Kye's "Art" Updated July 16th: Safari Sunset

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Nov 2nd: Snip Snip

#181 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Gaaaah! Did not mean to take this long to comment! DX

Anyway, this is pretty good Kye. The glow effects were nicely done, and your backgrounds are still improving. Of course, I do have critiques to make.

First, the background. That fireplace is very detailed and very well drawn. However, the walls of what I assume to be her apartment are a little bland. Granted, not all walls are required to have decoration, but without something else to take up space, the picture seems rather empty. This is more of a nitpick on composition rather than technical skill. However, the wall seems to change colors in one of the scissor's holes, and the back wall lacks trim-which stands out against the trim on the side walls.

Second is some anatomy quirks. As others have mentioned, your bunny-gal's left thigh (our right) seems particularly elongated-and almost bent-in comparison to her right thigh. Even if it were adjusted to the correct length, the way the pose is the knee would be "hovering" off the ground (In fact, I think the reason you made that mistake was to subconsciously make it possible for her to balance in that pose). In that regard, the pose itself needs a little tweaking, so that she can realistically rest on the ground as she is doing. Her left hand (on our right) also has something weird going on with the ring finger and pinky. I know you were going for the fingers being bent, but instead it looks like those digits were amputated! My final anatomy complaint is the breasts. I'm not sure exactly what, but something is off...whether it be placement or shape, I'm not sure at the moment (it's midnight for me as of this post, and I tend to get a little incoherent when I'm sleepy).

The hair also has some issues. Hair should feel like it's flowing. Here, it looks like a series of jagged edges just randomly jutting out, and it's especially noticeable in comparison to how the hair is shaded.

Aside from that, the picture looks pretty good. Your composition (aside from the aforementioned empty background) is interesting, and your bunny-girl is definitely eye-catching. You did a great job capturing how much of a tease she's being in her facial expression. Me personally, I don't understand why she has to ruin a good pair of lingerie when she can achieve the same effect by just slipping it off...but if the niceness of her apartment (or what we've seen thereof thus far) is any indicator, perhaps money is not much of a problem for her. :P You also did a good job with foreshortening in this one (me personally, I can't see the foot issue that was mentioned before. Of course, what I see apparently was part of the initial sketch so maybe the revised foot looked that much better...).

Overall, good work Kye. :)
Image Image

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Nov 2nd: Snip Snip

#182 Post by Scytalle »

KyeRaor wrote:I don't know if I was the only one but I missed seeing that Vulpix avatar running around. Welcome back Scytalle, even though it's been a while since you returned. :3 And thank you :kathrin:
Thank you! I'm happy to be back around. Though, I've now swapped out the vulpix for vulpix v2 for a change of pace.

I just want to say, you've shown some immense progress with your art since I last was active on the forums. Keep up the great work, and I'm sure you'll see me around enough. (Actually, you might have to restrain me if you keep making pictures like that last one :P )

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Nov 17th: A. Creed Char Concept thin

#183 Post by KyeRaor »

Since I'm interested in getting into modelling lately I spent last night coming up with character concepts and weaponry like the hidden blades on this 3d character I want to try and model. Drawing human faces I need practice on, but I am really happy with how it turned out.
Was supposed to only be a rough sketch but I started having fun with it and finished it off. The most trouble I had with this was figuring out why photobucket has been resizing and blurring the crap out of the images I throw up. Switched to imageshack and the results are soooo much better. Bye photobucket. The head I see is a bit too small for the body now that I'm giving it a fresh look.

Might upload more sketches of character concepts, but I dunno.

dA Linky
FA Linky

And just for comparison between my PB Uploads and Imageshack.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/ ... se-6-1.png
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/50 ... nbase.png/

What I could not stop listening to when drawing.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#184 Post by Lief »

...Huh. The midriff (Stomach) is too masculine-looking, I think. Otherwise, that's quite nice. The face doesn't seem to portray the action, although that could just be me.

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Nov 21st: Xmas Avvie x3

#185 Post by KyeRaor »

This was fun. x3. Yeah the fireplace was a cut/copy picture, I say meh to that fact! D:<

Christmas stuff this early, yeah yeah I know. Deal wiffit.

