Frokusblakah - because ponies

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Frokusblakah
Master

Re: Frokusblakah - Flora Catnip

#106 Post by Frokusblakah »

Salad fingers. o_o;;
If you watch Jaws backwards it is just a movie about a shark that throws people up until they have to open a beach.
Color that fox!
Narwhals, Narwhals, swimmin' in the ocean!

bond84
Stick Animator

#107 Post by bond84 »

Frokusblakah wrote:Salad fingers. o_o;;
Knew it the moment I read that...then I cowered in a corner...
Great art, specially love the face for some reason!
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

Frokusblakah
Master

#108 Post by Frokusblakah »

More Jesse arts. I figure I'd post a sketch and an inked copy. For some reason I'm really drawn to my sketch art, and I'm usually not satisfied with the inked versions. I'm not sure why. I think I need cleaner ink lines perhaps, which means I need a pen with a finer point D:. I can't get very small lines. Either way I might just focus on cleaner "sketch" art and stop this inking nonsense. ;P

Anyway, sketch version (Her legs are all messed the heck up D: ))

And Inked version (I liked the head from the sketch version a lot more. She is supposed to be a wolf and she looks very un-wolflike in the inked version. Hrmmm)

I know nothing about guns, so I just winged the gun. =P

Open to a request or two again ;p
If you watch Jaws backwards it is just a movie about a shark that throws people up until they have to open a beach.
Color that fox!

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#109 Post by Lief »

Frokusblakah wrote:Open to a request or two again ;p
I don't think anyone would object to more Jesse art, I know I wouldn't. (In otherwords: I haven't a clue for requests. :D)

Hmm, her face doesn't particularly look wolf-like in either of them, to me. Looks more fox-like. Maybe it's a little bit too cartoon-ish? And I kinda like the thick lines in the lineart, personally. Also, any particular reason you changed the goggles from the sketch to the lineart?

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Frokusblakah - Jesse again D:

#110 Post by SirSlaughter »

The sketch...awesome...the ink...yes, she looks more like a fox to me than a wolf...but hey...[censored] SWEET EITHER WAY! I love it. and the gun: Forward pump action auto shotty hybrid? *headsplosion*

Frokusblakah
Master

#111 Post by Frokusblakah »

Yeahhhhhh, something like that. Like I said, I know jack about guns, so I'm sure anybody who does know a thing or two probably facepalms at most of the ones I draw ;p.

Yeah, she does look pretty foxy (lolpun). I actually spent part of the morning looking at photographs of wolves and drawing their heads at different angles. I might try to do a head turnaround with her. As much as I like foxes, Jesse is really suppose to be a wolf type. Plus being able to differentiate species when it comes to anthros is an important skill to have I think...

As for the goggles. I dunno, I got a wild hair up my #$# and decided I wanted to change them last moment. I like the original ones better. =P

I'm also still trying to decide if I like her with little to no hair, or give her some actual hair. I've drawn her mostly with little to no hair, and I think I kinda of like her that way. She does have a bit of shag down the back of her neck, but that's just how I draw anthros unless I have a reason not too. The way her hair is in the sketch is how I think I'm going to keep her.

I should probably get to fleshing out some of my other characters.....one of my friends who I talked to about the comic asked if I had done the concept art for the characters from the campaign. I said "yeah" and sent him like 7 pictures of Jesse, and like one of some random other guy. x3
Color that fox!

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#112 Post by Lief »

I just kinda ignore the guns- So I don't complain about them to no end and point out everything that's wrong with them. :P

Yeah, I liked the original goggles better too. And I kinda like her hair how it is in the sketch, though that may or may not change depending on how you draw her face.

emmy
Violent. Hateful. Fluffy.

#113 Post by emmy »

Frokusblakah wrote:Yeahhhhhh, something like that. Like I said, I know jack about guns, so I'm sure anybody who does know a thing or two probably facepalms at most of the ones I draw ;p.
Yeaaa, you should talk to slowfag.

Before that I can tell you from my limited experience that the trigger and it's guard are only for the index finger, the other three are out. other than that, a rifle butt is only as long as a lower arm. The ammo clip is a little bit too sharply bent compared to ammo calibre and length if you ask me.

That help?

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Don't make me slap you on the back of the head.

AkumaWolf
Apprentice

#114 Post by AkumaWolf »

Holy crap!

So I take my leave from the forums because you weren't posting anything for awhile, only to come back to a stream of great art! :D

Where to begin... :/

The traditional pic.
I don't have to say anything about this, since I've already said enough on your FA page (I'm k-man, btw :P)

The sketch compilation.
If anybody wants to know about how to one day become a great illustrator, please check out that list of pics. :D
I... am... stunned man!
You know how much I see people draw furries, then claim they've never drawn an animal or human ever. I mean, the fundamentals of a furry is finding a middle ground between animals and people, yet some claim they can't draw them separately... how bizarre... :/
But seriously.. this has it all! Anatomy study, human drawing, animal drawing, perspective study, motion study, expression study, hands and feet study, cartooning and just plain silliness to boot! :P
And the best part, it looks like you were having fun doing it. A lot of people groan when they think of all the things they have to learn art-wise, since it seems boring as hell. But it looks like you prove them wrong to me, by just having fun in the process. :P
I've always admired this fun aspect of your art, it's the type of art you look at and then get into the mood to draw. In fact, since I'm typing this from work, if I get yelled at later for doodling instead of working, I'll know who to blame. :P

Renamon and Impy
Oh Renamon... you're not fooling anyone by referring to yourself as a 'digital monster' :P
Hey man... draw whatever you like.. it seems like you're a big fan of Renamon so you can just go with it :D

Angel Laura
I had no problem with the previous Laura pic but damn this on is even more awesome looking :P
Funny you should mention the feet... I have a pic of a wolf-girl that is like 98% in that same pose.. and the feet also confuzzled me in that angle, so I know now I'm not the only one... >_>
As for my arm and hand placement... that was... uhhh... somewhere else.... for this pic it obviously needs to be in a relaxed and natural state, so I kinda already works where it is now :P

High Flora
HAHAHAAHAHAHA!
Yeah... Salad Fingers reference there.... David Firth.. you are a sick, sick [censored] that creeps the begeezus outta me but I am still in total awe of you...
Yeah... Trace better have some munchies ready...
(Interesting to see Flora in your style, btw)

Jesse with gun
So cool XD I should do more of my characters in random poses, you make it look so fun to draw :P
I'll be honest with you... there is very few clean line artists I actually like.. sketchy styles just comes off as spontaneous, fast and fun! (I really gotta stop referring everything as fun >_>)
I dunno.. maybe I hate clean lines because I use vectors at work all day long, but I always have a soft spot for sketchy art. :D
As for the face, I can kinda see what you mean... mmm... maybe because the sketched version had a more concave wolf shape flowing towards the cheek bushes and the lined version a more convex human round shape... maybe... :/
The legs... well.. I can see what you went for there. :P
As for guns, they're not that bad once you design around the basics (barrel + feed system + firing mechanism + trigger + aiming reference = gun). Hell, using everyday references, guns vary from the super basic (Like the British Sten or the Russian Scorpion sub-machinegun) to videogame futuristic (look up OICW on google image search).

I hope that covered the gist of it...
Can't wait to see more of your work man! (so envious right now) :D

PS: Noooo.. don't do smut! You're way to good for it! D:
FeyWinds by Nicole Chartrand(C)

I was going to coin the term 'procrastination'... but never got around to it... :(

emmy
Violent. Hateful. Fluffy.

#115 Post by emmy »

AkumaWolf wrote:PS: Noooo.. don't do smut! You're way to good for it! D:
LIES

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Don't make me slap you on the back of the head.

Frokusblakah
Master

#116 Post by Frokusblakah »

Wow, thanks for all the comments Akuma. I wouldn't know where to begin with replying to everything you said, but it was well thought out and I appreciate it XD. I'll probably post a more detailed response when I wake up, but I'm fixing to pass out and I wanted to throw up another sketchdump first. Almost all Jesse this time, I'm trying to work on her muzzle and get used to drawing her. I promise I'll show you some of the other characters for the comic, I'm just having too much fun with her right now. She's really just a secondary character too....I need to get working on the others x3.

Once again I doubt I'll ink or clean up anything in this image, its all just scanned out of the sketchbook then [censored] on the internet, then I wipe and move on! =P #(*$scribbles! I like that term.

The last little dialogue is sort of an ongoing joke that happened in the DND campaign between a few of the PCs. I'll explain it if I ever get the comic going ;P
Color that fox!

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Frokusblakah - Sketchdump againz

#117 Post by avwolf »

Shaun of the Dead wrote:He also says dogs can't look up.
Actually, it looks like you got a decent handle enough on looking up by the end there. And heaven forbid one such as I complain about getting more Jesse. ;)

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#118 Post by SirSlaughter »

Okay I seriously laughed really hard at the goggles. They made her lok awesome yet hilarious. Great combow. And I actually liked the second face with the one fang sticking out. I liked the eyes there. And Like I said On FA you have been getting the wolf look down a bit more. I like it alot. Keep up the work. I thought she looked adorable on the one where she was trying to look up.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#119 Post by tony1695 »

With the goggles on, she looks completely deranged. I love it.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#120 Post by Natani--Fan. »

I know I rarely post here (sorry about that) but I have one small request. Can you draw something radomly(?) funny that is Twokinds related? And goggles = win!
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image