Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: FREE ART! 8D

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: "MWAHAHAHA!!!"

#136 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

KyeRaor wrote:Hey, hey! I remember this one! I really love the job you did on colouring and linearting this one. The glowing effects are nicely done as well!

Awesome work, Moviedude!
Thank you! :grin:

In other news, I have a new piece.

FA link here!

My character Rio Tepner from my story "ERIDOS", indulging the "mad scientist" cliche a little bit. He's not quite as psychotic as this picture might suggest...but that doesn't stop everyone else in the story from seeing him as such. However, given the nature of some of his experiments, it's hard to blame them...

Quickly drew this up tonight after suffering through a bit of an artist's block. I did promise something somewhat furry related after my last piece; surely an alien geneticist counts, right? ;P

I'm not as sure on this one as the last. I tried for another abstract background, but it doesn't seem to work as well with Rio as it did with Jeice and Rena. Maybe it's because those two characters are magical, and Rio is scientific? Meh, I'm still experimenting with glows/lighting/etc, so maybe I'll do a little better next time around...

Anyway, comment and critique to your heart's content. :)
Image Image

Aerosho
New Citizen

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: "MWAHAHAHA!!!"

#137 Post by Aerosho »

Fool! You are no match for the power of SCIENCE! Lol that's what I think when I see this, Dr. Insano. Aaaanyway nice piece you have here, there needs to be at least one scientific character among all the super powered ones XD. At least for me there does. I say I have like 2 of them.
What is your major malfunction brother?

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: New Black Fox Girl OC

#138 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Aerosho wrote:Fool! You are no match for the power of SCIENCE! Lol that's what I think when I see this, Dr. Insano. Aaaanyway nice piece you have here, there needs to be at least one scientific character among all the super powered ones XD. At least for me there does. I say I have like 2 of them.
I really should get out of the habit of replying to comments only when I'm about to upload another drawing... -_-

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about mad-scientist characters other than they can get really cliche really fast. The thing with Rio here is he's not truly a mad scientist, other people just perceive him as one. His experiments are freaky to be sure, but they serve a less insane purpose than, "Let's see if I can play God..."

..of course, it doesn't stop Rio from taking advantage of the cliche every so often. :P

And now for the part you all have been waiting for, the art!

This is...an unnamed black fox-girl character. I'm not sure why, but I had the urge to design a new character, and a black fox-girl seemed the way to go. I don't really have a story for her, other than I've decided that at some point in time she was cursed into her present form (hence the red markings under her right eye) and that she can do magic of some variant. Right now, I'm thinking of a techno-meideval setting (if such a description makes sense) where her species/race/whatever is seen as an evil monster by most people, but guardians by others (which would tie her into another character I haven't designed yet who would seek her out to beg her to turn him into whatever she is, so he can be the champion of his home town). Of course, I need to work on ERIDOS at least a little bit more before I get side-tracked with this idea. In the meantime though, at least I have a furry character to draw besides Tamyel (or some random spur-of-the-moment furry I made up. :P ).

I...got lazy with the shadows. And the background. And...pretty much everything except her actual design. I actually spent more time on the lineart than I did anything else in the picture. Even so, I think it looks pretty good. But of course, you might have a different opinion, or I might look at this later and once again ask myself, "What the bloody hell was I thinking...?" Meh, in the meantime, enjoy, critque, or comment whoever your see fit! :grin:
Image Image

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#139 Post by KyeRaor »

Lazy with the background? Bull! That's a really awesome background, and I wouldn't have added any more or less to it or I'd be afraid it'd make the picture too busy. That moon glare is awesome, I like the effects you throw into your art. That green flame is just bad [censored].

I can't really find any fault with this picture at all, and I think this is the best one I've seen from you yet. If I had to critique it would be that some of the shadows (mostly her tail) abruptly start and stop. But you said you didn't spend too much time on the shadows so I'll stop right there >_>.

Awesome picture Moviedude, sorry it took me so long to comment on this one! D:

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#140 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

*Blows the dust out of the topic*

So yeah, been awhile since I've been here... Um...

Hey look, what's that!

Oh, it's my character Eric, mean-mugging the viewer! :P

So yeah, because I wanted to draw something I drew Eric looking all cool and such. I also drew Tammy standing behind him, but cut her out because a) this picture was originally going to have a more meaningful background and b) I'm considering cropping this to use as a forum avatar. Yeah, not much to look at here, but meh; what can you do when you're in a drawing slump?

I don't suppose any of you know how to keep an image transparent on Fur Affinity? I'd like to upload it there, but you can only upload JPEG images without quality loss. Problem is, JPEG doesn't allow transparency. So yeah...um, help? ^_^'
Image Image

MOOMANiBE
Traveler

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: "...What are you looking at

#141 Post by MOOMANiBE »

For transparency on still images, I suggest a PNG-24. FA doesn't like them on icons, but if you're just uploading a drawing, it should be fine. :D

Also: nice arts! ^_^

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#142 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

*blink*

Yep, that was Moom commenting in my art thread. I managed to attract the attention of one of the artists I watch on FA. ^_^

Well while you're here, any comments or criticisms on my work? Perhaps you could offer advice on thinking up a background that's not surmised as "pretty color patterns with metal texture added."
Image Image

MOOMANiBE
Traveler

#143 Post by MOOMANiBE »

Moviedude18.0 wrote:Well while you're here, any comments or criticisms on my work? Perhaps you could offer advice on thinking up a background that's not surmised as "pretty color patterns with metal texture added."
Hehehe. Lessee...
In a general artistic sense, I think you're in that awkward phase where you're good enough to get stuff mostly right most of the time, but it's inconsistent and breaking out of the box sometimes results in disaster. I remember it pretty well myself. Best recipie to keep moving on is just lots of practice and experimentation. Enjoy yourself! I'm not seeing any glaring issues for the most part, although your faces could use a bit of work. Thinking about faces dimensionally can be really tricky, but pays off huge dividends when you start getting it right. If you're not sure where to go with it, look for other artists who draw faces in a way that you like and try your own interpertation of it. Look for the tricks they use to make the face look 3d.

