Kye's "Art" Updated July 16th: Safari Sunset

Post all your artwork here!

Moderator: Moderators

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Kye's "Art" Updated July 16th: Safari Sunset

#1 Post by KyeRaor »

Alright I guess I'd start my own little thread for posting up my progress and things I call "art". Compared to a few other artists on this forum I feel like I need years more practice before I even think of uploading something. Anyway, I was practicing a little bit on the human figure, trying to get used to using ovals and lines to give a general idea of what I want my drawing to look like. The character here was origionally supposed to be walking diagonally, but the frustrated the {probably a bad word} out of me. So I did a side view instead.

It's also kind of an early idea of what I want one of the characters in my web comic to look like.

Its essentially an RCMP Officer (That's Canadian Police to you). I'll do the face some other time... I'm glad it doesn't look like I almost burned a whole in the paper....

I'm really content with the torso area, with the hand arm area. Gun turned out alright i think.. HATE hands with a passion.

Not really great at all... But a starting point...

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

Re: Kye's "Art"

#2 Post by supervanman64 »

Pretty good job on drawing in profile, man. :3

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#3 Post by KyeRaor »

EDIT: Sorry about that dup post, didn't even notice til now

Got some more work done a a couple hours. I put a bit more work into these ones, and spent some more time working on heads. The human faces are really hardto draw, so I'll start out doing some anime looking heads. Also hands and paws are some I need to work on.

Turned out okay I think. His head is a bit lopsided. The right side should be more curvy than straight. I like the left side looks much better. Also, how is one supposed to draw a buzz cut hair cut :/. The legs could be a bit longer.

Now onto to something that I am actually pretty happy with how it's turning out so far. I was practicing drawing anthros, getting irritated with the heads and hair. I started drawing one, started to look good and just kept going. I ended up with this.

One thing I should've noticed while drawing it was... One of the breasts is a bit too inflated. Okay, WAY too inflated.
The other thing I notice is that her eyes go in completely different directions making her look complete 'tarded.

With this picture, I also tried "inking".
Now... This told me something. I REALLY need to save up for an artist tablet if I'm going to continue doing this, because a touchpad on a laptop is very very very sensitive. And almost painful after a while :s

Thanks to GIMP I was able to fix the breast and untarded her.
For a first attempt I really like how it'd turned out. Now let's try coloring...."

Have to work more on hands/paws and hair...

supervanman64 wrote:Pretty good job on drawing in profile, man. :3
Thanks! Comments are appreciated :D

#First Completely Finished Piece#

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#4 Post by KyeRaor »

Well sorry for the double post, but I have a new piece that I was quite content with. While practicing anthro heads I started using AzeNaku's avatar, and well... This happened.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by AzeNaku »

Heh, me... :kathrin:

That's actually pretty good in my opinion, not that my opinion matters much. Where are the art people with opinions that matter?
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

supervanman64

#6 Post by supervanman64 »

AzeNaku wrote:Where are the art people with opinions that matter?
*busts in Koolaid man style*
OH YEAH!

I is an artist! :kathrin:

That's a really good job drawing Aze. X3

Geez, Aze, you've only had that avatar for how long, and you've already got fanart! Lucky... :redhair:

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by AzeNaku »

supervanman64 wrote:Geez, Aze, you've only had that avatar for how long, and you've already got fanart! Lucky... :redhair:
I thought we've already discussed my luck months ago... :redhair:

Now that a real artist agrees, I can definitely say that's some awesome art! :karen:

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#8 Post by Holy_458 »

*walks in thought the Supervanman64 shaped hole in the wall*

Ok, THAT is just plain awesome. You can tell you're liked when someone does fan-art of you in such a short time.

But...I feel the need to critique a little. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that these are jumping out at me.

His neck is pretty thick, it almost looks like he has a small head.
His arms, they be short...and extremely buff. :shock:
His waist is a little low and skinny in my opinion.

Other then that, I like it, and I want moar, moar you hear me! MOAR!!
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#9 Post by KyeRaor »

AzeNaku wrote: Now that a real artist agrees, I can definitely say that's some awesome art! :karen:
I am glad you approve. :mrgrin: .
Holy_458 wrote:*walks in thought the Supervanman64 shaped hole in the wall*

Ok, THAT is just plain awesome. You can tell you're liked when someone does fan-art of you in such a short time.

