Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: FREE ART! 8D

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: FREE ART! 8D

#1 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

I got my scanner working again recently, so I decided I'd procrastinated showing off my stuff long enough. Hopefully I'll have more to show in the next few days, but I've horded a few things to show off in the meantime.

First off, I have a sprite sheet of our favorite Blue-Haired Templar Trace Legacy I started awhile back. It's not 100% complete (as you may notice by the lack of jumping sprites), but when it's all said and done I intend to make enough poses for a decent action/fighting-ish game.

Next, I have a few basic GIF animations I made. Most of them I've posted elsewhere here, but I figured I'd put them here as well.

Eric if he had a computer and saw something dirty on the internet:

A Sprite animation of Raine Transforming to a Keidran and back (with help from Kitesfear on the transparency):

And a small, avatar-ish animation of :redhair: from one of the newer pages:

And finally, a comic I made during class (please note this is an older drawing-hence the slight slant in the characters). Yes, that is me. I tried to draw myself with a gut, just like I have in RL, but my manly artist pride wouldn't allow me to go beyond a few lines to indicate a small bulge. :roll:

Nobody Loves an Emo
(In case nobody can read my smudgy handwriting:)
1st panel:
Emo: Like, nobody loves me man. My life is nothing but a swirling dark abyss of pain and misery. Darkness is my only friend. ...well, that and tacos.

2nd panel:
Me: Oh come one, cheer up! So what if you're emo? There's lots of people that love emos!

Emo: ...R-really?

3rd panel:
Me: Of course! Just look at the internet! Everbody LOVES to make fun of emos on the internet, so that means they must LOVE you!

Emo: |:(

Please tell me what you think, and I'll do my best to get some more (and hopefully better) stuff on here soon!
Image Image

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread

#2 Post by Sebbie »

Damn, that's really good! The sprites sheet is excellent, and the comic's funny and well-drawn. EVERYONE LOVES EMOS!
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#3 Post by supervanman64 »

I do enjoy seeing sprite art, since I can't do those whatsoever. That sheet of them is quite awesome.

And that comic is win too. EMOS! :kathrin:

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Verilidaine »

Nice sprite sheet, those will be fun to see animated. And I like that Raine animation, although I think if Eric found something dirty on the internet he would be less shocked and more...well...grinning hugely. :roll:

Also I'd put money down that if Aze sees that Red icon, he'll want it as his avatar.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#5 Post by FastChapter »

Hm, with your running animation, there isn't a frame that shows Trace's furthest-away foot making contact with the ground. Just letting you know, :)

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Sebbie wrote:Damn, that's really good! The sprites sheet is excellent, and the comic's funny and well-drawn. EVERYONE LOVES EMOS!
Thank you. I've got some of the other members of the cast in the works, but Trace is the one I've worked on the most so far. The other two (Natani and Keith) I only have standing sprites of.
supervanman64 wrote:I do enjoy seeing sprite art, since I can't do those whatsoever. That sheet of them is quite awesome.

And that comic is win too. EMOS! :kathrin:
I'm glad you enjoyed the two. Although sprite art's probably going to be a rarity for me-I only get the urge to work on it every now and then. What I have of that sheet is the combined on-and-off work of a few days stretched into a few months. :(
Verilidaine wrote:Nice sprite sheet, those will be fun to see animated. And I like that Raine animation, although I think if Eric found something dirty on the internet he would be less shocked and more...well...grinning hugely. :roll:

Also I'd put money down that if Aze sees that Red icon, he'll want it as his avatar.
I've actually put them into an animation to test them.
(Note: I didn't add Transparency becuase GameMaker just makes the background transparent anyway)

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the Raine animation. And as for Eric...yeah, you're probably right. Now I need to go make an animation of Eric flashing a perv-grin.
As for the [de] animation; I actually thought of making that my avatar, but saw Aze already had the same picture in his. If he sees this, he's more than welcome to have it. :)
FastChapter wrote:Hm, with your running animation, there isn't a frame that shows Trace's furthest-away foot making contact with the ground. Just letting you know, :)
:? Well, if that's the case, then Square screwed up KH:COM (I edited Sora's arms and legs from that game to make that part of the sheet). Although it looked fine to me when I animated it. Maybe you could tell me which particular frame?
Image Image

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Hate to double post, but I've got some new art, and my previous post seems a tad long to be editing this into it.