As far as backgrounds.. it's a tricky thing, really. I do a lot of abstract ones myself. Really the best advice I can give is to try drawing more poses with the background already in mind. Sitting on things interacting with thinigs, or just poses where you have enough room to build a setting around it. If you're having trouble with inspiration, try to look to the things you enjoy. fantasy / sci fi, illustrations you enjoy, photos. Remember that what you make doesn't necessarily have to be complex - you can get away with simple and soft most of the time, especially if you do a good job of IMPLYING things are there without drawing too much attention to the background itself.

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: I'M ALIVE! (And have a WIP

#144 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

So, can anybody point me in the direction of a discounted vacuum cleaner? You know, to get rid of all the dust in this place... >.>

So yeah, I have not had a lot of inspiration the past few...months. Still don't actually...subject matter-wise, I think this isn't really much better than what I've been doing, but I desperately needed to get back into drawing something. So, without further adieu:

You may recognize this lady as the black "fox" from an above picture. She's actually now a black "wolf". The reason "wolf" is in quotations is because, quite frankly, I've never really done a good job making a noticeable difference between fox and wolf for my anthros, so she could have posed as one or the other regardless (In this iteration, I tried to do a better job making her look more wolfish). I'm working on the shading right now, and hopefully that shall be done soon. In the meantime, opinions on the few changes (dress, eye-color, hair, etc) are more than welcome, as is critique!

Oh, and I would appreciate some suggestions of what to draw after this. Like I said, I'm in a slump idea-wise, so I could use a little inspiration. :)
Image Image

Zev
New Citizen

#145 Post by Zev »

Impressive! a very good wolf, and you can definitely tell it's a wolf. I like that the entire tail is black now, and the eyes look neat orange. I also really think the clothes suit the character better.

I only have one little thing about the hand though, (my right, wolf's left) does it seem a little small? but then again I may be wrong with the hand.

All in all, this is awesome art, actually stunning! very much looking forward to you're next piece of work.

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: I'M ALIVE! (+ I have a WIP

#146 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Thank you Zev! ^_^ It's good to know she looks like the appropriate species, and I appreciate the praise.

Oh, I finished it by the way:

So yeah, did a little experimentation with this. I was originally going to shade the fur, but that was taking longer than I wanted to on this piece, so I decided to save it for something different. Even so, all and all this was good practice and did good to soothe my art blues just a little. :)

Oh, and have an FA link.

So, anybody got a request for me? I'm all ears right now. :3
Image Image

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: Wolfess Pic + taking reques

#147 Post by KyeRaor »

Ah, much easier to see the linework with that background. This is going to sound a bit odd but one of the things I really like from your drawings is the style of clothing you give the characters. They're all unique and differently coloured, interesting outfits. It's a cute haircut as well. O_O; With me it's either bland ol' t-shirt or naked.

You certainly haven't lost any ability to draw since the last time you posted, that's for sure. As for critiques even though I don't like giving them and apart from what Zev said is the sizes of the breast. One seems to be noticeably bigger than the other one. Either that or.... Flatter? If that makes sense? o.o But that's it.

Great work Moviedude!

Zev
New Citizen

#148 Post by Zev »

I agree with KyeRaor, the background was a very good choice, even suits the character a bit. I think it looks great :grin: .

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#149 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Sorry that these replies are a bit late. I saw them, got caught up doing other things, then...forgot... ^_^'
KyeRaor wrote:Ah, much easier to see the linework with that background. This is going to sound a bit odd but one of the things I really like from your drawings is the style of clothing you give the characters. They're all unique and differently coloured, interesting outfits. It's a cute haircut as well. O_O; With me it's either bland ol' t-shirt or naked.

You certainly haven't lost any ability to draw since the last time you posted, that's for sure. As for critiques even though I don't like giving them and apart from what Zev said is the sizes of the breast. One seems to be noticeably bigger than the other one. Either that or.... Flatter? If that makes sense? o.o But that's it.

Great work Moviedude!
Thank you! :) Clothing design is often the trickiest, but also the most rewarding part of character design for me, especially when I discover that elusive perfect outfit for a character. Still not there yet with this gal, but considering I may have a backstory and some personality worked out for her that may change. :)

As for your critique, I think I understand what you see, and the answer is I probably just didn't show the shape correctly. Meh, this was just something to try and get me drawing again anyway...which hasn't really worked thus far. :(
Zev wrote:I agree with KyeRaor, the background was a very good choice, even suits the character a bit. I think it looks great :grin: .
Thank you as well! I took your advice and increased the size of the hand a bit. I don't know if it made a huge difference, but it looked a bit better to me at least.
Image Image

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: Come at me Bro! (Natani Fan

#150 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Just some fanart of Natani. It's kind of a remake of this picture right here. I think I did a better job of imitating Tom's style, but I also see lots of mistakes, and only after I'd finished coloring and shading... -__-"

Oh well, enjoy.
Image Image