Frist's Progression of Arts: Request Stream!

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Frist's Progression of Arts: Fwip Off

#526 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Ooooooohh, Cubi' Wolfe likey, nice work as usual frist!
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

Frist
Master

#527 Post by Frist »

MUDPUNISHER wrote:Ooooooohh, Cubi' Wolfe likey, nice work as usual frist!
Thank ya' kindly! uwu
stavtei wrote:designed well :3
she has this cocky expression that obviuously says "pffft, you cant actually think you are better than me, drum stick" :'D
and this fluffy tail :D~

btw
i wanted to make you a comback art in return, but i had 2 problems
1. i dont know which is your most beloved char or wateve
2. it make me feel somewhat narcisist XD
Thanks!

And aww, you don't have to do that for me -- I mean if you really want to, I'm not gonna stop you by any means, just don't feel obligated to :P. And nah, I wouldn't say that makes you narcissistic. It's just art and expression, right?

As for my favorite characters of my own, to be honest, it keeps switching around on me, one minute I love June, next it's Raquel, then Zenobia, then Kalley, Dustin, etc., nutshelled, I can't make up my mind :v.

Since I've got 6 characters so far, I'd say the safest way to go is to roll a die!
Boost!----------------------COMBO BOOST!!

Frist
Master

#528 Post by Frist »

Hey, me again. Went on a giftart binge for the past week or so, and made at least one thing worth posting here, so.. you know the drill!

SO yeah, long story short, I love Mic. So much. He actually sold this as a print at a recent con, which made me freaking ECSTATIC <3. Glad I was able to help him :3!

There's a nice story behind this one. If you care enough about it, check it in the links here-. Just know that some good things do go rewarded :3.

Mic originally asked if I could make him a print for BronyCon. Turns out that in the end he didn't have enough money to make too many prints, but I made him one anyway. Subtle reference, but it works well for his OC's :D!

In which Frist spills his loveguts for his heroine - Click!

Something for the both of us because we share the same birthday :D!

Oh, right, I'm 21 now. Woohoo.

First time I colored my "ponified" self, so to speak.

Something for Glaze.

Excellent musician and sewed the seeds of my favorite song in the world.

Glaze/WoodenToaster - http://www.youtube.com/user/WoodenToaster?feature=watch

Right behind dynamic angles, if you couldn't tell already, I REALLY like drawing stuff breaking :D!!

Birthday Gift for Omnipony a couple days ago.

Your step rules, dude. Can't get enough of that AGGRESSION!!

It RIVES me!

Omnipony - http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialOmnivore

Looove you, dB! You precious virtuoso you, and your squishy-hooves@u@!!

I ****ED UP THE LOGO ON THE GUITAR! GRAAA

dBPony - http://www.youtube.com/user/dBPonyMusic

Giftart for Alex S. who's music and remixes are beyond phenomenal.

I love Life As We Know It. The whole EP. SO MUCH. And heand Odyssey did insanely amazingly on the song itself as well.

Can never wait to hear what comes next!

Alex S. - http://www.youtube.com/user/DJAelxs

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Frist's Progression of Arts: It's like 82% Pony, forewar

#529 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Saw them all on my DA. While I'm not too big of a fan of MLP (to put it lightly) your almost Graffiti-esque style has a certain something that I'm always willing to look at.

Frist
Master

Re: Frist's Progression of Arts: More Giftart.

#530 Post by Frist »

Like the prodigal son, I be back, yo.

MORE PWNIES, FRIST?? HOW ORIGINAL.

Yeah.. but it's still output.

Giftart for ibeabronyrapper A.K.A. ConCept

Commission for mah buddy, Airheart-In-Chains

Giftart for ThatSonOfAMitch, awesome guy and musician.

Two commissions for Nombre, Shady, and Sodia, some new friends of mine.

Birthday art for Cathy Weseluck. I love her so much <3. Gut spillage here.

Finally drew a proper image of my "ponysona", if you can even call it that. I couldn't choose between pony and dragon, so I took the middle path and went Dracony, or Drony for short.

Dashie would never DREAM of dropping her Dirk-A-Dirk.

Birthday art for Lolo/Stripey Butts :3.

My first time drawing Album Art! For Ibeabronyrapper/ConCept and Flowny's album, Flows&Cons: Please StandBy. T'was quite fun to do ^_^.

NSFW Below v

I ship these two so hard.. and no one can stop me.
Spoiler!

Give it up for everyone’s favorite spooky scary skeleton! Birthday Art for Ctenophorae.

Cteno in a bra and jeans has so far been my favorite drawing of her by Slugbox. Jeans are sexy, yo.

I’ve been a fan of Cteno since the early days. Y’know, waaaay back, when she was a

Quadruped, that’s the word.. and since, Slug’s put her through one of the most interesting character transformation arc’s I’ve seen ever! While drawing, I was all worried about look accuracy, but give ‘er about a month and that won’t even matter anymore.

So thanks, Slug, for being such a cool and smart dude. How dare you. AND thanks again for signing my body pillow at the con. Sure, the dang fabric absorbed the signature and it faded, but I’ll know..

I’ll know..

So yeah, Happy Early Birthday, girl, you were quite possibly one of the most challenging drawing’s I’ve ever taken on, but I can’t lie, it was fun.

Blah. I still exist. How original.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Frist's Progression of Arts: More Giftart :0

#531 Post by EvilNinjadude »

MORE FANART, FRIST?? HOW ORIGINAL. Maek moar comic.
Good to have you back man. Yeah, it's ponies, but I'll just have to ignore that. Your art style is worth it. And that last image... I coulda sworn it was from Slugbox himself, but then I checked and it was definitely your art style. Weird. But cool. Still a big fan, dude, keep it up.

Frist
Master

#532 Post by Frist »

EvilNinjadude wrote:MORE FANART, FRIST?? HOW ORIGINAL. Maek moar comic.
Good to have you back man. Yeah, it's ponies, but I'll just have to ignore that. Your art style is worth it. And that last image... I coulda sworn it was from Slugbox himself, but then I checked and it was definitely your art style. Weird. But cool. Still a big fan, dude, keep it up.
I hear ya.

I've come to the conclusion that it's best I wait till I'm out of college to pursue the comic. In the time it takes me to do one strip, I can do like 4 single art pieces like these. The comic's gonna take time, and as of now, I just don't have enough of it, being in Senior Year.

At the same time, I need money too, to keep a living. FJRA's not gonna make me diddly-squat, at least not for a LONG while - understandable - while on the contrary, I sold VERY well at BronyCon over the summer with some of these pieces as prints and by doing commissions :0!!

So don't fret, it's just a matter of output and priority as of now :3. Gotta graduate.

Also, thanks!! ^_^

I Love Twokinds
Grand Templar

#533 Post by I Love Twokinds »

Awesome art, as usual! :D Can hardly wait until you post more. :wink:
You Only Live Once!
Albert Einstein wrote:I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Frist
Master

#534 Post by Frist »

Wwwwait no longer!

I think I can toss up a few more, plus some VA stuff if that interests anyone, as it's my second art form behind drawing!

In the last post, I totally forgot this giftart I did for Atryl, who's probably the quickest and one of the most skilled artists I know ouo.

His fun and sexy OC, Beach Ball, love-'er-to-bits.

Seriously, if you get a sec, check him up, the stuff he can do in 30 minutes is insane, for real!

This is abouts what I can do in 30 minutes, submitted for the Tumblr, 30 Minute Art Challenge a while ago, the theme was the letter "H".

Mini motivational thing I drew.

To all you’s out there complainin’ that nothing’s happening for ya, get in there and make stuff happen!

Get off those [censored] and get to work!

Speaking of motivation, I'm gonna make an awesome dad someday.

But no matter how much motivation you have, inspiration's hard to lock into sometimes.

I'm totally not projecting my problems onto characters I relate to, nope-not-one-bit.I love this idea.

They’d definitely be the two to help Spike out..

Shining would be the whole consoling “there’s no rush” big bro he is, while RD would endlessly tease him and edge him on.

That’d make a great fanfic. Too bad I don’t really write much of it.

..though I do find myself coming back to the same story ideas now and again..

I just can't help myship.

https://vimeo.com/77445018

^But less about me and more about work, here's a little bitty logo animation thing I did for After Effects class.

And finally, as promised, here's some voice acting/voice-over art I've done and collaborated on over the past year or so.

"I Hate Furries II"
Wake-Up Call
Attack On Voice Acting (My Eren Audition)
Sexy Sombra
Hey Twi
Spike Has a Crush
Parity
(WARNING: Image NSWF)Shining's Sword
The Villager (Super Smash Bros. U)
My Muscles (Collab - Me as Dirk)

Goddamn, those were all so much fun to do. I need to find more. Too bad TwoKinds Animated got cancelled, I think I would've nailed Keith's voice :3.

Oh snap, I should totally voice one of his monologue-ish strips sometime.. :0

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Frist's Progression of Arts: BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE????

#535 Post by EvilNinjadude »

That last one was strangely amusing. I'm'a just gonna give the sketches a glance, them not exactly being my thing... but yeah, all of that's cool.
Cteno wrote:I used to be a pony like you, but then I... I...
Seriously though, why and what the hell happened?

Frist
Master

#536 Post by Frist »

EvilNinjadude wrote:That last one was strangely amusing. I'm'a just gonna give the sketches a glance, them not exactly being my thing... but yeah, all of that's cool.
Cteno wrote:I used to be a pony like you, but then I... I...
Seriously though, why and what the hell happened?
?? Oh, how Cteno became what she is today?

Well, long story short, Slug kinda shifted out of the pony thing, and wanted to take her in more of an original direction, like for real, no two drawings of her are ever the same, she's literally always changing, and that's the way Slug likes it. He said himself, (to paraphrase) "I have absolutely no idea what she is. I don't think I'll ever quite figure it out.. Whatever she is to you is cool with me." Thus, her constant changing of look. It's actually a really cool method to madness IMO, and it works for her, y'know, being a sentient morph-slime and skeleton, as.. far as I can tell.. @_@

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#537 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Frist wrote:a sentient morph-slime and skeleton, as.. far as I can tell.. @_@
That's sort of what I think she is, too. N-not that I went out and looked up a bunch of pictures of her. Just what I remember from the... the time I stumbled across Slugbox.

So, he just makes it up as he goes along. Somehow that makes it all better.

Frist
Master

#538 Post by Frist »

I agree. It definitely makes it interesting. Slug's a fun guy, in his art and his presentation. So glad I met him in person.

Frist
Master

#539 Post by Frist »

Last but not least, I figure I should share this with you guys, another side project I've started up.

Ever play that forum game "A Giant Brick Wall Attacks"?

Long explanation short, you type out an attack, and whoever's managing the thread decides damage and all that. Well, i decided to expand upon that and turn that into a tumblr game/art exercise.

In a nutshell, I kinda want it to be like an open-source ask blog, if that makes any sense.

http://giant-brick-wall.tumblr.com/

You may be here a while..

====
HP: 1,000,000
====
Lead Breaker: Ana

What do you do?

Here's a few example images..

"Open-Source" is probably not the right terminology, but the way it works is that any artist can contribute and draw for it, and have it count. Catch is, the artist never draws their own attack submission. They choose from the approved submission list by the mods and draw it happening. The rules are more detailed on the blog, but it's an art experiment I wanted to try. Wanted to try and motivate people to practice interpreting given scenarios/actions/ideas, instead of drawing own, much like the 30 Minute Art Challenge.

There's more mods/lead artists on board, you only see mine at the moment on the blog, as I'm just getting the ball rolling and the basics in the ground, though it should be fun. I'd like to spread it around! If you happen to like the way I carry a story forward, I've got an overarching one planned for this, so.. y'know. If you're an artist, don't be shy either, we always appreciate the contributions.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Frist's Progression of Arts: A GIANT BRICK WALL ATTACKS!

#540 Post by EvilNinjadude »

This... this almost wants me to get a tumblr account. I'm still deciding. But damn do I want to see this.