Both of these are drawings done last night after having a strong urge to draw something. I thought they were pretty good...until I scanned them and suddenly noticed all the little flaws in them. X_x Oh well, the (hopefully good) comedy may make up for that.

I'd requested this in Frokusblakah's art thread, but I also wanted to do my own version. Personally, Ratchet reminds me of what might happen if a Basitin and a Keidran had offspring. Think about it-he has ears like Basitin's, he's short like them, and he has feline features he very well could have inherited from some feline-based Keidran. :wink:

I actually did this one before the one above, but I put a little bit more time and effort into it. I've wondered what would happen if Eric really did find out Natani's secret. My theory? He'd steal her mana crystals and force her to pose while he painted her. :mrgreen:

Aaaaand...that's it for now. I'm going to work on a couple of other drawings and possibly color the Natani/Eric one in RealWorld Paint.
Image Image

Frokusblakah
Master

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread (New Twokinds Fanart!)

#8 Post by Frokusblakah »

Oh haha, I like the Ratchet one.

And of course Eric being Eric. =P
If you watch Jaws backwards it is just a movie about a shark that throws people up until they have to open a beach.
Color that fox!
Narwhals, Narwhals, swimmin' in the ocean!

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread (UPDATE: Twokinds Fanart!)

#9 Post by Lief »

Eric's hair resembles Trace's. But that is quite possibly what Eric would end up doing.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by AzeNaku »

Verilidaine wrote:Also I'd put money down that if Aze sees that Red icon, he'll want it as his avatar.
Now, why ever would you say that? :karen:

But, yes. Totally stealing it. (unless, Movie plans on using it)

Awesome work all around, Moviedude! :karen:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Frokusblakah wrote:Oh haha, I like the Ratchet one.

And of course Eric being Eric. =P
Glad you enjoyed it. Still looking forward to your version. :wink:
Lief wrote:Eric's hair resembles Trace's. But that is quite possibly what Eric would end up doing.
:shock: It does? :? Didn't mean to do it; I even had pictures up on my laptop while drawing them. Oh well, I'll just keep that in the back of my mind for the next time I draw him.
AzeNaku wrote:
Verilidaine wrote:Also I'd put money down that if Aze sees that Red icon, he'll want it as his avatar.
Now, why ever would you say that? :karen:

But, yes. Totally stealing it. (unless, Movie plans on using it)
Moviedude18.0 wrote:As for the [de] animation; I actually thought of making that my avatar, but saw Aze already had the same picture in his. If he sees this, he's more than welcome to have it. :)
I think that should answer that question. :mrgreen: :wink:
AzeNaku wrote:Awesome work all around, Moviedude! :karen:
Thank you! :D
Image Image

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by AzeNaku »

Moviedude18.0 wrote:
Moviedude18.0 wrote:As for the [de] animation; I actually thought of making that my avatar, but saw Aze already had the same picture in his. If he sees this, he's more than welcome to have it. :)
I think that should answer that question. :mrgreen: :wink:
I was distracted by the awesome animation. :karen:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#13 Post by Lief »

Moviedude18.0 wrote:
Lief wrote:Eric's hair resembles Trace's. But that is quite possibly what Eric would end up doing.
:shock: It does? :? Didn't mean to do it; I even had pictures up on my laptop while drawing them. Oh well, I'll just keep that in the back of my mind for the next time I draw him.
Yeah, I think it's because of the size of the sweatdrop. (that is what that is, right?)

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Lief wrote:
Moviedude18.0 wrote:
Yeah, I think it's because of the size of the sweatdrop. (that is what that is, right?)
You're right, it's a sweatdrop. Although I'm kind of at a loss about how that makes his hair looks like Trace's... (Is it that I put it too close to Eric's head, so it looks like Trace's cowlick? :? )
Image Image

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#15 Post by Lief »

Moviedude18.0 wrote:
Lief wrote:
Moviedude18.0 wrote:
You're right, it's a sweatdrop. Although I'm kind of at a loss about how that makes his hair looks like Trace's... (Is it that I put it too close to Eric's head, so it looks like Trace's cowlick? :? )
Yeah, and it's a bit too big for a sweatdrop in my opinion.