Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: FREE ART! 8D

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread (New drawing!)

#106 Post by KyeRaor »

I really should visit your thread more often, especially after all the quality critiques and help you've given me. I don't usually like giving critiques because I always feel like I'm being harsh. >w>

I agree that's there's a slight problem with the breasts, not in how they're shaped but where they're located. Whenever I draw the funbags, the breast usually ends at the armpit but in the picture one of them (the one on our left) is quite a bit from. There's just a bit too much space between the armpit and the breast. The other thing I kinda noticed is the woman's shoulders are wider than the hip area, a teeny bit. I've always been told that for females the shoulder width should be the same as the hip width. Hope that makes sense, and that doesn't really detract from the drawing itself at all. I'm kinda debating with myself if they are indeed a little different in widths or I'm just being thrown off by how the arms are positioned.

The only thing on the male character is the thumb, the bottom part of which is a bit large.

Grey wrote:And lastly, maybe that's just how you like it but eyes aren't usually situated as far up on the forehead

Ehh, I think it works and looks quite good on the guy.

So that's what I got for ya, hehe ^.^; Take it with a grain of salt, I'm terrible with proportions myself. The picture is really awesome, and the power effects you call lazy, I call perfect for the overall tone. If you had plans on colouring the characters, don't. I think it's fine like that. You reaaaaaally should look into Paint tool SAI.

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#107 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Thank you, both of you, for the advice. I read what you've said, and will keep it in my mind for future drawings. :grin:

Grey- Maybe it's because it's 2 in the morning over where I'm at, but I'm not quite sure I understood what you meant by the clothing being flat. Could you explain it a little more, or maybe propose a way to fix the problem?

Oh, and you do have a point about the legs. I kind of thought about that myself, but was unsure she'd look "actiony" enough with the other pose. Guess it failed either way... ^_^;

Kye- I was a little confused by Grey's comment about the breasts, but your critique explained it. I understand now, and I appreciate the pointers. Part of the drawing was to practice female anatomy, so it's nice to know what I need to fix from here. :)

Although, I think Grey might be right about Jeice's eyes; they're just a hair too high maybe. On the other hand, Rena's, in my opinion at least, look fine.

Appreciate the critiques you guys. Hopefully I'll have another drawing up here soon (which will probably be another pencil-drawn piece. I seem to want to do those lately...). :)
Image Image

Grey
Merchant

#108 Post by Grey »

Yeah maybe I shouldn't try to write cirtiques around midnight xD

Anyhow what I did mean with the clothing was that at the edges it could move off the body a little more otherwise it just looks like neoprene. Or maybe shading alone would do the job.
I think it's dominant on the cloak thingie of hers, mainly the left side and the part in the background. I think that problem could be sloved by putting the part of the cloak thats in the background further down and not having it match with the foreground ones as well. If that helps ^^;

And thanks for explaining what I meant with the breasts there Kye.

I hope to have been at least of some help xD

And lastly, just keep drawing

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: It's alive...IT'S ALIVE...

#109 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

IT'S A-LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVEEEEEEE!

Why yes, I am currently reading Frankenstein for school. And no, it is nothing at all like the Hollywood movie cliches make it out to be...

For whatever reason, I decided to open Manga Studio Debut, a program my mom bought for me when she gave me my tablet as a Christmas gift. As if by magic, I finally figured out how to work the program, and must say I'm pretty darn impressed with it. It has a pen tool that doesn't glitch when I make quick strokes, and has a little auto-correct thingy were it smooths lines for me. For the first time, drawing on my tablet has felt like drawing on paper, and I can't describe how happy that makes me! |D

So, to hopefully celebrate a new wave of digital drawings, I made a sketch of my character Tamyel. It's a little sketchy, as this was practice using my new tools, and where there are a few lines messed up from where I tried to make the outlines a little thicker (without re-drawing them with a thicker brush...which I probably should have done...), so I don't expect oohs or ahhs or anything. This is just to let ya'll know I'm still drawing. :)

Oh, and I now has a Fur Affinity account. As proof:*click*
Image Image

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#110 Post by KyeRaor »

Still drawing? Good. Very Good. We'll be demanding a piece of digital art per week, then. *nods.

On a more serious note, it is good to see you pumping out some more art. Even after the awesome pieces of advice you gave me, and since this was just a sketch as you said, I feel like I should be ashamed of just giving you only nice words. :U Not to say I have anything bad to say about it either...

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#111 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

KyeRaor wrote:Still drawing? Good. Very Good. We'll be demanding a piece of digital art per week, then. *nods.

