Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Feb 7th: Dusk Dip~

#226 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Best looking cheesecake I've ever seen. :P
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Feb 7th: Dusk Dip~

#227 Post by Donnellson86 »

I apologize for not being able to check out your arts. I actually forgot how good your work is.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Feb 17th: Run Tuna, Run! D:

#228 Post by KyeRaor »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:right thumb looks a little long, otherwise? TRES BIEN.
BIEN BIEN
AlfaWskyDlta wrote:Best looking cheesecake I've ever seen. :P
... So faaaar =.=
Donnellson86 wrote:I apologize for not being able to check out your arts. I actually forgot how good your work is.
Thanks Donnellson! I needed that x3
Gotta do something about that big fluffy tail Tuna, it's weighing you down!
There's a lot about this one I don't like.. Nature is actually really hard to draw and get to look good, there could probably be more buildings in the background or maybe there shouldn't be any at all... >_< It was hard to get the poses to something I liked. I need to work on a lot still. There's definitely problems with the female's anatomy but it was difficult finding a decent piece of reference so I winged it. /excuses D:
Frickin' Backgrounds. ._____.

FA linky

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#229 Post by Lief »

The only way to get better is to practice! I believe a lot of digital artists use brushes for things like leaves and grass, actually. (Strype does, for instance, and his pictures look almost real!) I suppose you could get it to look better if you wanted to kill your wrist and spend hours drawing the leaves individually. But hey, who's going to do that?

Onto the people. Nothing really stands out to me on the female, and I'm not an anatomy expert anyways. The only thing bugging me about her, is shouldn't she be on the sidewalk? It looks like Tuna just came off of it, so it would make sense if she was on it instead of in the road.

For some reason, it looks like Tuna has a... Well, a fat [censored], and thighs. His hands seem kind of small, and so does his head. They aren't quite proportionate. Another thing, are those tears? They don't really look like it, they could use to be a bit more... Liquidy?

/endfailartcritique (And by this I mean I suck at critiques, and not that your art sucks.)

Other than that stuff, I like it. Though I've got to wonder about the story behind this...

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#230 Post by Donnellson86 »

Three things: First, sorry for taking a week to finally see this to say anything.
Second, run faster!
Third, at least there are medical facilities nearby.
Div. 13 Story

MOOMANiBE
Traveler

#231 Post by MOOMANiBE »

Heeeey, I remember you! :D I think I've seen both your DA and FA. It was fun looking through this topic and seeing you hugely improve over the years you've been at it. You're getting pretty good :D Keep it up!

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#232 Post by KyeRaor »

Lief wrote:The only way to get better is to practice! I believe a lot of digital artists use brushes for things like leaves and grass, actually. (Strype does, for instance, and his pictures look almost real!) I suppose you could get it to look better if you wanted to kill your wrist and spend hours drawing the leaves individually. But hey, who's going to do that?

Onto the people. Nothing really stands out to me on the female, and I'm not an anatomy expert anyways. The only thing bugging me about her, is shouldn't she be on the sidewalk? It looks like Tuna just came off of it, so it would make sense if she was on it instead of in the road.

For some reason, it looks like Tuna has a... Well, a fat [censored], and thighs. His hands seem kind of small, and so does his head. They aren't quite proportionate. Another thing, are those tears? They don't really look like it, they could use to be a bit more... Liquidy?

/endfailartcritique (And by this I mean I suck at critiques, and not that your art sucks.)

Other than that stuff, I like it. Though I've got to wonder about the story behind this...
Hmm, I'll have to figure out how to use them/do that then. Another thing for me to learn I suppose. Yeah, I would prefer to keep my wrist thank you. I suppose it would make sense if Priss (Tuna's adopted character) was on the sidewalk but neeeeh. I drew the background after the characters and I had first attempted to get them both on the sidewalk but the perspective lines weren't workin' the way I wanted them to so I went the lazy route. : D. bad kye.

The rule of thumb I've used for hands is when they are fully extended they match the height of the head and I think I stayed pretty true to it, I don't know, at least in my opinion. But the head does look a little small in relation to the rest of the body so maybe that's the issue. As for Tuna's fat [censored].. Yeah I agree with you there (On the picture, Tuna D: Don't hit me). And the tear is flat out terrible. Thanks for the critique Lief, appreciate it.