But...I feel the need to critique a little. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that these are jumping out at me.

His neck is pretty thick, it almost looks like he has a small head.
His arms, they be short...and extremely buff. :shock:
His waist is a little low and skinny in my opinion.

Other then that, I like it, and I want moar, moar you hear me! MOAR!!
Don't be afraid to critque, thats what I starting posting on here for. I'm just starting out drawin' and using the computer to ink and colour (I'm Canadian, so you're damn right I'm putting a u in colour) images. There is quite a bit I have to work on still, as shown.

"His neck is pretty thick, it almost looks like he as a small head"
- Yeah, getting a good head to body is kind of difficult for me to do. Looking at your comment and then looking at the picture again, I see what you mean.

"His arms, they be short...and extremely buff. :shock:"
-On the short part, yes I agree with you. The arms being crossed was a bit frustrating to get right (even though its still wonkish). The arms, the one on our left is a lot bulkier that the one on our right. I suppose that's whats throwing it off. I should've cut down on the shoulder a bit more, but I'm quite happy with the rest of it.

"Other then that, I like it, and I want moar, moar you hear me! MOAR!!"
-Asketh, and you shall receive...eth.

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#10 Post by KyeRaor »

Been working on this one all day, deciding to screw around with shading a bit. I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out. When I was first colouring it I was thinking "Eh... This is looking bad.." But once I get the shading in I think the picture was saved.

The character from one of my favourite games (if you don't know it, then get an xbox and go to the game store). The hand... REALLY bad. Infact the whole left arm can go burn in a glorious blaze of fire. No legs either because... I didn't wanna. Maybe I'll some in another time.

Not entirely happy with it... But I thought it was good enough to put up.

Infact, I'm gonna play some assassin's creed right now 8)

Viola.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by AzeNaku »

Altaïr FTW! It's pretty good. :karen:

supervanman64

#12 Post by supervanman64 »

AzeNaku wrote:Altaïr FTW! It's pretty good. :karen:
Indeed. Keep up the good work, man! :kathrin:

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#13 Post by KyeRaor »

OH SNAP.

Due to a level of unproductivity at college with all the homework done I decided to draw. Which happens to be quite the time passer, combined with listening to tunes. I've been praticing the human form all day and I think I'm finally starting to understand it. Shading as well.

As for this picture, guess who. It's not the greatest piece of fan art ever made, but I'm happy with it. It's amazing what a little shading can do to a 2d picture. (BTW, dear shading. I hate you. I hate drawing you).

(It's got the cropping tool around it because the origional size was a bit big, so I printscreened and took that picture.)

Now if it wasn't for the face, I'd be extremely content. Also the paw... GRR. And Hah, I managed to get away from drawing hands in this one too, and it still turned out mmkay. Considering I've only been drawing for a bout a week now...

Hair seems to be easier to draw as well.
Still need to work on eyes.

Comments are appreciated ;.;.

AzeNaku wrote:Altaïr FTW! It's pretty good. :karen:
Thanks!
supervanman64 wrote:Indeed. Keep up the good work, man!
Will do!

supervanman64

#14 Post by supervanman64 »

Pretty good for a start, but if the light is coming from the left, (which I believe is so) then the part of the hair on the left that's on her back doesn't need to be shaded. At least all the way that is, since most of the hair there would be exposed to the light. X3

Other than that, I think you did do a decent job shading. And yes, shading can be a hassle. That's the reason I only shade my comics nowadays. :redhair:

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#15 Post by KyeRaor »

supervanman64 wrote:Pretty good for a start, but if the light is coming from the left, (which I believe is so) then the part of the hair on the left that's on her back doesn't need to be shaded. At least all the way that is, since most of the hair there would be exposed to the light. X3

Other than that, I think you did do a decent job shading. And yes, shading can be a hassle. That's the reason I only shade my comics nowadays. :redhair:

I had to think about that for a bit. (Thanks for the comment btw :3) The hair in the back is darker because I didn't think it'd make much sense if the hair in the back is as bright as the hair in the front. And yes the light is coming from the left.

But an artist of higher level than I, probably knows what he is talking about more than I do. :X ehehe.