On a more serious note, it is good to see you pumping out some more art. Even after the awesome pieces of advice you gave me, and since this was just a sketch as you said, I feel like I should be ashamed of just giving you only nice words. :U Not to say I have anything bad to say about it either...
Ha ha, very funny... :P

Don't worry, when I upload a colored piece, you can criticize to your heart's content on how to fix the shading. XD

EDIT:

Well, I finally had a little free time tonight, and having a strong urge to draw something I came up with this. 'Tis an unnamed desert fox character sitting in...well...a desert. Why is she nude? Umm...she's sunbathing...I guess...? >\\\>

Critique more than welcome. Playing around with line work on Manga Studio Debut, so tips would be heavily appreciated. :)

FA link for those who care: *Click*
Image Image

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: Desert Foxes and sand

#112 Post by Natani--Fan. »

BOOBIES!!! :mrgreen:

lol time to be serious, I like it. The back ground is awesome and the fox looks adorable!
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#113 Post by Ironworks »

Sunbathing? But fur...never mind.

Been a bit since I've dropped a comment here, but Moviedude I really like where you've gotten with your artwork! I see a noticeable progression of improvement I'm jealous of.
To comment on the most recent drawing itself, it's great. Anatomy seems pretty damn spot on, background very well done, compliments and etc :P only thing I can critique here would be the eyes, as the placement seems slightly off, not exactly with the tilt of her head. All I can complain about here, really, save for a lame excuse to be nude :P
Keep it going, my friend.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#114 Post by Donnellson86 »

GumbyDarnit wrote:Sunbathing? But fur...never mind.
Yes, haven't you ever seen a dog or cat sun themselves...it makes perfect sense...I hope.

Joking aside, I like the art and I look forward to seeing a colored and shaded piece. Good luck and remember, if you're not having fun then you're probably doing it wrong.

Let's please remember to keep our minds out of the gutter here.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#115 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Natani--Fan. wrote:BOOBIES!!! :mrgreen:

lol time to be serious, I like it. The back ground is awesome and the fox looks adorable!
XD Thank you Natani-Fan.

Been a bit since I've dropped a comment here, but Moviedude I really like where you've gotten with your artwork! I see a noticeable progression of improvement I'm jealous of.
To comment on the most recent drawing itself, it's great. Anatomy seems pretty damn spot on, background very well done, compliments and etc :P only thing I can critique here would be the eyes, as the placement seems slightly off, not exactly with the tilt of her head. All I can complain about here, really, save for a lame excuse to be nude :P
Keep it going, my friend.
You, jealous of me? Wow, I'm touched. Thank you! ^_^
Yeah, I see what you mean about the eyes. I had a lot of trouble trying to get them to look right. Apparently, I have a lot of trouble drawing eyes on a tablet... Thank you for the compliments and the critique! :grin:
And I know that lame excuse is lame. Personally, I blame Tom. He's such a bad influence. :p
Donnellson86 wrote:
Yes, haven't you ever seen a dog or cat sun themselves...it makes perfect sense...I hope.

Joking aside, I like the art and I look forward to seeing a colored and shaded piece. Good luck and remember, if you're not having fun then you're probably doing it wrong.

Let's please remember to keep our minds out of the gutter here.
Yeah, what Donnellson said! >.>
I think the next one I do might be a colored piece. I have some things I want to try out with shading and such, so we'll see.

Thank you everyone for the compliments! I'll work on another piece soon as I get some time from my homework (Bleh, back to school, and I'm already working my rear off... S:P ).
Image Image

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Moviedude's Misc Art Thread: Story banner WIP

#116 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Because I'm fairly sure I've told none of you guys this, I'm getting ready to release a story I've had floating around in my head for the past year or so. I've decided to title it "Eridos", after the name given to one of the main characters.

To celebrate, I'm making a banner I'm going to put in my forum signature that will link to where I will host the story (Most likely in the story section, but I will also put it on FA too). I did the inking tonight and plan to color/shade/etc. the rest after I get home from school tomorrow. After that, I just got to draw up a quick chapter cover, look over the first chapter/prologue one last time, and then upload the story. In short, keep your eyes peeled for the next week or so, as I should be busy. :grin:
Image Image

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#117 Post by KyeRaor »

Is that a Tammy I see there? : D

Keep my eyes peeled I will, Moviedude!

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#118 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

KyeRaor wrote:Is that a Tammy I see there? : D

Keep my eyes peeled I will, Moviedude!
Nope. That's her twin sister Phillis. Tammy is actually a minor character in this story who shows up once before dying.
...you're buying this, right? :P

In all seriousness though, thank you! ^_^
Image Image

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#119 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Cant wait to read it! :grin:
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#120 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

AlfaWskyDlta wrote:Cant wait to read it! :grin:
Thank you! Lucky for you, you no longer have to wait:

Just click the image to go to the story (or, alternatively, you can click the picture in my sig).

Well, new story news aside, what do you guys think of the art? :)
Image Image