FA linky
dA Linky

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Nov 21st: Fireplace Snooze~ X3

#186 Post by AzeNaku »

I am no longer disappointed in you. :karen:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Glitcher
Templar Master

#187 Post by Glitcher »

Wow, that's an uncanny resemblance to my German Shepherd. Well done!
ImageImageImage

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#188 Post by Donnellson86 »

Just looking at this pic conjures feelings of comfort and tranquility. Very nice work, Kye.

P.S. Early Christmas art(that is tasteful) is always a win in my book.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

JustZsolt
Merchant

#189 Post by JustZsolt »

KyeRaor wrote:Image
This was fun. x3. Yeah the fireplace was a cut/copy picture, I say meh to that fact! D:<

FA linky
dA Linky
Nice picture!

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#190 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Awesome job all around.

P.S.- The first time I looked at it I didnt even notice that you didnt draw the backgound. :|
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#191 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

KyeRaor wrote:Image

FA linky
dA Linky
Must...resist...urge...to...scream...from...cuteness...can't...hold...it...much...lon-

DAA'W!!! 8D

Good shading, drawn well, causes cuteness-induced comas...nope, nothing bad to say about this one. Good job Kye! :grin:
Image Image

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#192 Post by KyeRaor »

Lief wrote:...Huh. The midriff (Stomach) is too masculine-looking, I think. Otherwise, that's quite nice. The face doesn't seem to portray the action, although that could just be me.
Sorry I missed your comment the first time around Lief. Human faces I do need a terrible amount of practice with, the expression I was going for was an at-peace-daredevil (That makes little to no sense) kind of thing, but instead it looks like a bucktoothed grin. XD
AzeNaku wrote:I am no longer disappointed in you. :karen:
Oh good, good. I can start sleeping peacefully again, :P .
Glitcher wrote:Wow, that's an uncanny resemblance to my German Shepherd. Well done!
Thank you, Glitcher! :3
Donnellson86 wrote:Just looking at this pic conjures feelings of comfort and tranquility. Very nice work, Kye.

P.S. Early Christmas art(that is tasteful) is always a win in my book.
Whoa, thanks for the kind words there Donnellson ^_^;
JustZsolt wrote:Nice picture!
Danke!
AlfaWskyDlta wrote:Awesome job all around.

P.S.- The first time I looked at it I didnt even notice that you didnt draw the backgound. :|
Eh still figured it was good to mention still. Thanks Alfa!
Moviedude18.0 wrote:Must...resist...urge...to...scream...from...cuteness...can't...hold...it...much...lon-

DAA'W!!! 8D

Good shading, drawn well, causes cuteness-induced comas...nope, nothing bad to say about this one. Good job Kye! :grin:

If you fall into a cuteness-induced coma please don't drool on the floor, thank you. x3 Thanks Moviedude!

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#193 Post by Lief »

KyeRaor wrote:
Lief wrote:...Huh. The midriff (Stomach) is too masculine-looking, I think. Otherwise, that's quite nice. The face doesn't seem to portray the action, although that could just be me.
Sorry I missed your comment the first time around Lief. Human faces I do need a terrible amount of practice with, the expression I was going for was an at-peace-daredevil (That makes little to no sense) kind of thing, but instead it looks like a bucktoothed grin. XD
Oh, good. I was beginning to think you were mad at me or something. And no, it doesn't look quite that bad. Although it certainly doesn't fit what you were going for.

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Dec 3rd: OhgodI'msorryIdrewPonies

#194 Post by KyeRaor »

Sorrysorrysorry I finally caved and drew some ponies. And my god, are they ever fun to draw. Like seriously.
First Sketches, made NSFW for a couple swears I wrote when doodlin'.

And then a sad Derpy :c
MLP:FiM is (c) to Hasbro, Lauren Faust and respective persons/companies. Durr

DA Linky
FA Linky

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Dec 3rd: OhgodI'msorryIdrewPonies

#195 Post by supervanman64 »

Don't know why yer apologizin'. Ponies are epic :kathrin: