooden painting took me quite a few hours)

aaaand my scanner decide that it was a good idea to be useless...excuse me while i go fix it :x

bigro
Grand Templar

#5 Post by bigro »

Well well well, I managed to whip my scanner into shape (it still cut off a bit though, and it's patchy with the colours) and now you lucky people get to see my latest project QUARTER DONE! (yay)

i reackon it'll look fairly good once it's done...also, anyone know any good scanners? this one is old and it sucks.

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Wow, that looks pretty damn awesome! How hard was that? And sorry, I have no idea what type of scanner I use, nor do I know any so I can't recomend one.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

bigro
Grand Templar

#7 Post by bigro »

Natani--Fan. wrote:Wow, that looks pretty damn awesome! How hard was that? And sorry, I have no idea what type of scanner I use, nor do I know any so I can't recomend one.
Oh it's not hard at all :3 just really slow going and repetetive (see if you can spot the areas i got bored on)

also, it would be just one continuous line but my scanner chopped off the bottom :x

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Natani--Fan. »

bigro wrote:
Natani--Fan. wrote:Wow, that looks pretty damn awesome! How hard was that? And sorry, I have no idea what type of scanner I use, nor do I know any so I can't recomend one.
Oh it's not hard at all :3 just really slow going and repetetive (see if you can spot the areas i got bored on)

also, it would be just one continuous line but my scanner chopped off the bottom :x
T-t-that's all one line?!?
Image Image

bigro
Grand Templar

#9 Post by bigro »

Natani--Fan. wrote:
bigro wrote:

T-t-that's all one line?!?
oh the things you can acomplish when your'e meant to be studying :grin:

yes, yes it is. (might be able to get a full pic of it with a better scanner)

bigro
Grand Templar

#10 Post by bigro »

and there we be...my second on the go project at the moment.

hope you likies :grin:

also feel free to tell me how its going

bigro
Grand Templar

Re: Bigro's dumping grounds

#11 Post by bigro »

ohoho, I'm back and I brought new scraps of yucky one coloured goodness with me :grin:

done in ONE study class

both done with the same pen on the same day (while I was camping.....points to anyone who knows where these are)

and then there's that little bit of boredom I did

watcha think?

PJSandPOP-TARTS
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by PJSandPOP-TARTS »

Wow! Your little bit of boredom one is awesome! I've always tried to draw things like that for art classes and such but, I usually give up and start something else.

bigro
Grand Templar

#13 Post by bigro »

oh that? that's nothing much really. Just patience, multitasking and a good movie :P (I don't even do art class anymore, this is just for kicks)

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Hm you keep mentioning patience, maybe I should use that!

OT: You just went from awesome, to badass!
Image Image

bigro
Grand Templar

#15 Post by bigro »

I'm baaaaa-aaaack (cue dramatic lightning)

I think I should mention that the first two things I'm posting are from WAAAAYY long ago (like three years ago...back when my voice wasn't manly), I have only recently found em' and I am only posting the coolest ones.

MORE THAN ONE COLOUR! blasphemy :P anywho, I seem to recall doing this in maths class in year 9....long time ago (back in 2009)

ZOMG! wrong way up but it's too late to fix now, enjoy this three year old bit. (2008)

and now for one from roughly two hours ago.

+10 internets for whoever knows what this is from. (no one will :grin: i promise)

and that's all the crap I have for you today.