And as for the story behind it all... I'm as curious as you are.
Donnellson86 wrote:Three things: First, sorry for taking a week to finally see this to say anything.
Second, run faster!
Third, at least there are medical facilities nearby.
I always appreciate the words Donnellson x3, it /is/ a good thing that clinic is within running distance eh?
MOOMANiBE wrote:Heeeey, I remember you! :D I think I've seen both your DA and FA. It was fun looking through this topic and seeing you hugely improve over the years you've been at it. You're getting pretty good :D Keep it up!
D: omgomgomg Moomanibe omg. *ahem*.
I mean thanks! >w>;

I don't know. I was hit by the nostalgia train playing Goldeneye 64, then I went to watch the movie and remembered how much I liked the song, and from the song I got the inspiration to draw whatever the eff this is. Whatever the eff it may be though, I am ecstatic with the end result. The drawing mojo was on uber today I guess and I just rolled with it. ^w^.

FOOFY TAILZ >:U

FA Linky

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated Feb 28th: Goldeneye

#233 Post by Donnellson86 »

Forgive me for thinking like a Trekkie but the pic seems almost Borg-ish(sans the exosuit). The other thing that strikes me is it looks like she's been in a fight. Great work, Kye.
Div. 13 Story

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#234 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

KyeRaor wrote: Image
GAAAH! What...what is that thing!? She's...she's [censored] scary! D8

*flees*

Okay, silliness aside this is a rather strange work. What is she, an android with a flesh suit ala the Terminators? The fact bits and pieces are ripped off makes her look rather menacing. Especially her left eye and the part of her mouth that's ripped off. That's the kind of look I expect to see on some psych-ward escapee. :shock:

Anatomy wise, this is definitely a step up from the last pick. However, two things stick out to me about this; her arms and legs. One thigh looks longer/slightly bigger than the other, and her right arm is both a little big (looking) in comparison to the other and in the wrong place (her shoulder is too far out). The issue with her shoulder is partly because you seem to be drawing the body "slanted". Her shoulders should square up at an angle corresponding with her leaning back as she is. They almost square up as if she were sitting upright, and it makes her right shoulder jut out too far and makes it just a hare too high up. I might scribble over your picture to give you a better idea of what I mean (as I find myself lacking words to clearly describe it), but for now that's the best I can explain it... :\

Other than that, she's fairly well drawn. The background is simple, yet cool, and the concept is definitely one of your more unique ideas. Your line work is getting better, but might I suggest maybe working on making the fur look fluffier. Right now, the tufts that indicate fur look more like spikes than nice, soft, hugable fluffiness. Overall, another good job and another step towards getting better. ^_^
Image Image

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

Re: Kye's "Art" Updated April 1: NSFW WIP Smackin' Balls Aro

#235 Post by KyeRaor »

:B What? Just playing pool...

Sorry. I didn't put much effort into this one simply because I wanted to pull this crappy joke XD, and to let you guys know I'm not dead. Haven't drawn much since my last one since honestly, got a bit discouraged after it. Did this to try and ease my way back into drawing again. So yeah, just did this for [censored] and giggles. Don't expect me to put any more work into this one, although I'll try and start drawing for serious now. Also, don't hate me for doing that ;w;

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#236 Post by coal »

You have great eyes in this picture! owo

I can understand why it was rushed and stuff, but the face, It is fascinating me. I think the expression is great.

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#237 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

coal wrote:You have great eyes in this picture! owo

I can understand why it was rushed and stuff, but the face, It is fascinating me. I think the expression is great.
That is a rather smug face right there. If you were grinning, I would swear your were parodying the troll face. If only my recently reset computer had Gimp right now, I would so photoshop a troll face onto that picture...

Nothing else to really say, since by your own admission it was just a warm-up piece, other than welcome back! ^_^
Image Image

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#238 Post by Donnellson86 »

Pretty good joke. As a rusty piece, I'd say it's (to use a term I haven't used in a while) "purdy good".

It is also good to see ya back to the art board.
Div. 13 Story

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#239 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

KyeRaor wrote:Also, don't hate me for doing that ;w;
Don't worry about it. Harmless April fools jokes are harmless. :P

Good to see you've come back though!
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#240 Post by KyeRaor »

In a drawin' mood today, and trying out some painting. Felt like streaming, so if you have nothing much to do, feel free to drop in! :3

EDIT:
Well, didn't notice anyone droppin' into the stream but oh wells. Had a really good four hour drawing session and tried my hand at Painting in Paint tool Sai. Quite happy with results. :3

"Let them know... Let them all know... That the war was won Here..."

FA Linky
dA Linky